Island of Zombot

Discuss "Rixo City" and other stories with MCtek!

Re: Island of Zombot

Postby Mr. Cryptic » October 2nd, 2012, 9:33 pm

Ishtar, at least under normal circumstances, has a very high level of strength and resilience, comparable to Superman or Captain Marvel. However, I figure Omega Woman does, too. I don't figure that Ishtar is actually invulnerable (i.e. incapable of being hurt), although for the purposes of any kind of conventional attack short of a nuclear weapon, she's invulnerable.

Although it may not be realistic, I think when crossing over characters from different settings it makes sense to portray their powers as being somewhat comparable. I imagine Ishtar, like Superman, can move thousands of tons of weight, or more, if she puts her mind to it. I don't think Omega Woman's creators imagine her being quite that strong. However, in a comic where the two are facing off it usually makes for a better story if neither completely outclasses the other.

In this story, Omega Woman appears to be physically less powerful than Ishtar, but was capable of beating her by persistance and resourcefulness. This makes sense to me (especially when Ishtar is a Zombot).

Another possible factor, Omega Woman's energy blasts are based on irridite energy, if I understand it correctly. It has been established in my comics that Ishtar has a weakness to irridite energy, so maybe OW's blasts were more effective for that reason.
Mr. Cryptic

Postby Mr. Cryptic » October 2nd, 2012, 9:39 pm

Tony's point is a good one too. Ishtar's powers are a little like Green Lantern's in that they depend on her will. Is Ishtar's will is controlled it is not clear how that would alter her power level. It could make her less powerful, but it could make her even more powerful (if mind controlled Ishtar is better at resisting prana overload than non-mind controlled Ishtar).
Mr. Cryptic

Postby Tecknophyle » October 3rd, 2012, 12:55 pm

Now that's what I'm talking about.

From my particular standpoint, the entire "Chain Reaction" storyline has been great: you've got the fetishes and sex scenes, but you also have a fairly deep story with stuff happening that matters, you've got characters displaying skills and abilities indicating that they're more than simply women wearing costumes who's only point is to be a victim of J. Random Badguy, you've got a villain worthy of the title, and good guys starting to make their comebacks not from dumb luck but from their own efforts. And not just fighting: Kitten's insight into Dawn's true status being a prime example.

Very, very nice work.
Tecknophyle

Postby jrhcl2 » October 3rd, 2012, 7:04 pm

Don't know why my comments appeared twice??
jrhcl2

Postby jrhcl2 » October 3rd, 2012, 7:04 pm

Tecknophyle wrote:Now that's what I'm talking about.

From my particular standpoint, the entire "Chain Reaction" storyline has been great: you've got the fetishes and sex scenes, but you also have a fairly deep story with stuff happening that matters, you've got characters displaying skills and abilities indicating that they're more than simply women wearing costumes who's only point is to be a victim of J. Random Badguy, you've got a villain worthy of the title, and good guys starting to make their comebacks not from dumb luck but from their own efforts. And not just fighting: Kitten's insight into Dawn's true status being a prime example.

Very, very nice work.

Tecknophyle i agree with you a 100% !! This story has had a good blend of everything,as you pointed out!! The Villain has been shown to be very clever, with a well thought out plan!! The heroines will have to use their heads if they hope to defeat this villain!!

So many times the villain will have a great plan, everything will be going just as the villain planned it! The heroine or a group of heroines will becoming their mindless slave, but the heroines don't win by being resourceful or having a well thought out plan, but win thru pure luck!! Don't get me wrong i want the good guy to win, i'm pro-hero!! But i'd like to see the heroes with a game plan,use that plan to defeat the villain,showing they can use their minds and be skillful, instead of being lucky!!
jrhcl2

Postby sohta123 » October 3rd, 2012, 7:51 pm

This story is great.I hate to see it wind down at all when it just seemed that Ick was really getting going. Tek has present such great material.
Just as it seems the villain is getting somewhere and becoming a real threat most stories abruptly end. There's not much time to see what the villains would do with the power once they've won. There are some exceptions to this of course but largely it's not done.

I also feel that (and no offense to Ishtar or any of the characters portrayed) many times the hero is just plain too powerful or has too many resources at their disposal. Superman has alway been one of my favorite characters but many times he can too easily turn back time or move mountains of kryptonite or push the planet out of the way of a giant obstacle, etc. Or the character is like Batman and can pull a can of 'Bat-Shark-Repellant' out of his helicopter or like Henry Pym (marvel) and can materialize a weapon that he has in a 'pocket universe' always close by. To me those things are easy outs for writers who run out of ideas.

I like to see heros have something to struggle against and be able to fail or even sometimes lose or there's no real threat to them and what they protect.

I think several of the writers here do a great job of storytelling and have created so many interesting characters with such imagination. That of course is the reason I subscribe to this site.
sohta123

Postby NoneNeeded » October 4th, 2012, 12:31 pm

I feel I am just echoing what others have said but I think this series has been great.

Characters have had character. They have been more than just victims and the interplay between them has made them much more real than some other story lines.

While I admit to my previously expressed preference to MC via subversion over pure domination, what we have seen so far has been pretty good. Even the 'Bots have had some interesting variations lie Dawn.

Well done, Sir. Well done!
NoneNeeded

Postby Mr. Cryptic » October 4th, 2012, 9:29 pm

sohta123 wrote: I also feel that (and no offense to Ishtar or any of the characters portrayed) many times the hero is just plain too powerful or has too many resources at their disposal. Superman has alway been one of my favorite characters but many times he can too easily turn back time or move mountains of kryptonite or push the planet out of the way of a giant obstacle, etc. Or the character is like Batman and can pull a can of 'Bat-Shark-Repellant' out of his helicopter or like Henry Pym (marvel) and can materialize a weapon that he has in a 'pocket universe' always close by. To me those things are easy outs for writers who run out of ideas.

The fact that Ishtar has so many powers, and such a high level of power does make it less likely to see her having to struggle for victory. To some extent that is by design. I have generally approached my stories in that the combat and the physical conflict between the heroes and the villains is not really at the center of the story. When a fight does occur, I usually make it rather one-sided and consequently quick. In that sense they may be a bit more realistic in that in real-life law enforcement I imagine most confrontations are pretty one-sided. When a crook get found out by the police, I think most of the time the crook, if they fight back at all, is subdued pretty quickly one way or another. That's kind of how I see it with Ishtar. She spends probably 95% of her time subduing crooks, even super-powered crooks, with no difficulty (its routine and thus I don't usually show it). About 4% of the time she gets subdued by a crook who exploits one of her weaknesses before she can take him down (this would be about 95% of what's shown in the comics :) ). When Ishtar is defeated it usually happens without much of a fight, because if Ishtar has a chance to fight back, the opponent is usually vanquished in short order. About 1% of the time Ishtar has a fight that is balanced enough that the battle actually lasts more than a few seconds. I figure Omega Woman is an opponent that would fit in that 1% category. I guess Ishtar's stories are mainly aimed at being about her relationships with her friends and enemies, and about how they choose to use their powers, and of course Ds fetishes :). So I use this rationale to explain why you don't see as many superbattles or super troubleshooting in my stories as you might in a mainstream comic.
Mr. Cryptic

Postby Hector2 » October 6th, 2012, 10:50 am

Dear McTek:
Island of Zombots # 9 was an asskicking issue, literally. I think that the confrontation of Omega woman against the enslaved Ishtar was great, but I am not sure about the result.

Let me explain: I don’t have any idea who would win in a fight, yeah, sure, Ishtar is a goddess and certainly has years of experience and even that, the physics laws of our universe don’t apply to her, and Omega woman was created to be the perfect woman (and soldier), but there is a lot in a fight that depends of the luck.

Also, Omega Woman’s life experiences could help her, remembering Kari Lan had helped her to find even more true potential. This is a standar scene in any fighting series.

However, I am anxious to see what happens next issue, and for once, I don’t have any questions, so I am going to repeat the questions I had last issue (IoZ #8):

How Miranda managed to stop the mannequinization process, if Von Ick told her that there was formula for a few years?
    Does this mean that Violet could be turned in a mannequin in any moment?
    What does Von Ick means with “She clearly takes after her mother” at page 8? Is he referring to the biological mother, or anyone else entirely?
    What happened to Agent Cross when Von Ick left her?
    Is Clarissa / Miranda gaining a “spider sense” or something?
    Where did come from fifteen and why is she channeling the Hulk?
    Does the antenna left in the floor belongs to fifteen?
Hector2

Postby mctek » October 6th, 2012, 1:15 pm

hey gang, answer a few questions while rendering the next island for ya..

How Miranda managed to stop the mannequinization process, if Von Ick told her that there was formula for a few years?

the mannequinization process stopped when Miranda pulled out the feed keeping Violet prisoner in her own body.

Does this mean that Violet could be turned in a mannequin in any moment?

No, the formula only works if it remains in the system, because Violet is an enhance human, she is capable of burning thru the serum faster then stay Pink Pussycat or even Alpha woman who while enhanced, doesn't share the same type of abilities Violet does, their are probably only a few women who can actively resist the formula, Violet happening to be one of them.

What does Von Ick means with “She clearly takes after her mother” at page 8? Is he referring to the biological mother, or anyone else entirely?

He is refering to the biological mother, but then Ick hasn't been very clear who the mother is. Just that Chi Calico carried her to term.

What happened to Agent Cross when Von Ick left her?

shhhh! It's a secret....>.>.....<.<.....

Is Clarissa / Miranda gaining a “spider sense” or something?

She gaining something, spider sense is more fiction then fact as spiders or cats for that matter do not have an early warning system biologically build in. But from time to time they're senses can catching something that they don't like or think is threatening them.

Where did come from fifteen and why is she channeling the Hulk?

fifteen was an experiment to add superstrength to Ms.Metrobay clone, the results were unacceptable to Ick as he require they have a brain to use said muscle.

Does the antenna left in the floor belongs to fifteen?

no, that actually belong to Cross :D

Thanks again for the awesome feedback, keep'em coming, remember to tell what the fuck I'm doing wrong too, only way I'm going to improve in giving you guys a solid balance of story and erotic content. While don't go into a super demanding mode, help your favorite artist, writer, team combos and solo storytellers by giving them insights to what you like to see more. Where improvement is warrant and helpful to those who work you care about. While praise is good, for myself i also ask for the not just the good, but the bad, the ulgy and omg wtf where you thinking tek! Thanks again guys for all your support for this comic, been a blast doing it! More stories to come down the line!

Tek~
mctek

Postby mctek » October 11th, 2012, 11:07 am

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Hey gang!

On time today, thanks again for reading and letting me know what you think. coming up on the end of the story, and I'll be making announcements later as to what I'll be doing soon. In the meantime, enjoy zee hard work and pretty pictures :D. Special thanks to Uzobono for making the awesome prop toward the end of this issue, been a blast to use.

Tek~

Island of Zombot #12

While Omega woman was picking a fight with Isthar, the newly freed Miranda Von Ick goes in search of her best friend Tabby and her lover Dawn. And runs into some extra trouble, with some help smashes her way to thru. What will she find her friend and lover soon or lose more people she cares about to her father's quest. Only at MCcomix.com!

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=46367
mctek

Postby Champ » October 11th, 2012, 1:40 pm

Oooh, #15 is rocking the world! :) Loved this chapter and I'm dying to know what's next! Dun Dun Dun!
Champ

Postby Sumatra » October 13th, 2012, 8:05 am

Fucking great issue. Miranda's surprise against the zombot trio, great work.

The "sleep" was confusing. Why does a clone have limited energy? Do all of them have a power supply?

Dawn scene was amazing. But would have liked to have seen that process. Her new body was grown? Amazing scene nonetheless.

Cliffhanger at the end, great lead up, next issue seems like a bigger jaw-dropper. Can't wait.

-Sumatra
Sumatra

Postby Hector2 » October 20th, 2012, 3:00 pm

Dear McTek:

Island of Zombots # 12 is an awesome issue, and manages to do something that few of you other issues have done: It raises less questions that it answers…

I loved how Fifteen was able to defeat (if not destroy) the three agents that were menacing Ms. Von Ick. Do you mean she is a miss, or a mistress? And I liked her explanation about why Von Ick senior left fifteen at a cell.

However, the interesting part comes when Miranda get lost on her own home (really, did she think someone so twisted as Von Ick was going to let her known all the operation, when she didn’t know all the building?) and when she finds that strange device.

Well, I only can say that I am anxious to see what I expect the final showdown at the Portal Room.

Oh, and yes, a lot of questions, as always, and answering Sumatra's questions would be cool too:

What is that device at page 11?
    Is a conscience transfer device?
    It could be used to transfer conscience and memories to other clones?
    Or robots?
    Is something like the personality exchanger?
    It works with conscienceless clones?
Hector2

Postby NoneNeeded » October 25th, 2012, 2:57 pm

Am I going blind(no jokes about why please) or is IotZ #2 missing from the others in the folder?

update: # 7 doesn't seem to be there either.
NoneNeeded

PreviousNext

Return to MCtek