New Guard: The Naughty Nurses Saga

Discuss "Rixo City" and other stories with MCtek!

Re: New Guard: The Naughty Nurses Saga

Postby Tecknophyle » December 20th, 2011, 11:00 pm

Northern Chill wrote:
As for Blaze Bunny, the exact year has yet to be revealed but keep in mind that Mind Changer could have learned of the heroine's exploits through news clippings his parents collected (a somewhat common practice before the days of the internet). Beyond that, I imagine the details will be spelled out someday in either a story here or at the Metrobay wiki.

Northern Chill

Or he could have read a book. People do write those things about celebrities and famous people.
Tecknophyle

Postby Hector2 » January 8th, 2012, 11:12 pm

Hi there McTek!

Given the nature of this site, the action adventures cliches take a seat while the mind control and kinky torture devices chew the scenery. But that rule is broken with your tale, where we can see how the adventure progress in certainly imaginative ways.
The story begins with our two old villains, Gravity Lord and Cybermaster, lamenting that their efforts were in vain. Now you’re showing us the real consequences of all the New Guard’s vanishment. Without heroines guarding the city, the villains are free to reign. That also means that there is a lot less money to guard after a time. And now, those who can afford it will contract private security. It´s not looking good for the villains to alter the status quo!

But certainly looks well for Quartermain! He is getting a lot of money by selling not state of the art security robots. They even want to unionize! That would be an interesting development for all the robot lovers (What would Dr. Robo think of this?) !

The best part is that everything (as those villains are concerned) is Mind Changer´s fault! And if we think that Mind Changer’s most treasured skill was his planning, we think they would have a point. It seems that Mind Changer is too clever by half and did not very well his planning after all.

Is one of the nurses with Chantal the archer Toxaris at pages 6 - 8? I would love to seem more of her in her archer uniform! The problem about the change of art from 2D to 3D is that I cannot recognize very well who is each heroine (hence the custome, that helps a lot) but is OK with me because I don’t want to sound like I don’t appreciate this comic.

But the best of this tale is Mind Changer himself: The guy who appeared as a master planner and very intelligent villain in all those past issues is showing cracks on his armor: since his clever plan was being shot down by his backer (and really, any employer must feel very angry when his own employees give ideas to benefit not himself but themselves) he only wants to forget with a lot of sex, but reality comes to pay a visit!

I don’t know what happened, if some super heroines broke the mind control or if Gravity Lord and Cybermaster come to the hospital, but sure thing is funny to see the man who prided himself with his cunning planning being caught in his own success: he has managed to piss the villains who now had to fight robots, he is bored because he has trapped all the heroines and his boss doesn’t want to expand business, and just now he realizes that maybe his insurance has not being paid.

Good work!

Hector.

PD: Maybe there is a book or even old reports and movies about Blaze Bunny, but I think now that she has come to life again (mmm, strange methaphor) that would be a media sensation, don't you think?
Hector2

Postby Northern Chill » January 10th, 2012, 3:51 pm

Hector2 wrote:Hi there McTek!

Given the nature of this site, the action adventures cliches take a seat while the mind control and kinky torture devices chew the scenery. But that rule is broken with your tale, where we can see how the adventure progress in certainly imaginative ways.
The story begins with our two old villains, Gravity Lord and Cybermaster, lamenting that their efforts were in vain. Now you’re showing us the real consequences of all the New Guard’s vanishment. Without heroines guarding the city, the villains are free to reign. That also means that there is a lot less money to guard after a time. And now, those who can afford it will contract private security. It´s not looking good for the villains to alter the status quo!

But certainly looks well for Quartermain! He is getting a lot of money by selling not state of the art security robots. They even want to unionize! That would be an interesting development for all the robot lovers (What would Dr. Robo think of this?) !

The best part is that everything (as those villains are concerned) is Mind Changer´s fault! And if we think that Mind Changer’s most treasured skill was his planning, we think they would have a point. It seems that Mind Changer is too clever by half and did not very well his planning after all.

Is one of the nurses with Chantal the archer Toxaris at pages 6 - 8? I would love to seem more of her in her archer uniform! The problem about the change of art from 2D to 3D is that I cannot recognize very well who is each heroine (hence the custome, that helps a lot) but is OK with me because I don’t want to sound like I don’t appreciate this comic.

But the best of this tale is Mind Changer himself: The guy who appeared as a master planner and very intelligent villain in all those past issues is showing cracks on his armor: since his clever plan was being shot down by his backer (and really, any employer must feel very angry when his own employees give ideas to benefit not himself but themselves) he only wants to forget with a lot of sex, but reality comes to pay a visit!

I don’t know what happened, if some super heroines broke the mind control or if Gravity Lord and Cybermaster come to the hospital, but sure thing is funny to see the man who prided himself with his cunning planning being caught in his own success: he has managed to piss the villains who now had to fight robots, he is bored because he has trapped all the heroines and his boss doesn’t want to expand business, and just now he realizes that maybe his insurance has not being paid.

Good work!

Hector.

PD: Maybe there is a book or even old reports and movies about Blaze Bunny, but I think now that she has come to life again (mmm, strange methaphor) that would be a media sensation, don't you think?

Without answering your questions directly, Hector, I can say with some certainity that you'll find the next chapter will answer many of your inquiries and then some. (A hint - it'll be a chapter methinks you're going to enjoy and more).

As for Blaze Bunny, I have a story in mind that will feature her in the future at some point. When and where remains to be seen (I liken her to a heroine featured in an indy comic named Yankee Girl - similiar background and sexy look).

Thanks for the feedback as always!!

Northern Chill
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

"What does this story need?...more Franbot!!!"
Northern Chill

Postby nitpicker » January 10th, 2012, 9:28 pm

Definitely looking forward to the next update. The last few updates seem to have a lot of red herrings. When is the next update?
nitpicker

Postby Northern Chill » January 10th, 2012, 10:44 pm

nitpicker wrote:Definitely looking forward to the next update. The last few updates seem to have a lot of red herrings. When is the next update?

The next update should be Jan. 26, all things being equal. We were shooting for this week but the script calls for a great deal of extra work by Tek in this chapter and it was decided to delay and give him the time to do things right.

Glad you've enjoyed the story so far!

Northern Chill
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

Northern Chill

Postby steverogers5 » January 12th, 2012, 1:39 pm

Great work on this one. In particular, I loved the whole reinforcement sessions part. Good to see a villain trying to keep eventualities like that covered, and not getting too cocky. :mrgreen: But given the ending, has Mind Changer still bitten off more than he can chew? Can't wait to find out! :)
steverogers5

Postby Hector2 » January 17th, 2012, 11:05 pm

Hey McTek and NorthernChill!

Thanks for your answer! I am anxious to see next issue. I hope to see something more about Toxaris, Lexa and Bombshell!

Just one thing, did you remember that you answered both Graham and me when we asked for more information about the New Guard with this cryptic phrase?

Without going into too much depth, there is something in the works that will satisfy both of you hopefully.
Do you have any advances in that misterious development?

Thanks again!

Hector.
Hector2

Postby Northern Chill » January 18th, 2012, 10:36 am

Hector2 wrote:Hey McTek and NorthernChill!

Thanks for your answer! I am anxious to see next issue. I hope to see something more about Toxaris, Lexa and Bombshell!

Just one thing, did you remember that you answered both Graham and me when we asked for more information about the New Guard with this cryptic phrase?

Without going into too much depth, there is something in the works that will satisfy both of you hopefully.
Do you have any advances in that misterious development?

Thanks again!

Hector.

I can guarantee, Hector, that the next updates will satisfy what you are looking for.

As for the side project, it's about halfway finished. When the Naughty Nurses arc wraps up, MCTek will be devoting most of his time to the Chain Reaction story and I'll have more time to finish my little idea up to what I'm looking for.

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby Northern Chill » January 26th, 2012, 11:11 am

Hello, everyone!..today, chapter 11 of the New Guard: Naughty Nurses story debuts in the member's section here.

Mind Changer is a villain who uses his past experiences to plan for any contingency he could foresee. Hirelings trying to double cross him? Planned for it. A heroine snapping out of mind control? Ready for it. Mind Changer is content that nothing can go wrong...except a call from a subordinate that ended abruptly and with no explanation. Is this something the villain can't deal with and does the unexpected visit of a pair of familiar faces further derail Mind Changer's plans? Find out in an action packed chapter of this story!!

Members can find this update at http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=35048

Big kudos to MCTek for some great art in this chapter...he really did an outstanding job on sequences for this update and deserves a round of applause for this work!

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby steverogers5 » January 26th, 2012, 5:31 pm

Northern Chill wrote:Hello, everyone!..today, chapter 11 of the New Guard: Naughty Nurses story debuts in the member's section here.

Big kudos to MCTek for some great art in this chapter...he really did an outstanding job on sequences for this update and deserves a round of applause for this work!

Northern Chill

Indeed he does, the girls look especially lovely in this issue as they got to dish out some just deserts! I kinda like seeing that happen every once in a while, and I especially like the fact that the heroines in this particular tale were so well defined. Not just by way of some lovely costumes, but in in the way you were managing to find differing voices for the gals. That's something that a lot of today's comic book writers can't do, (even big names like Bendis..) so it was great to see you put so much effort into that. Upped the believability of the whole tale quite a bit.

Anyway thanks so much for this story Northern Chill and MCTek, I've been enjoying it tremendously. (But then I have a real weakness for seeing superheroines strapped into mind enslaving chairs LOL! :lol: ) Good twist too, as the situation had began to look so hopeless for the heroines that I genuinelly began to wonder if they'd actually come out on top in the end. But it looks like you found a way to do that, so kudos! (Not to say that I don't enjoy seeing some heroines ultimately end up permanently brainwashed. I actually like that very much, but I think it might have stretched beliavability for a villain to capture and keep hold of all of a town's superheroines..Though Mind Changer did come damn close didn't he? Love villains who turn heroines against each other! :twisted:)

Anyway, Keep up the great work! :)
steverogers5

Postby Northern Chill » January 28th, 2012, 10:30 am

steverogers5 wrote:
Northern Chill wrote:Hello, everyone!..today, chapter 11 of the New Guard: Naughty Nurses story debuts in the member's section here.

Northern Chill

Indeed he does, the girls look especially lovely in this issue as they got to dish out some just deserts! I kinda like seeing that happen every once in a while, and I especially like the fact that the heroines in this particular tale were so well defined. Not just by way of some lovely costumes, but in in the way you were managing to find differing voices for the gals. That's something that a lot of today's comic book writers can't do, (even big names like Bendis..) so it was great to see you put so much effort into that. Upped the believability of the whole tale quite a bit.

Anyway thanks so much for this story Northern Chill and MCTek, I've been enjoying it tremendously. (But then I have a real weakness for seeing superheroines strapped into mind enslaving chairs LOL! :lol: ) Good twist too, as the situation had began to look so hopeless for the heroines that I genuinelly began to wonder if they'd actually come out on top in the end. But it looks like you found a way to do that, so kudos! (Not to say that I don't enjoy seeing some heroines ultimately end up permanently brainwashed. I actually like that very much, but I think it might have stretched beliavability for a villain to capture and keep hold of all of a town's superheroines..Though Mind Changer did come damn close didn't he? Love villains who turn heroines against each other! :twisted:)

Anyway, Keep up the great work! :)

Thanks for the feedback! I must admit, this chapter caused me a little trepidation as I know its fairly heavy in heroine action/fighting and that's not usually seen in mc themed stuff.

As for the dialog, I always try and match the speech to the character's background. From my pov, not everybody talks the same way in a story..variation is always a good thing..hehe

One more chapter to go in this story that will wrap up some of the loose ends yet to be resolved. Thanks once again for the response and glad you've enjoyed the story to date!

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby Hector2 » February 10th, 2012, 12:19 am

Dear McTek and NorthenChill:

This tale is so awesome!

First of all, I find very funny that all of the heroines had the time to hear Prisma’s story about how they were saved. I realize it was less than a minute, but still it’s funny.

I think the part I liked the most was to see the characters. is Battle Maiden Thor’s female’s counterpart? She talks like a large ham, NOWWW!

And why Onyx didn’t make the spell covering the nude heroine’s bodies? Why I am asking that?

But I loved seeing the heroines in their uniforms, because at last I was capable of identifying them!

Also of interests:
1. Justice Doll is the third woman with that name in Roxio City.
2. Mindchanger has planned everything, even how to go to jail?
3. Is Gravity Lord an expy for Magneto (or Graviton), both from Marvel?
4. Is CyberMaster an expy for Brainac (DC) or Doctor Manhattan? (Watchmen)?}
5. Is Silver Swallow an expy for Black Canary (DC)?
6. Is Contact an expy from Supergirl (DC)?
7. Is Onyx the female counterpart of Doctor Strange (Marvel)?
8. Is Lexa the female counterpar of Captain America (Marvel)?
9. Is Justice Doll the female counterpart of Wolverine (Marvel) Bub?
10. Is Toxaris the female counterpart of Hawkeye (Marvel)?
11. Is Redback the female counterpart of Spiderman (Marvel)?

I hope I am not overanalyzing any of this, but the officer who arrested Mindchanger, does she has a name? What about T01, where is it? And Gloria, the girl with the mysteriously similar ring TM to the man behind Minchanger?

I am anxious to know who is the mysterious backer, but even more, if he is part of a mayor plan with your comics (Dark Pussycat, Body Image)?

Well, I only want to ask for more apparitions of Toxaris, she is my fav!

I will wait for the resolution in last issue! (Assuming there is one, of course) Thanks!

Hector
Hector2

Postby mctek » February 10th, 2012, 1:52 pm

Hey Hector! to answer questions :D

Also of interests:
1. Justice Doll is the third woman with that name in Roxio City. Justice Doll is the city's oldest remembered (and feared) heroine and has pass thru many women before the current Justice Doll
2. Mindchanger has planned everything, even how to go to jail? Wouldn't you, if you knew you pissed off 11 of the city's best heroines?
3. Is Gravity Lord an expy for Magneto (or Graviton), both from Marvel? Gravity Lord is a spoof of Magneto....
4. Is CyberMaster an expy for Brainac (DC) or Doctor Manhattan? (Watchmen)?} I'll go with Brainiac, Mahattan would be too much considering he's pretty much a god like being in watchmen.
5. Is Silver Swallow an expy for Black Canary (DC)? Yes, Thou maybe i should work on Silver's design more...
6. Is Contact an expy from Supergirl (DC)? Pretty much down to the lift a mountain and such, thou with a few more weaknesses then say superman or supergirl, Mind control being the best way.
7. Is Onyx the female counterpart of Doctor Strange (Marvel)? Not quite, Doctor Strange is the Sorcerer Supreme of his earth, Onyx is more Scarlet Witch then anything else, minus the loopy insane bit.
8. Is Lexa the female counterpar of Captain America (Marvel)? Yes she is, OHRYAH Marine Corps! SEMPRE FI Devil dogs!
9. Is Justice Doll the female counterpart of Wolverine (Marvel) Bub? No sir, she is the counterpart to Batman. And like batman will come kick your ass in a while :P
10. Is Toxaris the female counterpart of Hawkeye (Marvel)? Well she's more of an arcane archer then anything else, but I can see the hawkeye reference.
11. Is Redback the female counterpart of Spiderman (Marvel)? That's all North's doing there, he simply wanted a huge breasted spiderwoman, not that that's a bad thing, mind you.

I think the part I liked the most was to see the characters. is Battle Maiden Thor’s female’s counterpart? She talks like a large ham, NOWWW!

Battlemaiden is pretty much a thor counterpart, minus the hammer. We had fun trying to create her dialogue and persona.
What about T01, where is it? And Gloria, the girl with the mysteriously similar ring TM to the man behind Minchanger?

You'll see them soon, just with TB-01 we really couldn't show her being in pieces since my skills with poser have not reach that area.
I am anxious to know who is the mysterious backer, but even more, if he is part of a mayor plan with your comics (Dark Pussycat, Body Image)?

the Backer has no relation with Black Pussycat or Body Image. Apparently we creators think TOO much alike :P But i'll promise that the villians for Black Pussycat will indeed surprise you. thanks again

MCtek
mctek

Postby Northern Chill » February 10th, 2012, 4:41 pm

Just to add a little to what MCTek said:

- If Mind Changer was new to the villain stuff, he might have thrown up a contingency plan to take the heroines on after their breakout but a savvy guy like him figured the writing was on the wall so a painless surrender to the Rixo City police was in order.

- Redback....hmmm...not sure the term "huge breasted" was EXACTLY used when we went over the character design and look of the Guard line-up. I did request a non flat look though..;)...btw, if you're interested, Hector, look up the word "Redback" in Wikipedia...you might get an inkling why that name was chosen.

- The ring thing..?...it plays a part in things shown and yet to be seen...

I'm kinda at a down cycle right now creatively speaking but hopefully the finale will be scripted and done in the near future.

Thanks for the feedback!

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby Hector2 » February 11th, 2012, 10:41 pm

Dear McTek and Northern Chill

Thank you both for answering my post so soon. And both of you! This must be my lucky week!

First McTek:

I really had zero experience with comics, least of all 3D comics, so I didn’t realize the problem with showing us T01, but I sure hope to hear something more about Gloria in last issue.

The comment about the comics with Black Pussycat and Body Image is that those comics seems to present a brand new menace out of nowhere. I tought all of them could be referring to the same menace. It would have been cool, wouldn’t it?

And NortherChill, I have checked Redback in the wiki. Oh my! Another terror I need to worry when I am in bed! (I am very fearful of spiders, and this specimen seems like a nightmare in miniature). I find unsettling that there are those spiders in the airports, they can grow out of control… or am I paranoic?

Well, about Mindchanger, a guy that plans so much that he has planned his own downfall? While is interesting to read about something who can do that (and that can manage to get the best of any situation) , he has the same weakness of smart alecks in real life: he is smart to change the rules of the game, but not smart enough to realize that changing the rules means a new game and that he needs to play that game too: capturing all the heroines changed the equilibrium enough to make him disposable.

Thanks for both your answers and only another thing: What about trying to give us more info about the Roxio City Heroines? I am curious about Toxaris, what exactly do you mean by “arcane archer”?

Thanks for everything!

Hector.
Hector2

PreviousNext

Return to MCtek