Locked and Loaded

Discuss "Maxine Midnight" and other stories with Drake!

Locked and Loaded

Postby The_Drake » October 11th, 2010, 6:04 pm

So; four issues of Maxine Midnight done, two issues of Demonstrance, and even a bonus comic.

For my next trick I'll...zzzzzzzzzz
The_Drake

Re: Locked and Loaded

Postby Doctor Robo » October 11th, 2010, 7:23 pm

Damn. Looks like you've been busy. Can't wait to see them!

Can you give us a hint of what's to come?

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby The_Drake » October 12th, 2010, 2:16 pm

Okay. A hint of what's to come.

The Halloween issue is a one shot (though I leave next Halloween open...) featuring a very naughty genie dropping in on a costume party. Look for cameos from various characters from my comics - including shoulder angels.

I see the first arc of Maxine Midnight going six issues. I have long term story goals for this series; but the first six issues can stand on their own. The Callahan Twins (glimpsed in issue 01, and revealed -in every sense - in issue 04) have at least one story planned; and Maxine's ability to create beautiful dreams will certainly be the focus of a few issues.

Demonstrance is ongoing, though I do not see updates as frequently. Once the premise is fully fixed in the first few issues the subsequent ones are to be about the fantasies. This is a good place for requests; if there is a particular mind control scenario you would like to see. That is if Nybbas wins her bet...

From there... I want to do something in the high fantasy genre, and while I have a few ideas, I have not quite gotten them hammered out to the point where I am in the zone for writing them. While high fantasy is great for peril, it is a genre that is trickier to slide mind control into - still, I have ideas, they just need to be refined.

On the flip side, Sci-fi is a genre that embraces all elements of the MC genre and I will eventually throw my hat into the ring in it. I did a series of comics for Tanya Danielle in the sci-fi genre, and they were a lot of fun to create.

On thing I have been considering is a meta-comic that shows the process of making a comic, renders, postwork, etc. Though that might be a project for another time.

Cheers,
Drake
The_Drake

Postby Akonkid » October 29th, 2010, 12:03 am

Great Halloween issue! Very hot and interesting!
If she would just do what I asked, I wouldn't need to use mind control!
Akonkid

Postby leto17 » December 5th, 2010, 6:09 pm

Thanks Drake! Much appreciated!
leto17

Return to Drake