A New Drone In Town

Discuss "Rixo City" and other stories with MCtek!

Re: A New Drone In Town

Postby Doctor Robo » October 2nd, 2011, 11:18 am

MacroLass wrote:Max Indeks is Doc Robo's character. Unless HE does a story where Max takes the fall, it didn't happen in my book. Period. Not that Northern's writing isn't good but but you really do need to respect other people's property, whether it's physical or intellectual.

There's nothing to be worried about, MacroLass. Take my word for it.

First of all, for the sake of complete clarity, Max Indeks was initially created by Finister Foul, and I later came along and gave him some of the personality traits that we see today.

Second, like with most Metrobay Comix, MCtek and Northern Chill have been completely open with me and Finister about their intentions with our characters. Not just Max, but Ginger, Dani, and whomever else. We writers and artists communicate regularly to make sure that everyone is on the same page in regards to character and plot development. We also consistently update each other when we are borrowing each others' characters and storylines. Hell, I'm probably worse at the communication game than any of them, a flaw that I very often have to beg forgiveness for. :)

So, in summary, not much is going to happen in a Metrobay Comic without someone running it by the rest of us first - and vice-versa. We're a team, and we hope to remain so for a long time to come.

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Hector2 » October 2nd, 2011, 7:18 pm

Hi there!

I think that given the nature of my comments, maybe they sound agressive for the authors on this site. This is all my fault, because my intention never has been to be offend any author on this site. I only wanted to convey my opinion about Max Indek’s character, and I never wanted to tell any author how to write.

If any of my rants sounds offensive to anyone, I apology to them.

Hector2
Hector2

Postby Northern Chill » October 2nd, 2011, 7:58 pm

Hector2 wrote:Hi there!

I think that given the nature of my comments, maybe they sound agressive for the authors on this site. This is all my fault, because my intention never has been to be offend any author on this site. I only wanted to convey my opinion about Max Indek’s character, and I never wanted to tell any author how to write.

If any of my rants sounds offensive to anyone, I apology to them.

Hector2

Hector,

No apologies are needed whatsoever. Feedback is what keeps the creators going here at the site...we all strive to make the best stories and your words help shape those stories. Believe me, the creative types have debated longer (and louder) many types over the characters you see here....discussion is always a good thing.

Northern Chill
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

"What does this story need?...more Franbot!!!"
Northern Chill

Postby pelusa1ca » October 12th, 2011, 8:47 pm

Well I just love the story...after all "now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb." To quote Dark Helmet.

Err I think he lost, but please ignore that. Love how the investigation is taking a turn for the worse and how the villian is winning. :o

P
Supporter of MCComix and HIPcomix
pelusa1ca

Postby leto17 » October 14th, 2011, 10:24 am

This has been excellent so far. I really enjoy your work guys!! You have been quite prolific lately and I appreciate it very much, even if I don't give nearly as much feedback as I should. Thanks. You certainly have a knack for creating increasingly complex characters in increasingly multifaceted and complex plots, especially when one takes all of the stories you have created and views them as a whole.
leto17

Postby Northern Chill » November 18th, 2011, 4:13 pm

Hello, everybody...with Trishbot experiencing severe computer problems, MCTek and I volunteered to move up the finale for New Drone by a week. Big kudos to MCTek for doing an amazing job in a very short period of time.

In the finale of New Drone, Fran is confronted with the fact her scheme to topple Max has gone awry and she faces an uncertain fate at the hands of a man she knows isn't clueless. Can Fran continue on and escape blame? What plans does Max have for his cadre of lovely greybots? What is Phoebe and Maggie doing these days? All this as matters are resolved and the story comes to a dramatic end.

Members can find this update at http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=31976

Once again, a big cheer for MCTek for all his hard work on this story.

Northern Chill
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

Northern Chill

Postby hypno85 » November 18th, 2011, 8:50 pm

I bow down and say thank you for your work to get done now.

Thank you MCTek
hypno85

Postby Tecknophyle » November 18th, 2011, 10:04 pm

The chronology has been updated to reflect the end of this story (I've split the single entry that was for the two concurrent Drone Agenda storylines).
Tecknophyle

Postby sohta123 » November 19th, 2011, 8:06 am

Great issue!
Danibot is hands-down the hottest looking drone to me with Franbot a close second.

Doesn't this new outfit conflict with the outfit shown on the upcoming Better Than Real #2 ?
sohta123

Postby Tecknophyle » November 19th, 2011, 9:46 am

sohta123 wrote:Great issue!
Danibot is hands-down the hottest looking drone to me with Franbot a close second.

Doesn't this new outfit conflict with the outfit shown on the upcoming Better Than Real #2 ?

Better Than Real occurs in the "past", before Fran was (temporarily) returned to normal, before Halloween Havoc 3 (note that the tour of the lab in issue 1 includes Voltara in the stasis pod, who was taken back by Gothikka).
Tecknophyle

Postby bluemax2 » November 19th, 2011, 7:34 pm

Mcteck and Northern:
Fantastic last installment for this series. I'm sad to see it end and hope that you'll be picking up the further adventures of the lovely greybots very very soon. I realize there is another one going on in the free section and I can't wait for that next installment too.
I want to compliment you on re-botting Fran. She is better off as a greybot. And Wow!! to the new enhanced uniform. Again Wow! I see you've taken inspiration from Finn's Bride series zombabes. All you need to do now is have all the greybots uniforms updated as well. We certainly look forward to that in upcoming episodes, hopefully. Would you also consider the very stiff neck corset collar the zombabes wear. Its truly delicious.
In addition did Franbot get a breast augmentation as well to go with her new uniform? It certainly looks very well suited for the new and improved uniform look. Having those large tits out for all to see and sample is truly enjoyable.

In conclusion kudos again for a great series and again I look forward to many more greybot tales very soon.

Have you thought of the return of Sentius, perhaps?? Perhaps he can reappear and his first conquest will be an enhanced greybotted Belinda?

What do you think.

thanks and regards,

bluemax
bluemax2

Postby Northern Chill » November 19th, 2011, 8:41 pm

bluemax2 wrote:Mcteck and Northern:
Fantastic last installment for this series. I'm sad to see it end and hope that you'll be picking up the further adventures of the lovely greybots very very soon. I realize there is another one going on in the free section and I can't wait for that next installment too.
I want to compliment you on re-botting Fran. She is better off as a greybot. And Wow!! to the new enhanced uniform. Again Wow! I see you've taken inspiration from Finn's Bride series zombabes. All you need to do now is have all the greybots uniforms updated as well. We certainly look forward to that in upcoming episodes, hopefully. Would you also consider the very stiff neck corset collar the zombabes wear. Its truly delicious.
In addition did Franbot get a breast augmentation as well to go with her new uniform? It certainly looks very well suited for the new and improved uniform look. Having those large tits out for all to see and sample is truly enjoyable.

In conclusion kudos again for a great series and again I look forward to many more greybot tales very soon.

Have you thought of the return of Sentius, perhaps?? Perhaps he can reappear and his first conquest will be an enhanced greybotted Belinda?

What do you think.

thanks and regards,

bluemax

Hi Bluemax,

Glad you enjoyed the series. The inspiration for Fran's new look actually came from seeing some of Tecknophyle's excellent renders. Tek did some prelim work, we did a few adjustments and arrived with what you see in this chapter.

Now, that being said, a little confession on my part: I didn't plan on rebotting Fran in my original thinking. I was musing on having her being around as kind of a thorn in Max's side but the popularity of Franbot caused me to rework that idea to what you see in this chapter.

Fran's chest size is the same size as when she was first introduced in Catatonic Kitty...though the idea of greybotting and breast expansion has a certain appeal, I must admit.

As for what lies ahead for the greybot stories, hard to say at present. Lots of stories going on here but I will say that this isn't the last we see of Max's lovelies.

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby Hector2 » November 28th, 2011, 11:49 pm

Hi there!

A new drone in Town was very good! I think you did it only to enslave Fran and free Ginger! Is Fran really that popular?

I loved the issue, but the only part I am disappointed is about Soniabot. I mean, the whole point of this series is make drones, but then, Sonia seemed a great character, with a true good motive to antagonist Max, and I sincerely think that she is not as interesting as a robot.

Max himself seems to be a little more interesting that the soulless bastard we all know and hate. His decision of not punishing all the escapades in APEX must be something more than a good boss.

And about that, being an employee of APEX means to lilve in continue terror: You can be enslaved or spied without warning. Why any female would want to work there? (Men I know, we are idiots).

And I notice that this story seems to tie with “Convert Another”. It seems that a lot of stories will tie, and “Prized Displays” and “Body Image” ended with an announce of an impeding peril. Could it be the same peril?

Just another question, why Metrobay Police Department doesn’t seem to be worried about Sonia?

Great work

Hector
Hector2

Postby mctek » November 29th, 2011, 12:56 am

Actually the events of Sword and Shield, Resort and Prize display are connected,and don't tie into the drone Agenda. How? :twisted: You have to stay tuned for Chain Reaction Hector :D

Tek~
mctek

Postby Northern Chill » November 29th, 2011, 7:33 pm

Hector2 wrote:Hi there!

A new drone in Town was very good! I think you did it only to enslave Fran and free Ginger! Is Fran really that popular?

I loved the issue, but the only part I am disappointed is about Soniabot. I mean, the whole point of this series is make drones, but then, Sonia seemed a great character, with a true good motive to antagonist Max, and I sincerely think that she is not as interesting as a robot.

Max himself seems to be a little more interesting that the soulless bastard we all know and hate. His decision of not punishing all the escapades in APEX must be something more than a good boss.

And about that, being an employee of APEX means to lilve in continue terror: You can be enslaved or spied without warning. Why any female would want to work there? (Men I know, we are idiots).

And I notice that this story seems to tie with “Convert Another”. It seems that a lot of stories will tie, and “Prized Displays” and “Body Image” ended with an announce of an impeding peril. Could it be the same peril?

Just another question, why Metrobay Police Department doesn’t seem to be worried about Sonia?

Great work

Hector

Hi Hector,

Glad you liked the story. Let me go thru a few things you raised:

- Fran is a popular character with both members and creative types, as far as I can tell. Big cred for that has to go with Finister Foul's phenom character design for her.

- I understand your feelings about Sonya. The one thing I will say is when the day comes that Sonya is free of greybot programming, the groundwork has been laid here for what happens next in her life.

- The relationship between Max and his employees is deliberately ambigious and perhaps no more evident than his handling of Fran and Ginger in this finale. The former, he deals with as a threat to him and his company in the final resolution. The latter, Max shows what almost could be considered as tenderness (well, even as he slips a new Greentooth in Ginger's ear..;) ).

- Sonya "resigned" from the Metrobay Police department via electronic email as noted in the final pages of the finale. Given her antagonistic relationship with Chief Coleman and even Phoebs, it'd be hard to see anyone trying too hard to find out why she abruptly left the force. In retrospect, I might have an extra page to flesh that part out but the finale kinda got bumped up a little.

Thanks for the feedback as always, Hector!

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Previous

Return to MCtek