Creativeguy

Any new non-update information about MCcomix.com will be posted here. Do you have a question about the operation of MCcomix.com? This is where to go for answers.

Creativeguy

Postby Tony » October 26th, 2014, 6:37 pm

I was going to post some replies in the Creativeguy section when I realized that I canNOT post replies to this section of the board. I assume this is an oversight. Or do you think Creativeguy doesn't want any conversation about his comix?

In terms of what I was going to post there, I'll try posting it here to see if he wants the feedback.

I find the speed at where updates are made to existing running series, those that seem like they have not yet completed, to be at a snails pace. Yet Creativeguy has found time to start several new series. Do you think it is better to have lots of stories running yet incomplete rather than a few stories being updated regularly?

Specifically, Freedom Fems has managed 5 issues, Drone Daze and The Accidental Mind Controller 3 issues, Prince of the Blood and BZ39 2 issues while the rest (3 more stories) have one had one issue each. I very much like The Accidental Mind Controller which hasn't seen an update since July and BZ39 which hasn't seen an update since August. Yet we have seen 3 new startup since then which really haven't gotten far enough along in their stories for me to decide whether I like them or not.

Maybe if replies are enabled in your section of the board, you can get feedback on which stories are liked and change the pace at which you deliver favorite material.

One last thing, I am almost always reading the dialog in the wrong order. The nearest I can come up with is the box closest to the speaker comes first. But rarely do I manage to get which character is speaking in which order without rereading the page over several times to try to decide which way makes the most sense for what is being said. Do you have any suggestions for how to determine which order the dialog boxes are to be read in?
Tony

Re: Creativeguy

Postby creativeguy » October 27th, 2014, 6:31 pm

Tony wrote:I was going to post some replies in the Creativeguy section when I realized that I canNOT post replies to this section of the board. I assume this is an oversight. Or do you think Creativeguy doesn't want any conversation about his comix?

In terms of what I was going to post there, I'll try posting it here to see if he wants the feedback.

I find the speed at where updates are made to existing running series, those that seem like they have not yet completed, to be at a snails pace. Yet Creativeguy has found time to start several new series. Do you think it is better to have lots of stories running yet incomplete rather than a few stories being updated regularly?

Specifically, Freedom Fems has managed 5 issues, Drone Daze and The Accidental Mind Controller 3 issues, Prince of the Blood and BZ39 2 issues while the rest (3 more stories) have one had one issue each. I very much like The Accidental Mind Controller which hasn't seen an update since July and BZ39 which hasn't seen an update since August. Yet we have seen 3 new startup since then which really haven't gotten far enough along in their stories for me to decide whether I like them or not.

Maybe if replies are enabled in your section of the board, you can get feedback on which stories are liked and change the pace at which you deliver favorite material.

One last thing, I am almost always reading the dialog in the wrong order. The nearest I can come up with is the box closest to the speaker comes first. But rarely do I manage to get which character is speaking in which order without rereading the page over several times to try to decide which way makes the most sense for what is being said. Do you have any suggestions for how to determine which order the dialog boxes are to be read in?

Hey Tony dropped a note to Jpeger to look at that, didn't know there was a permissioning issue. :) Always interested in feedback by the way and I can be reached on my DA account if all mechanisms fail ;)

So to attempt to answer your question on the variety of series I have in process. When I first started I built up a buffer of series that I had developed characters and plots for... in some cases even had them completely laid out and ready to render. A few things have occurred in the last six months when I filled in for folks at times here... and of course RL hell with health issues for my parents and immediate family. So since time was tight I released a lot of stuff that wasn't my immediate intention to release at those times... I took what was ready to go and ran with it. I work fulltime, have family, coach, etc so had to go with quick and easy rather than push the current series at times. I sort of wiped out my buffer and now I'm trying to get back on top. So you see the Dept of Public Health for example as I have 2 more episodes ready to render already ... and one other that I will start next month. I'm building up a buffer so that I can return to the storylines in question rather than feeling crash coursed to complete.

Specifically, Accidental Mind Controller is done as he isn't acciedental anymore, but I'm working on some new characters and sets for The Reluctant Mind Controller that will get a bit more steady once I have room to breath again. Drone Daze I have major plans for with a couple additional characters and an extension in that general universe. BZ39 .... I have to build the next sets out but will return.

Freedom Femmes will be returning working on a new storyline with the writer just been to busy to develop a whole new set of characters for it... in the works now. Then MCA and Facades will continue with Northern Chill ... they sort of slurp up some free time as well ... all fun though!

So long story short things should steady out... however, I get very little feedback in general (even when I was in the guest forums) so I actually don't know what folks actually like ... so in an interest to also fill in some niches ... I try to present some different stuff. I get bored easily sometimes as well. But as said give me a month or so and things should be smoother and a bit more focused on the storylines here that I have running.

As for reading my comics, still wiggling that one out. I'm trying to reduce the text a bit so it is a little clearer I think you see that with The Department of Public Health issue I posted this weekend. Usually first bubble from speaker then go to the first bubble of the other speaker depending on the context... etc... Any suggestions are welcome I've seen another style for another site I have posted a comic on that does some overlapping thing... but not keen on it as it looks messy but willing to try it here I guess so you can figure order out better... or you can suggest something that may make it easy. I mean I haven't been making comics that about a year or so now so I still got lots to learn :)

Thanks for the thoughts!
creativeguy

Postby Tony » October 27th, 2014, 7:26 pm

creativeguy wrote:Specifically, Accidental Mind Controller is done as he isn't acciedental anymore, but I'm working on some new characters and sets for The Reluctant Mind Controller that will get a bit more steady once I have room to breath again.

Thanks for the thoughts!

I think the Accidental Mind Controller needs one more good binding episode with the existing characters that will get past the girls blocks and get him to being Reluctant. Maybe even one more set of accidental commands. If that means a bunch of sex with finally the girls helping him a little, so be it. :)
Tony

Postby creativeguy » October 27th, 2014, 7:33 pm

Tony wrote:
creativeguy wrote:Specifically, Accidental Mind Controller is done as he isn't acciedental anymore, but I'm working on some new characters and sets for The Reluctant Mind Controller that will get a bit more steady once I have room to breath again.

Thanks for the thoughts!

I think the Accidental Mind Controller needs one more good binding episode with the existing characters that will get past the girls blocks and get him to being Reluctant. Maybe even one more set of accidental commands. If that means a bunch of sex with finally the girls helping him a little, so be it. :)

Strange you should say that actually. :) I was looking at the state of affairs for Accidental MInd Controller and I was thinking something similar ... a better transition into the next series... So I'll see what I can do I need to think on what mischief to cause :)
creativeguy

Postby Tony » November 8th, 2014, 8:09 pm

Still can't start new topics or post replies to existing topics in your area...
Tony

Postby creativeguy » November 9th, 2014, 8:03 am

Yeah I know I'm going to do something temp until Jpeger can fix the forum in those regards... so I'll go start a thread in the guest area for the time being to get feedback from folks.
creativeguy

Postby GARFIELD » February 28th, 2015, 10:18 pm

just finish reading your last freedom femmes and i loved it, love your art and i think its getting better... keep the good work. :)
GARFIELD

Postby Tony » April 4th, 2016, 1:44 pm

Tony wrote:
I'm wondering if Creativeguy is also having a problem creating new topics. He hasn't posted new threads for his new comics there in a while. And, I can't start a new topic there either although I can in other areas.

I can't load the last three pages of Circus Master 5. I also can't start a new topic in CreativeGuy's area to say that.
Tony

Postby bluemax2 » May 10th, 2016, 5:09 pm

Why did Creativeguy leave?
His work is great and he had some interesting stories.
Where has he gone to? Anyone know?
bluemax2

Postby pelusa1ca » May 11th, 2016, 10:52 am

I asked a similar question a week ago when his Btreakhaven installment not only missed the delivery date, but was then pulled from the cover pages. That post was deleted without explanation and I posted a second time with no response. There was a comment from Deviant Art that Creativeguy's partnership with MCcomix was over.
Supporter of MCComix and HIPcomix
pelusa1ca

Return to MCcomix Questions and Answers