New "Mind Over magic" series by Trishbot!

Discuss "Metrobay Comix" and other stories with Trishbot!

Re: New "Mind Over magic" series by Trishbot!

Postby Doctor Robo » April 23rd, 2010, 10:40 pm

Looks like Trishbot and I were posting at about the same time. Funny. :)

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby nitpicker » May 15th, 2010, 7:56 pm

Love the story. When will be the next update?
nitpicker

Postby ach202577 » May 27th, 2010, 11:06 pm

it'll be worth the wait they are under staffed with the real world intruding into the fantasy times are tough
ach202577

Postby jarlaxxle » July 25th, 2010, 4:36 pm

Yea summer usually has that effect, and the down economy isnt helping. What little free time ppl have is either filled with extra work hours, side jobs, or stealing a minute for yourself on a beach or movie. Things will pick up after the weather stabilizes. :)
jarlaxxle

Postby Trishbot » August 12th, 2010, 2:36 pm

Hey everyone...
Just a bit of a status update. The update is done, and has been done for over a week now, but I'm having trouble signing in to the gallery to post the update. So, either we wait until I get my sign-in stuff fixed or until Finister and/or Doc can get in and post it for me. I don't know when that'll be, though, so until then you all will just have to hang tight! It's done and I really want to share, but you'll have to wait just a little bit longer.
Trishbot

Postby Trishbot » August 12th, 2010, 4:55 pm

Hey everyone! Finister Foul and I are here with an epically long Mind Over Magic issue for you all to enjoy!

Enchantress and Goldwing's hunt for Spellweaver has lead them to Lorenzo Trance, who has once again assumed his criminal identity as Professor Spellbinder! But tracking the vile fiend down to his secret lair was only half the struggle. Standing in their way is a bevy of entranced women, a power-mad villain, and their own unresolved issues! But as things heat up and the stakes are raised, Enchantress finally makes a fateful decision that will determine not only her own future, but possibly the fate all those closest to her! Is the ex-con truly redeemed, or is the darkness within her too great to resist? Find out in "Mind Over Magic", only at MCComix!

Check it out here: http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=13392

Thanks for the patience, and thanks for supporting MCComix guys!
Trishbot

Postby Tecknophyle » August 12th, 2010, 10:25 pm

Just a small comment: overall pretty good, but the textboxes infodumping all the time are often redundant. For instance the "it doesn't take long before Goldwing's uniform lies in pieces..." The text doesn't actually provide anything that can't be seen in the image or the dialogue already. Similarly the "Snowflake slumps to the ground, incapacitated..." panel, same thing.
Tecknophyle

Postby Trishbot » August 12th, 2010, 10:48 pm

Yes, I'm aware of the narrations. It's always a balancing act, and there were a lot of impromptu changes in this chapter (having Snowflake in it, for example) I had to deal with, and I may have over-explained things a bit. Other times, I intentionally include "redundant" descriptions to emphasize certain actions and events, but for the most part I want to leave Fin's art as unobstructed as possible. I'm not perfect, and I prefer to be overly descriptive rather than unintentionally cryptic, but I'm working on that balancing act.
Trishbot

Postby lordsomno » August 12th, 2010, 11:54 pm

What an incredibly hot update! Worth the wait for sure. And the setup for the next update. With two magic-wielders at his command, is Professor Spellbinder now powerful enough now to take on all the city's heroines? Will he use his usual modus operandi and command them while they sleep? 5 down and a few more to go. I cannot wait for the next update! Go Finster and go Trishbot!
lordsomno

Postby pelusa1ca » August 18th, 2010, 5:42 pm

That issue was great!

Spoiler - highlight to read:

It had shambling zombie walking gals, a villain betraying her comrade to try and bribe her way onto Professor Spellbinder's team only to get enslaved as well. What more could one ask for?

Keep up the great work and fantastic story...

P

PS: I don't mind the extra narration...it is like the old cartoons where the narrator is stating the obvious in their melodramatic voice…it also ate up air-time.
Supporter of MCComix and HIPcomix
pelusa1ca

Postby Trishbot » October 6th, 2010, 10:24 pm

Hey there, everyone! Finister Foul and I are back with the conclusion to "Mind Over Magic"!

It's been a long and wonderful road, but the final issue of "Mind Over Magic" is finally here. This is it, folks. Everything comes to a head in this issue. The fates of Spellweaver, Enchantress, Goldwing, and the rest of the cast hang in the balance. Will the evil Spellbinder succeed in his schemes to enslave all who oppose him? Has Enchantress's betrayal cost her her one chance at happiness and redemption? Will Spellweaver remain a mindless, spellbound slave forever?! All the answers lie within, in the exciting conclusion to "Mind Over Magic", available only at MCComix!

Check out the resolution here: http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=15466

I want to thank Finister Foul with all my heart for helping me tell this tale. This is the first story I've wrapped up here, and I couldn't have done it without him. Thanks to all the other wonderful artists, authors, and fans that kept me so excited and passionate to do this, and I look forward to giving you guys more awesome stories in the future!

Be sure to let Fin and I know how you liked the story, and thank you for supporting MCComix!
Trishbot

Postby Tecknophyle » October 7th, 2010, 11:37 am

Pretty decent ending: it was predictable how it would work out (anyone who didn't see it coming has got to be incredibly genre-blind), but good. Again, the narration is a tad redundant, the worst example being the one where Goldwing is channeling Batman. The dialogue actually does it far better, and far more succinctly, than the (to be honest) long-winded bit at the bottom. My opinion is that you write characterization and such far better through dialogue than what appears in the captions. That comes across as stiff and almost forced, while the dialogue flows far more naturally. Note that you didn't use it in the last two images, allowing the art to tell you everything you needed to know.

One thing I did find a bit off was that Enchantress clearly stated she remembered what she and Spellweaver had went through when they were enslaved by Mesmerella, but there was no mention at wanting to track her down. Yes, she was concerned about finding Spellweaver, but as far as they know the original villain is still out there.
Tecknophyle

Postby Trishbot » October 7th, 2010, 12:27 pm

Tecknophyle wrote:Pretty decent ending: it was predictable how it would work out (anyone who didn't see it coming has got to be incredibly genre-blind), but good. Again, the narration is a tad redundant, the worst example being the one where Goldwing is channeling Batman. The dialogue actually does it far better, and far more succinctly, than the (to be honest) long-winded bit at the bottom. My opinion is that you write characterization and such far better through dialogue than what appears in the captions. That comes across as stiff and almost forced, while the dialogue flows far more naturally. Note that you didn't use it in the last two images, allowing the art to tell you everything you needed to know.

One thing I did find a bit off was that Enchantress clearly stated she remembered what she and Spellweaver had went through when they were enslaved by Mesmerella, but there was no mention at wanting to track her down. Yes, she was concerned about finding Spellweaver, but as far as they know the original villain is still out there.

Thanks for the feedback!

I've received numerous complaints now about the narrations, though this was intentional. I was approaching it in the manner of the overly entertaining yet redundant narrators from the era of the Superfriends and such, but also to use the narrations to give that extra bit of info and character trivia that the dialogue alone wouldn't be enough to get through. Obviously, I stumbled a bit through that, and if you've read my "Body Image" comic you know the narration in that is very minimal, while Hypnotica's story is basically told from her perspective so almost every page has her opinions and views expressed. I tried to find a balance for this comic, and I guess I went overboard in some areas.

Also, to answer your question, I'd like to say this is the end of the story arc... but certainly not the story. There are definitely plans to bring Mesmerella back, and to have Spellweaver and Enchantress confront her, but those plans aren't in my hands, so you'll just have to see what Doc and the others have cooked up when the time comes.
Trishbot

Postby Akonkid » October 7th, 2010, 2:04 pm

Congrats to both Trishbot and Finister for delivering a rousing story of friendship and redemption sprinkled with ample helpings of sex and mind control. I couldn't ask for more.

I won't spoil anything for those that haven't read it, but I admit to being caught off guard by some of the revelations in this chapter. I thought for sure I knew what was going on in the past issues, only to find out that wasn't necessarily the case.

Lots of hot skin. I particularly liked Kitten naked on the floor, and the last panel of the comic, to me, sums up Enchantress entirely. She's a wildcard, a playful trickster, and she brings chaos, humor, and sexiness with her wherever she goes.

Excellent story. I can't wait to see how these big events are going to affect the heroines, villains, civilians, and Squad in the future.
If she would just do what I asked, I wouldn't need to use mind control!
Akonkid

Postby nageth » October 7th, 2010, 8:55 pm

Hoping there is more regarding Prestina and Tabby in future stories (somewhat disappointed that Prestina was missing for the last couple...not to mention poor Snowflake was forgotten outside).
nageth

PreviousNext

Return to Trishbot