To Love And Obey

Discuss "Metrobay Comix" and other stories with Trishbot!

Re: To Love And Obey

Postby dumbtime » January 29th, 2012, 8:47 pm

Awesome work trish and Fin,

Bet yet...

Marvelous, simple marvelous. This journey to wedding bliss never ceases to offer such deliteful twists and turns even though we know where the path will lead us. Keep up the great work on this masterpiece.

DT
dumbtime

Postby TheAngelicOne » January 30th, 2012, 9:39 am

Very sexy issue. Can't tell you how excited I am for the next issue. :3
TheAngelicOne

Postby hypno85 » January 30th, 2012, 10:11 am

Will it be good or bad honeymoon who is control who
I be wait next Issue
hypno85

Postby Hector2 » January 30th, 2012, 11:33 am

Hi there Trishbot and Finister!

I promise to write a better review later, but I cannot let the chance to congratulate all of you for this issue go any more time. This is your best written, most kinky issue in a series that was already excellent. Excellent work!

Hector.
Hector2

Postby steverogers5 » January 30th, 2012, 6:16 pm

Was pleasantly surprised to see this chapter pop up. As I'm definitely loving this story and dying to see where it's going. You and Finister make such a great team! The art was sensational, and complemented your storyline beautifully! :)
steverogers5

Postby Hector2 » February 11th, 2012, 12:36 am

Dear Doc Robo and Finister Foul:

I promised a better review and here it is. It’s deserved: I really think this is the best issue on a series full of good moments.

Lets check them: In issue 1, the fact that two heroines could be enslaved for a long time under mind control. In issue 2, Pink Pussycat “aggressive submission” with Preston. She plays the mind control fantasy so well, that he thinks he’s dreaming. Issue 3, Max discovering Pink Pussycat will marry Preston (comedy gold!). Issue 5, seeing the heroines enslaved (American Amazon seems to be in a very dire situation) and issue 6, the capture of Kitten (I would have preferred to see her put more of a fight, but it was cool).

But then issue 7 come, and I consider it the best issue of a series full of great issues:

The relationship between Preston and Ava La Pette was summarized beautifully. She thinks he at last has become the supervillain she wants him to be. She doesn’t realize he is having doubts… because that would mean that there is a possibility to control your own dark desires, a possibility she has renounced long ago! And talking to Preston about Mistress Indek’s plan, she has opened the possibility to undo this devious plan. I love the irony (and the way she controls Preston at page 90.

But the best parts were the pages 91 – 14. The thing I loved the most was the comfy furniture with straps. This immediately reminded me of the similar strapped float toy where Agent Zanna was trapped by the villain then known as Draven Ofidian (Island of Ick # 5). It was so cool to see it, the heroine is so trapped, and the villain can see her in all her glory.

But I think the best thing is the dynamic between the characters: Pink Pussycat is completely enslaved, and Kitten is completely powerless, and Babydoll, the amoral, devious and cruel Babydoll, is going to play with them both in a horrible parody of a bachelorette’s party.

The best of those scenes is seeing Babydoll tormenting Kitten. Pink Pussycat is not her concern, is Kitten, the only human being that Babydoll maybe loves (as we saw at Mind Over Magic # 6) is so cool and cruel, and yet, so on her characterization, that I need to congratulate you both: at last, she has surpassed such heavy contenders as Madam Minx or even Belinda herself. The page when she gives Kitten a smooch was the demonstration of her evil self, and her ascension to my favorite villainess. Not to talk about how she brags to Kitten that she hasn’t been done with her yet.

And of course, Kitten would not give up hope. I love a tale where the villainess are very bad and the heroines very good!

Other observations:
1. The Goddamn HoneyBadger I would like to see (at least briefly, like in a short flashback) how he kidnapped and brainwashed Honeydoll.
2. Why Pink Pussycat must renounce his super heroine identity by marrying? Ms. Metrobay didn’t.
3. Why villains are allowed to go to the weeding? A wedding is neutral zone? From the law?
4. I recognize Ms Metrobay, Enchantress, Jade, Macro lass, a guy like spiderman an a guy like the Black (blue) phanter?, Honey doll and Gallant Lass. I would hope that BugEyez could try something with Gallant Lass, maybe kidnap her or asking her out. After all, is a weeding and stranger things happens.
5. I love to see the Skipper! He’s awesome. Valiant Woman is… well, not so awesome, but then she is like that.
6. Is the reporter Talia Swift, from Tamed page 57? Or another new character?

Congratulations, both Doc Robo and Finister Fowl. this issue I could talk of your best work about characterization and drawings.

Hector.
Hector2

Postby Trishbot » February 26th, 2012, 7:31 pm

Hey everyone! Finister Foul and Trishbot here with a super exciting issue for you all! Why is it exciting? Because Pink Pussycat's getting MARRIED!

The build-up and suspense is over. The day has finally arrived. Today, Pink Pussycat walks down the aisle, and nothing in Metrobay will be the same! But it's not all wedded bliss. Only one heroine knows the truth, that her friend is being brainwashed into giving herself away, but some of Metrobay's vilest villains are making sure she can't possible save her friend in time. Will Pink Pussycat commit her life to Preston's eternal satisfaction or can spunky Kitten pull off a miracle and save her friend? Find out in this exciting issue of "To Love & Obey", only at MCComix!

See the wedding event of the year here: http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=36388

Thank you guys! Hope you enjoy it, and thank you for supporting MCComix!
Trishbot

Postby mns_95125 » February 26th, 2012, 11:40 pm

Heh... how come stuff like that never happens at the weddings I get invited to attend? :-)
mns_95125

Postby Tecknophyle » February 27th, 2012, 11:59 am

Called it.
Tecknophyle

Postby MacroLass » February 27th, 2012, 12:38 pm

Tecknophyle wrote:Called it.

Indeed you did.
MacroLass

Postby Tecknophyle » February 27th, 2012, 4:27 pm

MacroLass wrote:

Indeed you did.

Well, to be fair, it's not hard to predict the most probable outcomes unless the author does a complete ass-pull. And in this case, it quite clearly made sense and was set up properly, so all is good.
Tecknophyle

Postby MacroLass » February 27th, 2012, 4:32 pm

Tecknophyle wrote:Well, to be fair, it's not hard to predict the most probable outcomes unless the author does a complete ass-pull. And in this case, it quite clearly made sense and was set up properly, so all is good.

<nods> I thought about saying something to that effect but decided it would have been too snarky.
MacroLass

Postby Trishbot » February 27th, 2012, 5:17 pm

Tecknophyle wrote:
MacroLass wrote:

Indeed you did.

Well, to be fair, it's not hard to predict the most probable outcomes unless the author does a complete ass-pull. And in this case, it quite clearly made sense and was set up properly, so all is good.

I don't mean to act snarky myself, or take away from this "at present" situation, but I'm FAR from done with surprises... Next issue should have some things in it I don't think anyone called... and Max may have more planned than "saving the day".

Oh, I want to spoil it so bad... just wait and see. This thing isn't over yet!
Trishbot

Postby Hector2 » March 7th, 2012, 12:11 am

Hi Trish, Doc and Fin:

Well, I must say that I felt a little disappointed by this issue, but that is not because the quality of the writing or the art, but only because issue 7 was so awesome, that it will be impossible to top it.

However, I think is a good idea to set Max Indeks as our improbable hero, and Kitten as the Graduate. To see Pink Pussycat entranced was good, but I feel like “oh like they will let her marry”.

I confess I have no idea how to continue this tale. So I hope Trishbot could make some magic for issue 9.

Thanks for everything.

Hector.
Hector2

Postby Trishbot » March 18th, 2012, 9:25 pm

Hello everyone. Today is a VERY special, big day for a certain heroine.

How big? It's SO big, we couldn't do just one normal-sized issue, so we're giving you TWO! The finale of "To Love & Obey" is finally here!

It's Pink Pussycat's big day. It's her big moment. She's about to marry the man of her dreams... or at least the man Vivian SAYS is the man of her dreams. She's only moments away from committing herself to a brand new life of constant servitude. But can a last ditched effort by both Kitten and Max Indeks stop her from making this grave mistake? Or will Pink Pussycat hang up her cat ears for good? It all comes down to this, folks. The big moment has finally come. Find out how this wedding ends in "To Love & Obey", issues 9 and 10, only at MCComix!

Issue 9 is here: http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=37332
Issue 10 is here: http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=37384

I would like to thank Finister Foul from the bottom of my heart for joining with me in this wonderfully fun tale of risque romance and wedded bliss. He's been a complete delight to work with on this story and he took a bold risk in entrusting some of his most beloved characters over to me to use. His art has blown me away and he far exceeded all my expectations. Let him know how much you've enjoyed all his hard work on this story too. He truly brought it all together.

Let me know how you liked the story, folks. I'll be back soon with an exciting new announcement, so stay tuned!
Trishbot

PreviousNext

Return to Trishbot