Picture resolution

Any new non-update information about MCcomix.com will be posted here. Do you have a question about the operation of MCcomix.com? This is where to go for answers.

Picture resolution

Postby tomcat » May 5th, 2012, 6:27 am

Hello, I once again apologize for using this thread inappropriately, but as this forums lack some kind of 'general discussion', well...

I've got a question for anyone from the staff, here. Is there any way for me to set up the 'default' resolution of pictures in member's gallery?
My problem is simple. I posess the 15" laptop with for whatever reasons a fullHD diplay (which is kind of mental at this size of screen, but that's not the point)
Now that all the pictures are inicially loaded in the smallest resolution (no doubt because of loading times on lower bandwidths) they usually are like 3x4 inches on my tiny screen, so it takes me at least three clicks to get every page in some readable shape.
I know, I'm a whiner, I can always download whole gallery and read it later, or use the presentation mode, but this would still be a great help...

cheers,
Tom
tomcat

Re: Picture resolution

Postby sohta123 » May 5th, 2012, 6:52 am

I have the same issue. I'd love to be able to pick a size and then not have to pick that again for every page.
And Tom, how are you downloading the issues? That's at least a workaround.
sohta123

Postby Hector2 » May 5th, 2012, 8:46 am

Hi there!

I am not sure if for "downloading all the gallery" you mean download each image, or if you really know how a way to download all the images. If the second assumption is true, please, could you tell me how to do it?

Thanks!
Hector2

Postby Uzobono » May 5th, 2012, 11:05 am

Hector2 wrote:Hi there!

I am not sure if for "downloading all the gallery" you mean download each image, or if you really know how a way to download all the images. If the second assumption is true, please, could you tell me how to do it?

Thanks!

You're asking to download all the pages in one file Hector?

Go to the album or issue you want to download, on the left hand side there is "Add Album to Cart", click that and then on the far right side above you'll see a drop-down menu <<cart actions>>, drop that down to "Download in Zip" and press "Go", and you'll have the entire album/issue you were viewing as a zip file in full resolution.

You will have to go inside the album you want to download though, so for example to download Division #1, you'll go to http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=44089 then do the steps above.

Hope that helps :D
Uzobono

Postby tomcat » May 5th, 2012, 12:32 pm

@Hector and Sohta: Yes, just like Uzobono said. I'd just add that unfortunately You're not able to download a gallery with subfolders, so, for instance, You can't download whole 'Prized Displays' but You have to go issue after issue...
tomcat

Postby Hector2 » May 5th, 2012, 5:00 pm

Thanks Uzobono and Sohta, I will try it!
Hector2

Postby tomcat » May 7th, 2012, 4:42 pm

The silence means 'no', this time, I guess XD
tomcat

Postby Doctor Robo » May 7th, 2012, 6:45 pm

The "MCcomix Information" forum was designed to be a catch-all for both non-update news from the staff as well as a place for members to ask questions. I have renamed it "MCcomix Questions and Answers" to make that more clear. My apologies for the confusion.

As to your concern about the image resolution, I do not currently see a way to make a certain size the 'default' setting. It appears to me that the default is the smallest size available. I'll keep looking into it and see if I can find out more information.

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby tomcat » May 8th, 2012, 3:15 am

Thank You, doc. :)
I suspected that much, well... *shruggs* it was just an idea

And I am sorry for using the wrong thread. You could move it to the right section, if You want. And I'll pay more attention while creating OTs, next time :)
tomcat

Return to MCcomix Questions and Answers