Tinkering With Nature

Discuss "Metrobay Comix" and other stories with Trishbot!

Tinkering With Nature

Postby Trishbot » March 4th, 2012, 5:13 pm

From Metrobay Comix, Doctor Robo and Trishbot proudly present chapter one of “Grime City Stories: Tinkering With Nature” - exclusively at MCcomix.com!

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=43833

Dr. Virginia Havishaw-Tinker is a renowned geneticist and one of the brightest minds in all of Metrobay. She is also a devoted wife to Doogan Tinker, known to many as the erstwhile supervillain called the “Changeling”.

One day Doogan and Virginia are partaking in some wedded bliss when she discovers that she no longer ‘does it’ for him like she used to. What’s worse is that a peek of his computer tells her what does! How will she react, and what lengths will she go to keep her hubby happy? Find out in the debut chapter of “Tinkering With Nature”, available only at MCcomix.com!

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=36860

For more information on Metrobay Comix and MCcomix.com, visit our Metrobay Encyclopedia wiki at http://metrobay.wetpaint.com/ or our deviantART page at http://metrobay-comix.deviantart.com/.
Trishbot

Re: Tinkering With Nature

Postby hypno85 » March 4th, 2012, 8:08 pm

I was think that Doogan was change to a man, I think in Muck of the Mynx
so before that and after Max niece turn into a robot in Better Than Real
hypno85

Postby leto17 » March 6th, 2012, 12:18 am

This should be interesting. There are many possibilities in terms of what could happen next. I've grown fond of the good Doctor Havishaw-Tinker.
leto17

Postby hypno85 » March 6th, 2012, 5:40 pm

hypno85 wrote:I was think that Doogan was change to a man, I think in Muck of the Mynx
so before that and after Max niece turn into a robot in Better Than Real

Doogan was not in Muck of the Mynx
hypno85

Postby bluemax2 » March 7th, 2012, 9:35 am

Trishbot:
I love your work, especially "Convert Another" series.
I'm very excited by this new series and look forward to upcoming developments. I did notice the new cover for the next installment. Wow!
Its about time Ms. Metrobay is used as the drone she was meant to be.
Are you thinking of any greybots or are there other mind control methods we can look forward to as well?
I can't wait to see more of this story and many more drones to be added as well.

Keep up the great work.
Thanks.

Bluemax
bluemax2

Postby Hector2 » March 13th, 2012, 11:19 pm

Hi there Trish and Doctor Robo!

One of the things I always love about your stories is how your experience making comics is shown: When other author’s comics “waste” pages showing “transition” scenes or “establishing shots”, your comics always manage to show something sexy an interesting.

I have nothing about “transition” shots, but they are like the scenes with Diana Prince in the Wonder Woman TV show or with Bruce Wayne in Batman TV show: You’re feeling cheated because the real fun is with Wonder Woman or with Batman.

The scenes with Dougal and Tinker, while establishing the plot, were very naughty… (mimicking Max Indeks… What on earth was Dougal thinking?

Pages 07 and 08 show a credible Tinker very worried, his facial expression says all…

Page 09 to 13 show us how the trap was being settled for Ms. Metrobay… I love those scenes, because the anticipation of seeing our heroine trapped.

Page 15: I didn’t suspect that Ms. Metrobay and the Mayor were in that kind of relationship!

This was terrific, and as I mentioned at the beginning, there was not a wasted page. You rule!

Just two questions:

1. The mention to the trip to Europe at page 14 is about the annual crossover with Mad Science, isn’t it?
2. Is the Mayor somehow aware of her own enslavement? She seems so sorry for having set up Ms. Metrobay at the two final pages.
Hector2

Postby Trishbot » March 25th, 2012, 2:41 pm

From Metrobay Comix, Doctor Robo and Trishbot proudly present chapter two of “Grime City Stories: Tinkering With Nature” - exclusively at MCcomix.com!

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=44559

Still stinging from the disappointment of failed lovemaking with her husband, Dr. Tinker retreats to her laboratory to get to work on a secret (and no doubt sinister) new project. Meanwhile, she has dispatched two APEX henchwomen, “Agent 69” and “Super Freak”, to visit the mayor’s office and set a trap for Superheroine Squad captain Ms. Metrobay!

A showdown now looms between Super Freak and Ms. Metrobay, with Mayor Turner caught in the middle. So who will win a battle between the irresistible and the indestructible? The answer may surprise you, so find out at MCcomix.com today!

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=37758

For more information on Metrobay Comix and MCcomix.com, visit our Metrobay Encyclopedia wiki at http://metrobay.wetpaint.com/ or our deviantART page at http://metrobay-comix.deviantart.com/.
Trishbot

Postby MacroLass » March 25th, 2012, 4:00 pm

I'll admit it...it surprised me!
MacroLass

Postby FirstBorn » March 25th, 2012, 7:00 pm

I *Loved* the absorption of Superfreak's radioactive power for a bit there. Very nice touch to remind us (once again) that MM does have a few tricks up her sleaves- er, gloves, in this case.

of course... didn't do her much *good*... but tasty just the same.

Well done.
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby bluemax2 » March 26th, 2012, 9:53 am

Trishbot:
Ms Metrobay collared! What could be better?
Please have her programmed for many usages and devious tasks.
Will she be grebotted?
What about the mayor?

Can't wait to see.

Thanks.

bluemax
bluemax2

Postby Hector2 » April 3rd, 2012, 11:47 am

Dear Trish and Doctor Robo:

Once again, you have managed to create a issue packed with exciting action and sexy situations: A true achievement in this type of comics.

First of all, It’s nice to see that Miss Metrobay as someone smart enough to know when she is ambushed, also the mayor is trying to fight his conditioning.

Pages 19 to 23 are very good and sexy! It´s great to see a true super fight! And I thought the “You wouldn’t like me when I’m angry!” speech must be said by, if anyone, superfreak, but the next pages were a great surprise that justified it!

Really, this was so in touch with Ms. Metrobay powers, and it makes so sense! I congratulate you both because we need more imagination applied to the superpowers of the heroines (and villains). This is a logic assumption, and another way to show how to use superpowers!

But I think the very best part was page 28, when Ginger suggest Mayor Turner to get his reward with Ms. Metrobay, and it was more than a temptation for her early treason and another way to confirm their mental control over her. That is sexy.

I must congratulate you for another imaginative and sexy action packed issue.
Now some questions:
1. The mention to the trip to Europe at issue 1 page 14 is about the annual crossover with Mad Science, isn’t it?
Hector2

Postby Trishbot » April 15th, 2012, 12:18 pm

From Metrobay Comix, Doctor Robo and Trishbot proudly present chapter three of “Grime City Stories: Tinkering With Nature” - exclusively at MCcomix.com!

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=45126

Well, things are certainly off to a rousing start!

We know that the jealous and self-conscious Dr. Tinker has it out for Ms. Metrobay, so much so that the vile scientist set a trap that not even our intrepid superheroine could evade. We even know that Ms. Metrobay has been turned into a mindless slave under Tinker’s power. But the questions is… why?

What fiendish scheme does Tinker have in mind for Ms. Metrobay? We’re not going to give it away, but it may be as obvious as the boobs on her chest!

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=38476

Trishbot

Postby Tony » April 15th, 2012, 3:17 pm

She sure is ambitious! (and a little silly...)
Tony

Postby Doctor Robo » April 22nd, 2012, 11:46 am

Hi everyone. Sorry it's taken me so long to respond to your comments, but I'll try to answer them as best I can.

@hypno85: I'm not sure what you mean by "Doogan was changed to a man". Could you please clarify?

@leto17: We like Dr. Havishaw-Tinker too. In fact, you'll be seeing a lot more of her very soon!

@Hector2: Thanks! You're right, we do try to make an effort not to 'waste' pages on matters that could either be explained in the narration or simply inferred by the reader. Also, yes, the trip I referred to is exactly the one Ms. Metrobay was involved in during the "Mad Science" crossover. Nice catch! Finally, I think the people who wear the earpieces know they have to obey whomever controls them, but they are not so mindless that they can't express any regret about it. That's just my opinion, anyway.

@FirstBorn: I appreciate that. I have wanted to do something with Super Freak and Ms. Metrobay for a long time, for obvious reasons. I'm glad you approve. That said, you should stick around. We may see them tangle again!

@Bluemax2: Trishbot and I are always in favor of a mind controlled Ms. Metrobay. We won't see her graybotted in this story, but as you can see we have other plans for her!

@MacroLass: Great. I like it when a story has genuine surprises!

@Tony: Silly? How so?

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Hector2 » April 23rd, 2012, 10:39 pm

Dear Dr. Robo:

As always, a flawless job: your stories are so sexy! It’s incredible how well you can manage to use your images to tell the story. Congratulations.

However (and this is not a mean spirited critic) I think you’re narrating the obvious at pages 43 and 51: The narration states thing that we have already seen. You could obviate the narration in those. But everything else was cool!

The very obvious part is that doc Havensham is using this excuse only to lash his rage for her marital problems. But as we see her, she has problems with every buxom women he has met. Power Girl was extremely tortured by her.

And about her idea, I remember have read a fiction about a scientific women who did that to poor buxom girls, ruining their bodies forever. It’s silly, but look at Dr. Havinsham hair: it’s obvious this lady has serious repression issues to get her hair so… fine?

The part I think must be explored is Ms. Metrobay being kidnapped only to know how his powers work… after all, nobody expected her to become the incredible Shelley, didn’t they?

Great work as always!
Hector2

Next

Return to Trishbot