"Maxine Midnight" by Drake

Discuss "Maxine Midnight" and other stories with Drake!

Re: "Maxine Midnight" by Drake

Postby The_Drake » July 28th, 2011, 11:23 am

Aaah resources. For the pulp hero or heroine the single best power to have is wealth. From the Shadow to Batman to the Red Panda, a bottomless pocket book and lots of leisure time are all hallmarks of the classic pulp hero. Not everyone has it; but it helps.

As the spoiled and pampered daughter of a major supervillain, Maxine's trust fund is deep and cavernous.

I hope you are enjoying the current arc; things are heading towards resolution, but there are still a few twists, turns and mind shattering orgasms to come.

Drake
The_Drake

Postby Hector2 » July 31st, 2011, 6:20 pm

Hi there!

I loved the last issues: Maxine going to jail, Maxine forced as a maid... I cant wait for the next part!

Hector.
Hector2

Postby Graham » August 2nd, 2011, 4:09 am

Awe, I really wanted to see Maxine prance around in a maid uniform a little more. Maybe serving drinks and actually being a maid.

I mean, come on, you put her in a maid uniform for all of two frames before stripping it off.

Uhm,... okay. That was nice too.

I must say, while I expected Maxine's power-up to break the collar, the way you did it was ... quite different. And discovering that her abilities did not work on the collared Bikini Bandit was a nice twist too. Well played.
Graham

Postby The_Drake » August 6th, 2011, 6:52 am

Thanks.

I had thought about more 'maid' time with Maxine, but the build up had been handing her over to Carrie; and I wanted to spend the frames on her plans to get out from under Dash's thumb and onto a different level of play. Her transformation from socialite sadist to actual super villain is coming along nicely.

As to Maxine's continued battle with the Bikini Bandit... well that is next issue. There are still more challenges and dangers ahead; the Wicked Warden and her guards are not going to simply give up when a pulp heroine comes to call on them; and there are a few agendas that haven't been fully played out...

Glad you're enjoying the work.
Drake
The_Drake

Postby Hector2 » August 6th, 2011, 9:34 pm

Dear Drake:

Issue 12: Maid for the whip begins with a bang: Do you see that… thing… behind our protagonists, just one side of Bikini Bandit? What on earth is that? Sure thing it doesn’t seem OSHA compliance. I think it’s a proof that Carrie is waaaaay over the top.

At page 3, we se that Carrie is not only another pretty face: this development is something that I think most writer would use: If you have captured a super heroine or super villain, instead of enslaving her like a robot, why do not make use of her unique skills?

At page 4, I have a question: but first, I understand there are a lot of people whom takes politics seriously, so you find this question insulting, please forgive me. But, Isn’t Dash appearance like a young George W. Bush?

Page 5 show us the sinister trap set by Carrie with the Bikini bandit. Carrie is developing into a great super villainess. Then at page 9 we see that she did all that just because Mindy get her attention. And yes, Dash at least get what is coming to him… pardon the bad pun!
Keeping with the proud tradition of comics, the villainess is defeated by her own errors! She short circuited Mindy’s collar! I’m only waiting she get Lucinda to give some sweet revenge on those two!

I must say, Carrie wouldn’t be a little more surprised that a socialite like Mindy could escape so easy? What she will think when the Bikini Bandit would not get soon enough with Mindy?

If they are downtown, Why Mindy think that she would get to her lair without being noticed? She is nude, you know…

Now we will see Mindy in action! To tell you the truth, Lucinda was having all the action, now we will see how Mindy fights without the power to clow minds!

Two nude maids fighting in the roof! Fantastic

Keep up the good work!

Hector2
Hector2

Postby The_Drake » August 7th, 2011, 12:15 pm

Thanks for the feedback Hector.

To answer your comments:

1.) Yes Carrie does have an exceptional collection of toys, and as demonstrated a willingness to use them.

3.) No - not just another pretty face - she is devious and driven.

3.) No foul on the politics; Dash is based on an entire generation of entitled silver spoon sucking douche-bags; from GW to the Winklevoss twins. I tried for a generic-privileged-well-coiffed-utter-douche-canoe look; which I think comes across in his design.

4.) Yes... I don't think it is too much of a spoiler to say that Carrie is destined for super villainy. She's just too good with those lashes - and she still has a few tricks up her... well that outfit doesn't have sleeves so I will leave you to imagine where the tricks are up. Her revenge of Dash was measured, but not enough to alienate him - she is smart enough to keep him as an ally. She does have an ego weakness though and a need to be the center of attention is one of them.

5.) Oh don't worry - it would not be a pulp comic without some epic revenge...

6.) Mindy in action... well she's been studying hard, but as you probably guessed, the Bikini Bandit is no pushover in a straight up fisticuff; buff, brawny with big boobs. As for escaping downtown in the nude - unless you are spiderman, the chance of spotting hot, naked maids cavorting from rooftop to rooftop is pretty slim.

The next issue is done and getting the red-ink treatment with the proofing dragons; so I can tell you that Mindy/Maxine is going toe to toe and.... well other things with the Bandit.

Cheers,
Drake
The_Drake

Postby Hector2 » August 13th, 2011, 7:57 pm

Hi Drake!

I’m glad you have based Dash en GW, For a moment I thought I was losing it. Good little detail.

BTW, what’s with the Bikini Bandit? She remembers me of “Home Alone I”. “We are the wet bandits, remember us”.

Hector2
Hector2

Postby The_Drake » August 14th, 2011, 7:26 am

Hey Hector,

Having not seen Home Alone, I can't compare her to the villains of that movie; what I can tell you is that she does have a taste for external monologues while in her Bikini Bandit persona - her secret identity is considerably less so.

Part of this is that there is a considerable challenge in her personal relationships - something that will be brought to light in the next issue.

Cheers,
Drake
The_Drake

Postby The_Drake » September 26th, 2011, 11:52 pm

Torn from the pages of the two-fisted pulp tradition comes Maxine Midnight; accompanied by her chauffeur/bodyguard the leather-clad Lucinda, this sultry siren stalks sleazy streets, handing out her own brand of hard hitting vigilante justice.

Issue 13

Naked and pursued over the rooftops by a mind controlled master thief... This sort of thing happens to Maxine Midnight far more often than you would think. Can the Mistress of the Mind turn the tables on her pursuer, or will she be dragged back to Carrie's snapping whips and the Warden's controlling collars?

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=29731
The_Drake

Postby leto17 » September 27th, 2011, 7:01 am

HOT STUFF! SuperSexy! Thanks Drake! This episode was fantastic! Keep up the great work!
leto17

Postby Hector2 » October 5th, 2011, 7:19 pm

Hi there Drake

Sorry to hear you left, because this tale was awesome! Maxine Midnight was a very good two fisted heroine! I will miss her.

This chapter revealed a lot more than I wanted to know about the Bikini Bandit. That is an interpersonal problem!

Thank you for everything!

Hector2
Hector2

Previous

Return to Drake