Need feedback on a possible future story arc...

Discuss "Rixo City" and other stories with MCtek!

Re: Need feedback on a possible future story arc...

Postby Northern Chill » February 18th, 2011, 9:37 pm

dumbtime wrote:So you're thinking of doing something like what the tv show Fringe is doing right now with its alternate universe. (If you guys watch that show)

A parallel type universe?...yes, but as I said, its more than tinkering with histories. Characters you're used to seeing being good and heroic may be the exact opposite and the same applies to people from ROPE. Anything is possible with any character...and yes, still have the mnd control/steamy scenes that are popular here.
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

"What does this story need?...more Franbot!!!"
Northern Chill

Postby Hector2 » February 19th, 2011, 12:11 am

I think this idea will be cool for the next reasons:

What happens if you love a villaines even more than the heroines? I personally would love to see Babydoll, Deelisha and Madam Minx as heroines and getting in trouble. Their customes are so awesome and I think they would look great in bondage.

Also, we can see some deserved comeuppance against some vile villains. My favorite would be Science heroine Bellinda Giolla being sexually tortured by months by dastardly villainess Sparrow while Giolla's heroic husband Dr. Twist and her new fabricated sideckick, Mechy, trash supervillains lair to get them.

Or cyberpunk, or a western, or ninjas. I would vote for ninja samurai maids. The possibilities are infinty.

I hope to hear something about this post, thanks

Hector
Hector2

Postby Sierra008 » February 19th, 2011, 11:19 am

Hey Northernchill, this idea as a great deal of potential. Hereo's could still be hero's but for different reasons, or they could be completely mad with power and lust for control. This goes beyond a Bizaero world or anykind of negative universe. Characters like Chrissy could have embraced their powers and would not have been exposed to the mind control properties that eventually caused her to betray her friends and coworkers. Maybe you could have Pink Pussycat leading the forces of R.O.P.E. after going through a life altering experiance maybe? Maybe Dr. Twiss could be a force of good to counter Bilinda's forces of evil. I personaly would like to see Blackout come into her own and be a major character while Ms. Metrobay could be the upstart rookie that has visions of being the mind controled Robogirl. Just a few ideas I had after reading all of this, they sound like they might be some of what you are looking for. Good luck with this story and if I have any other ideas I will post them here.
Sierra008

Postby Northern Chill » February 19th, 2011, 11:24 am

Hector2 wrote:I think this idea will be cool for the next reasons:

What happens if you love a villaines even more than the heroines? I personally would love to see Babydoll, Deelisha and Madam Minx as heroines and getting in trouble. Their customes are so awesome and I think they would look great in bondage.

Also, we can see some deserved comeuppance against some vile villains. My favorite would be Science heroine Bellinda Giolla being sexually tortured by months by dastardly villainess Sparrow while Giolla's heroic husband Dr. Twist and her new fabricated sideckick, Mechy, trash supervillains lair to get them.

Or cyberpunk, or a western, or ninjas. I would vote for ninja samurai maids. The possibilities are infinty.

I hope to hear something about this post, thanks

Hector

Anything is certainly possible in this type of scenario though one thing I will say up front is that not everybody will be turned into a mirror type image of the current version. Some characters will be tweaked more for attitude than the good/evil part..others, otoh, will have a whole different on Metrobay than what they currently have in the mainstream Metrobay.

To illustrate the latter point, picture the backstory of Metrobay and characters as a giant pond of water. With every story Finister, Doctor Robo and others have done, a stone is tossed across and causes ripples that changes characters. Now, in the story arc I'm fermenting, those stones may get tossed in different directions or may not happen.

Some of the characters you mentioned may well be more prominent in this alternate arc...maybe in different costumes/looks, to boot.

Any of the the scenarios you mentioned could happen though mind control is the focus here, of course. That said, once things get rolling, who knows....Finister could certainly do a bondage themed alternate Metrobay over at HiP some day in the future if he wants to. Anything could happen...

Now, with all this, I do have to caution that this story is a ways off before starting...with the number of characters in Metrobay and such to look over, there'll be a fair bit of discussions done behind the scenes. Once it does get rolling, I hope its entertaining..:)
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

Northern Chill

Postby TheAngelicOne » February 19th, 2011, 2:36 pm

Definitely sounds interesting. Would be interested to see how say, Pink Pussycat would be in this alternative world, like maybe a different feline related supervillianess or even a different animal based villianess, haha.

Maybe for the heroines and characters you don't use, perhaps have a folder of single solo pics showing and detailing their alternative selves, haha. XD
TheAngelicOne

Postby sohta123 » February 19th, 2011, 10:48 pm

I think this is a great idea. Especially for one reason - all the characters in this alternate reality are disposable! You could do things you couldn't do in the current universe as you'd have to create new characters. With this you would be able to do some of the requests that folks have been asking for that are final in nature.
Examples.
Some forms of mind control are permanent. No going back. Once the person is converted that's it, end of story (which is hot but ends the character so-to-speak).

Characters we've wanted to see as villains in the most pure sense of the word could now be done. You've mentioned this but to take it a bit further, in the current universe heroines that go to the dark side many times aren't that evil or corrupt because it would ruin their character once they turn back. With this they could be unrestrained. As a point in this I think it would help the story if you might kill off one or two characters by one of their alternate friends so show how deep they are in.
Additionally for future additions you could make it a multi-verse with many possibilities (but that kinda gets to be too much sometimes). Maybe a limited number though (current universe, alternate one you're planning, one totally evil, and one totally good -but still with issues).

If the others buy into it I think for cross-over purposes it might be cool to have Silver Satin as one of the main villains and her current version somehow get 'infected' by the dopelganger. I think most of us have wanted to see a cut-loose SS since her conversion in the PE series.

Maybe Chrome (Blackout)'s black-hole type abilities coupled with something else create the temporal anomaly that hurls the victims into the other reality. It'd be neat to see Chrissy's reaction in the other world to her Chrome version.
Solaris as a leader of ROPE would be an interesting mix up. And since the current ROPE is largely men maybe the alternate could be the HER organization in control.
To me there should be at least on of the group that carry over that is good in both worlds. And who says only the heroines go across. Maybe a villain or two goes to and finds opportunity. And nothing says that everyone that has to come back or at least be the same coming back.

So many ideas on this...
sohta123

Postby Northern Chill » February 20th, 2011, 11:30 am

sohta123 wrote:I think this is a great idea. Especially for one reason - all the characters in this alternate reality are disposable! You could do things you couldn't do in the current universe as you'd have to create new characters. With this you would be able to do some of the requests that folks have been asking for that are final in nature.
Examples.
Some forms of mind control are permanent. No going back. Once the person is converted that's it, end of story (which is hot but ends the character so-to-speak).

Characters we've wanted to see as villains in the most pure sense of the word could now be done. You've mentioned this but to take it a bit further, in the current universe heroines that go to the dark side many times aren't that evil or corrupt because it would ruin their character once they turn back. With this they could be unrestrained. As a point in this I think it would help the story if you might kill off one or two characters by one of their alternate friends so show how deep they are in.
Additionally for future additions you could make it a multi-verse with many possibilities (but that kinda gets to be too much sometimes). Maybe a limited number though (current universe, alternate one you're planning, one totally evil, and one totally good -but still with issues).

If the others buy into it I think for cross-over purposes it might be cool to have Silver Satin as one of the main villains and her current version somehow get 'infected' by the dopelganger. I think most of us have wanted to see a cut-loose SS since her conversion in the PE series.

Maybe Chrome (Blackout)'s black-hole type abilities coupled with something else create the temporal anomaly that hurls the victims into the other reality. It'd be neat to see Chrissy's reaction in the other world to her Chrome version.
Solaris as a leader of ROPE would be an interesting mix up. And since the current ROPE is largely men maybe the alternate could be the HER organization in control.
To me there should be at least on of the group that carry over that is good in both worlds. And who says only the heroines go across. Maybe a villain or two goes to and finds opportunity. And nothing says that everyone that has to come back or at least be the same coming back.

So many ideas on this...

I'm not sure a crossover (where a number of characters switch place or encounter their doppleganger) would be the first thing I'd do with this idea. I'd like to establish some of the nuances and differences of an alternate Metrobay first before Crissy meets Chrome or something like that.

As for the mind control aspects, anything could be possible in the alternate reality...there could be characters you've seen for years in the mainstream version that have been obedient drones or mind controlled thralls in the alternate version for the same time. On the other side of that thought, some may not exist at all for reasons that are only hinted at.

If this idea does come to fruition, I am leaning towards a heroine and a villainous counterpart making the journey. Regardless who they are, there hopefully WILL be changes to their character before they return on some level.

Northern Chill

Postby Sierra008 » February 21st, 2011, 11:29 am

You know Ginger would be an awesome leader of the female version of R.O.P.E. or even the head of the Superheroine Squad itself. Just an idea.
Sierra008

Postby PsiLance » February 22nd, 2011, 6:40 am

It may seem a little boring at first, though still have potential, but what if Metrobay was just a normal place? No one gained powers. Draven never enslaved Atlantis and never merged with the Ophidian. The meteors never crashed (or at least were never found). And no enhancements in Hooter County. So no R.O.P.E.. No mind control. No clones. A.P.E.X. Labs is...normal. Again, a bit boring. Some people may have superpowers and nothing says there aren't superheroes in the world.

So, let's say this very boring Metrobay gets a visit from the 'normal' Metrobay when an A.P.E.X. scientist gets knocked through the dimensional barrier and arrives in a place where his knowledge can make him or her the power that controls Metrobay. This scientist would also know which minds, if they were around, might have the potential for aiding in that goal. Of course, the scientist would not included Max Indeks who, if he had any power had it taken away, is the 'resistance'. Resistance ax could even be the one who comes to the Superheroine Squad for help.
PsiLance

Postby sohta123 » February 22nd, 2011, 7:24 pm

PsiLance wrote:It may seem a little boring at first, though still have potential, but what if Metrobay was just a normal place? No one gained powers. Draven never enslaved Atlantis and never merged with the Ophidian. The meteors never crashed (or at least were never found). And no enhancements in Hooter County. So no R.O.P.E.. No mind control. No clones. A.P.E.X. Labs is...normal. Again, a bit boring. Some people may have superpowers and nothing says there aren't superheroes in the world.

So, let's say this very boring Metrobay gets a visit from the 'normal' Metrobay when an A.P.E.X. scientist gets knocked through the dimensional barrier and arrives in a place where his knowledge can make him or her the power that controls Metrobay. This scientist would also know which minds, if they were around, might have the potential for aiding in that goal. Of course, the scientist would not included Max Indeks who, if he had any power had it taken away, is the 'resistance'. Resistance ax could even be the one who comes to the Superheroine Squad for help.

Cool ideas!
I like both scenarios. One world with no powers like you mention and the other with the characters mixed up.
I think another cool world would be one in which the villains rule in uttermost totality. All citizens are enslaved in one way or another. It would make hiding in plain sight somewhat awkward. Even better if the mix is there. Imagine the outsiders having to pretend they are either a ruler or a slave (and the risks of each).
sohta123

Previous

Return to MCtek