To Love And Obey

Discuss "Metrobay Comix" and other stories with Trishbot!

Re: To Love And Obey

Postby begbie_rentonspud » March 18th, 2012, 9:30 pm

FIRSTIES on the two new issues. :P

Anyway, thank you so much on the mega-post of the new issues. This series has been very top-notch. The writing has been clearly spot on and the art just spectacular. Thank you, so much for the hard work. The fruits are suh-weet... Kinda makes me wish I had these MC rings.

Thanks again and now back to the grindstone...

~Begs
begbie_rentonspud

Postby cvn88 » March 19th, 2012, 5:38 am

Hmm. Overall I enjoyed this tale but I do wonder about the heroines' speedy recovery after weeks, possibly months, and in some cases years of being controlled, especially those who were originally mind-controlled by something other than a ring. It just makes R.O.P.E.'s mind control plans seem somewhat pointless of the victims can go back to their normal mindframe so easily.

Other than that quibble I did, as mentioned, enjoy the story and look forward to whatever R.O.P.E. plot comes next.
cvn88

Postby MacroLass » March 19th, 2012, 8:21 am

cvn88 wrote:Hmm. Overall I enjoyed this tale but I do wonder about the heroines' speedy recovery after weeks, possibly months, and in some cases years of being controlled, especially those who were originally mind-controlled by something other than a ring. It just makes R.O.P.E.'s mind control plans seem somewhat pointless of the victims can go back to their normal mindframe so easily.

Well there's 2 ways of looking at it.

The first is that this does happen to them a lot...and Clarrisa's doubts in Chain Reaction aside, most of them accept this as the "price of business" to do what they want to do with their lives: protect the innocent and defend the helpless. They have abilities or access to technologies that give them great power...but with that power comes...oh, you know the line. ;)

The other notion is more of a meta thing in that it's just part of the genre. Women in these stories just shrug off the effects of what's been done to them because this is the Superheroine Squad...not the X-Men. Sometimes you just have to accept that things happen for the sake of entertaining stories.

Oh, and speaking of which...Great job on the series, Trishbot and Finister. :D
MacroLass

Postby TheAngelicOne » March 19th, 2012, 6:59 pm

Very nice ending, well done Trish and Fini. ;)
TheAngelicOne

Postby FirstBorn » March 25th, 2012, 7:05 pm

I shall lament the loss of the few, the proud, the semi-permanently controlled in the Metrobay Universe. But such is life in such a world, and they had a good run. At least the story of them gaining their freedom was worth it. ;)

Now we get to see what their nefarious villains will do with them next! Additionally, one does have to wonder how *exactly* Preston is going to find his own place in such a world given his own *issues*.

Well done.
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby dumbtime » March 26th, 2012, 8:23 pm

cvn88 wrote:Hmm. Overall I enjoyed this tale but I do wonder about the heroines' speedy recovery after weeks, possibly months, and in some cases years of being controlled, especially those who were originally mind-controlled by something other than a ring. It just makes R.O.P.E.'s mind control plans seem somewhat pointless of the victims can go back to their normal mindframe so easily.

Other than that quibble I did, as mentioned, enjoy the story and look forward to whatever R.O.P.E. plot comes next.

The effects of the mind control may seem now like they allow the victims to returned fairly easy to their normal state but, be rest assured, there are some long term effects that will be popping up down the road for our two junior heroines. Freedom Girl and Juris Prudence are now in the clutches of MacroLass and I and we have plenty of snafus, perils and crazy twists and turns planned for these two along with American Amazon as the deal with the filth residing in Capitol City.

Awesome job trishbot for writing such an awesome storyline and to Fin for adding his pazazz to the magnificent renders he does on a regular basis. I hate that it had to come to an end but love that it did. ;)
dumbtime

Postby Hector2 » March 26th, 2012, 9:55 pm

This is a review for To Love and Obey 9:

I feel very sad to write this review: I knew that Preston will never marry Pink Pussycat, and so Preston knew, but I still feel sorry.
However, the part that I loved was seeing Preston, at last, making his decision: He will not marry PP. What I liked is that he realized he was not loving Pink Pussycat herself: he is loving the only being he knows that defends what she believes and is not willing to compromise for anything. He will never deserve that. Maybe he will switch to Adonis permanently?

However, one thing is true: Preston is a large ham! What overlydramatic!

However, it was great to see poor Kitten trying to convince everyone she is not crazy while nude. I noticed Madam Minx face, knowing this. I also loved the contrast of her face with Vivian’s face at the last page: The classic face of a villain who is seeing all his plan going to heck.
Hector2

Postby Hector2 » March 26th, 2012, 10:17 pm

Dear FirstBorn:

I shall lament the loss of the few, the proud, the semi-permanently controlled in the Metrobay Universe. But such is life in such a world, and they had a good run. At least the story of them gaining their freedom was worth it.

I agree with you, with my entire villainous hearth. What is the purpose of catching some heroine if you can’t keep it?

However, that’s how Max – and by extension R.O.P.E. – plays the game: He uses the heroines as his playthings, and he lets her go so he can play with her another day. It’s his plan. Justified in Universe. But console yourself with Akonkids marvelous last number of http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... itemId=819 Vanishing Act: As long as there is no sequel, Byron still has the vivacious, controverted, strongly independent and strangely compelling Vanishing Girl in her own shrine – room – cell – new home.

Now we get to see what their nefarious villains will do with them next! Additionally, one does have to wonder how *exactly* Preston is going to find his own place in such a world given his own *issues*.

And about Preston, I would bet for our troubled “hero” trying to change himself to his heroic secret identity… forever. Exactly the reverse of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. I think that would work just as well!
Hector2

Previous

Return to Trishbot