Chain Reaction

Discuss "Rixo City" and other stories with MCtek!

Re: Chain Reaction

Postby Hector2 » January 22nd, 2012, 7:05 pm

Dear McTek:
I loved the first issue of the Black Pussycat Saga, over all, the use of action adventure comic tropes working with (instead of replacing) the usual mind control comics, so we have not only a sexy, but adventurous and thrilling story.

As always, a lot of interesting things: the use of an abandoned theatre instead of an abandoned Warehouse in Grime City (why would they build a theatre there?) the perfume “mind de change”, Solaria’s capture, the transformation of Solaria into a villainess like her own parents (what a good idea for another comic!) and restraining device, the a lot of questions!

But then, the incredible cool use of one of those poor mancubs. That was a bit part to remember!

You did a good job showing us the awesomeness of this new menace. Madam Minx is a ruthless villain and highly intelligent. He was careful, she is cool, so this new menace is cooler.

Of course, to say that Madam Minx is intelligent is not to say she is brave. In fact, it was even cooler that you plainly say the truth about her character: a coward bully, incapable of confronting her fears, because let’s admit this: You wrote a very good, menacing intro to Black Pussycat, without saying a word or even seeing her, she could put fear in Madam Minx’s heart.

The creepy laughter reminded me of the Shadow. How knows what evil lurks in men’s hearts? Black Pussycat knows! Hey, did you know there is a real Westside Theatre?

Madam Mynx in the modification Chamber? Oh the irony!

And Black Pussycat really makes clear that this equipment is hard to get, but she pulled it off, so this is a real menace. Everything pays off when we see Madam Minx is wordless. Beautiful, a menace to heroines and villains. The last pages are beautiful.

I have only praise for this storytelling, and your work as an artist is flawless. I am anxious to see next issue.

Good work McTek, when do you thing the next issue will be done?

Hector.
Hector2

Postby mctek » February 9th, 2012, 7:21 pm

Hey gang,

Back for #2 of the Black Pussycat Saga, sorry for the wait, damn headache took me down for a bit. :p didn't know where was an actual Westside theater, the name came with the set. :P Small world after all.

Chain Reaction: The Black Pussycat Saga #2

It has been three months since Clarissa Creed bare witness to the of her former lover, Terra Creed aka the Ringmistress. But it appears that Clarissa has a few more skeletons in her closet then she like to have. Meanwhile more evil sinister things are happening... Find out here and more! Only at MCcomix!

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=35663
mctek

Postby Hector2 » February 19th, 2012, 11:39 pm

Hi there McTek:

I must confess that I was very confused when I saw the first twelve pages of issue # 2. I didn’t understand why Fluffy was feeling too guilty. Yeah sure, she actively helped to enslave her fellow heroines, and did a very good job at that, but it wasn’t like it was her idea. She was controlled all the time since she fall into Ring Mistress’s clutches. She really didn’t have a choice nor could stop Terra at any time. In Prize Displays # 5 page 16 we see that the nanites disappear and Clarisa’s becomes herself again. So why all this drama? Clearly was Terra who backstabs Clarissa.

And then, Clarissa explains it (all): She was the first one who cheated Terra. There was another woman in Clarissa’s life, and – I assume – it was this, and not the intervention of Clarissa’s father, the real cause of their breakup.

This explains so much! I thought that Clarissa’s first reaction when she was liberated by his wife, Terra, to search for her with the intention of helping her was a clear case of Stockholm syndrome. Terra changed Clarissa’s body and mind, enslaved all her friends, used her as a toy and even married her in Roxio’s city. That was a very cruel move for a lover, spurned or not. The only way someone could have put up with all that would have been someone who feels so guilty she is trying to justify it, and boy! Clarissa’s is guilty as hell!
This shows Terra’s character in a new light. I always felt there was something fundamentally wrong with her. She had even better dominance of technology that Twiss or Giolla, and her accomplishments were from different areas, from robotics to biotechnology, but there was something strangely endearing about her: Belinda could be cruel and ruthless but she didn’t indulge playing psychologically with her prisoners, Terra always wanted to show off, like trying to get all the fun and happiness she had been denied. Of course this is only my opinion.

The aftermath is really something else, I haven’t seen a comic where the protagonist quits super heroics, but I think the motives Clarissa had argued are logic and convincing… but not for the right reasons. Anyone who is an heroine in this universe and has this mindset is a real peril for herself and his fellow heroines. Just this tought: “She wouldn’t just let me go without a reason” acknowledges that Terra had a reason to do what she did. She made Clarissa her wife, for crying out loud. This is really unsettling, and Clarissa thinking like this is a clear signal nobody is safe with her.

Having said that, the last three panels are very interesting: Agent Cheesecake? Seriously? Who assigns the code names at D.E.S.I.R.E?
Our hidden villain of the week is quite interesting: He claims that for an agent of D.E.S.I.R.E, agent Cheesecake put quite a fight. So, he is clearly accustomed to fight something even deadlier than the agents, maybe superheroines?

And then, we have a zoombot! It’s incredible! Last time we see that technology in real world, was in their 40s. So with this clues, I can make some assumptions.

But first:
1. The first 12 pages are angsty, but deliver the point.
2. Pages 13 to 16 show Clarissa’s taste in clothes… that remind me of a cat, for some reason.
3. Agent Cheesecake looks lovely in stasis with her sexy uniform.
4. The Zoombot looks awesome! This girl’s face is beautiful in her detached gesture.

Now some guesses:
1. The girl who Clarissa was interested on was… her best friend, strictly heterosexual Tabitha Essex Kitten!
2. The guy who is the mastermind of all this operation is an old guard guy, maybe the old Felix Von Ick. Or maybe the head of the McNorm clan? I said this because he seems old enough to have a zoombot. If we could have a better view at his hand, maybe we could found that he uses a ring? (I assume is a he because the zomboot uses the word “master”.

This work is fantastic! I almost could not wait for next issue (but I will manage)

Hector.
Hector2

Postby hypno85 » February 20th, 2012, 3:30 pm

One person that hate D.E.S.I.R.E, agent for long time is Draven
He have the long- life
he have be dealing with the D.E.S.I.R.E, agent a Long time.
Knows Felix Von Ick works the black hat and the man who started D,E,S,I,R,E, group.
He may be the one in the chair
hypno85

Postby Hector2 » February 21st, 2012, 12:39 am

I didn’t thought of Draven because I think he is dealing with the Wicked Fun Park storyline right now… I forgot that any story could be happening in the past or the future…

The idea of someone so powerful and a planner so good that only need to recline in his chair to see his plans happening seems to fit his character, however, his motivations are only power, immortality or discovering the ancient secrets of Atlantis, so I don’t think this particular scheme could be his style.

But I could be wrong…

Thanks for answering me hypno85!

Hector.
Hector2

Postby mctek » February 23rd, 2012, 12:45 am

Hey gang!

Wow some strong guess here and there. For those noticing, yes i updated Violet Star inside the comic and not on the cover. Mostly cause i felt she need an update after sitting on the shelves for so long. I'll drop a profile pix later on. Anyways on to the comic!

Chain Reaction: The Black Pussycat Saga #3

Our story marches forward as we see good friends Tabitha Essex and Clarissa Creed take to the streets, but a surprise awaits them. Meanwhile the new menace, The Black Pussycat is on the prowl...and she has her sights set on Violet Star!.

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=36289
mctek

Postby hypno85 » February 23rd, 2012, 8:35 am

Now who control black pusscat or she have help with a tactical computer.
chaper 2 page 20 that Zoombot look like Solaria?
hypno85

Postby Hector2 » March 1st, 2012, 12:57 am

I think seeing Kitten and Fluffy talking about superheroines, mind control and who is stronger than who is like those guys who always talk about who is better, batman or superman and then are punched in the guts for people who doesn’t care. And when Contact lifted a mountain? I remember WW in her tv show lifting a tank, but how on earth can she compare a tank with a mountain? Don’t let me start in who is more intelligent because I love those two characters and find that joke mean and petty.

And then, they meet Ava Aphathia! I must say, this opens a world of possibilities: Is Ava Aphatia more happy than Ava LaPette? At least she is not torturing damsels, and maybe being a new person is better for her than being a super villain that never seems to be satisfied?
The fight between Violet Star and Black Pussycat is interesting. First I thought: Could be Black Pussycat a robot? Then I realized that Black Pussycat ears could be the robot. Maybe she is like a combination of Black Canary and Oracle in Birds of prey, and agent and a mission control?

And then, I thought that Terra’s invention of copying skills between people was awesome and useful. Copying whatever fighting skill you have to defeat your opponent is amazing, and I suspect that is precisely the way Black Pussycat is winning all her battles. I even could say you stole my idea, but being honest, that happened when the Justice League fought Prometheus and he beat the godamned batman himself.

And Fluffy with a Super villainess? Melody, seriously?

I cannot wait to see the next chapter, a work as good as always, congratulations!
Hector.
Hector2

Postby hypno85 » March 2nd, 2012, 9:32 pm

I think it May be is ringmaster in that chair.
we will have to wait and see
hypno85

Postby Hector2 » March 2nd, 2012, 10:58 pm

Hi there hypno85!

I have been looking in the Metrobay wiki, but I cannot find the “Ringmaster”, only the “Ringmistress”, Terra Mona Creed. Are you referring to her?

Thanks,

Hector
Hector2

Postby hypno85 » March 3rd, 2012, 12:44 am

Hector2 wrote:Hi there hypno85!

I have been looking in the Metrobay wiki, but I cannot find the “Ringmaster”, only the “Ringmistress”, Terra Mona Creed. Are you referring to her?

Thanks,

Hector

you are right it is Ring Mistress (Terra Mona Creed ) Im think of
Clarissa was then transformed into an almost unrecognizable caricature of her former self, her body enhanced to her new mistress's satisfaction and her mind twisted into complete obedience. She now serves her mistress as a loving and compliant slave, helping her former lover carry out whatever fiendish schemes she hatches.
hypno85

Postby Tecknophyle » March 3rd, 2012, 5:20 am

hypno85 wrote:you are right it is Ring Mistress (Terra Mona Creed ) Im think of
Clarissa was then transformed into an almost unrecognizable caricature of her former self, her body enhanced to her new mistress's satisfaction and her mind twisted into complete obedience. She now serves her mistress as a loving and compliant slave, helping her former lover carry out whatever fiendish schemes she hatches.

Not anymore (as of Prized Displays).
Tecknophyle

Postby sohta123 » March 3rd, 2012, 7:54 am

Tecknophyle wrote:
hypno85 wrote:you are right it is Ring Mistress (Terra Mona Creed ) Im think of

Not anymore (as of Prized Displays).

Yeah, too bad.
sohta123

Postby Mr. Cryptic » March 3rd, 2012, 9:06 pm

I really enjoyed the fun dialogue and the art in this most recent update (#3)! Violet Star looks really good!

Also, there was a reference to one of my characters, so I enjoyed that especially :) !
Mr. Cryptic

Postby hypno85 » March 4th, 2012, 10:28 am

New cover sheet, Look like there will more Prized Displays for women
hypno85

PreviousNext

Return to MCtek