Business Ethics

Discuss "Metrobay Comix" and other stories with Trishbot!

Re: Business Ethics

Postby Ghosthand » November 29th, 2012, 7:46 pm

hopelessbttrying wrote:Now I know why I quit subscribing the good characters are so stupid if she was so good his neck would have been snapped before he could utter a word but no I'll submit didn't she know what was going to happen
this goes for all the rest as much as they're missed treated you'd think
1) Apex would be a smoking ruin
2) they'd hang up their capes after all they are just super hero bimbos
3) they'd move away because they never win and no winning isn't snapping out of it
Well that's it for the rant

Ok, lets give realism a shot here...

Now, AA is a heroine so she probably wouldn't snapMax's neck but she could have used her powers to knock him out or some other way to prevent him for harming his slaves. This would of course lead to him being turned over to the athorities for kidnapping, assault, and rape to say the least. once he was exposed it would of course expose all the evil doings at APEX which would lead to the sezuire and closing of the company by the feds. Max would of course turn stool pigeon on his R.O.P.E. associates to cut a deal to keep from winding up with a life sentance at a fedral super max prison. This would lead to a extreme drop in the criminal population in Metrobay and there would not be any more sexy superheroines getting MCed stories.

wait a second
No more stories?

I think I like Trishbot's version better.

Great story so far, the next cover has me very intrigued :)
Ghosthand

Postby hopelessbttrying » November 29th, 2012, 7:55 pm

You seem to forget that Apex owns parts of the government and as for the prison system ever hear of the fun house?
He would never turn on ROPE they would do him in so your whole story falls apart
There is no justice in Metrobay or the system
hopelessbttrying

Postby dumbtime » November 29th, 2012, 10:15 pm

hopelessbttrying wrote:You seem to forget that Apex owns parts of the government and as for the prison system ever hear of the fun house?
He would never turn on ROPE they would do him in so your whole story falls apart

Oh, there is justice in Metrobay - it's called poetic justice (for both sides). It's always written in so we can have more stories.

This story here has a rhyme and a reason to me. Someone has a plan to stop Max and Max has a plan to control them. It looks like Max is winning for the time being. I would have to think that for Max to stay in power as long as he has that he has to progress in handling things along the way. The supers get crafter, the villian get more crafter and then chance happens for either side. At the moment, chance is on Max's side. A naive little strongheaded minions waltz in and Max's snares her, Max uses her to his advantage and she nabs a super and brings her back. Then, Andrea waltz in to take control only to realize she was fooled. So, she springs her surprise on Max - shes a tough super. But, wait, she didn't take into account that Max had hostages already. Luck is on Max's side.

But, wait again you say, the means of mind control is cruded and lude and would 'kill' the heroine. This is a fantasy world where things don't have to make complete sense as long as the comic logic flows through out the comic. I say to that - stop trying to make the artist on this site bend her comic to your comic. Make a request for your comic to be made not a harsh critique hoping that they will bend to your demand. This site is set up a 'certain' way for a 'certain' type of comic. This comic fits the bill perfectly. I assume the site name speaks to this all on its own.

Where does it say that the nanotech completely destroyed the person, i.e. 'killed?' This goes back the forementioned notion that this is a fantasy world. The logic inside the comic hasn't been flawed. Please let the artist finish her good work and i'm sure most everything will get further explanation.

The story is most intriguing to me. Ask yourself this question as I have asked it a few times myself. Max didn't nanotech Violet/Silver Star. His intent was to nanotech the civilians. What advantage does MAx gain by nanoteching Andrea outside of her civilain duties as a CEO of a rival company? The only thing I can see is now he has his own 'heroine.'

DT
dumbtime

Postby hopelessbttrying » November 29th, 2012, 10:50 pm

maybe you should stick to trying to BEING a comedian ( I see how far that got when you tried to BE funny with why the site still hadn't gotten back all the back stories)
As for radical republicans nuking the site they'd love living in this world or don't you read the papers much??
Now this is a forum and as such when someone has a problem or wants to be critical about some aspect of a story you don't say now now don't do that or do you want only pats on the head?
hopelessbttrying

Postby kakyo001 » November 30th, 2012, 1:00 am

I revoked my subscription some time ago due to money problems but from the (somewhat enreaged) comments it seems my guess about the recent issue was correct (just saying, no further negative comments written between the lines as I don't know what the next issue will bring (even though I fear it won't get much better for the failed heroine ^^; ))

but after reading some of the comments I'd like to add some things:

1) I think the person who started the "killing"-thing was me... to explain myself a bit: I'm from Germany and "my people" aren't used to 'polite talking' as the rest of the world. We say what we think and that's it. Usually nothing written between the lines or trying to force someone to do it "my/our way". (If we want someone to do what we ant, we use our army to march into his country and force him/her... (a stupid joke but it's better if I make fun of it than someone else))
I've explained how I felt about the nanotechnologie and that's it... I never demanded from Trish to rewrite the story or force her to do something specific... If it did sound like it, well I'm german, that's my nature.

2) "comic logic" doesn't need to destroy common sense... but the lack of common sense isn't only a problem of the heroines and villains of this site but of all genres (comics, novels, movies, etc)

3) the clichee of the undefeatable Max Indeks... that one is more or less the reason why I'm not to sad about my current lack of subscription. Somewhere else it had been mentioned that Max could be this universe version of Lex Luthor (in therms of influense he's a top player for some reason)... but even Lex Luthor has been taken down... multiple times... seeing a villain fall can be interesting and seeing him rise back into his former position too. Taking part of his rise to power lets the reader know why he has that much power/influense and that he earned it. Currently Max has just dumb luck... over and over and over again. (my point of view and again, no seconds thoughts hidden within my words)
kakyo001

Postby Ghosthand » November 30th, 2012, 11:30 am

hopelessbttrying wrote:You seem to forget that Apex owns parts of the government and as for the prison system ever hear of the fun house?

What they 'own' is part of the local government and the crimes that APEX has commited would go way over their heads. Max wouldn't be on the way to the Funhouse, he would be in fedral custody.

Besides all that I think you missed the whole point I was trying to nicely say so I'll put it more clearly.

There are a thosand ways this could have gone and some might think their way is better or more realistic, to me Max could have called Shelly to put a beat down on Andrea or called in the greybots, but Trish went her way with it, not mine. Every writer write their stories by what they want or are interested in. Perhaps she didn't want Andrea's capture to be a beating into submission? Some people like that kind of story others don't. I personally hate Anime, so I tend to ignore stories with that element, unless the story itself is really good. Every write, artist, and reader is different. You have to find the elements of a story that you like and if a story doesn't have anything that you like then why read it? I happen to like Trish'a story and although there are some things that I would have done differently I'm not going to cancel my subscription just because I don't get everything my way.

One last thing, don't confuse construtive criticism with trolling or insulting the artist/writer. Most artists and writers love constructive criticism and it helps them to improve their work. Don't expect just because you point out a flaw that they will change it though :) In the end they will write their story how they want it and you either have to like it or not.
Ghosthand

Postby hopelessbttrying » November 30th, 2012, 8:20 pm

Since your new here Apex owns part of the federal government too maybe you should do a little more research they have their hands into the military
hopelessbttrying

Postby hopelessbttrying » November 30th, 2012, 10:38 pm

kakyo001 wrote:I revoked my subscription some time ago due to money problems but from the (somewhat enreaged) comments it seems my guess about the recent issue was correct (just saying, no further negative comments written between the lines as I don't know what the next issue will bring (even though I fear it won't get much better for the failed heroine ^^; ))

but after reading some of the comments I'd like to add some things:

1) I think the person who started the "killing"-thing was me... to explain myself a bit: I'm from Germany and "my people" aren't used to 'polite talking' as the rest of the world. We say what we think and that's it. Usually nothing written between the lines or trying to force someone to do it "my/our way". (If we want someone to do what we ant, we use our army to march into his country and force him/her... (a stupid joke but it's better if I make fun of it than someone else))
I've explained how I felt about the nanotechnologie and that's it... I never demanded from Trish to rewrite the story or force her to do something specific... If it did sound like it, well I'm german, that's my nature.

2) "comic logic" doesn't need to destroy common sense... but the lack of common sense isn't only a problem of the heroines and villains of this site but of all genres (comics, novels, movies, etc)

3) the clichee of the undefeatable Max Indeks... that one is more or less the reason why I'm not to sad about my current lack of subscription. Somewhere else it had been mentioned that Max could be this universe version of Lex Luthor (in therms of influense he's a top player for some reason)... but even Lex Luthor has been taken down... multiple times... seeing a villain fall can be interesting and seeing him rise back into his former position too. Taking part of his rise to power lets the reader know why he has that much power/influense and that he earned it. Currently Max has just dumb luck... over and over and over again. (my point of view and again, no seconds thoughts hidden within my words)

I agree with you about the undefeatible max guess he's stronger than all of those heavyweights in the other comic universes maybe Galactus should take a few points or is it that these heroines aren't that smart after all Max is just a human as for the now max has a heroine he's had numerous heroines this ones just permanent.
But I shouldn't be to worried my subscription is over in a few days and you can let your misogynistic flag fly all you want when I mention this site to friends they think it's funny about turning women into sexbots also they chide me about to now end but then again like a few here the chivarly trumps my misogynistic side
Knock yourself out with the critique
hopelessbttrying

Postby Trishbot » November 30th, 2012, 10:59 pm

hopelessbttrying wrote: I agree with you about the undefeatible max guess he's stronger than all of those heavyweights in the other comic universes maybe Galactus should take a few points or is it that these heroines aren't that smart after all Max is just a human as for the now max has a heroine he's had numerous heroines this ones just permanent.
But I shouldn't be to worried my subscription is over in a few days and you can let your misogynistic flag fly all you want when I mention this site to friends they think it's funny about turning women into sexbots also they chide me about to now end but then again like a few here the chivarly trumps my misogynistic side
Knock yourself out with the critique

You DO realize I'm a FEMALE writer, right?

Besides, how many times have I told you there's one more issue? The phrase "it ain't over until it's over" springs to mind.
Trishbot

Postby Ghosthand » December 1st, 2012, 12:04 am

hopelessbttrying wrote:Since your new here Apex owns part of the federal government too maybe you should do a little more research they have their hands into the military

*Don't feed the troll...*

Ah hell with it, here's you another bone to chew on...

Since you ignored most of my post let me address what you latched onto, WHO CARES???? I don't care if he's the king of the world, that's not the point!

This is not a super hero beats up the bad guy and always wins in the end story site, take a look at the name of the site for reference. This is a bad guy MCs the heroines and does nasty thing to them! If you are looking for the good guys always win comic I would suggest DC comics.

I could say a thousand other things but I think I'll leave it at that. Now go Troll someplace else, I have lost all interest or respect for your opinion and I hope the rest of the people on this site will also ignore you.
Ghosthand

Postby hopelessbttrying » December 1st, 2012, 10:16 am

so me telling you that your wrong on this subject and I'm a troll boy must be tough not doing your research maybe you should go to Metrobay.com and look a few things up.
I'm a troll oh boy that's rich
hopelessbttrying

Postby kakyo001 » December 2nd, 2012, 8:45 am

to explain myself a bit further, this is the chain of events I had hoped for:

- after Angela reveals herself as Azure Avenger she eventually takes Max Indeks down and has him handed over to the authorities
(proof of his crime is the still enslaved Nicole Banks)
- the merger between Max's and Angela's company happens
- Max winds up in prison but still has some loyal minions

beginning of a new storyline:
- Max gets out of jail with the help of his pupils (probly replacing himself with a humanlike doll)
- Angela is working on a way to restore Nicole (and might even be successful, who knows)
- Max is able to break into Apex Labs (the bulding belonged to him so why shouldn't he be able to use secret routes hidden in the building)
- eventually, Max is able to kidnap Angela during a tour of the Lab and has her enslaved
(the series ends with Max using Angela as a proxy to contol both companies)

yet another storyline:
- while under Max control and with the help of several corrupt lawyers Angela has the companies officially transfered to Max (but keeping the transfer a secret)
- something bad happens in Metrobay and Max helps resolving the problem (restoring his reputation among the people of the city)
- the transfer of the companies is made public and Max is in a better position than ever before (owning both companies and the heroines owe him for saving their asses)

with that chain of events "we" would know why Max has so much power in the town and that he has earned it... well, that was what I had hoped for... just my 2 Cents ^^
kakyo001

Postby Ghosthand » December 2nd, 2012, 9:50 am

kakyo001 wrote:to explain myself a bit further, this is the chain of events I had hoped for:

- after Angela reveals herself as Azure Avenger she eventually takes Max Indeks down and has him handed over to the authorities
(proof of his crime is the still enslaved Nicole Banks)
- the merger between Max's and Angela's company happens
- Max winds up in prison but still has some loyal minions

beginning of a new storyline:
- Max gets out of jail with the help of his pupils (probly replacing himself with a humanlike doll)
- Angela is working on a way to restore Nicole (and might even be successful, who knows)
- Max is able to break into Apex Labs (the bulding belonged to him so why shouldn't he be able to use secret routes hidden in the building)
- eventually, Max is able to kidnap Angela during a tour of the Lab and has her enslaved
(the series ends with Max using Angela as a proxy to contol both companies)

yet another storyline:
- while under Max control and with the help of several corrupt lawyers Angela has the companies officially transfered to Max (but keeping the transfer a secret)
- something bad happens in Metrobay and Max helps resolving the problem (restoring his reputation among the people of the city)
- the transfer of the companies is made public and Max is in a better position than ever before (owning both companies and the heroines owe him for saving their asses)

with that chain of events "we" would know why Max has so much power in the town and that he has earned it... well, that was what I had hoped for... just my 2 Cents ^^

Those are some good ideas Kakyo, perhaps you should write a story and submit it to Dr. Robo.

Max has been compaired to Lex Luthor, but the truth is he is more like a early Kingpin. Max has survived this long without getting caught because he very rarely (unlike this story) takes a direct involvement in the evil doings of his company or his associates. He's more the power, or money I should say, behind all of it. Even Pink Pussycat, who has probably had the most direct contact with him, can prove that he is anything more than a pervert who knows the criminal element in the city. I'm sure that to the vast majority of Meterobay Max is nothing more than a very wealthy business man who employs a good portion of the cities workers. He's probably considered a pillar of the comunity to the normal people. Max is so undefeatable because he is pretty much a unknown of villian.

I will stick with my comments though that the 'taking down' or 'exposing of' Max would be a bad thing for Metrobay MCcomix. Done even halfway realistically it would have dire repercutions thought out all the villian community.

Long live Max Indeks I say, unless he's being replaced by a equally evil super sexy villianess......
Ghosthand

Postby Sumatra » December 2nd, 2012, 11:03 am

Reading through comments, looks like a troll. Had a point, delivered badly.

Angela should have put up more of a fight, did not like she just gave up. Max taking control was hot, would make more sense for her to use her powers to escape though.

Waiting on last issue to make a decision, for now, good setup for a future story, could have been delivered better. The device seems way too OP, don't see how Max won't put this thing on every heroine who causes trouble.

-Sumatra
Sumatra

Postby Trishbot » December 2nd, 2012, 1:19 pm

Sumatra wrote:Reading through comments, looks like a troll. Had a point, delivered badly.

Angela should have put up more of a fight, did not like she just gave up. Max taking control was hot, would make more sense for her to use her powers to escape though.

Waiting on last issue to make a decision, for now, good setup for a future story, could have been delivered better. The device seems way too OP, don't see how Max won't put this thing on every heroine who causes trouble.

-Sumatra

I REALLY wish I could post my final issue early. It's done and completed and ready to go as soon as my next slot rolls around.

I don't want to spoil or ruin my own story, but I'll simply say that Andrea did not simply "give up"... What that means will be revealed next issue.

The Nano-leash device does seem rather powerful, but it's not something that can simply be used over and over. I tried to mention that on page 62 by saying that Max wished he could've given the same treatment to Violet Star, but their supplies to do so are very limited and, at least for the time being, they only had enough for around two doses. Granted, with time and Max's money, they can probably resupply, but it'll take just that: time and resources. In the meantime, pre-existing technology like the control collars, HER guns, conversion chamber, and greentooth earpieces can do practically the same job at less cost.
Trishbot

PreviousNext

Return to Trishbot