New Free Comic! "Sword & Shield"

Discuss "Rixo City" and other stories with MCtek!

New Free Comic! "Sword & Shield"

Postby Akonkid » March 5th, 2010, 2:44 pm

Hey everyone. Trishbot and MC Tek have blessed us with an extra special hand-drawn hypno-themed comic! It takes place in the Metrobay universe, and will be carried on by myself and Finister Foul. So say hello to the first big Liberty Grove-Metrobay crossover!

But enough of that. Let's get to the sweet action:

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=4795

Hopefully a taste of more things to come. A big hand to these two for spending the last few months working on this!
If she would just do what I asked, I wouldn't need to use mind control!
Akonkid

Re: New Free Comic! "Sword & Shield" #1!

Postby leto17 » March 10th, 2010, 1:14 pm

This is a great story. Thanks!
leto17

Postby Akonkid » April 23rd, 2010, 12:11 am

Hey everyone, I'm pleased to announce Trishbot and MC Tek's second issue of the hand-drawn "Sword & Shield" comic is now up and available for your viewing pleasure in the Free Gallery here at MCComix.

Trishbot says,

"There's a new villain in Liberty Grove and the League of Liberty is up for the fight of their lives! But who is this mysterious visitor that's capable of besting the best and brightest the city has to offer, and why would Metrobay heroine Pink Pussycat feel the need to track her down? Fists fly, drama unfolds, and minds are erased in this exciting new installment to "Sword & Shield", only at MCcomix!"

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=5781
If she would just do what I asked, I wouldn't need to use mind control!
Akonkid

Postby TheAngelicOne » April 23rd, 2010, 5:13 am

An awesome 2nd issue! The MC and the appearance changing machine were done splendidly, and with the Pink Pussycat in the comic, I'm dying to see the next issue, and if any of that happens to her, lol. XD
TheAngelicOne

Re: New Free Comic! "Sword & Shield"

Postby Doctor Robo » May 3rd, 2010, 5:22 am

I'm impressed at the quality of this comic, both in the art and the writing. MCcomix is lucky to have two talented individuals like MCtek and Trishbot working on such an excellent story for us. Whilt the multi-panel, hand-drawn style is a staple of the mainstream comic book industry you don't see it much here, but MCtek and Trishbot have pulled it off beautifully. The story is pretty darn good too!

I encourange everyone to check it out if you haven't already. Remember... it's free! :D

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby mctek » May 4th, 2010, 1:00 am

Thanks Doc! looking forward to more here on mccomix, certainly enjoying my stay, my only gripe is i don't know exactly everything, thou trishbot has been awesome enough to point out stuff and inform me of some changes here and there so that the story doesn't come into conflict with what others have going. :P speaking of her, trishbot been keeping me on my toes, certainly a great writer to work with. Currently working hard on #3 atm, had a small delay due to midterms going on this week, but with luck i'll get re caught up. I did goof on that sch i set for the comic, it should be bi weekly, at least 2 a month, time permitting for trishbot.

Like Doc has mention i do alot of traditional comic book work, the style i use for MCcomix differs a bit from what i normally do with pencil line art, fear not i am putting my best effort, still effy with modern buildings as i'm jumping from fantasy to superheroine. But getting better as i progress thru the storyline trishbot and myself have written down. I will be experimenting from time to time, such as for #3(find out soon!) As i tinker more with manga studio 4 debut, (well, EX has more stuff to it, but as the poor starving artist i am can't afford it and bills atm.)

TheAngelicOne - thanks One! i'm sure #3 will fill your need for knowledge and MC! Many things can happen from this point on so stay tuned! The modification chamber technically doesn't show up, Ring mistress is using the younger sister verison, which is new, very experimental and badass. More will be explainith to thee in the coming issues! lol Also having a blast drawing Pink, she by far is the easiest to draw and color!

If you guys like i can give a step by step demo of what i do for the comic, give a shout out and i'll see what i can do.

MCtek~
mctek

Postby mctek » August 26th, 2010, 10:43 pm

hey gang! While trishbot maybe away for a bit, she did leave a parting gift!

Sword and Shield #6

Sept 10

It appears that Ring Mistress has a past relationship to heroine Fluffy, but what does it mean for poor o Fluffy who is now in the hands of her ex girlfriend turned villain? And what of her friends Kitten and Clawdette? Meanwhile the twins bump into someone from Liberty Grove but is this person friend or Foe?!?

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=11320

MCtek~
mctek

Return to MCtek