A New Drone In Town

Discuss "Rixo City" and other stories with MCtek!

Re: A New Drone In Town

Postby Tecknophyle » August 18th, 2011, 4:48 pm

This, and the recent "Lonely Man", do exactly what I've been complaining about wanting to see for some time: superheroes doing superheroic things. It doesn't take much, in both cases merely an offhand reference, but that's all that it takes and I'm glad to see writers doing that.
Tecknophyle

Postby Hector2 » September 2nd, 2011, 10:20 pm

Reading Issue 3 gives me even more questions: Fran was let free? That’s a uncharacteristic conduct for Max Indeks indeed, but I suppose you cannot dispose of all your personal all the time. If the strange conduct of his coworkers is enough to give her the creeps, why doesn’t she tries to check something by herself instead of relying on detective Sonia? She seems to suspect that Max is up to no good (duh!) but isn’t talking and helping a detective risking too much? I think Max’s reputation maybe is good with the general citizen, but his employees must know better.

To be perfectly honest, I don’t understand. What is Fran’s alibi if Sonia is discovered in Apex?

Max, JT and Mikey, Oh yes, what a great working environment. Apex sure knows how to pick them!

Then we have Sonya and Allison! It’s great! I have noticed there are some complains about the superheroines not doing enough heroic things. I think is equally important to notice that the villains are doing despicable things too! Max surely has wrecked enough lives that some of them are looking for revenge.

About Sonya, so she is not an attention whore, she only needs to destroy Max’s façade. I think this is good characterization.

I loved the detail of Phoebe an Omega Woman fan! After all, she is a legend! And being misplaced in time is a theme that someone must explore later.
Phoebe, Maggie and Fabiola are new drones, does this render the title “A new drone in town” meaningless?

And why on earth Fran monologues? I mean, you can be smug, but monologing isn´t something reserved for supervillains?

This tale seems very interesting and I cant wait the revelations about Sonia’s past.

Thanks for everything

Hector

PD. It would be much to ask to see Sonia with white lingerie, white opera gloves and white boots?
Hector2

Postby Northern Chill » September 3rd, 2011, 11:45 am

Hector2 wrote:Reading Issue 3 gives me even more questions: Fran was let free? That’s a uncharacteristic conduct for Max Indeks indeed, but I suppose you cannot dispose of all your personal all the time.

One thing Max is, as he stated, is cautious with unproven procedures. Given that other more serious stuff could happen during this test, he chose the graybot with the least emotional attachment for him. Given Max views Fran as an employee and Dani/Ginger as something more before they were droned, it wasn't that hard a choice for him.

If the strange conduct of his coworkers is enough to give her the creeps, why doesn’t she tries to check something by herself instead of relying on detective Sonia? She seems to suspect that Max is up to no good (duh!) but isn’t talking and helping a detective risking too much? I think Max’s reputation maybe is good with the general citizen, but his employees must know better.

Fran followed an old axiom in business today...if you're trying to get the implicating info on a major business, use an outside source for the digging. The APEX employees fall into two categories most likely: those who follow Max's every order/whim with no question and some enthusiasm...and the others who are too frightened/cowardly to question things.

To be perfectly honest, I don’t understand. What is Fran’s alibi if Sonia is discovered in Apex?

That will be seen if needed..and that was something I did give a lot of thought to. After this arc is over, I'll give more detail on this angle.

Max, JT and Mikey, Oh yes, what a great working environment. Apex sure knows how to pick them!

JT and Mikey are like 2/3 of the Three Stooges...though with more of a personal preservation outlook..

Then we have Sonya and Allison! It’s great! I have noticed there are some complains about the superheroines not doing enough heroic things. I think is equally important to notice that the villains are doing despicable things too! Max surely has wrecked enough lives that some of them are looking for revenge.

About Sonya, so she is not an attention whore, she only needs to destroy Max’s façade. I think this is good characterization.

Thanks! I think having a character with more than a singular dimension makes for a better read in the long run. Regardless how this arc ends, Sonya's development will continue down the line...

I loved the detail of Phoebe an Omega Woman fan! After all, she is a legend! And being misplaced in time is a theme that someone must explore later.
Phoebe, Maggie and Fabiola are new drones, does this render the title “A new drone in town” meaningless?

The title has meaning...the roster of who is a lovely graybot/drone has yet to be finalized in this arc, as you will see..... :twisted:

And why on earth Fran monologues? I mean, you can be smug, but monologing isn´t something reserved for supervillains?

Ahhh, monologues...let's just say I believe it is the right of everyone to monologue at times...now, whether they should is a matter of looking back at some point..:)

This tale seems very interesting and I cant wait the revelations about Sonia’s past.

Thanks for everything

Hector

PD. It would be much to ask to see Sonia with white lingerie, white opera gloves and white boots?

Not sure about this arc but in the future maybe...I like the idea of her in a white corset myself..:D

Northern Chill
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

"What does this story need?...more Franbot!!!"
Northern Chill

Postby Hector2 » September 3rd, 2011, 4:24 pm

Hi there Northern Chill!

Thanks for answering my questions so soon! Your reward is… even more questions!

1. Is Greg Northern like, an Author Avatar for you (a character that represents the author, or better, what the author wishes to be)?
2. The idea of the motivations behind Apex employees is reasonable, but why on earth JT and Mike disobeyed Max? I mean, I would be terrified of him. Could it be that their lust won over their better judgment?
3. I forget to include in my comment that Fran is monologuing just in front of a security camera. Sure it was occult, but Fran didn’t think that Apex could have her own vigilance system against his own employees? Apex sound like the workplace environment ideal for corporate espionage. She at least could assume his cell, (or is it her office phone) is intervened?
4. This is not a question, is a petition, a plea, Oh man, I’m begging here! Of course I know that it’s your character and what to do with her is entirely up to you, but I hope that if you see those pictures about Emma Frost, the White Queen, you must understand my obsession about Sonya.

Anyway, I hope that Sonya is not converted in a drone or something in his inaugural arc, only to see her character development in future stories.

Thanks and congratulations for a good job.

Hector2
Attachments
White-Queen-Retro1-1.jpg
An action figure
emmab.jpg
A picture from the comic
Hector2

Postby Northern Chill » September 3rd, 2011, 5:22 pm

Hector2 wrote:Hi there Northern Chill!

Thanks for answering my questions so soon! Your reward is… even more questions!

1. Is Greg Northern like, an Author Avatar for you (a character that represents the author, or better, what the author wishes to be)?

The Greg Northern character...?....to be honest, Tek sprung that on me late one night as kinda of an inside joke. Writers do often put themselves into a character they write frequently but Greg is not me here (though there is a character in my text stories in another niche that is pretty close but I digress).

2. The idea of the motivations behind Apex employees is reasonable, but why on earth JT and Mike disobeyed Max? I mean, I would be terrified of him. Could it be that their lust won over their better judgment?

It's defintitely a case where carnal lust overrides common sense for those two....and one could surmise Max might expect a certain amount in this area...might

3. I forget to include in my comment that Fran is monologuing just in front of a security camera. Sure it was occult, but Fran didn’t think that Apex could have her own vigilance system against his own employees? Apex sound like the workplace environment ideal for corporate espionage. She at least could assume his cell, (or is it her office phone) is intervened?

This will be addressed but keep in mind the old adage "sometimes, a person speaks first and their mind only catches up afterwards"..or something like that..;)

4. This is not a question, is a petition, a plea, Oh man, I’m begging here! Of course I know that it’s your character and what to do with her is entirely up to you, but I hope that if you see those pictures about Emma Frost, the White Queen, you must understand my obsession about Sonya.

Anyway, I hope that Sonya is not converted in a drone or something in his inaugural arc, only to see her character development in future stories.

All I can say is keep in mind that for any character, how they develop long term is as important as the short term viewpoint. Whether it's Phoebe, Sonya or Tamry, I create characters looking how to make them interesting beyond the mind control moments.

Thanks and congratulations for a good job.

Hector2

Thank you, Hector. Your feedback here in the forums is welcome and appreciated by all creative types here.

Northern Chill
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

Northern Chill

Postby mctek » September 4th, 2011, 5:06 pm

Yup Greg Northern was me poking fun at North :D

MCtek~
mctek

Postby leto17 » September 17th, 2011, 11:10 am

Thanks for this excellent series. I can never get enough of the graybots myself. I do think its interesting that they can now be converted back to human form. That opens up a great deal of flexibility in control of subjects. My Frannie is back to normal, for the moment, while her true (for me anyway!) graybot self sleeps. Oh well, there is the new hot little Asian number too

Thanks again
leto17

Postby bluemax2 » September 21st, 2011, 11:26 am

Mctek:
Won't you be posting the next installment sooner? Say before the end of September?
I just love the story and look forward to the next episodes.

Keep up the great work.
Thanks.

bluemax
bluemax2

Postby Northern Chill » October 1st, 2011, 10:47 am

Hello everybody..today, we bring you chapter 4 of A New Drone In Town for members to read and enjoy.

Sonya Crandall is a beautiful but tough detective in the Metrobay police department and has hatched a plan aiming to topple the most powerful man in Metrobay - Max Indeks. She has gathered the info needed for her plan and now Sonya sets out to bring her plan to fruition. Can Sonya succeed in a mission that is more fraught with danger than she might have planned for?

Even as this goes on, time has run out for J.T. and Mikey to explain what has happened to their latest supervisor Tien. Can they keep Max happy or will they bear the brunt of a very unhappy Max?

Find out in chapter 4 of A New Drone in Town...members can find it at http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=29945

Kudos to MCTek on the phenomanl art he once again did in this chapter...he's doing great work in this arc and the best is yet to come.

Thanks for supporting MCComix.

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby kakyo001 » October 1st, 2011, 10:56 am

even though this story isn't over it seems we never see the day when Max actually gets what's coming for him...
kakyo001

Postby venusrbecky » October 1st, 2011, 1:23 pm

You should do a bonus section showing Tein's change...
venusrbecky

Postby Hector2 » October 1st, 2011, 9:22 pm

Hi there Northern Chill!

I’m in a hurry and I promise to make a better review next time, but I must agree with kakyo001, when will be our day of revenge, and Max will get what’s coming to him??
And I have very mixed feelings about Sonya being made a drone. Sure, its what this site is about, and man, his robotization was the best I have seen in this site: A confidant, intelligent character that will not give up until the very end. That is a gal who I would wish to control.

But in the other hand, she was a strong character that really deserved more time with his own will to plan and scheme against Max. Driven by revenge, not really an attention whore, and whom seemed much more complex that your usual villain / heroine, I would have loved to see her fall for a more elaborated trap… or a villain with a little more personality.

Don’t get me wrong… Max is an smug idiot, but excepting Pink Pussycat, he never gets any real thrill roboticing women… the sad part was seeing Sonya calling him out about her sister, and Max really didn’t care about Sonya’s motives. Totally logic and in character, true, but Sonia deserved a more complex villain, like Madame Minx. (Belinda is almost a feminine Max about his detached contempt for others).

I hope that Sonya would be soon back with her free will, so we can know more of her. And I hope this doesn’t seem like a rant, because I enjoyed this issue like no other!

Hector2
Hector2

Postby Northern Chill » October 1st, 2011, 9:42 pm

Hi there Northern Chill!

I’m in a hurry and I promise to make a better review next time, but I must agree with kakyo001, when will be our day of revenge, and Max will get what’s coming to him??
And I have very mixed feelings about Sonya being made a drone. Sure, its what this site is about, and man, his robotization was the best I have seen in this site: A confidant, intelligent character that will not give up until the very end. That is a gal who I would wish to control.

Hi Hector...hmmm...lots to digest there. Let's get started:
- Toppling of Max from his lofty perch is a tricky task...sure, Max getting knocked down and given his just desserts is something that might be long overdue but then what? There's no more criminal mastermind in Metrobay that rival Indeks in many ways. Will it come about? I hope so at some point (I read stories just like anyone and have my opins as well). When and how remains to be seen though...

But in the other hand, she was a strong character that really deserved more time with his own will to plan and scheme against Max. Driven by revenge, not really an attention whore, and whom seemed much more complex that your usual villain / heroine, I would have loved to see her fall for a more elaborated trap… or a villain with a little more personality.

Don’t get me wrong… Max is an smug idiot, but excepting Pink Pussycat, he never gets any real thrill roboticing women… the sad part was seeing Sonya calling him out about her sister, and Max really didn’t care about Sonya’s motives. Totally logic and in character, true, but Sonia deserved a more complex villain, like Madame Minx. (Belinda is almost a feminine Max about his detached contempt for others).

For a character just introduced in this series arc, it's great to see that Sonya has struck a chord with you. I will say this much: Sonya will probably return at some point and Max cutting her off wasn't just because he didn't care to hear her rant...time will tell why....

I hope that Sonya would be soon back with her free will, so we can know more of her. And I hope this doesn’t seem like a rant, because I enjoyed this issue like no other!

Hector2

Honest feedback is what I always want, Hector...I knew ahead of time you wouldn't be enthralled with Sonya's status change in this update but I'm glad to see you enjoyed this chapter. There'll be more to tell in the story and dare I say, a surprise or two.

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby MacroLass » October 2nd, 2011, 2:32 am

Northern Chill wrote:
Hector2 wrote:I’m in a hurry and I promise to make a better review next time, but I must agree with kakyo001, when will be our day of revenge, and Max will get what’s coming to him??

Toppling of Max from his lofty perch is a tricky task...sure, Max getting knocked down and given his just desserts is something that might be long overdue but then what? There's no more criminal mastermind in Metrobay that rival Indeks in many ways. Will it come about? I hope so at some point (I read stories just like anyone and have my opins as well). When and how remains to be seen though...

Max Indeks is Doc Robo's character. Unless HE does a story where Max takes the fall, it didn't happen in my book. Period. Not that Northern's writing isn't good but but you really do need to respect other people's property, whether it's physical or intellectual.
MacroLass

Postby kakyo001 » October 2nd, 2011, 3:46 am

Northern Chill wrote:
Hi there Northern Chill!

Hi Hector...hmmm...lots to digest there. Let's get started:
- Toppling of Max from his lofty perch is a tricky task...sure, Max getting knocked down and given his just desserts is something that might be long overdue but then what? There's no more criminal mastermind in Metrobay that rival Indeks in many ways. Will it come about? I hope so at some point (I read stories just like anyone and have my opins as well). When and how remains to be seen though...

'defeating Max' doesn't mean that he has to be taken down for good... I think Max can be compared to Lex Luthor in some ways (he want's to control everything... thinks of himself being superior to everyone else... only the "I want to be Superman"-mindset is missing) and even Luthor doesn't manage to get out of everything unscratched.

The last time Max hit the ground was during 'Night of the Drones' when Ted knocked him out (as far as I remember it)... Luthor lost his own corporation LexCorp multiple times... was exposed as a villain during his presidency... he was thrown into jail a few times... but he got himself out of it after some time (by his lawyers or a deal with a general during a crisis). His way up to the top is as interesting as his way down... seeing someone being always at the top might lead to stagnation :(
kakyo001

PreviousNext

Return to MCtek