Spam and Board updates

Any new non-update information about MCcomix.com will be posted here. Do you have a question about the operation of MCcomix.com? This is where to go for answers.

Spam and Board updates

Postby jpeger » October 29th, 2012, 11:46 am

I have very little time this morning, so I'm going to try to keep this short.

There are several things happening here at McComix. First is, I'm moving the server from one site to another. This is effecting DNS, and, like this morning, I might have to take certain portions of the system into maintenance mode in order to insure the site is synced from old server to new server. I'll try to minimize the downtime.

(For those into IT, I'm moving the site from one dedicated server to another. This site uses an outdated operating system, and rather than update the OS on an old machine, we've purchased a new machine and I'm rsyncing the shell accounts. The old OS doesn't support the new PHP/mysql that's required to help integrate the new features.)

The other issue is the spamming on this board. I've spent a good portion of the morning working on upgrading the board software which will help defeat these spam bots (It did at Hipcomix). I'm also going through the topics and deleting the spam posts as I find them, which unfortunately, taking me away from the server move.

I apologize for any downtime or system issues this is causing. I understand that people are waiting for things to get fixed, and I do have the full list. I'm working on them as I can. If you have any specific concerns, please email me at admin@hipcomix.com. The artists don't have any more information than I do at this time, and I'll update here as things go along.

Jpeger.
jpeger
Site Admin

Re: Spam and Board updates

Postby Ghosthand » November 1st, 2012, 10:32 am

You can rebuild it, you can make it better than what it was!

Good luck with the upgrades and thanks for the hard work :)
Ghosthand

Postby jpeger » November 9th, 2012, 4:04 pm

The new server has been implemented, and we have launched Hipbondge.com upon it. If you take a moment and go over to Hipbondage.com, you will be able to see a sample of the new gallery system, and what we plan to implement for McComix.com.

Beyond upgrading the server technology and the BackOffice operating system behind it, we will be able to implement the new shopping cart system that will not only allow for products such as T shirts, hats, and coffee mugs of your favorite characters, but we will be able to package up series of comics for individual sale in conjunction with your membership to the finest comics produced.

We're also implementing mobile technology into the galleries which will allow you to access your favorite comic series while on the go! Although we will not be implementing any kind of an ap for a smart phone, we will be designing the webpage with an ability to change to a mobile friendly format while accessing it from an android or an iPhone.

Once we've completed the conversion of McComix.com we will direct our focus to Hipcomix.com as the server and BackOffice System running on that is 10 year old technology and scripting. Hipcomix, and McComix are still running on web sites designed 5 to 10 years ago. We are working diligently in the background to complete this process by the middle of next week.

We invite you to visit Hipbondage.com which is completely free at this time, using the login and password provided on the main page, to see exactly how our testing server is coming along.

Thank you for your patience,

Jpeger
jpeger
Site Admin

Postby NoneNeeded » November 12th, 2012, 4:52 pm

You might want to check the hipbondage.com site. It seems to have reverted to the animated graphic"Coming Spring 2012" with no way to log on or visit anything.
NoneNeeded

Postby jpeger » December 16th, 2012, 8:50 pm

Seems fine. Might have been DNS issues when I moved it to the new server.
jpeger
Site Admin

Return to MCcomix Questions and Answers