Prized Displays

Discuss "Rixo City" and other stories with MCtek!

Re: Prized Displays

Postby nageth » September 15th, 2011, 10:14 pm

I agree that I like the story arc and the new characters are great (and you did Sparrow justice...I really hope she isn't just a statue for the rest of this). It is a great dynamic having the underlining not deathly afraid of her boss but instead genuinely wanting to work with her.

As far as Ring Mistress, I think it was almost better off without an explanation of Galatea's special mind reading cloaking abilities. It felt a bit too flippant. I can understand her being more excited over Galatea's unique behavior instead of scared to death like Max. It is how the two characters are different (otherwise they'd be essentially the same "walking deus ex"). I've interpreted Ring Mistress' driving trait as being curiosity and a bit of revenge (with the revenge seemingly resolved). That is how I see her, at least. So I can see how she'd have a role to play with Galatea and her evolving consciousness. I just hope that device inside Galatea is explained more in the future (as it seems likely that it is the reason for Galatea having the "Pinocchio moment") along with just how much of her technology was actually made by Ring Mistress.

As far as what drives Ring MIstress' character, I can see that as being a problem if her character takes an active role in this story since at this point she does seem to have resolved her need to attack (she now has money and love). Comparing this to Max, on the other hand, who seems driven by lust (for power and women) has a drive that seems to never go away. I can see lots of ways out of Ring Mistress being too "perfect" and having no drive. As you can guess I'm a fan of the she is smart but also a bit of an opportunistic vulture idea over the time travel idea as the later wouldn't solve any more problems than her forgetting where she got a gadget as it would only further increase her powers. If she acquired "help" from some unknown source it could be pretty interesting as to if she is getting played (knowingly or otherwise) as it would also give her a drive beyond the nano-bot-the-heriones line.
nageth

Postby leto17 » September 17th, 2011, 11:04 am

I was going to comment on this story, but everyone has pretty much said what i was going to say.

I'm really happy that McTek has joined the team. His work and ideas are fantastic and mesh well with Fin.

The story being told from the perspective of HoneyBot as an evil robotic servant is great, and i like her relationship with Enorma. The series It's an excellent continuation of Resort Tales.

I really like Honeydoll, and the fact that there are multiple incarnations and versions of her. The whole trophy hunter angle is cool, and I am so happy to see more of the Ring Mistress.

I hope Nene gets fixed from Resort Tales, too.
leto17

Postby steverogers5 » September 23rd, 2011, 2:08 pm

Well, I'm loving this story! I especially liked the take downs in this. Nothing like the element of surprise to hoodwink a couple of unsuspecting cocky heroines! Very artfully done!

Plus, it's so nice to see LOSH heroines getting in on the mix! :)

And I think Ring Mistress is a very intriguing character. (Of course I'm probably biased by her gorgeous, but deadly looks! :D )
steverogers5

Postby Hector2 » September 28th, 2011, 9:58 pm

Hi there Mctek

First of all, I want to apologize: this is my favorite comic right now and I haven’t reviewed or shared my thoughts with you as I promised. It has been a busy week.

Tomorrow is the update so I’ll write this.

First of all: I did not like how Notre Dame was taken out so easy. But that is not your fault: In Uroboros original universe, Notre Dame is surprised and captured with ridiculous ease. I mean, she is supposed to be his world’s greatest detective, but is continually captured. And yet, I loved her being captured. She would look lovely in my trophy salon.

I also find Dark Honey a little smug for my tastes, but I would love to see her again in action.

The best you have are page 8 to 10. A dart with poison capable of immediately inmovilizing a victim? Why I didn’t tought of that? Irene’s grandpa rules!

Talking about Irene, I find her very smug, but this is in character: She is supposed to be the “black sheep” of his family, the girl who only party and doesn’t want to chase a marine monster. If I had the chance, I will hunt the giant squid.

Sparrow is as charming as ever, but I love his display in page 15. I love even more Notre Dame display. She is classy.

You know what I think about Ring Mistress, but Galatea’s petition seemed to intrigue her. I think is a good development of her character. I would also like if you elaborate a little more about her as a clone, compared to robots like Mechana and LISA.

Talking about this, Galatea seems to me a meaningful name not for Honey Clone but for LISA or Mechana or Brown Sugar. After all, those robots were made for people who cannot maintain a relationship with an human being (Belinda, Ted and Petto) and wish a lover more according with their tastes.

I think that a lot of the villains are smug, but maybe is because of all the fetish, this is my favorite, I always see myself as the villain and I don’t think of myself as smug.

But thinking it twice, someone must be a complete monster to turn another human being into a statue stealing her years of her life.

Good work, I cannot wait to see the next issue.

Hector 2
Hector2

Postby mctek » September 29th, 2011, 1:37 pm

Hey gang!

Thanks Hector, trying my best. Originally this was planned as a 5 issue deal, i'm extending it by 2 issues to cover some more ground and such, so stay tuned for those issues. After that I'll be launching my Black Pussycat storyline :D. Anywho without further ado.

Prized Displays # 5

Now that the threat from within the home is on display, Irene and her companions go after the real prize: Valiant Woman. As for Valiant Woman, her life is about to be flipped upside down in more ways then one. Check out out here only at MCcomix!

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=29821
mctek

Postby tomcat » September 30th, 2011, 5:01 am

Now that was hott! >.<
...aaand quick. Kind of. One could expect some valiant brawl or so, but hey... It's like that all the time. Even strongest heroine can't fight herself, right?

...and quick defeats lead to very very good ends (for us readers, that is, at the least...)
tomcat

Postby Tecknophyle » September 30th, 2011, 9:15 am

...I love continuity.

Someone is going to have some mommy issues when certain things get found out.
Tecknophyle

Postby steverogers5 » September 30th, 2011, 3:26 pm

Tecknophyle wrote:...I love continuity.

Me too! And there was a wonderful amount of it in this instalment!. (Heck, maybe even future continuity in another story if that crack about the magician at the party was anything to go by.. ;) )

Great work on this one MCtek. I especially liked the idea of using the bonds between the Guardian Gals as a way to entrap Valient Woman. Really set her up for a sucker punch, or kick! (Well that, and a very effective use of miasma gas. Ahh.. I do like seeing a little bit of the gassing/sleepy fetish again! 8-) )
steverogers5

Postby dumbtime » September 30th, 2011, 8:17 pm

I love the happy stick. I wish I would have thought of that. :)

Great update, Tek. :D
dumbtime

Postby Hector2 » October 1st, 2011, 10:18 pm

Hi there McTek!

I’m in a hurry and I promise to make a better review next time, but I must agree with Tomcat. I suppose that taking down an heroine like Valiant Woman, whose level of power must be one of the highest, would have been much more difficult.

This not only seems to be bad for Valaya, but also for Irene, who we know is smug, seems a far more competent villain that I suspect she is.

Maybe could you show us that those heroines are capable of defending themselves against attacks? I know they could be defeated, but only object that always seems very easy to do so.

But I love your work, as always.

Hector2
Hector2

Postby sohta123 » October 8th, 2011, 10:31 pm

Call me shallow but I enjoy it more when the villains win most of the time and that the heroes are the ones on the run.
If I was wanting to see the heroes win I'd pick up a mainstream comic instead.
Don't get me wrong, I do like good storytelling more than anything but to know that the heroes are pretty much always going to get out of a situation is rather flat to me. If either wins all the time there's not much imagination there.

It also doesn't always have to be the heroine controlled either, I like to see villains turn on each other every once-in-awhile.
But that's got to be varied as well or it gets boring. Some are lightly controlled and emerge shortly none worse for wear. Others (my personal favorites) are taken so far that they can never come back or be normal again.

As for RingMistress I find here very interesting myself. Sure she's got it all together but there should be a villain or two that are very good at what they do. I like to see the different motivations she has. Some are pleasure, others money, and I think in her case scientific curiosity. MCTek you certainly have won my support for this character alone.
I do like the idea that her success in creating perfect duplicates is from the future but that doesn't mean that she has to be. :?: :shock: :?:

I really am liking the Prized Displays story more than I thought I would. The method of compartmentalization used on Honey is pure genius. I'd like to see one character done like this and then that section deleted. Think about the dynamic with one of the team members if they were absolutely permanently wiped clean (much like Crissy) and then rescued without their former personality. Maybe they'd have some of the memories but not the emotions or morals that were behind them.
sohta123

Postby mctek » October 9th, 2011, 12:56 am

Call me shallow but I enjoy it more when the villains win most of the time and that the heroes are the ones on the run.

:evil: Thou most of those characters aren't mine so at some point i have to spoil the fun...^_^;

If I was wanting to see the heroes win I'd pick up a mainstream comic instead.
Don't get me wrong, I do like good storytelling more than anything but to know that the heroes are pretty much always going to get out of a situation is rather flat to me. If either wins all the time there's not much imagination there.

True and true, thou most ppl that know me personally, know i started out mostly doing Mainstream type art. Doc and Fin are to blame for my turning to the darkside :P with nudging from Trish and North.

It also doesn't always have to be the heroine controlled either, I like to see villains turn on each other every once-in-awhile.
But that's got to be varied as well or it gets boring. Some are lightly controlled and emerge shortly none worse for wear. Others (my personal favorites) are taken so far that they can never come back or be normal again.

Expect to see some of that in the Black Pussycat storyline ^_^

As for RingMistress I find here very interesting myself. Sure she's got it all together but there should be a villain or two that are very good at what they do. I like to see the different motivations she has. Some are pleasure, others money, and I think in her case scientific curiosity. MCTek you certainly have won my support for this character alone.
I do like the idea that her success in creating perfect duplicates is from the future but that doesn't mean that she has to be.

To be fair, gunna have to yield to some of those comments, Looking at it now, Terra has been goddess moding for a long while, granted i'm getting just alittle better with making villians and such, Terra stands out as that type of character. So looking forward i hope to get better at creating more grounded characters, heroine and villain alike. Irene is alittle more ground in many ways, granted i think i did a bit of goddess moding with her, my bad, I should have pointed out she's using most of the same methods her family used to take Valiant Woman down the first time. So really it was more a family secret effort then Irene simply beating her because she can. Again, my bad, should have really made that clear.

I really am liking the Prized Displays story more than I thought I would. The method of compartmentalization used on Honey is pure genius. I'd like to see one character done like this and then that section deleted. Think about the dynamic with one of the team members if they were absolutely permanently wiped clean (much like Crissy) and then rescued without their former personality. Maybe they'd have some of the memories but not the emotions or morals that were behind them.

Glad you liked my story, hopefully what i do meets some expectations of what can push in terms of story and teh sex. I tend to jump into one too many forms of MC, Going to make the effort to me more focus with my dealing with MC related devices. Keep the Deus Ex machina down a notch.

Again, thanks guys for reading my stuff. Hope you enjoy whats to come next.

MCtek~
mctek

Postby tomcat » October 11th, 2011, 10:30 am

I wouldn't drive it that far.
My only animadversion (well more just a sigh :)) was pointed at the speed of whole action. I simply expected more of a heroine as strong. On a second thought, maybe it was the only option for them to act harshly, before she recovers. *shrugs*
anywayz, other than that, this story (and this episode in particular) is awesome and I simply like whole idea behind it (here's another minute of silence for Drake)

Maybe we got too used to overdeveloped and thought-through backgrounds and universes and I don't think a bit of simplification is bad.

Also, I am strongly against heroines winning too much. XD Quite contrary. Most stories would have been more appealing to me if there was some stronger touch of... finality... in the misadventures.
I know it won't change, here, and I am glad for it, because there are quite a few heroines that grew close to my heart and I couldn't part with them for all tea of China, but I have to admit that those 'dispensable heroine' sites have their charms, for me, too.

Howgh

Tom
tomcat

Postby mctek » October 13th, 2011, 4:28 pm

Hey gang!

Thanks for reading my story, i got two more before i get to work on my Black pussycat story line. Two more issues to go!

P.S. I just noticed i kind of left hardcore sex out, my bad, but got something special coming up to make it up to you guys, stay tuned for details.

Prized Displays #5

With Valiant Woman recaptured, It dawns on Irene MCnorm, that only the family's tactics won the day for her, and decides she needs to make help out of some of her trophies...Meanwhile the ever troubled Galatea, lets her newly developed emotions get the better of her, and all hell breaks loose for the oddly formed Creed family. Check it out here! only at MCcomix.

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=30464
mctek

Postby nageth » October 13th, 2011, 7:08 pm

Whoa, first we have Ms. Metrobay doing something and now we have Ring Mistress lose. It's the end of the universe!

Great addition to the story (and I liked the sort of riff off of Marcy and Mechana but in reverse). I like where it is going (even without the naughty stuff). Only complaint I have is that while I know this was supposed to be a short story and you actually slowed it down it felt like two stories worth of content smushed into one. Wish we could have seen Galatea's emotion instead of read it in expository text (kind of had it in reverse, wish we could have seen Galatea confess instead of read the lead up). I like how there is some mystery surrounding Ring Mistress now, though.
nageth

PreviousNext

Return to MCtek