No more downloads?

Any new non-update information about MCcomix.com will be posted here. Do you have a question about the operation of MCcomix.com? This is where to go for answers.

No more downloads?

Postby NoneNeeded » May 21st, 2013, 7:30 pm

Given the disappearance of stories with Metrobay's departure, I have gotten into the habit of downloading issues I want so I don't lose then in the next wave of departures.

But it appears that that option has been removed.

Was that by design?
NoneNeeded

Re: No more downloads?

Postby Tony » May 23rd, 2013, 9:26 am

I'd like an answer to that question too...
Tony

Postby mctek » May 23rd, 2013, 11:14 am

That's odd. It might have got turned off when Jpeger was trying to upgrade the site system. I'll sent him an email letting him know of the problems, sorry for the inconvenience fellas. Let me know if you spot any more issues and we'll try to get them resolved.

Tek~
mctek

Postby NoneNeeded » May 24th, 2013, 5:20 pm

mctek wrote:That's odd. It might have got turned off when Jpeger was trying to upgrade the site system. I'll sent him an email letting him know of the problems, sorry for the inconvenience fellas. Let me know if you spot any more issues and we'll try to get them resolved.

Tek~

Thanks. But I think you are dropping this feature.

I had just asked Jpeger about whether hipcomix supported some sort of bulk download like this and in the confusion over my phrasing the question, told me that this was deliberately disabled here. Though it might return if the cart is redesigned.

This will make downloading the files unbearably tedious(pick file, pick file size, r-click save image, approve file name, repeat). I would develop CTS from the most recent CORE post!

The only good thing I can see is that it will not be as bad as it might have been since many of the stories seem to be having few pages to them than in the past(with a few 170 page monsters as the exceptions!).

NN
NoneNeeded

Postby bluemax2 » May 28th, 2013, 8:29 pm

What? No more downloading allowed???
Is this true or will it be restored soon?
Please let us know.

thanks.

Bluemax
bluemax2

Postby NoneNeeded » June 2nd, 2013, 7:40 pm

Quick note to point out that downloads seem to have returned! At least in the members area for the two most recent updates.

I suspect the 'problem' may have been a surge in traffic caused by the 160 page CORE dump into the free section. It does not appear to have downloads available there. So maybe the decision was to only give paid content the option.

I think that is probably a good compromise if that is the case. I would hope that mccomix might also provide a link to the free stuff though the member portal so we could download that also. I do not look forward to the next CORE update of 160 pages and 800 mouse clicks.

Thanks for addressing our concerns!
NoneNeeded

Postby NoneNeeded » September 24th, 2014, 8:20 pm

Seems that they are gone again. Quite the pain in the...
NoneNeeded

Return to MCcomix Questions and Answers