New Guard: The Naughty Nurses Saga

Discuss "Rixo City" and other stories with MCtek!

Re: New Guard: The Naughty Nurses Saga

Postby Hector2 » July 20th, 2011, 6:07 pm

Hi MCtek!

About Issue 6:

First of all, I tought Prisma was captured the last issue, but checking issue 5, I see that was not the case.

There is a lot, really a lot, to discuss here: The crossover with Metrobay, the visit to the clinic of “Rick” and “Max”, two of the slimiest villains in Metrobay (Max, how I hate his guts) and the first sign of a superheroine who could save the others… just because she is the naïve newcomer.

And what on earth were they thinking letting a brainwashed norse goddess as the recepcionist?

But that’s not the best part, the best part, definitely, is the character design of Toxaris, Redback, Bombshell, Mystic Onix an Lexa. They were so cool, so beautiful in their heroines outfits, it’s a shame we won’t see them in those anymore, because they will be wearing a nurse uniform.

In the last issues, I tought the pacing was a little slow, because it was just:

1. Meet the heroine(s) of the issue.
2. She / They are preoccupied with the sudden disappearance of others heroines.
3. Suddenly, they are attacked by one or various of those very heroines they were thinking about.
4. Mind Changer presents himself and takes over with a suave charm.
5. Heroine(s) in hospital working as nurses.

And so, I wanted you to capture all and see what happens next.

But here I realize that his mere character design is interesting. I want to know more about them and their personalities. Is Toxaris like a female Green Arrow, or Lexa a female Captain America? And Bombshell! Could we see a flashback of them in action?

Well, I know your work is already written and draw, but it’s just a suggestion.

The bottom line: I really loved this issue and those heroines are cool.

Keep up the good job

Hector.
Hector2

Postby Northern Chill » July 20th, 2011, 7:23 pm

Hector2 wrote:Hi MCtek!

About Issue 6:

First of all, I tought Prisma was captured the last issue, but checking issue 5, I see that was not the case.

There is a lot, really a lot, to discuss here: The crossover with Metrobay, the visit to the clinic of “Rick” and “Max”, two of the slimiest villains in Metrobay (Max, how I hate his guts) and the first sign of a superheroine who could save the others… just because she is the naïve newcomer.

And what on earth were they thinking letting a brainwashed norse goddess as the recepcionist?

But that’s not the best part, the best part, definitely, is the character design of Toxaris, Redback, Bombshell, Mystic Onix an Lexa. They were so cool, so beautiful in their heroines outfits, it’s a shame we won’t see them in those anymore, because they will be wearing a nurse uniform.

In the last issues, I tought the pacing was a little slow, because it was just:

1. Meet the heroine(s) of the issue.
2. She / They are preoccupied with the sudden disappearance of others heroines.
3. Suddenly, they are attacked by one or various of those very heroines they were thinking about.
4. Mind Changer presents himself and takes over with a suave charm.
5. Heroine(s) in hospital working as nurses.

And so, I wanted you to capture all and see what happens next.

But here I realize that his mere character design is interesting. I want to know more about them and their personalities. Is Toxaris like a female Green Arrow, or Lexa a female Captain America? And Bombshell! Could we see a flashback of them in action?

Well, I know your work is already written and draw, but it’s just a suggestion.

The bottom line: I really loved this issue and those heroines are cool.

Keep up the good job

Hector.

Hi Hector,

Glad you're enjoying things to date. To go over your questions/points of interest:

1) Battle Maiden's placement as a night time receptionist in an isolated part of the hospital was the best Mind Changer could come up with when he first captured and enslaved the silver haired beauty. Given that it's not a "real" hospital per se, the villain figured there'd be less chance of her being seen by anybody who might recognize her.

2) The pacing for the last few issues was something I wrestled with. When introducing a large number of heroines that compose New Guard, not to mention supporting characters and villains, it requires a bit of a balancing act for all the elements and a decision on the pacing.

3) I can't promise more flashbacks at this point but I will say this: this story still has a ways to go and take nothing for granted from what you've read so far,

4) Glad you liked the looks of the heroines introed. MCTek did a phenomenal job designing the look and deserves all the praise.

Thanks for the feedback and hope you enjoy what lies ahead...:)

Northern Chill
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

"What does this story need?...more Franbot!!!"
Northern Chill

Postby steverogers5 » July 24th, 2011, 4:59 am

Loved this chapter. Especially since I'm a big fan of super-heroines being betrayed by their mind controlled former friends and allies. That's always hot to read! :twisted: :D
And I also loved seeing them helplessly strapped into mind control chairs, as that's one of my favourite types of mind control. 8-) So top marks from me for this chapter! Keep up the great work!
steverogers5

Postby Northern Chill » July 27th, 2011, 9:09 pm

steverogers5 wrote:Loved this chapter. Especially since I'm a big fan of super-heroines being betrayed by their mind controlled former friends and allies. That's always hot to read! :twisted: :D
And I also loved seeing them helplessly strapped into mind control chairs, as that's one of my favourite types of mind control. 8-) So top marks from me for this chapter! Keep up the great work!

Glad to see you're enjoying things, Steve Rogers. Lots of fun still to come in this arc!
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

Northern Chill

Postby nitpicker » July 30th, 2011, 6:14 am

I felt the last story rushed things a bit. After the first few issues had a slow build up with elaborate means to capture a few of the heroines, this last issue had no less than 5 heroines fall into the clutches of Mindchanger. Probably in the minority here but the anticipation and build up are as interesting to me as the capture. I assume the storyline needed to be accelerated a bit but it would have been nice to see some of the New Guard use their powers. Please note that for whatever criticism I have, I am still enjoying this story immensely.

Keep up the good work.
nitpicker

Postby Graham » July 30th, 2011, 8:30 am

nitpicker wrote:I felt the last story rushed things a bit. After the first few issues had a slow build up with elaborate means to capture a few of the heroines, this last issue had no less than 5 heroines fall into the clutches of Mindchanger. Probably in the minority here but the anticipation and build up are as interesting to me as the capture. I assume the storyline needed to be accelerated a bit but it would have been nice to see some of the New Guard use their powers.
Quite. It's not just seeing them in action, either. I also quite enjoy the contrast between past and present. Such as Contact and Silver Swallow--from loving couple to coworkers in passing, dedicated to pleasing others. Or Battlemaiden's shift to from warrior goddess to wanton pacifist. Even poor TB-01's transformation to inanimate trophy. We get some idea of who these heroines were, as heroines and people.

But with the later captives, not so much.
Graham

Postby Northern Chill » July 30th, 2011, 10:22 am

Graham and Nitpicker, I understand what you're saying and believe me, this was one part I agonized over a lot when writing. When I sat down with MCTek, we talked at length over a number of things and this chapter provoked a lengthy discussion. I wish we could have given each and every character an equal amount of characterization and healthy fleshing out but a number of factors came into play.

In the long run, I hope you'll see this will all pay off in the end.

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby Hector2 » July 30th, 2011, 9:13 pm

Hi NorthernChill and MCtek:

Well NortherChill, this was bound to happen sometime in your project: You’re not only telling a normal story, you’re creating a whole new universe (Roxio City) with more than a dozen heroines. Of course some characters will be overshadowed, but you can always revisit them later.

I humbly suggest this: tell your tale as you already conceived it with MCtek, but you can begin a pool about what characters the readers want to see again (my votes are for Toxaris, Bombshell, Lexa and Battle Maiden). Or better yet, you could make a “Roxio City Enciclopaedia”.

But of course, it’s up to you.

Thank you for this great tale.

Hector2
Hector2

Postby Graham » July 31st, 2011, 12:50 am

Hector2 wrote:I humbly suggest this: tell your tale as you already conceived it with MCtek, but you can begin a pool about what characters the readers want to see again (my votes are for Toxaris, Bombshell, Lexa and Battle Maiden). Or better yet, you could make a “Roxio City Enciclopaedia”.
Suggestion: Seconded!

Perhaps character introductions here on the board?
Graham

Postby Northern Chill » July 31st, 2011, 8:46 am

Without going into too much depth, there is something in the works that will satisfy both of you hopefully. As for who appears after this arc, that is already under consideration (MCTEk is lobbying for his favs..he's a big Contact fan) but I encourage any and all suggestions in this discussion.

Northern Chill

Postby dumbtime » July 31st, 2011, 11:49 am

I would have loved seeing a little banter between the villain and the two heroes strapped into the chairs just before the face plates dropped and converted them. I get a kick out of what they say when they are helpless and doomed.

Other than that, I see all that happened in this issue as what needed to be done. You have established the existing mission of capture and now you have to move through to the where the arc hits it's height. The other captures are just a quick glimpse so you can see that they, indeed, were captured. It is courteous to the reader to see that it is happening but Tek and Chill didn't need to do it for the story.
dumbtime

Postby kakyo001 » August 16th, 2011, 12:44 pm

the progress of the story is quite nice, but I'm not a big fan of permanent mind control... a permanent enslaved heroine can't be put under mind control again :P

with that said, I hope they will get freed somehow at the end of the story (or in a sequel :D )
kakyo001

Postby Northern Chill » August 16th, 2011, 3:25 pm

kakyo001 wrote:the progress of the story is quite nice, but I'm not a big fan of permanent mind control... a permanent enslaved heroine can't be put under mind control again :P

with that said, I hope they will get freed somehow at the end of the story (or in a sequel :D )

Glad you've enjoyed the story to date. I won't tip my hand too much as to what is planned for the chapters and stories ahead but I think you'll be quite happy with what you read.

Northern Chill

Postby Hector2 » September 10th, 2011, 7:54 pm

Dear MCtek:

The cover of Issue # 7 is great!

Is that nurse lexa figthing Bombshell? I cannot say for sure. However, this is a break from the narrative of the last issues!

I can guess there will be an exciting tale in the next issue and I can't wait to see it!

Hector 2
Hector2

Postby Northern Chill » September 12th, 2011, 6:02 pm

Hector2 wrote:Dear MCtek:

The cover of Issue # 7 is great!

Is that nurse lexa figthing Bombshell? I cannot say for sure. However, this is a break from the narrative of the last issues!

I can guess there will be an exciting tale in the next issue and I can't wait to see it!

Hector 2

Hi Hector,

Yeah, Tek did a great job with the cover. I suggested an action themed cover and he came up with a really good effort as a result.

I can't say for certain when the next issue is but as you may have surmised, the temperature is rising in this story, so to speak.

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

PreviousNext

Return to MCtek