American Amazon: Simple shorts - A Rare Night Off

Discuss "American Amazon" and other stories with Dumbtime!

American Amazon: Simple shorts - A Rare Night Off

Postby dumbtime » November 27th, 2013, 4:30 am

Hello MCComix fans,

I’m back after a long medical hiatus with a free update for the loyal fans. I’ve been inching to get back in the
rendering saddle so with Wikkidlester’s help I was able to get this published for you guys so, without further ado…

Synopsis: After a busy stretch of crime-fighting in Capital city with her growing collective of sidekicks,
Anna – a.k.a American Amazon – gets a well-deserved night off. What kind of trouble could she possibly get
into all by herself? Check out this freebie and find out.

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery3/index.p ... -Night-Off

Enjoy,
DT
dumbtime

Re: American Amazon: Simple shorts - A Rare Night Off

Postby bluemax2 » November 27th, 2013, 12:12 pm

Dumbtime and WikkedLester:
Bravo!
Loved the story. It was too bad it was only a dream.
What about making Pentac a real adversary? An invasion and race to controls first superheroines and then all humans....
He does look familiar...I'm trying to think where I've seen his 5 pointy fingers before...I wonder...?

But seriously, very nice work. I just love seeing American Amazon controlled, stiff and rigid.
Lets see more of her and this story, don't you think gents?

Thanks once again.
Keep up the great work, both of you.

Bluemax
bluemax2

Postby dumbtime » December 4th, 2013, 2:35 pm

Hey Bluemax,

Thank you for your comment and we're sorry for the late response to it.

This is a piece I rough rendered back in May. I got Wikkid to look at it and he liked it so we cleaned it up and he added the dialogue and narrative. The chronology and continuity of the dream occurs sometime after Alien Invasion, Brainwashed and Trishbot's old story, To Love & Obey. American Amazon has immature telepathic abilities that allow her to communicate (sometimes, if she remembers how to do it) with her Amazon sisters back in her homeland. The other areas of her telepathy are unknown to her and thus, untested. She doesn't have much control over it but, sometimes they do aid her as she fights crime and villainy. Here she picks up on some foreshadowing of a future event but she doesn't realize it and it's morphed into the notions and perceptions of the story she just read.

I've been wanting to use that 5 fingered figure for sometime now. I'm thrilled we finally got the chance.

That telepathy is tied to her connection with the Goddess Arete (from Brainwashed 2). The tiara she has now is loosely constructed from the one she had back home which is the reason she has difficulty with her telepathy. That telepathy is what gave Digitalus fits.
dumbtime

Postby Mr. Cryptic » December 6th, 2013, 11:27 pm

The sequences outside the dream were actually my favorite parts of this comic. Ainia is sexy walking around in her night clothes, and then waking from a wet dream :) . I like to have sequences like that with my characters when I can too ;) .
Mr. Cryptic

Postby dumbtime » December 9th, 2013, 1:43 pm

Yeah. I like to do the occasional story where there is not much that affects continuity but still let's me tell a story. Dream sequences don't work for the audience all the time but they can work some of the time.
dumbtime

Return to Dumbtime