The Resort Tales....

Discuss "Rixo City" and other stories with MCtek!

Re: The Resort Tales....

Postby finister » October 26th, 2010, 7:15 am

Thanks for posting your feedback, everyone!!

More bikinis and french maid outfits on the way soon :D
finister

Postby mctek » November 14th, 2010, 10:44 pm

When we last left off, our resident new evil genius the Ring Mistress had captured enslaved and created a robot clone of famed heroine Honey Doll. A week as gone by as the heroines, Alphawoman, Snowflake, Solaria, Goldwing and Roller grrl have been enjoying a week of R&R courtesy of Bea Flowers. And since their stay begain, things have not been going to well for our bubbly heroine Snowflake! And what evil deed does the Ring Mistress have in store for Alphawoman? Found out this and more in in The Resort Tales: A Snowflake tale! #3 here only at MCcomix!

Artist note: i took the liberally to post my pages in a bigger format should some of you have a issue of being unable to make it out. thanks again for reading our story.

MCtek~

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=16029
mctek

Postby Akonkid » November 15th, 2010, 2:21 am

The story itself is still pretty good and hot. The plot thickens and twists are coming. What's going on in Snowflake's head? Why are their powers acting weird? Why did Ring Mistress make Alpha Woman an airheaded bimbo and endanger her operation by not controlling her like Bea and then sending her back into the wild? Interesting...

The art continues to be the highlight. Great designs and effects all around, both 3D and 2D. Fin continues to impress and Tek's traditional art looks much cleaner (perhaps due to less pages and more emphasis on quality over quantity). Great job there.

Now for a few criticisms.

The art, itself, is pretty good, but it looks quite rough in places. Touch-ups just weren't done very well in places, with clipping and rough spots that were distractingly bad and could have been smoothed out or cleaned up.

Secondly, just in one reading I noticed typos and grammar mistakes on almost every single page. Spend a bit more time proofreading your stuff, or let someone else go over it. Never work off of a first draft, which it looks like this was. These aren't freebies anymore, so half-assed dialogue full of misspellings, poor grammar, and incomplete sentences should be dealt with. It's good material, but almost every single page needs to be fixed, with a few exceptions. I know there is no shortage of people willing to proofread and help you out (I know for a fact Trishbot offers her services to anyone that asks), so there's really no excuse for it to be so amateurish. With more care, this could become a PROFESSIONAL comic. On the positive, thanks for changing the narration boxes from pure white. It was a little detail that helped immensely.

Some casual observations and questions so far; what was the point of creating robot clones of Bea if Bea herself is turned into more of a robot than the clones themselves? The "human" Bea is now the one with the plastic skin and robot voice while the "robot" Bea speaks and looks normal... was there any point to that? Ring Mistress's decision to switch their roles seems needlessly complex. A lot of her actions seem needlessly complex (such as making Alpha Woman a bimbo instead of enslaving her fully like Bea to ensure nothing can go wrong... which I imagine it will). If you just explained she was eccentric or cocky, that might explain it, because a lot of her actions AREN'T very efficient or practical in the slightest. Minor gripe there, though.

I'm also very unconvinced that Kyla has ANY romantic feelings for Solaria. That just doesn't sit well with me on a personal level. I don't mind some romance every now and then, but they were pretty much the ONLY two I didn't want to have any "hook-ups" (outside of mind control). I see them as extremely platonic best friends. Kyla herself already has a bit of a crush on Tina and Mick... her own best friend seems unnecessary, implausible, and entirely out of left field. There's been quite a bit of evidence of Kyla outright claiming she doesn't even (usually) like other girls, so not sure I buy this new info.

This continues to be an enjoyable read overall though. For a first time writer, it's got some rough patches but a lot of good ideas. I'll continue to look forward to the next issue. But for the rough patches, don't be afraid to ask for help! I'm extremely busy myself but even I could spare a few minutes just to go over the dialogue and give you some feedback.

Anyway, that's all I got. Good comic and great art, guys. The ladies continue to be hot and exciting.
If she would just do what I asked, I wouldn't need to use mind control!
Akonkid

Postby mctek » November 16th, 2010, 12:01 am

hey gang, going to pull a bit of a SE type update here in a second, but i want to make this clear: you, the reader are entitled to flood my inbox with your complains, issues, and suggestions. Whatever they may be, and i will rework or reedited anything page or issue as soon as I am made aware of something I have over looked or rushed. This is the same pledge i made to Doc regarding work, and will follow through if told to do so and make you the readers aware of such problems and fixes. Sunday's issue had problems I'll admit too, and have taken the proper measures to affect the quality in better ways.

Secondly to answer some questions posted here.

what was the point of creating robot clones of Bea if Bea herself is turned into more of a robot than the clones themselves?

yes there is, but to avoid spoilers this is all i can say.

A lot of her actions seem needlessly complex

there are main things going on, which will be explained in time. The story has just taken off, please allow some time for it to grow more.

I'm also very unconvinced that Kyla has ANY romantic feelings for Solaria.

This was an unintentional clue, please refer to my notes below.

Alright, now on to the rework update.

Fixed an issue with clipping and rough edges in certain pages.

Fixed an issue with spelling, punctuation, and grammar errors.

Fixed an issue with dialogue run on sentences.

Fixed an issue with Snowflake dialogue on page 19, there was an unintentional clue in a line of dialogue from Kyla. If you have read that line, please disregard the info as it is not valid.

Fixed lighting issue on pg 6.

thanks for your time,

MCtek~
mctek

Postby sohta123 » November 16th, 2010, 10:18 pm

Story is awesome so far. The Ringmistress is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters. I like it that she is good at what she does instead of bungling through her plans. She's also very removed emotionally from those she experiments on, making her very dangerous.
Keep up the good work!
sohta123

Postby nitpicker » December 6th, 2010, 10:07 pm

I have to say I am enjoying this series very much. Keep up the good work. When will be the next update?
nitpicker

Postby mctek » December 29th, 2010, 2:46 am

Hey gang!

MCtek and FInister Foul here, we will be putting out Issue #4 as a free comic as both a belated Christmas gift and a thank you from us to you all! Resort will pick back up in late Jan. So stay tune for that. :D We would also like to thank Doc for the continued help he's provided to us and the rest of the MCcomix crew. Thanks to the MCcomix crew for their help as well, would have never figured out that damn vector thing, thanks again. Mostly want to thank you guys for reading and enjoying my stories as well as the awesome art from Fin and the talented writing from Northern Chill and Trishbot. The new Year will bring some more things to come, among them (finally) is the final issue of Sword and Shield, ending their first arc.

P.S. I will also like to hold a live chat on the 30th of Dec around 9pm Texas time, to hear your feedback, questions, and comments. If you would like to join, send me a pm with your YIM name and I will look for you.

MCtek~

Happy New Years to everyone!
mctek

Postby nageth » December 30th, 2010, 6:32 pm

So Goldwing's investigation ends with her finding Cyber Grrl's pole, I take it.
nageth

Postby nitpicker » January 1st, 2011, 8:05 pm

Hope the update gets posted soon.
nitpicker

Postby mctek » January 1st, 2011, 10:42 pm

Hey gang!

Sorry for the delay, had missed doc earlier in the evening of Friday due to work and the New Year. I wish you all a good new year and good fortune, and hopefully you have a good start on the year :D

The Resort Tales #4

Angel Gold has had her fair share of wild events and mind controlled shenanigans, but nothing compares to the almost year long time she spent as a mind controlled stripper, dancing away the night at a local club. It's been a long while since that dark time, and now it rears its ugly head, but what does the Ring Mistress have to do with it? Meanwhile Snowflake explores more into the nature of her dreams, by accident of course...

Find out in this one time free issue of The Resort! Available only at MCcomix, be sure to check out the past chapters and future issues for members only. If you haven't join yet, try a membership and take a look around!

MCtek~
mctek

Postby begbie_rentonspud » January 2nd, 2011, 10:39 am

Wow. Another great issue. Kinda making me wish I had my very own Angel Doll :P If I did have a complaint of sorts about this issue, I wish there was a bit more hand drawn stuff. But that's just pretty minor. Kudos! Can't wait for the next issue.

Begbie_Rentonspud
begbie_rentonspud

Postby leto17 » January 2nd, 2011, 3:42 pm

I've really been enjoying this series alot. I love the style for robotization that you have employed for Honey Doll. great Work! That slick, artifical, silicone doll look is fantastically sexy. I also like the Ringmistress's design alot. It's also nice that HoneyBot has a "friend" besides her sexy robotic copies!

P..S.

The concept of a nanite Dildo is Awesome! Nice mechanism for transformation that sure to put a smile on the victim's lovely faces :twisted:
leto17

Postby mctek » January 5th, 2011, 1:04 am

Hey gang! Just a note that i fixed pages 9 through 11. apologize for the goof, thanks again for your time guys.

Have fun reading!

MCtek~
mctek

Postby mctek » January 19th, 2011, 11:34 pm

The Resort Tales: A Snowflake story #5

After Snowflake's second dream she relates her dream to the person she trusts the most: Solaria. Little do they know that their sleeping captain has had a change of mind as of late. What effects will it have on the two heroines as they chat away? Back in the lab below, sex pets Nene Heaters and Clarissa decide to beta test their Mistress's latest conquest. Find out what naughty trials and tests they put her through, only at MCComix!

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=19429

Hey gang would like to also take this time to say that we will be announcing some changes for Resort soon, as we are still working on those details, stay tune for more news in the next week or so! :D

MCtek!
mctek

Postby Trishbot » January 20th, 2011, 12:25 pm

Too many stories try and focus on the overall picture and skip over the fun, innocent, and sexy playtime, and I think a lot of us want the stories to slow down and have the villains truly enjoy and play with their captives and sex dolls. So, I'm quite happy to see Nene and Clarissa enjoying Angel Doll and sampling a bit of what she has to offer, even if some of her "features" are a bit bizarre and left-field. Nanotechnology that can make humans play music out their ears, alter every physical part of their body, and change their very mass and weight?

Science is truly the new Magic.

Still, there's a lot of little details that I greatly enjoyed. Hyper-sexed bimbo Alpha Woman glomping Kyla and "wanting ice cream" as they sort-of-tried to peel her off was entertaining. Interesting to know that Clarissa and Ring Mistress are apparently officially married according to Clarissa's new hyphen-name ("Creed"), and Nene being in charge of capturing the others should prove eventful. And, of course, Goldwing is just sexy when she's naked, mindless, and obedient.
Trishbot

PreviousNext

Return to MCtek