New Account Looking For Help

Any new non-update information about MCcomix.com will be posted here. Do you have a question about the operation of MCcomix.com? This is where to go for answers.

New Account Looking For Help

Postby WhiteFangofWar » December 4th, 2011, 6:24 pm

I have recently registered to this forum and am wondering if I have run into a technical error. I have already tried emailing the contact info on the FAQ page, but I couldn't find a public help page to post on. So I'm using this page since Trishbot's cover art is what originally enticed me here.

Whenever I attempt to read a linked file in a post by Trishbot or anyone here, I'm given a separate menu where I can repeat my login info to authenticate membership. Both user name and password are correct, but the menu simply reappears infinitely.

Would appreciate any assistance, though if there is a public help forum I missed please point me to it and delete this. Thanks.
WhiteFangofWar

Re: New Account Looking For Help

Postby Doctor Robo » December 4th, 2011, 9:44 pm

Hi there. Over the past few months we have enacted fairly stiff moderation controls in an effort to keep spammers from flooding our forums. One of those controls includes manual approval of all first-time posts. That is likely why your forum profile was not yet 100% functional. Please try again, and let me know if you are still having any troubles.

Thanks, and welcome to MCcomix.com!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby WhiteFangofWar » December 4th, 2011, 10:43 pm

Thanks for the quick response! Nothing has changed on my end. The menu requests a user name and password for the server 'mccomix80', but entering those just makes the menu reappear. Entering the wrong name or password sends it to a broken link page.
WhiteFangofWar

Postby kakyo001 » December 5th, 2011, 7:08 am

to me it sounds like you missed the part where you need to pay to enter the member area of the site... the seperate menu isn't connected to the forum-account to to the company that manages the member-area access
kakyo001

Postby WhiteFangofWar » December 5th, 2011, 9:22 pm

Yes, silly me missed that part... how do I pay for membership? (not listed in FAQ)
WhiteFangofWar

Postby Northern Chill » December 5th, 2011, 10:08 pm

http://www.mccomix.com/join.php

Click the link listed on that page to take you to a secure server and have the credit card ready.
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

"What does this story need?...more Franbot!!!"
Northern Chill

Postby MacroLass » December 5th, 2011, 10:08 pm

Go to this page http://www.mccomix.com/join.php and click where it says Join Now.

Bah! Too slow! :cry:
MacroLass

Postby WhiteFangofWar » December 6th, 2011, 8:12 pm

Done and paid, it works fine. Thanks for all the help :)
WhiteFangofWar

Postby Doctor Robo » December 6th, 2011, 8:15 pm

WhiteFangofWar wrote:Done and paid, it works fine. Thanks for all the help :)

Great! Welcome aboard. We look forward to hearing what you think of our site and our work!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Return to MCcomix Questions and Answers