Updates during my Subscription Period

Any new non-update information about MCcomix.com will be posted here. Do you have a question about the operation of MCcomix.com? This is where to go for answers.

Updates during my Subscription Period

Postby toughdude » May 27th, 2011, 11:30 am

So at first sorry if this is the wrong Board, but I seriously don't know where else to post.

So I have been a Member now for a Month, and I must admit that in this time I received almost no real Updates to the good Stories. I was waiting for Dumbtimes Story to continue e.g. as it was scheduled for Wednesday, but it delayed. So know my Subscription ended, and I missed it due to the delay.

I can understand all your real-life issues and stuff, but as this is a commercial site, and around 17 euros a Month (~24$) I expect a little more.

A cheaper subscription I would always do again, but for the money spent you get not that much at all in case of new Stuff.

You should've not seperated MC and Hipcomix, for both sides I guess a lot more people would be willed to pay that much money.

I think that's a serious Issue you should think about as I guess a lot of People (your customers) are thinking the way I do.

Regards,

TD
toughdude

Re: Updates during my Subscription Period

Postby toughdude » May 28th, 2011, 3:46 pm

Ok at least I know where to buy cheap Tramadol now :-D
toughdude

Postby Doctor Robo » May 28th, 2011, 8:46 pm

Hi Toughdude. Thank you for your note.

I am sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with your subscription to MCcomix.com. I understand your frustration with the delay in Dumbtime's comic, but personal issues forced a delay that unfortunately coincided with the expiration of your subscription. For that, I apologize. Dumbtime is usually good about posting his updates on time, but occasionally delays are unavoidable.

I will say that MCcomix updates our members area three times per week, every week, 50 weeks out of the year. The updates are usually on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays. We also regularly offer free additional comics outside of our regular schedule. So I feel strongly that our prices and frequency of new comics matches up well with any of our competitors in the erotic digital comics business. At $15 per month for a recurring membership, divided by an average of about 13 updates per month, that works out to about $1.15 per update. You'll pay $3-$4 for a single mainstream comic book, and you won't get all the hot action you expect from MCcomix.com. I may be biased, but I think that's a pretty good deal.

Okay, I'll stop campaigning now. I hope you enjoyed your membership with MCcomix, and I hope you'll consider us for another subscription down the road. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thanks again,
- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby jpeger » May 29th, 2011, 12:41 am

I don't see any reason why we can't add a few days to the membership so you can see the episode you were wanting to see. Especially since it was an artist delay. Just let me know your user name, and I'll reactivate your account for a bit so you'll have a chance to get the episode you were looking for. Better yet, email me at admin@hipcomix.com. Just let me know your user name.

Thanks for voicing your concerns. I won't be able to explain it better than Doc did, so I won't even try. I do appreciate your circumstance though, and I'd be happy to make this right for you.

Jp.
jpeger
Site Admin

Postby toughdude » May 29th, 2011, 2:34 pm

At first Thank you both for your kind Feedback to my Post.

Sadly CCBill does charge a lot more for european customers, so the subscription is as mentiones 17€ / Month for me, which equals approx. 24US$.

I do appriciate the work you do, as I know it's a nieche and not the mainstream stuff that is going on here and I respect that (even if it might not sound like that).

I will send you my username via EMail, and no worries I'm not gone forever. I will think about renewing my subscription ;-)

Regards
toughdude

Postby jpeger » May 29th, 2011, 5:24 pm

For admins following this thread,

I spoke to toughdude in a private email, I've added a week to his subscription so he can access the content he was waiting for. Thanks for bringing this to my attention Doc.

Jp.
jpeger
Site Admin

Postby tomcat » June 24th, 2011, 5:38 am

I'd like to second that complaint with a bit of a clarification. I am quite a regular member (usually about eight months here an the rest with HIP) so I know what's what around here, but for a newcomer or someone who's buying membership occasionaly, your schedule could be a little frustrating.
If I take this month for example, there were updates on 31.5., then 1., 2., 6, 7., plus there were two updates that just appeared in member's area completely unannounced, wich is.. well... good... but for someone who joined on 8. there were poor TWO updates until today (!). And noone knows what happened to Electronica.
So I would like to suggest not more updates, but just more regular schedule.
It was a nice habit on HIP that one artist covered with his update for another one who couldn't make it in time, so they just switched update windows and nothing happened...
Just saying...
It doesn't make your site less awesome

Tom
tomcat

Postby Doctor Robo » June 24th, 2011, 9:00 pm

tomcat wrote:I'd like to second that complaint with a bit of a clarification. I am quite a regular member (usually about eight months here an the rest with HIP) so I know what's what around here, but for a newcomer or someone who's buying membership occasionaly, your schedule could be a little frustrating.
If I take this month for example, there were updates on 31.5., then 1., 2., 6, 7., plus there were two updates that just appeared in member's area completely unannounced, wich is.. well... good... but for someone who joined on 8. there were poor TWO updates until today (!). And noone knows what happened to Electronica.
So I would like to suggest not more updates, but just more regular schedule.
It was a nice habit on HIP that one artist covered with his update for another one who couldn't make it in time, so they just switched update windows and nothing happened...
Just saying...
It doesn't make your site less awesome

Tom

Hi Tom. Thanks for your comments. We have a set schedule of Sunday-Tuesday-Thursday, which usually works out to 13 updates per month. We haven't made this schedule public, because while the update days are set, the staff assignments are somewhat fluid based on 'real life' situations and artists' production capabilities.

We also try to add additional content to either the free or members areas as our way of saying thanks to our loyal members (such as yourself), and as an enticement for potential new members. Those extra updates are usually added as time allows, which leads to unannounced or last minute posts.

At any rate, we do strive to maintain consistency with our schedule, and we try to use the covers gallery to announce upcoming issues as much as possible. However, we can do better, and we'll try to do so from here on out.

Thanks again,
- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby tomcat » June 25th, 2011, 2:41 am

Hehe, I am sorry. I think my english is not as good as I thought. It's not exactly what I meant, but nevermind. We know, of course, you're just human beings who need to eat, live, and when Nature allows, even sleep a little. Although I am not sure with you personally as, although you're good writer, your forum replies look like cloned by computer. On the other hand it wouldn't be bad to program a bot to maintain...umm.. us, while you are tending to more imortant matters... XD
Keep on. We're watching..

And sorry if I'm too unintelligible, again
tomcat

Postby Doctor Robo » June 29th, 2011, 7:38 pm

tomcat wrote:Hehe, I am sorry. I think my english is not as good as I thought. It's not exactly what I meant, but nevermind. We know, of course, you're just human beings who need to eat, live, and when Nature allows, even sleep a little. Although I am not sure with you personally as, although you're good writer, your forum replies look like cloned by computer. On the other hand it wouldn't be bad to program a bot to maintain...umm.. us, while you are tending to more imortant matters... XD
Keep on. We're watching..

And sorry if I'm too unintelligible, again

No need to apologize, Tomcat. I appreciate the comments!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby TheAngelicOne » June 30th, 2011, 9:23 am

Sort of unrelated, but do you know when To Love and Obey's next issue will be out? Its my fav ongoing one atm, and I usually renew my sub when an issue of that is due/added, so just curious. ^^;
TheAngelicOne

Postby Trishbot » June 30th, 2011, 2:22 pm

Expect a new "To Love & Obey" within the next few weeks. Sorry for making you wait, but it's definitely on the front-burner and should be getting much hotter soon. I guarantee it will be worth the wait.
Trishbot

Return to MCcomix Questions and Answers