American Amazon in 'Brainwashed'

Discuss "American Amazon" and other stories with Dumbtime!

Re: American Amazon in 'Brainwashed'

Postby Hector2 » January 25th, 2013, 10:42 pm

Hi there Dumbtime!

Thanks for the pm! It explained a loooooot of things, but I am curious about how will you explain all that in the comics!

Well, to tell you the truth, I think the goddess here is a Deux Ex Machina, but certainly I am grateful for that! Digitalus is such a smug snake that I was looking desperately for some way the princess would reject the brainwashing...

I really hope things could get better for her, but I think she is doomed by your own canon.

Great story! It was very sexy
Hector2

Postby dumbtime » January 26th, 2013, 8:48 am

Hello McComix world,

It’s that time of the month again, time for another installment of Brainwashed.

MacroLass and I would like to present part 4 of the second chapter for your reading pleasure.

Synopsis: The goddess of Virtue, Arete has come to side with Ainia to help fight back the advances of the Doctor inside Ainia’s psyche.
But, there is a problem, Ainia doesn’t want to fight. Will Arete be able to help Ainia overcome this hesitancy and push back Digitalus’s program
or will the same fate await them that Dora, Morrigan, Eriu and Erin experienced. Check out the update to find out.

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=45247

One month almost in the book, hope your year is off to a good start.
dumbtime

Postby dumbtime » January 26th, 2013, 9:01 am

Hector2 wrote:Hi there Dumbtime!

Thanks for the pm! It explained a loooooot of things, but I am curious about how will you explain all that in the comics!

Well, to tell you the truth, I think the goddess here is a Deux Ex Machina, but certainly I am grateful for that! Digitalus is such a smug snake that I was looking desperately for some way the princess would reject the brainwashing...

I really hope things could get better for her, but I think she is doomed by your own canon.

Great story! It was very sexy

Thanks Hector for the comment. I'm glad I could clear up a few things for you.

Ainia's grand story is broken up into smaller sub arcs. These smaller arcs will give me venues to work from to tell the whole arc. Brainwashed is one of the bigger of these sub arcs. Once I get up to a faster pace in rendering more of these (hopefully next month) you begin to get a more clearer picture.

Many people think bad of Deus Ex Machina (Latin) or Apo Mekhanes Theos (Greek) - the God from the crane. I think it serves a purpose if the internal logic of the story demands it. I can't stand when it is used as a crutch. I'm not going to say one way or the other if Arete is indeed that. I'm going to let you find out for yourself. ;)

She may be 'doomed' in this part of the arc but is she 'doomed' forever? There is a curse on her so, again, only time will tell. :)
dumbtime

Postby tomcat » January 26th, 2013, 4:17 pm

Wow, soo hott! :D
tomcat

Postby Hector2 » January 26th, 2013, 9:37 pm

Dear Dumbtime:

She may be 'doomed' in this part of the arc but is she 'doomed' forever? There is a curse on her so, again, only time will tell.

Oh come on! In other continuities (To love and obey, business ethics) we know she was brainwashed and working for ROPE. Isn't that enough? I hope she can escape... somehow...

However, I wanted to invite you to see "Green Ice" http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=65736 and http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=66440, a comic based in an idea from yours truly, and ask you for any advice you can give (or at least a review)... at viewtopic.php?f=42&t=13909

Thanks!
Hector2

Postby Hector2 » February 3rd, 2013, 10:08 pm

Dear Dumbtime:

After all you have wrote, the only thing I really got was that American Amazon was cursed… and only seeing Lady Arieta stripping her of her identity as a warrior I understand why.

It was very depressing seeing your story, but now seeing this last chapter, is depressing in the sense of a greek tragedy: Pathos and Bathos and all those things… sure, the heroine will fall, but now we understand how great the fall is.

This is really a tragic tale, congratulations Dumbtime.

PD I hope Lady Arieta could come back with help fast, your heroine doesn’t deserve everything that happens to her.
Hector2

Postby dumbtime » February 9th, 2013, 9:41 am

Hector2 wrote:Dear Dumbtime:

After all you have wrote, the only thing I really got was that American Amazon was cursed… and only seeing Lady Arieta stripping her of her identity as a warrior I understand why.

It was very depressing seeing your story, but now seeing this last chapter, is depressing in the sense of a greek tragedy: Pathos and Bathos and all those things… sure, the heroine will fall, but now we understand how great the fall is.

This is really a tragic tale, congratulations Dumbtime.

PD I hope Lady Arieta could come back with help fast, your heroine doesn’t deserve everything that happens to her.

Hang in there, Hector. Catharsis (purification) will come. You already know where the road ends up from here but as of now, you don't know what the path will be like. Remember, Ainia is not the only one cursed in this story. ;)

You are on the right track with what you say about it being a tragedy. Ainia is a tragic hero. She didn't/doesn't deserve any of this but, she was born into it (haven't shown that part yet - omen - twin first borns to the Queen of the Amazons) and it has 'changed' her.

I want to stir the readers pathos (emotions) when they read the episodes to be in favor of the hero (Ainia) or in favor of the nemesis (Digitalus) If your side is winning, you feel joy. If not, you feel depressed. But, fret not, there will be more ups and downs as it moves along until the story is told.

Thank you for all your comments, Hector. I ask for anyone else to compliment or challenge/criticize the work as they see fit. All of it helps tremendously.

DT
dumbtime

Postby dumbtime » March 1st, 2013, 5:32 am

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the delay this month but, things happen. I hope you guys aren’t too disappointed about that when you finally see the update. :)

MacroLass did another outstanding job with the dialogue and her witty interjections abound in this update as they have throughout.

Now, on with the show…

Synopsis : Last we saw inside the mind of American Amazon was the deity, Lady Arête, as she had come to the
rescue of Ainia from Digitalus’ psycho/techno assault. But Ainia didn’t want her help so; she retreated but took Ainia’s warrior
essence with her. Now defenseless, Ainia soul was converted by a computer program and now we will see what happens to
the rest of her mind.

Check at Part 5 of the second chapter of Brainwashed

DT
dumbtime

Postby controlfan » March 1st, 2013, 8:30 pm

this story didn't really seem to properly follow the last chapter
controlfan

Postby dumbtime » March 3rd, 2013, 7:06 am

controlfan wrote:this story didn't really seem to properly follow the last chapter

How so?
dumbtime

Postby mns_95125 » March 3rd, 2013, 11:45 am

It made sense to me.

The structure is a bit complex, though, with multiple levels. There are events in the real world, events in AA's mind, and events in what I take to be AA's 'core' or deepest self-image. (Where she had the conversation with Arete.) I can see how that could be confusing.
mns_95125

Postby dumbtime » March 3rd, 2013, 7:42 pm

mns_95125 wrote:It made sense to me.

The structure is a bit complex, though, with multiple levels. There are events in the real world, events in AA's mind, and events in what I take to be AA's 'core' or deepest self-image. (Where she had the conversation with Arete.) I can see how that could be confusing.

You are correct. With the Wiki page being down, It will be difficult for new subscribers to catch the full extent of the story chapters but, it shouldn't be incoherent at all.
Digi has had AA under his control secretly for a while now (See 'A Slave to a Nation' in the free gallery - http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=17391).

While under his control, he has been trying to figure out a way to turn her into a super solider for the government's benefit. During a few mental imagining sessions,
he found that she had a sizeable block of her memory repressed. In his first attempts to unlocking those memories, he caught a glimpse of a image that look to be a
blonde version of AA. He dug deeper and discovered it was, indeed, her twin sister. Since that time he has had many failed attempts at gathering anymore inform
and has grown tired of living the charade of hiding behind mind control with AA. He wants his true 'Amazon' - Ainia's sister - the one he can turn into his ultimate creation.

He has started a drive to find and collect that prize by retrieving certain subjects (human and mythological) and experimenting on them in order to achieve this goal -
'For the Benefit of Society' http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=14880 and Brainwashed 1 http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=45243.

What you've seen so far in the second chapter of Brainwashed is his big break with the AA memory predictament. He figured out there was a
crack in Ainia's resolve (a resolve that hasn't let him completely get control of her and has kept those memories locked away) That big break comes about when he realizes
that something has wore down the heroine's desires. It appears in her soul when she doesn't want to fight when Arete appears deep in her essense and talks with her.
At the end of part 4, you see Digi's special psycho-techno virus that he created to break through to Ainia's soul. It attacked her weakness and rewrote her soul with a
computer program. What we show you at the end of part 4 is Ainia's soul as it is now.

Part 5 moves back to her mind, as it needs to be transformed and reflect what has already happened to her soul. With this result, it is safe to see that Digi took over
her body and part of her mind in the 'A Slave to the Nation' story. He has been trying to break the rest of her mind unsuccessfully, until right now. He then took over
her soul and now, the rest of her mind. With her body already his, she is now completely his slave, which means he can now get the information he needs,
unless something else gets screwed up. ;)

If this doesn't clear things up any, I'm sorry, this is all you get from me about it. The Wiki had the background and I just summed it up in these words. PM me if you need more than this.

Thanks for looking at my work. I hope it makes sense now.

DT
dumbtime

Postby Hector2 » March 10th, 2013, 10:55 am

Dear Dumbtime:

At long last, Digitalus has triumphed. It was a sad thing to see AA fall, but it was a foregone conclusion.

I really hope she could shake this mind control, but I fear that would be in the far future :(
Hector2

Postby dumbtime » March 14th, 2013, 3:43 pm

Hector2 wrote:Dear Dumbtime:

At long last, Digitalus has triumphed. It was a sad thing to see AA fall, but it was a foregone conclusion.

I really hope she could shake this mind control, but I fear that would be in the far future :(

Yup. He has her now, more so than he ever did before. Now the question is, what is he going to do with her? The present and near future might seem bleak but AA's story is just taking off. I think the next update (the last one of part 2) might give a sliver of hope, Hector ;)

DT
dumbtime

Postby dumbtime » March 26th, 2013, 4:50 pm

Hello everyone,

Sorry, again, for the delay this month. Windows 7 was screwing up my machine so I had to take care of that.
I also allowed some time for MacroLass to focus on the dialogue a little more and not rush her. Now that the
site is back up, I can bring you the last part of Chapter 6. This is the fruition of comic fan Hector’s fears.
Digitalus’ day has come and he is about to get his just rewards, for now and for later.

I cannot say enough about the job MacroLass does on these dialogues. She does so much more than I could
ever imagine doing in presenting what is going on - the way it should be spoken, narrated and highlighted.

Now, on with the show…

Synopsis : This is his time. Digitalus has done it. He has broken down Ainia’s mental barriers and
altered the princess/warrior/heroine into one of his floosy slut servants. Her ability to resist him has been
removed from her core. Her mind, body and soul are now at his command. So, what will the proud villain
do with his brand new thrall?

Check at Part 6 of the second chapter of Brainwashed to find out.

This update is the last one for the recent chapter. We will be taking a break from Brainwashed
for a few months to focus on another story, a little change of pace for us both. I hope you have enjoyed the
first two chapters so far (Even you, Hector). There will be more exciting material to come when we start
back with chapter 3. 
dumbtime

PreviousNext

Return to Dumbtime