A New Drone In Town

Discuss "Rixo City" and other stories with MCtek!

A New Drone In Town

Postby Northern Chill » June 22nd, 2011, 10:14 pm

Hello everybody,

In this opening chapter of the story, we are introduced to a new employee at APEX labs, who is tasked with a new plan by Max. Even as this project gets started, the newbie learns that the labs has more than technicians in white coats.

Meanwhile, at Metrobay police headquarters, Chief Coleman struggles to deal with a hotshot detective that has major career aspirations. What are they and how do they involve a certain powerful individual in Metrobay?

Members can find the opening chapter of A New Drone In Town at http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=25752 . Many thanks to MCtek for the phenomenal job he did illustrating this chapter.

Enjoy and thanks for supporting MCcomix!!

Northern Chill
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

"What does this story need?...more Franbot!!!"
Northern Chill

Re: A New Drone In Town

Postby bluemax2 » June 23rd, 2011, 10:07 am

Mctek and Northern:
Love the first episode. Great start.
I do hope Tien and Sonya are in line to get "greydroned".
Would it be possible to show the lab techs taking advantage of the greybots in more detail and panels with closeups of their latex suits openning up to allow penetration or usage of the greybots'
bodies. Sort of like in the latter episodes of Operation Resurection/Superheroine squad.
Looking forward to the next episode.
Great art by the way.

regards,

bluemax
bluemax2

Postby steverogers5 » June 24th, 2011, 5:24 am

Wow! :shock: Gotta say Sonya Crandall, certainly puts the 'HOT' into being a HOTshot detective! Yowzers! :D Can't wait to see how her story turns out. And it was nice to see the Warden and Belinda putting in an appearance. Great start!
steverogers5

Postby Northern Chill » July 21st, 2011, 1:20 pm

Hello everybody...today, chapter 2 of the New Drone in Town story is unveiled.

Sonya Crandall has been given the task of tracking down Bronk but she looks to push her own private agenda in the process. To that end, she ventures out to seek the help of one of the most notorious individuals in all of Metrobay.

Meanwhile, at APEX, the technicians begin the testing of a new procedure at Max's behest and have selected the first subject for it. Doubts are prevalent as to how it will turn out....and where is one of the workers?

Members will find this update at http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=27117

Kudos to MCTek on the great art for this issue!

Hope everyone enjoys the update..thanks for supporting MCComix.

Northern Chill
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

Northern Chill

Postby Tecknophyle » July 21st, 2011, 2:27 pm

Nice work on the improved shader for the bots.
Tecknophyle

Postby leto17 » July 22nd, 2011, 7:08 pm

Great work! Thanks! I hope to have more extensive comments on this series when I find time from work and collect my thoughts!
leto17

Postby Hector2 » July 24th, 2011, 12:00 am

Hi MCtek!

This review is for issue 1.

Oh yes Mikey! That’s the truest line I have ever heard from someone working at Apex. Let the beautiful girls get the middle management man, you’re safer where you are (I still remember that the creator of Sentius is supposed to be in the bottom of Metrobay’s river).

Tien is really that innocent? Doesn’t she really has a clue? You could think that some employees will have heard rumors about Apex by now. Mikey and Tezuka doesn’t seem so grateful to work there. Apex is not Google.

But then the very best is Sonya Candrall. I love her character design. Please, please, don’t convert her in another drone. Please give her high boots, opera gloves and white lingerie like the White queen… please!

And Sonya… did every new character has lost her mind? Max Indeks? Even Pink Pussycat and Honey Doll, two of the most competent heroines, know they cannot do that. Did she step out of the bus or something? You can be an attention whore, but still…

This work is great, I will review soon!

Hector 2
Hector2

Postby steverogers5 » July 24th, 2011, 5:08 am

Oh yesss! This story is getting better and better! THANK YOU so much for providing a way to reverse the drone process. I'm probably in the minority here, but I'm not much of a fan of the whitewashed permanent robotization process. (More of a Hypno guy myself..) I think converting gals into near duplicates of each other kinda takes away a little bit of the fun of all the wonderfully different and varied superheroine characters that populate metrobay.
Oh and I LOVE Sonya Crandall's design. She's soooo hot! And with her overeaching ambition, it's gonna be a pleasure seeing her get into trouble! :mrgreen:
And I especially liked Belinda's role here, (Along with the cameo from her current favourite 'body'guard! ;) ) Belinda seemed her usual fun scheming self, so tops marks for keeping her in character. Can't wait to see where this story goes now! :D
steverogers5

Postby leto17 » July 24th, 2011, 3:04 pm

This is a fantastic story line. I look forward to much, much, much more!
leto17

Postby Northern Chill » July 26th, 2011, 2:06 pm

Hector - Tien may not be naive so much as in the line of thinking of hearing the rumors but only believing them when she sees the proof. As for Sonya, her thinking isn't quite linear with regards to Max as will be hinted at in updates to come.

Steverogers - Glad you liked what you saw with the undroning process. It leaves open a number of avenues of thought when a babe emerges from it as you will see.

Leto - Great to see you've liked things to date. The best part is yet to come....

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby bluemax2 » July 30th, 2011, 5:22 pm

Nothern and MCtek:
I love the new Tienbot. Ummm ummmm!
I do hope that Fran can be "re-botted" as needed.
Love the story, just can't wait to see more greybots made from the nosy detective and other cop ladies, as well as anyone who stumbles into the mix.
Greybots are the best fembots. Quite useful and flexible as well.

thanks for the series. looking forward to seeing more very soon.

regards,

bluemax
bluemax2

Postby Northern Chill » August 17th, 2011, 10:25 pm

Hello everybody...today, chapter 3 of New Drone in Town is unveiled for the members here.

In this chapter, we get to see how things are playing out for the different characters seen so far in this story. For J.T. and Mikey, it is the best and worst of times as the two have a new "toy" but have to deal with their demanding boss. For Phoebe and Sonya, things are taking decidedly different paths especially for Phoebe...and what does a curvy dark haired beauty from Metrobay U have to do with one person in particular?

All this and a few surprises too are revealed in this next chapter of New Drone...members can find this update at http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=28164

Kudos to MCTek for the great art in this chapter!!

Thanks for supporting MCComix and enjoy the update!

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby kakyo001 » August 18th, 2011, 2:54 am

hmmm... with the fast progress of the drone-stories, these stories need a conclusion as opposed to the usual endings of the 'Grime City Stories'...

the other short stories can hardly be continued with half the town being turned into drones :P (even with the statement "the time is in a flux" in Metrobay :) )

back to topic:
I do hope that Max Index will get what coming for him... but I doubt it... he has the ability to wind himself out of these situations much to the chagrin of the women who were on his trail (the blonde police woman in this particular case)
kakyo001

Postby MacroLass » August 18th, 2011, 6:18 am

McTek:

You need to go up to your latest message for New Drone in the Updates section. The link is messed up.
MacroLass

Postby mctek » August 18th, 2011, 9:33 am

should work now, thanks Macrolass.

Tek~
mctek

Next

Return to MCtek