Kari's Adventures

Discuss "Rixo City" and other stories with MCtek!

Re: Kari's Adventures

Postby Hector2 » July 15th, 2011, 11:54 pm

Dear McTek:

I must say that your work is really going better and better. This last issue was my favorite: I think everything was perfect: characterization, drawing, storytelling, all awesome!

Do you remember that in “The resort tales” I commented you about composition and perspective? I think you have improved all those things: When I saw your drawings, I couldn’t notice… how could I say it? blank spaces? Spaces without purpose? Well, maybe at page 3, 24 and 28, but your use of the backgrounds really improve the composition.

It’s important for me to say this, because I remarked the problems in your last work, and in this work is definitely attending those things.

And about your final issue: It was fantastic:

First of all, the “uniforms” Northern gave to her female Nemesis, they were great! And even color coded!

Then, the implication that Bronk didn’t know what to do with Megan. Maybe he didn’t believe he would get the work done?

It’s difficult to be as slimy as Max Indeks, but Northern sure tries to do it.

Page 6 is incredibly well done, the transition between Valiant Girl in charge of the situation and the Zap! Special effect. Boy, poor Valiant Girl really is addicted to Mind Control, not because any fault of her, but because her popularity with the fans!

Pages 7 to 9 have a personal fetish: The scene when the superheroine comes to the supervillain lair or the crime scene and cautiously explores the surroundings, aware that this is probably a trap that will spring soon. Kari’s uniform rules!

The scenes with Bronk being defeated were great, and so the scenes from page 17 to 19, but the best part was page 20 and the strange collateral power Kari has. Man, that is another of my favorite fetishes, the only villainess with that power was Medusa, an Uroboros villaines published at Hip Comix.

I think it was cool to left Northern defeat out of the picture. Show it doesn’t add much to the narrative, the guy is a jerk and would be defeated sooner or later.

However, I loved page 25 an 26, Kristen trapped in her kinetic stasis and Tina obviously enjoying that. Cool indeed!

But the most intriguing was the three last pages. Once again, Is Ringmistress really capable of overpowering someone by herself? Does she have superforce now? Even when I really don’t like her personality, I must recognize she is the only villain who has really succeeded in trapping a super heroine until now.

In conclusion: I loved this issue and I think is your best work, I’m anxious to see the next.

PD: Who is your artist? Please tell him the same

Hector2
Hector2

Postby mctek » July 16th, 2011, 11:04 am

Hey gang!

Thanks Hector2, still working on improving my story, as most people know i started out as a freeze/timestop writer before coming here to MCcomix, so just a bit out of my element. Thanks to Doc and Fin for letting me goof around in Metrobay, while i find my footing.

I'm also the artist for this comic along with New guard and New Drone, which Northern Chill writes while i try to figure what he wants out of the scene :P

Thanks for the comments, been working on the composition and perspective as much as I can, so with each outing, I get better and better at this.

Yeah, not many can be Max, but a few can come close, I do believe Greg Northern will show up elsewhere.

The Ring mistress is actually no stronger then your avg woman, her suit proves her with means of protection from those with low end powers i.e. Pink pussycat, Emerald Tiger and such, the stronger the heroine, the less chance you'll see Terra willing to get her hands dirty. Since Marina is just a normal woman, defeating her was simple. what happens to her is up to you guys :D

thanks again for reading!

MCtek~
mctek

Postby Doctor Robo » July 16th, 2011, 7:02 pm

mctek wrote:Thanks to Doc and Fin for letting me goof around in Metrobay, while i find my footing.

You're quite welcome. It is a pleasure to have you on the team!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » July 16th, 2011, 7:15 pm

steverogers5 wrote:So Valient Girl's a low ranking memeber of the Superheroine Squad? Is that because she's such a a magnet for mind control? Poor girl!

I think I can explain this. To us, the writers and readers, Valient Grrl seems like one of the most senior members of the Squad mostly because she has been involved in these comix almost literally from the start. But in the Metrobay universe timeline she is still just a young heroine, and still needs a ton of experience to catch up to seasoned pros like Ms. Metrobay, Omega Woman, Alpha Woman, or Brown Sugar. On an experience scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being a legend like Ms. Metrobay and 1 being a cadet like Crissy Tanner, Valient Grrl is really only about a 3, maybe a 4. She certainly isn't a rookie, but she has a long way to go to achieve what we would call 'veteran' status.

I hope that helps. Thanks for the question!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Northern Chill » July 17th, 2011, 10:33 am

One thing I would add about VG's "status" is to keep in mind that this arc took place in the past (one year, to be precise). As seen in other Metrobay story arcs, a lot can happen in twelve months including VG ascending a little in Squad status.
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

"What does this story need?...more Franbot!!!"
Northern Chill

Postby Tecknophyle » July 17th, 2011, 6:29 pm

Northern Chill wrote:One thing I would add about VG's "status" is to keep in mind that this arc took place in the past (one year, to be precise). As seen in other Metrobay story arcs, a lot can happen in twelve months including VG ascending a little in Squad status.

In my (always subject to change, completely unofficial and very much always a work in progress) Metrobay chronology I've got this story taking place immediately after Twisted Tales 2, pretty much the earliest it can be.
Tecknophyle

Postby Doctor Robo » July 17th, 2011, 9:17 pm

Tecknophyle wrote:In my (always subject to change, completely unofficial and very much always a work in progress) Metrobay chronology I've got this story taking place immediately after Twisted Tales 2, pretty much the earliest it can be.

Good point. Thanks for the reminder.

We really need to get that timeline officially posted somewhere!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Tecknophyle » July 17th, 2011, 9:58 pm

Doctor Robo wrote:
Tecknophyle wrote:In my (always subject to change, completely unofficial and very much always a work in progress) Metrobay chronology I've got this story taking place immediately after Twisted Tales 2, pretty much the earliest it can be.

Good point. Thanks for the reminder.

We really need to get that timeline officially posted somewhere!

- Doc

It actually wasn't in the file I sent to you: I didn't have it included because, until chapter 3, there really wasn't anything to place it until the reference to Ted Twiss and Valiant Grrl's appearance..
Tecknophyle

Postby mctek » July 17th, 2011, 10:05 pm

:P actually i put this after night of the drone and before Mind over Magic. As Resort happens after that event.

So it would be

twisted tales 2
Night of Drone
Teacher's Pet
Hypnotica
PE
Mind over Magic
Resort

in that order :D

MCtek~
mctek

Postby Tecknophyle » July 18th, 2011, 8:13 am

mctek wrote::P actually i put this after night of the drone and before Mind over Magic. As Resort happens after that event.

So it would be

twisted tales 2
Night of Drone
Teacher's Pet
Hypnotica
PE
Mind over Magic
Resort

in that order :D

MCtek~

Okay, see where the confusion is: I lumped the whole 2nd Sentius arc as "Twisted Tales 2", so it included "Night of the Drones". So there's no difference there.
Tecknophyle

Postby Doctor Robo » July 18th, 2011, 1:08 pm

Tecknophyle wrote:Okay, see where the confusion is: I lumped the whole 2nd Sentius arc as "Twisted Tales 2", so it included "Night of the Drones". So there's no difference there.

For even more clarification, the official title of the entire Sentius sequel arc is technically "Superheroine Squad", though within the Metrobay universe the characters will informally refer to the event as the "Night of the Drones". Either way, "Twisted Tales 2" isn't a title that I would use regularly.

I hope that helps clear things up.

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Tecknophyle » July 18th, 2011, 3:15 pm

Doctor Robo wrote:
Tecknophyle wrote:Okay, see where the confusion is: I lumped the whole 2nd Sentius arc as "Twisted Tales 2", so it included "Night of the Drones". So there's no difference there.

For even more clarification, the official title of the entire Sentius sequel arc is technically "Superheroine Squad", though within the Metrobay universe the characters will informally refer to the event as the "Night of the Drones". Either way, "Twisted Tales 2" isn't a title that I would use regularly.

I hope that helps clear things up.

- Doc

Well, even more technically speaking, it's Twisted Tales (consisting of A Rookie Mistake, Mind Games, Carnal Knowledge, Mission Control, Project Metropolis, and Hostile Takeover), followed by Superheroine Squad (consisting of Twisted Tales II, Operation Resurrection, Robotica Erotica, and Night of the Drones), with the concurrent Hot Summers' Night flashback in there.

I just made changes to the file to correct all that.

Hmm. Got some more changes to make in there, now that I think about it.
Tecknophyle

Postby Tecknophyle » July 18th, 2011, 3:44 pm

...aaand just finished making the changes.

When you look at the timeline, it all fits together remarkably well with one, big, glaring exception, and that's the Valaya/Valiant Woman. There are two alternate versions of her history: she's either found in 1946 and kept on ice for some time by ROPE until close to the "present" where she's used as a test subject and surrogate mother for Valiant Grrl (as per Isle of Ick and Hypnotica), or she's found in 1946, released, and starts superheroing (as per Original Sin), which also creates a continuity snarl with von Ick due to those same two origins.

There is a way of dealing with it...
Tecknophyle

Postby Doctor Robo » July 18th, 2011, 7:30 pm

Tecknophyle wrote:...aaand just finished making the changes.

When you look at the timeline, it all fits together remarkably well with one, big, glaring exception, and that's the Valaya/Valiant Woman. There are two alternate versions of her history: she's either found in 1946 and kept on ice for some time by ROPE until close to the "present" where she's used as a test subject and surrogate mother for Valiant Grrl (as per Isle of Ick and Hypnotica), or she's found in 1946, released, and starts superheroing (as per Original Sin), which also creates a continuity snarl with von Ick due to those same two origins.

There is a way of dealing with it...

Well, don't keep us in suspense... ;)
Doctor Robo

Postby Tecknophyle » July 18th, 2011, 8:00 pm

Doctor Robo wrote:Well, don't keep us in suspense... ;)

Well, if one insists. I just went through the dialogue of some scenes in question and found that I read one sentence wrong, so there actually isn't a conflict any more, especially if I move one story: by moving Agents of Desire: Isle of Ick to after the Sentius arcs (explaining why she wasn't present because she'd just been freed then), then it all works out.
Tecknophyle

PreviousNext

Return to MCtek