The Drone Agenda: Better Than Real

Discuss "Rixo City" and other stories with MCtek!

Re: The Drone Agenda: Better Than Real

Postby Doctor Robo » February 14th, 2012, 4:44 am

leto17 wrote:I really enjoy the turn this episode is taking. It's fantastic to see Fran and Voltara in action! The sex scenes were hot! The transmission of mind control and being greybotted was also excellent. Thanks so very much again!

You're welcome! Even though Voltara's stint as a graybot was brief, I wanted to explore it a bit more and see what kind of trouble she could get into. I also like MCtek and Northern Chill's design for Fran, so this was a match made in Metrobay heaven!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » February 14th, 2012, 4:46 am

Hector2 wrote:This work rules! I always have thought that Pristina was so cool a character to be enslaved: she is so cool and cruel, it’s like a younger Madam Minx. It will be so fun to see her in the other side of the mind slaving.

I felt forced to ask, is this strange entity enslaving Alyssa and Pristina the same villain from The Drone Agenda Convert Another? I would think so, because the new cover you updated.

Good thinking, Hector. That's exactly why we chose Pristina for this story. Her personality is so off-putting that we though she would be the perfect character to have the tables turned on her.

As for your second question, I think you're on the right track...

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » March 14th, 2012, 1:37 pm

From Metrobay Comix, Doctor Robo and MCtek proudly present the fifth and final chapter of “The Drone Agenda: Better Than Real” for FREE at MCcomix.com!

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=43736

Alyssa and Pristina dared to fool around with something out of their realm of understanding, and it came back to haunt them big time. Alyssa has been turned into a mindless drone, and it looks like Pristina is next in line.

So what, if anything, will happen when someone finds out what has happened to these two spoiled brats? Pristina’s uncle Max Indeks certainly won’t be pleased… but what if he never finds out…?

I’d like to take this opportunity to thank the multitalented MCtek for the great art and postwork on this story. He is truly a pleasure to work with!

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=39366

For more information on Metrobay Comix, visit our Metrobay Encyclopedia wiki at http://metrobay.wetpaint.com/ or our deviantART page at http://metrobay-comix.deviantart.com/.
Doctor Robo

Postby Hector2 » March 25th, 2012, 8:54 pm

Dear MCtek and Doc Robo:

I have read the last issue of “The Drone Agenda” and I feel cheated… Cheated! Really, why Babydoll has to escape being enslaved? I understand that Max can be a Karma Houdini, but I was really hoping seeing Babydoll enslaved at last.

No really, since “To love and obey” #7, Babydoll has become the villain I love… to hate. Really, Max is an amoral villain, but Babydoll was implied to love Kitten… and she treats her like that? That’s vile, and so I was waiting for an epic punishment… and I still am waiting.

This is not a critic from my part, but I need to ask, is there any reason Pristina is protected by the plot? Why does she never get any comeuppance? Am I reading like a obsessed fan? If so, please don’t answer that last question.

However, there’s still much things to praise on this issue: The way Pristina is taking advantage of Alysaa is so on character is funny. But the best is Leela and her laboral situation.

A lot of times I have wondered, what is Leela thinking? Indeed, what were any female employee of APEX’s thinking? Belinda has been in jail for a lot of time, Fran and Monroe had been made drones for failing in her job, and let´s not talk about poor Shelley… so why is any sane woman, a woman with enough calcifications to work in APEX, working in a place so dangerous as APEX? What kind of money or influence could justify risking your liberty or very sanity?

And then it hit me: APEX is not a job. Is the place where your dark fantasies become reality. Leela discovers that his fantasies are better than reality (but of course, that why they are fantasies) and evades his very dire reality in a perverse game with the drones. Human nature, at it’s worst.

Great writing!
Hector2

Postby Doctor Robo » April 22nd, 2012, 11:33 am

Hector2 wrote:I have read the last issue of “The Drone Agenda” and I feel cheated… Cheated! Really, why Babydoll has to escape being enslaved? I understand that Max can be a Karma Houdini, but I was really hoping seeing Babydoll enslaved at last.

No really, since “To love and obey” #7, Babydoll has become the villain I love… to hate. Really, Max is an amoral villain, but Babydoll was implied to love Kitten… and she treats her like that? That’s vile, and so I was waiting for an epic punishment… and I still am waiting.

This is not a critic from my part, but I need to ask, is there any reason Pristina is protected by the plot? Why does she never get any comeuppance? Am I reading like a obsessed fan? If so, please don’t answer that last question.

Honestly? The reason that we chose Alyssa for 'permanent' graybotification is that MCtek and I created that character, and we have much more flexibility over how she is used. Could we have gone the other way, or had both of them turned into graybots? Sure, but we thought this would be a little more fun and true to Babydoll's character.

Thanks for reading!
- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby venusrbecky » April 26th, 2012, 3:37 pm

Perhaps you can do a One off, Out of cannon issues where Babydoll is not saved in time? I've heard this complaint A LOT about Better Than Real.
venusrbecky

Postby Lt_Phoenix » April 26th, 2012, 8:52 pm

venusrbecky wrote:Perhaps you can do a One off, Out of cannon issues where Babydoll is not saved in time? I've heard this complaint A LOT about Better Than Real.

Maybe have an alternate ending issue like in the Unity series. Then you get the best of two worlds. One version following the storyline and another "what if" version where the main characters are in fact doomed.
Lt_Phoenix

Postby Doctor Robo » April 27th, 2012, 3:18 am

venusrbecky wrote:Perhaps you can do a One off, Out of cannon issues where Babydoll is not saved in time? I've heard this complaint A LOT about Better Than Real.

Thanks for the tip. I hadn't heard that. It's definitely worth considering.

Where are you seeing these complaints?

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Lt_Phoenix » April 27th, 2012, 7:16 pm

Doctor Robo wrote:

Thanks for the tip. I hadn't heard that. It's definitely worth considering.

Where are you seeing these complaints?

- Doc

I don't think there's that many actual complaints, other than those that have been mentioned in this thread already. I for one wouldn't mind seeing an alternate version and preferably in the Member's section to further encourage people to join. I myself was slightly disappointed, but I see the need to keep in sync with the overall story. I also understand there must be an overall consistency throughout the whole storyline in the Metrobay world. But on the other hand would like to see Pristina get what's coming to her. It would however be more satisfying to see her wake up to late to be able to to do anything about the inevitable process though.
Lt_Phoenix

Postby Hector2 » April 27th, 2012, 10:06 pm

Hi Doctor Robo, McTek, Venusbecky and Lt. Phoenix:

As the person who started this post, I want to make an apology if I have forced the situation. The reason Doc Robo gave to me about why Babydoll escaped to being enslaved was right enough: The character is not theirs to decide her destiny so easily.

But then, Doc robo gives us a reason in their comic universe:

Could we have gone the other way, or had both of them turned into graybots? Sure, but we thought this would be a little more fun and true to Babydoll's character.

And he is right! Babydoll’s characterization, with maybe an exception at the “Platinum Earth” crossover, is one of a person whom the Universe seems to conspire to let her get her way! She has not bended in any story we had seen, and that kind of luck is the thing we love… to hate!

The reason I hate this character (and at the same time, has become my favorite villain outstripping even Madam Minx: the things she did to Kitten at “To love and obey”, the only person she felt a love connection, that showed to me that she was irredeemable, so the thing I want to see is she getting what’s coming to her by Karma Laws.

So, even hating her guts, I could accept her status as perennial winner, but even if she is not converted in graybot, I would love to see an story where she doesn’t get away with everything.

Oh, and great writing of her character! Congratulations!
Hector2

Postby CaptainGlacier » May 9th, 2012, 5:59 pm

I agree wth venusbecky, I would also like to see an alternate storyline to the Better Than Real series in which Babydoll is converted into a greybot along with her friemd. I was pretty disappointed that it was only her friend who got converted and she was saved right at the last minute. I would have really liked to have seen both girls be converted into greybots just like the cover suggested.
CaptainGlacier

Postby mctek » May 9th, 2012, 6:40 pm

hey gang!

Answer questions as best I can regarding Babydoll.

Aside from the already stated reasons by doc, we also had to consider timeline as well, since she does appear in stories that happen hereafter this one.

At some point I'm sure she'll get what's coming too her, I hear there are plans for her, what they are I'm not sure of yet.

We did talk of a "what if" type comic, but at current we're all engaged in major story-lines, So it maybe some time before we approach that type of story, it's not to say it won't happen just at the moment we want to deliver to you bigger stories with all the mc and sex you crave for.

Venusbecky I'm also curious as to where you got those complaints from? As I stated before to the readers, i have an open door policy, feel free to express your concerns and issues via pm box. And i will gladly answer your questions to the best of my ability.
mctek

Postby Doctor Robo » May 20th, 2012, 10:41 am

mctek wrote:We did talk of a "what if" type comic, but at current we're all engaged in major story-lines, So it maybe some time before we approach that type of story, it's not to say it won't happen just at the moment we want to deliver to you bigger stories with all the mc and sex you crave for.

Seconded. That said, we hear your comments loud and clear. When we get some free time we'll work on an alternate ending to "Better Than Real" as a show of gratitude to you, our loyal readers. Keep an eye on this space over the next couple of months for more details.

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby bluemax2 » August 6th, 2012, 12:01 am

Mctek:
I loved this all too brief sequence.
Are we going to get to see more of Alyssabot soon?
How bout Pristina getting greybotified by that voice in the sky?

Can't wait to see more of both of these not so innocent bystanders?

Thank you.

Bluemax
bluemax2

Postby Ghosthand » August 6th, 2012, 5:57 pm

I actually like the current ending with Babydoll keeping her friend as a graybot. It shows the calousness of Babydoll. she's not upset at allthat her friend has just been turned into a mindless robot, she's going to take her home and play with her like a new toy :) Also, beside the latest comix An Aquired Taste, the greybots have mainly just stood around in the lab. Perhapse Babydoll might get Alyssabot to join her as her henchwoman in her villianous endevors? That could get very interesting! and if it works out well perhaps she might find a few more friends accidently getting transformed :twisted:
Ghosthand

PreviousNext

Return to MCtek