The Arrival

Discuss "Metrobay Comix" and other stories with Trishbot!

Re: The Arrival

Postby bluemax2 » July 2nd, 2012, 10:03 am

Trishbot:
Can't wait to see it.
Just love the alien mind control.

regards,

bluemax
bluemax2

Postby Trishbot » July 12th, 2012, 3:08 pm

Hey everyone! More interstellar lovin' is coming your way with the newest issue of "The Arrival"!

Valor Girl has already had one shocking encounter with life from beyond our known galaxy. Is she prepared for another? She'd better be, because our sexy blue visitor is going to MAKE her understand, whether Valor Girl agrees with her or not! But while our two beauties may not be able to understand one another, there is ONE universal language our alien visitor DOES speak very fluently...

Catch the alien love-session here: http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=42219

Thanks for reading, everyone, and thanks for supporting MCComix!
Trishbot

Postby Hector2 » July 22nd, 2012, 9:52 pm

Oh my! Learning by sex? Seriously?

Well, I have seen something like that (of all places) in the Teen Titans cartoon, when alien Starfire kiss earthling superhero Robin so she can absorb his knowledge about humankind.

Don’t look me like that, google it! And no, I don’t have any idea if this idea comes from the comics (or if it has to be a kiss).

Well, now that we know how aliens could speak English, we are ready to hear a story… wait, if she is an empathy, why Lunaria doesn’t “enter” Valor Girl mind and shows her all the story of her planet and how she came to earth? Like those videos in late talk shows…

What? Worked for Johny Carson, isn’t it?

I’m anxious to see next issue!
Hector2

Postby MacroLass » July 22nd, 2012, 11:32 pm

Both of your links are messed up Hector, you need to fix them.
MacroLass

Postby Hector2 » July 23rd, 2012, 7:28 am

Thanks Macrolass!
Hector2

Postby Trishbot » August 8th, 2012, 10:53 pm

Hey everyone! The finale to "The Arrival" is finally here! So how does Valor Girl's first encounter with extra-terrestrial life conclude?

The blue-skinned beauty from beyond the cosmos, Lunaria, is stranded on earth, with only Valor Girl there to confide in. But who is this mysterious silver-maned maiden from beyond our world? What tragic fate led her to our humble blue planet? All will be revealed as Lunaria recounts the long and difficult journey that began on a peaceful planet much like our own, yet fate, and the arrival of a powerful alien force, would forever change her people's history. What secrets lie in Lunaria's past, and what future awaits her so far from home in the city of Metrobay? Discover for yourselves in "The Arrival" Issue 5, only at MCComix!

See the resolution here: http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=43207

Thanks for reading, everyone! Let me know what you think! And thanks for supporting MCComix!
Trishbot

Postby fools_page » August 10th, 2012, 9:46 pm

I enjoyed the story, especially the last chapter which provided the new heroine Lunaria's background. The Randar aliens were engaging, both in the way they initially enslave a subject but then have to perform some form of modification to make the control permanent. The "blank-eyed" look of the enslaved alt. aliens (neither Lunaria's race nor the Randar) was quite effective.

The character's introduction, too, is a good one, filling an element into MCComix I haven't seen a great deal of, i.e., the alien presence soon often seen in mainstream comics. Lots of character potential there, including, of course, the eventual return of the enslaving aliens and the threat they pose to Earth.

A good story.

fools_page
fools_page

Postby Trishbot » August 11th, 2012, 9:06 pm

fools_page wrote:I enjoyed the story, especially the last chapter which provided the new heroine Lunaria's background. The Randar aliens were engaging, both in the way they initially enslave a subject but then have to perform some form of modification to make the control permanent. The "blank-eyed" look of the enslaved alt. aliens (neither Lunaria's race nor the Randar) was quite effective.

Yeah. I wanted the Randar to not be all-powerful, so their control is limited... so they knew that conquering and enslaving other races would require something more effective and permanent. And I liked coming up with all those alien designs. ;)

fools_page wrote:The character's introduction, too, is a good one, filling an element into MCComix I haven't seen a great deal of, i.e., the alien presence soon often seen in mainstream comics. Lots of character potential there, including, of course, the eventual return of the enslaving aliens and the threat they pose to Earth.

A good story.

fools_page

I'm actually really interested to hear what readers think of having Metrobay's first alien superheroine join the team. How will she adjust to life on earth? How will the others respond to such a different sort of crimefighter in their midst?

I think she's going to be LOADS of fun to use... One thing I didn't really get the time to share in this story is Lunaria's people had MUCH different views about sex... and I think you'll see how she feels about it when she starts bumping into some of Metrobay's hotter heroines...
Trishbot

Postby Tecknophyle » August 11th, 2012, 9:22 pm

Trishbot wrote:I think she's going to be LOADS of fun to use... One thing I didn't really get the time to share in this story is Lunaria's people had MUCH different views about sex... and I think you'll see how she feels about it when she starts bumping into some of Metrobay's hotter heroines...

She has a different view about sex than the people in Metrobay? So, her planet was one of uptight prudes? She will stand out in Metrobay! :D
Tecknophyle

Postby Trishbot » August 11th, 2012, 9:43 pm

Tecknophyle wrote:
Trishbot wrote:I think she's going to be LOADS of fun to use... One thing I didn't really get the time to share in this story is Lunaria's people had MUCH different views about sex... and I think you'll see how she feels about it when she starts bumping into some of Metrobay's hotter heroines...

She has a different view about sex than the people in Metrobay? So, her planet was one of uptight prudes? She will stand out in Metrobay! :D

Actually, her views on sex make Max Indeks look like a prude. :D
Trishbot

Postby fools_page » August 11th, 2012, 10:06 pm

She also has the potential for much pathos. The last chapter describes how she was captured by her own mother, reduced to a "cattle husk." If I have a criticism of the story, it is that too little time was spent on this element . . . Lunaria's adaptation to Earth seems rushed, in this sense. On the other hand, that is not the intent of the story - it is erotica, after all - and I can see why you wouldn't want to focus on it too much, at least at this early stage.

So, getting back to pathos . . . much potential. This is a character who has lost her entire world, seen every person she has ever known reduced to slavery. If that doesn't fit the role of a angst-ridden heroine, I can't think of what would.
fools_page

Postby Trishbot » August 11th, 2012, 10:11 pm

fools_page wrote:She also has the potential for much pathos. The last chapter describes how she was captured by her own mother, reduced to a "cattle husk." If I have a criticism of the story, it is that too little time was spent on this element . . . Lunaria's adaptation to Earth seems rushed, in this sense. On the other hand, that is not the intent of the story - it is erotica, after all - and I can see why you wouldn't want to focus on it too much, at least at this early stage.

So, getting back to pathos . . . much potential. This is a character who has lost her entire world, seen every person she has ever known reduced to slavery. If that doesn't fit the role of a angst-ridden heroine, I can't think of what would.

I always try and keep my stories somewhat fun and lighthearted, and Lunaria will be the same way, but you're right. She's been through a VERY traumatic ordeal and she's not going to suddenly be "okay" with it for a long, long time, if ever. Right now, she sort of feels obligated to protect Metrobay because she literally has nowhere else she can go. She's stuck there, and she feels a sense of gratitude towards Valor Girl for even offering a stranger like her a home. But those growing pains are definitely going to be featured in future stories. So, despite Valor Girl claiming she'll "fit right in", it's not going to be THAT easy for her. Even the concept of fighting crime is new to her; she admits it herself she had been running this whole time instead of fighting.

BUT that doesn't mean she's not going to make the best of a bad situation, and I wager more than few heroines are going to warm up to her as time passes.... We just have to wait and see what's in store for Metrobay's newest, bluest member.
Trishbot

Postby xarielx » August 17th, 2012, 11:42 pm

I'll echo other sentiments and say I very much enjoyed this story, and Lunaria as a whole. I do think her flight to Earth was rushed, and would have liked to see more exploration of the Randar. Regarding aliens, Metrobay seems to be a perfect setting, seemingly set in the 1950's/1960's era permanently, for alien invasions and visits. It would be wonderful to see Lunaria act as the squad' deterrent to all alien menaces.
xarielx

Previous

Return to Trishbot