missing folders (story)

Any new non-update information about MCcomix.com will be posted here. Do you have a question about the operation of MCcomix.com? This is where to go for answers.

Re: missing folders (story)

Postby Tony » November 4th, 2012, 12:48 pm

We've even lost covers to the most recently posted stories.

Island of the Zombots is missing cover 13.
A New Toy #5 is missing the cover and the story is gone too.

Victory City #30 is missing most of the story.

Two of Uzobono's recent stories have been posted on another site rather than here!

The good (?) news is that the next planned updated isn't until Nov 18th. The bad news is that's 2 weeks with no stories posted or about 8 missing stories.

I certainly hope that this isn't a sign of things to come. It's certainly not a way to keep membership up.
Tony

Postby Tecknophyle » November 4th, 2012, 5:25 pm

There will be an update on the 13th: I just haven't put up a cover yet.
Tecknophyle

Postby Northern Chill » November 4th, 2012, 5:31 pm

With the reorganization going on, there will be some data shifted around...however, as Jpeger states, updates will continue to happen in the member section as scheduled (look for this week's covers in the next day or so, for example).

Northern Chill
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

"What does this story need?...more Franbot!!!"
Northern Chill

Postby Tony » November 4th, 2012, 5:39 pm

My point is some of the recent updates are missing as are some of the recent covers. Will they be put back or are they simply gone? After all, some of the membership probably was impacted by Sandy and didn't get a chance to download those when they did appear. Nor should they be expected to have to do that the day an update is posted. And some of the promised updates didn't even get posted to this site and were posted to another site for distribution.

I'm hoping that you'll try to get the recent stuff back up on the site quickly as well as keeping a reasonable posting schedule during the change. After all, if the recent stuff isn't being re-updated after a problem, the membership has no reason to think that the older stuff will ever get put back into place. And with no expectations, the membership has no reason to stay as members.
Tony

Postby mns_95125 » November 4th, 2012, 5:41 pm

Northern Chill wrote:As Jpeger states, updates will continue to happen in the member section as scheduled...

With the apparent exception of Dumbtime's most recent American Amazon update, scheduled for October 27th and missing in action for over a week even as other updates have been posted.
mns_95125

Postby dumbtime » November 4th, 2012, 7:33 pm

All of my stuff was/is affected by the reorganization (including the free gallery), hence the reason the update isn't posted. Trust me when I say it will be put back up. The update is done but I can't post it yet. It will be posted when my stuff is back up. I can't speak for others but stuff happens when you need to make a transistion. All I can say is, bare with it for a little more if you're wanting to keep up with the story. It will make its way back to your computer or tablet screen.

Jpeger knows how to handle this and is working on it as we speak.

DT
dumbtime

Postby mctek » November 4th, 2012, 8:12 pm

Sorry gang, between getting a full time position, looking for an apt and dealing with personal issues, sometimes i forget to make covers in advance. Jpegers working on the issues, but as far as i know servers like to take long and often be a stubborn lot. Specially when updating a out of date system setup. I'll do my best later on to be more on time. Thanks again for waiting and reading our stuff we appreciate your support and hope to have those server issues resolved soon for your enjoyment.

Tek~
mctek

Postby tomcat » November 4th, 2012, 9:41 pm

Alright, we'll be patient. I apologize to all staff for stirring the panic. I just don't want to lose my favourite cyberspace spot. :)
tomcat

Postby mesmereyes » November 5th, 2012, 1:32 am

So with all of the issues here that jpeger is working on he can find time to open a third paysite at hipbondage but not to finish up with the changes here?
mesmereyes

Postby tomcat » November 5th, 2012, 6:38 am

Sigh...
tomcat

Postby jrhcl2 » November 5th, 2012, 7:26 am

After all the changes will the site still be the same?? I hope the site will be up front with us!! Is reorganization a code word meaning that the adult content will disappear, the content will be PG rated, still focusing on mind control, but very little nudity and no sexually explicit material. Will the site still offer the same kind of material after the reorganization is done ??
jrhcl2

Postby Trishbot » November 5th, 2012, 8:30 am

Hey everyone! Trishbot here. I apologize for not speaking out sooner, but I was SWAMPED with comic work and a birthday these past several days and today is the first moment in nearly a week that I've had any time to myself.

Let me answer a few questions and concerns, at least according to MY work, and maybe this issue can settle down a bit.

So... *ahem* here's the deal:

1) We are currently having a server migration to a new server host. Our prior server was nearly at its end, with the site hosting concurrently thousands upon tens of thousands of images, and we were experiencing some problems as we neared the end of our allotted server space. To stabilize the server a bit, we've unfortunately (but temporarily) cut back some of our older issues to both help the old server get back on its feet while also assisting in the migration to the new server.

2) Our upcoming server host is similarly screening our comics at the moment. The plan is that everything that has been produced will return, but it's a long process of having everything looked over, re-approved, and finalized. As things are re-approved, you will start to see those "missing" folders and comics popping back up. Trust me; none of my stuff is going anywhere.

3) The issue is we're sort of in the limbo period right now. We're trying to deal with the strain and hassles of the old server, setting the stage for the new server, and that basically will require a "site reboot" once the process of the server migration is complete. Once that happens (which should last around two weeks or so), everything will be ready to go and us artists will put the stories back up once the site gets approval from the new server host.

So, to be very blunt: NO, the comics are not gone forever. NO, we are not going PG. NO, this isn't some mass exodus. YES, there will be some server and content issues for a brief few weeks as things get squared away with the new host. YES, some of our older issues will be temporarily removed while this occurs. NO, I will not take my shirt off and jiggle my boobs at anyone, except for my boyfriend.

Hope that helps.
Trishbot

Postby tomcat » November 5th, 2012, 9:01 am

*hugs Trish*

...to quote James Vega: "Hallelujah, some answers, finally"

:D

Now back to being patient and altogether supportive subscriber...
tomcat

Postby HelloAll » November 6th, 2012, 8:40 pm

Really disappointing to find that half the content is gone after I finally decide to re-register. I was a subscriber for a long time before deciding to stop because content wasn't being updated quickly enough. After waiting some months and watching the cover galleries, I decided it was a good time to sign up again, and this is what I get. Judging from this topic many comics have been missing for over 12 days now and there is no clear indication on when it will be back. I appreciate Trish's effort to clarify things, but as someone who re-joined to look through all the stuff I've missed, it feels like I've made a giant mistake.
HelloAll

Postby tomcat » November 8th, 2012, 2:46 pm

You've just chosen a bad week :D

Be patient... *bites nails*
tomcat

PreviousNext

Return to MCcomix Questions and Answers