Server, gallery and all around upgrade Dec 12 2012

Any new non-update information about MCcomix.com will be posted here. Do you have a question about the operation of MCcomix.com? This is where to go for answers.

Server, gallery and all around upgrade Dec 12 2012

Postby jpeger » December 11th, 2012, 8:20 pm

Tomorrow I'm going to be working on Mccomix. I'm planning on doing a gallery upgrade.

Starting at approx 10:00 AM (CST) I will upgrade the members and free site. If I can do that successfully and without error, I'll begin the server migration in the afternoon.

I will post something here on Mccomix when It's complete. I'll be changing the DNS on the server, so there is a chance you'll be getting weird errors on that day until the DNS starts resolving correctly for everyone.

Thanks.

JPeger,
Site Admin.
jpeger
Site Admin

Re: Server, gallery and all around upgrade Dec 12 2012

Postby jrhcl2 » December 15th, 2012, 9:13 am

jpeger wrote:.

Tomorrow I'm going to be working on Mccomix. I'm planning on doing a gallery upgrade.

Starting at approx 10:00 AM (CST) I will upgrade the members and free site. If I can do that successfully and without error, I'll begin the server migration in the afternoon.

I will post something here on Mccomix when It's complete. I'll be changing the DNS on the server, so there is a chance you'll be getting weird errors on that day until the DNS starts resolving correctly for everyone.

Thanks.

JPeger,
Site Admin.

Hey JPeger, have you completed these upgrades???
jrhcl2

Postby jpeger » December 16th, 2012, 12:06 am

The upgrade that I wished to do had failed, so I've been working with the developers on getting a better understanding on why. We are still looking at a Monday or Tuesday second attempt.

If you want to see some of the features in play, feel free to check http:/www.hipbondage.com to see some of the new functionalities are. We were able to port that site over successfully.

I'll do my best to keep everyone apprised here.

Jpeger.
jpeger
Site Admin

Postby leto17 » December 16th, 2012, 5:36 pm

Good luck!
leto17

Postby jpeger » December 16th, 2012, 8:46 pm

Server Migration complete.
jpeger
Site Admin

Postby jpeger » December 16th, 2012, 8:57 pm

The server migration is now complete. Although I did not get a chance to upgrade the gallery from version two to version three, you should all see a substantial increase in speed. Once I've completed the migration of Hipcomix, I will begin work on adding new galleries and implementing a shopping cart to which you can purchase your favorite Hipcomix and McComix back issues.

We are now also working on a direct mailing list to work in conjunction with our forums. This will give you real time and around the clock access to both the system administration and possibly any artists out there listening.

Thank you for your patience, please let me know directly if you see anything strange, or a function isn't working properly.

Jpeger.
jpeger
Site Admin

Return to MCcomix Questions and Answers