Island of Zombot

Discuss "Rixo City" and other stories with MCtek!

Re: Island of Zombot

Postby mctek » June 14th, 2012, 7:03 am

Hey gang!

Bringing ya another addition of Island of Zombots! ^_^; sorry for the late post, had got back from work tired and annoyed and forgot to add the comic at midnight. My bad. Today's issue is a mega issue which will probably give teckno a heartattack with all the info he needs to look over :P You guys need to give the man his props for keeping up with us perv writers and creators. Thanks to Doc for letting me tackle some of history for Metrobay. Not a lot of sex this issue my apologies, I'll make it up to you guys next issue :D Thanks again for reading.

Tek~

Island of Zombots #4

It's the next day, and young heroines, sword and Shield along with slowly reforming criminal, RebelPhase are now dealing with the end result of their fight with Cybermaster. Meanwhile a day of remembrance is occurring as many heroines and villains of Metrobay. Find out here only at MCcomix.

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=40981
mctek

Postby mctek » June 14th, 2012, 7:08 am

One more thing!

Thanks to Uzo Bono for the help with some of the awesome effects you see this issue. Learn something new everyday :P :P

Tek~
mctek

Postby jrhcl2 » June 14th, 2012, 8:40 am

Hi Mctek!! Just saw the new update. As i have stated, i'm a fan of Mr. Cryptic comics and Ishtar is my favorite heroine from that comix. I was really looking forward to Ishtar appearing in this story!! It's been really disappointing to only see her tied to different machines being tormented, a sight i hoped not to see!! : :cry: I hope this isn't the only way we will see her, only being tormented, even looks like her hair was cut while being in that new machine, VERY DISAPPOINTING DEVELOPMENT!! I have to be honest an say, i really don't like seeing Ishtar being tied to a machine and tormented, not a bondage and pain fan! :(
jrhcl2

Postby Mr. Cryptic » June 14th, 2012, 12:58 pm

Hi CL - I haven't asked MCtek about it, but I'm guessing that the reason Ishtar's hair is short is that the Amarseda hair figure Ishtar uses would overlap with the device. I think either we're supposed to just figure that her hair is tucked back where we can't see it, or maybe MCtek made a decision to have Ishtar's hair cut by Von Ick, with the underlying reason avoid some messy art situations. Or maybe the hypno device thing works better without a thick head of hair, or maybe some people have a fetish for heroines getting their heads shaved, I don't know. If her hair did get cut, Ishtar can alter her hair at will with her Ring of Transformation, so no big deal there.

In the Zombot #3, Von Ick described the machine as arousing Ishtar, and it sounds like she had climaxed 38 times, if I understood them correctly. So it think Von Ick was trying to control her with pleasure (which is similar to what I tend to do in my stories). In the most recent issue, she appears to be in a hypnosis type of device. It doesn't really look pleasurable or painful (maybe awkward), more just kind of making her mindless and obedient, and I guess unaware of what is happening. Just my interpretation of it.

I guess I kind of like having my heroines facing different kinds of threats in other writer's stories since in real life they would face all kinds of different villains, not just the kind that I invent. So this gives Ishtar's bio a little more depth.

Also, this story has a BIG cast. Ishtar's role in this story is much more limited than it is in my own comics, but that's what I expected. I think she'll do more in the future in this story, but she's one character among many here.
Mr. Cryptic

Postby Ghosthand » June 14th, 2012, 5:17 pm

I think the shorter hair is a side effect of what is going on in Ishtar's mind, and a desired effect for Von Ick. It is not uncommon for magicial beings like gods and godesses to have their appearace change because of a mental alteration. For some it appears to be just a part of who they are. Add to that Von ick stated he wanted to alter her, not just enslave her. If he wanted to just turn her into another Zombot I'm sure he would have done that by now. I think he has bigger plans for her. He first started by attacking her with Irridite radiation, this is the same stuff that turned Shelly into Superfreak and is currently affecting Ms. Metrobay. Although it was enough to send her into sensory overlaod it was just shrugged off by her body, understandable for a magicial being. Now Von Ick has changed gears and went to directly attacking her mind and we are starting to see effects on her body. Only time will tell what Von Ick has planned for her or how she will look/behave when he is finished. Personally I think the whole story has a nice plot so far in it's main line and all the sub plots. Be kind of boring if it was just the same thing over and over :)
Ghosthand

Postby mctek » June 14th, 2012, 5:56 pm

Hey CL!

Adding to what Mr.Cryptic posted, Ishtar hasn't been tortured at any point during her stay with Ick, or in my stay for that matter :P So far she's aroused into submission and being brainwashed atm. Neither are painful to Ishtar and no one else before or after Isthar. As for the hair thing, yeah her hair would be badly poking through the device over her head. Rather then having to making multiples of pages with and without her hair, debating to keep her like that or let it grow back when she appears again in story.

To Hector!

^_^; Gravity Lord is actually lying on the ground behind Topaz Terra, my bad, looking at it now he kind of blends into the Background. RebelPhase is a character i think ppl would like to see MC'ed because she has a more mean and dominate persona then most of her fellow heroines. Aside from her criminal past, she's a bitch to alot of ppl, even those she "makes" her friends ^_^ well, her grandmother being the exception of course. The MM clone has been around for a long time. She was created with the sole idea of being a companion to Miranda as the years went by. Diamond Frost is a Doc character, me thinks flooding Doc's box with requests for more Gem angels should get him going on a story for them.

For the People!

On an unrelated topic, a fellow reader of yours has hit me with some errors i missed on my end, for which i have now adjusted and reposted for your viewing pleasure. As i have stated before, if you find problems big or small feel free to pm of the error and i'l get to it as soon as I can. I'm also aware that i can't please everyone with what i do storywise and will try to work a middle ground as best i can. Ghosthand ya seem to have an idea, Pm your idea and i'll bring it up to my fellow creators and see what we can come up with. Once again thanks for reading my stories, watch out for Acquire 4 and Island 5.

Tek~
mctek

Postby Tony » June 14th, 2012, 6:56 pm

Wonderful Issue. Lots of meat in the back stories and some very interesting interactions.
Tony

Postby sohta123 » June 14th, 2012, 9:00 pm

Awesome issue MCTek! Great job all around!
I personally like the change in Ishtar's hair as for me it's an outward manifestation of the inward change. Whether Von Ick did it or she altered it by her own will. I was kind of wondering if removing her hair had some effect like cutting Sampson's hair and made her more susceptible to control. I'm really hoping that instead of a normal zombot she gets to be Ick's heavy like Super Freak is for Max. A fight between her and Violet would be great. As Ghosthand and Mr Cryptic have mentioned it's great to see the variety in the storytelling as opposed to the same old shtick.

As for Violet, the personality trait that she has a grudge against clones is pretty cool. Especially in light of her relationship with Hypnotica and Kristen.
That issue may divide the heroines of Metrobay someday and pit them against each other. And evolving clones? What a great sub-plot. Scary too. What if the clones want to replace their originals? Now I'm going to start looking for an origami unicorn hidden in one of the panels.

As you said, not a lot of sex in this issue but the story build-up is great. Glad this one is going to last for a long time.

I am so looking forward to seeing what's on the next cover.
sohta123

Postby Hector2 » June 14th, 2012, 9:04 pm

Oh yes, Gravity Lord is there! I think he is now missing Roxio City.

Well, there is a lot to discuss here, and even when there were not much erotic scenes, it seems that the Yuri Lan mistery would be disclosed little by little.

I will do a better review soon, thanks!

PD: CL, Of course this is a matter of tastes, but I think that use torture on any heroine is bad, because it reminds us too much of the real world. I prefer McTek methods:

she's aroused into submission and being brainwashed atm. Neither are painful to Ishtar and no one else before or after Isthar.

Thanks for everything!
Hector2

Postby PsiLance » June 15th, 2012, 12:11 pm

I liked the issue. I'm surprised there's so much commented attention to Ishtar's hair. It was interesting to see the overall clone sub-plot developed further. And I had to look up sohta123's origami unicorn comment. It will be interesting to see what Auto is doing sneaking up behind Violet.
PsiLance

Postby dumbtime » June 15th, 2012, 8:47 pm

I like the change in her hair. I guess that it most likely was done so you could see the detail of the device around her head. but, it adds so much more to the scene and the plot that is unfolding in the scene.

Ishtar is a goddess but she tends to hang out in human form, which limits her complete godlly attributes. If she were giving the chance to fight Miranda, one on one, she could have defeated her. If given the same against Von Ick, she would have outwitted him. But, she wasn't, they trapped her. She fell victim to their trick and now their desire.

Because of this, I feel the need to completely, and respectively, disagree with the magical notions about her hair. If she is there in a physical human-like form, why not degrade the victim even more by cutting her hair. Von Ick is trying to break her down so he can control her, a goddess. She was surprise by Miranda's quickness and agility to sneak up and grab the bra. She fully ran into the range of the irridate ray, something she is defenseless against and then, succumbed to the alter cannon. Now, after being exhausted by the cannon, she is being brainwashed by Von Ick's simple brainwashing program. Where was/are the godly, mystical powers at then/now?

Von Ick even comments on how she doesn't compare to his worthier prize, Yuri Lan. Her free will is being widdled away so she can be turned into something more compliant to Von Ick's plan, so Von Ick can use her power, not her. Cutting Ishtar's hair makes the degradation fit more and removes a part of Ishtar's persona with out completely altering it and allows for what Von Ick has in mind. I'm pretty sure the hair will be allowed to return to normal after the story is all said and done.

DT

P.S. I also know of another mad scientist that loves capturing and enslaving goddesses. He gets off on degrading and victimizing them.
dumbtime

Postby Ghosthand » June 15th, 2012, 10:54 pm

dumbtime wrote:I like the change in her hair. I guess that it most likely was done so you could see the detail of the device around her head. but, it adds so much more to the scene and the plot that is unfolding in the scene.

Ishtar is a goddess but she tends to hang out in human form, which limits her complete godlly attributes. If she were giving the chance to fight Miranda, one on one, she could have defeated her. If given the same against Von Ick, she would have outwitted him. But, she wasn't, they trapped her. She fell victim to their trick and now their desire.

Because of this, I feel the need to completely, and respectively, disagree with the magical notions about her hair. If she is there in a physical human-like form, why not degrade the victim even more by cutting her hair. Von Ick is trying to break her down so he can control her, a goddess. She was surprise by Miranda's quickness and agility to sneak up and grab the bra. She fully ran into the range of the irridate ray, something she is defenseless against and then, succumbed to the alter cannon. Now, after being exhausted by the cannon, she is being brainwashed by Von Ick's simple brainwashing program. Where was/are the godly, mystical powers at then/now?

Von Ick even comments on how she doesn't compare to his worthier prize, Yuri Lan. Her free will is being widdled away so she can be turned into something more compliant to Von Ick's plan, so Von Ick can use her power, not her. Cutting Ishtar's hair makes the degradation fit more and removes a part of Ishtar's persona with out completely altering it and allows for what Von Ick has in mind. I'm pretty sure the hair will be allowed to return to normal after the story is all said and done.

DT

P.S. I also know of another mad scientist that loves capturing and enslaving goddesses. He gets off on degrading and victimizing them.

Although I too like the change in her hair I have to say that your summation of what is going on has some slight flaws.

First off, I don't think degradtion is really Von Ick's style. He seems to be more of a control freak with thoughts on ruling the world. Doing something just to degrade a captive seems like something that would be below him if not outright discust him.

Next you have to look at how he attacked her and the equipment he used. His first attack was with Irridite radiation, that is not a enslavement agent!

(From the metrobay encyclopedia)

Transformative effects: Exposure to Irridite radiation can cause human sexual organs to increase in size and errogenous zones to exhibit heightened sensitivity. Irridite radiation waves can also be harnessed and focused by technology to cause both short and long-term physical growth in a living organism, as demonstrated by Feelix Von Ick upon his Zombots and Max Indeks upon Shelley Calvin. The effects of the exposure can be temporary or permanent, depending on the dosage and any other variables introduced into the experiment.

Psychosomatic effects: Irridite radiation can cause individuals to experience an increase in sexual arousal or anger - sometimes both at the same time.

It seems to me that Von Ick was trying to instigate a transformation in Ishtar.

His second attack upon her was what was called a Alter Cannon. Although I haven't found any notations on what this is the name kind of gives away it's purpose. :)

The most recent attack was to go straight for her mind. And that is when we start seeing a change in her physically. Von ick even states "My enslavement formula seems to be working more effectively than my alter cannon." So he is getting some type of results that he was shooting for, and I don't think it is just a simple zombot.

now... Ishtar... the godess. Yes, after a few thousand years Ishtar has mellowed and probably lost a great deal of her power since the fall of the Babylon empire. She seems to have embraced the love side of the goddess of love and war persona. Perhaps Von Ick is attempting to bring back the Ishtar of old, totally controlled of course. (or at least he hopes!)

what was Ishtar like in her heydays? Well, here is a few quotes from the wiki,

Ishtar was the god of love and war, above all associated with sexuality: her cult involved sacred prostitution; her holy city Uruk was called the "town of the sacred courtesans"; and she herself was the "courtesan of the gods". Ishtar had many lovers; however, as Guirand notes,

"Woe to him whom Ishtar had honoured! The fickle goddess treated her passing lovers cruelly, and the unhappy wretches usually paid dearly for the favours heaped on them"

And on her decent into the underworld,

One of the most famous myths about Ishtar describes her descent to the underworld. In this myth, Ishtar approaches the gates of the underworld and demands that the gatekeeper open them:

If thou openest not the gate to let me enter,
I will break the door, I will wrench the lock,
I will smash the door-posts, I will force the doors.
I will bring up the dead to eat the living.
And the dead will outnumber the living.

Starting to get the idea? She was a badass bitch and a total slut! If Von Ick could bring this out in her and control her he would have a very fierce warrior and unmatched lover!

So in conclution, for Von Ick to just want to brainwash and degrade her seems far to simple of a plan for such a brilliant man. I guess we will just have to wait till the next issue to find out what is going on :)
Ghosthand

Postby dumbtime » June 16th, 2012, 7:58 am

A most excellent and well-put rebuttal. I can tell you are a person that pays a great deal of attention to detail and your historical references added life to your response. But, I have to beg to differ about being flawed.

If I were speaking about the mythological aspect of Ishtar, indeed, my argument wouldn't hold water. Instead, I stayed in the realm of creative fantasy derived from the storyline, plot and characterization of the cartoon. (Side note - Yes, I said cartoon. This is an artistic representation of the physical world, thus not the real world. Therefore, I call it a cartoon. Graphic as it is, I still call it a cartoon. I will not discuss this in any other posts) For the amusement of this discussion, I will explain what I mean about those three aspects.

Storyline - Ishtar is introduced to the story because she is being drawn to the man-made island. There is a purpose for this, it doesn't seem to be an accident. Once she is there, she becomes aware of an excess of prana - the driving force behind her godly powers. (not enough prana makes her weak like a human, to much gives her sensory overload and, eventually, makes her susceptible to control) Irridite is the natural world equivalent to mystical prana for Mr. Cryptic's Ishtar. The Irridite ray, shot at her by Miranda and overloaded her senses, seems to come from the altering cannon that was, again, overloading her senses while she was on the table. Through this, we realize how she was caught and subdued, her godly powers circumvented and her superhuman will power overcome.

Plot - Von Ick has a mastermind plan that hasn't been completely revealed yet. We know he has one and methodically it is unveiling with each episode. He drew in Ishtar for this purpose. I (my opinion) don't believe it was to show the world he could dominate a God. It is something bigger. The side by-product is a great feat, though, and he recognizes it. He has and does use people as pawns in his great scheme, changing them to suit his needs and Ishtar really isn't that much different.

Characterization - Pay close attention to Von Ick's thought process and dialogue. His prize was Yuri but because of an unfortunate incident he has to settle for sloppy seconds - i.e. Chi Calico and Ishtar. He looks at them as less worthy than the worthiest prize and doesn't take a second to put Ishtar in her place as a pawn and does so, matter-of-factually. He even calls her pathetic. If that isn't degradation and victimization, I don't know what would be. Also, Mr. Cryptic's Ishtar is a character in his stories and in this story that is a representation of the mythological figure and her characterization bends some to fit the cartoon world.

With this as my foundation, I see the haircut as a type shaping condition. Von Ick could be using it to further the process of turning her into the pawn that will play into the full scheme of his plan.

My character, Dr. Digitalis, has a drive to overthrow the notion that mystical is better than technical or logical. He sets out to prove that point with Irish Justice. Von Ick's drive is completely different but in the realm of the story he is still using the same degrading process.

That's my two cents about it. I'm not out to change minds, but to say how I think the short haircut works for me.

DT
dumbtime

Postby Ghosthand » June 16th, 2012, 10:20 am

I think we both agree on a few points. We seem to agree that Von Ick has greater plans for Ishtar and that he wishes to not just enslave her but change her. We also both like her new hairdo :)

Where we seem to differ is whether this change is mystical or technicial. I see a strong case for mysticial but I understand your adversion to this. Many writers use magicial means to accomplish their goal as a shortcut to making a real effort to comming up with a good plot device. We are just going to have to wait and see what way Mcteck goes with this.

I'm happy with whatever way this goes. I love a good transformation, whether it's heroine to robot or good girl to bad girl. Your story with irish Justice was/is awesome. (I just wish we has seem more of the blonde Irish Justice :) )

Ishtar is a great character. Her mythology sparked my interest in her years ago. Who couldn't be interested in a goddess who's priestesses were whores! She was even the main force behind one of my old AD&D mods I made a long time ago. That was a adventure :)
Ghosthand

Postby Mr. Cryptic » June 17th, 2012, 6:58 pm

dumbtime wrote:P.S. I also know of another mad scientist that loves capturing and enslaving goddesses. He gets off on degrading and victimizing them.

Yes, it was only recently that I got around to reading your story with Irish Justice (there is a lot of detail, so I had to set aside enough time to read everything :) ). Dr. Digitalis, Prospero and Dr. Pretorius should get together and compare notes :) .

In my own stories, I tend to avoid the heroines being radically transformed. I usually like it where the slave is still completely herself, but also completely controlled. That's part of why I like having another artist work with my characters. They can get put in situations that are plausible for them to be in but that are different from anything I would think of.

Even though Ishtar is my main character, I have been very tentative about stating what her powers really are, or what her background is (apart from what you can read in mythology), or what it means to be a "god." In general I figure gods as being superhumans but not necessarily more powerful than other superhumans. Gods tend to be more powerful than mutants, for example, but they don't have to be. I am tentatively going with the idea that gods are basically just people, but living in a higher level of dimensions than our own space-time. From our perspective, the gods are eternal because they aren't bound by our passage of time.

I am actually intending to do a series called "Secrets of Ishtar" where we'll see Ishtar in her formative period (not exactly her "past", since this is her life in a dimension outside our own space-time). I'll take the parts of the myth I want to use and make up the parts I want to make up :) .

I was drawn to the mythical character partly because she's a goddess of both love and war. Like probably everybody that follows this website, I'm a big fan of hot chicks that can kick ass. You can't get much hotter than a love goddess, and you can't kick much more ass than a war goddess!
Mr. Cryptic

PreviousNext

Return to MCtek