New Gallery Upgrade July 2013

Discuss "Metrobay Comix" and other stories with Trishbot!

New Gallery Upgrade July 2013

Postby jpeger » July 8th, 2013, 9:56 am

I will be posting information regarding the gallery upgrade here.

Currently, the new URLs for the galleries are:

Our new free site is located at http://www.mccomix.com/gallery3 and our new member's site is located at http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery3

These are under public Beta.

Both locations are now available via iPhone, Android, or Tablet.

There are still some bugs. Please Email me at "admin [@] mccomix.com" if you have any issues.

Jpeger.
jpeger
Site Admin

Re: New Gallery Upgrade July 2013

Postby NoneNeeded » July 8th, 2013, 7:01 pm

If anyone cares, I deleted my previous post since Jpeger asked for emailed comments.
NoneNeeded

Postby jpeger » July 8th, 2013, 7:04 pm

I was trying to catch you saying that I'm inviting all comments.

You posed some very good questions. I would be happy to respond to them.

Jp.
jpeger
Site Admin

Postby jpeger » July 8th, 2013, 7:20 pm

None needed Posted a very interesting question about downloading the albums. I have been working with a module that will allow members to download entire chapters at one click of a button. The problem is, if it's used at the beginning of the site to try to download the entire site, it returns a server error. It will only work if you use it in a chapter.

It shows, however everywhere on the site. I enabled it to see you can see it in action. Is the little floppy icon in the table on the right.

The other question was about seeing the full images. The way this gallery works, it automatically figures out your screen size, and resizes the image to fit your screen when viewing fullscreen. However, if you right-click to save it, it will save at the original size, even if your screen shows it smaller. What this will do is prevent multiple sizes from being needed It will show you a medium-size thumbnail at first. Then if you click on the image it will show you the full-size, resized to your screen. Right clicking it will save the file to your computer at the original artist size.

I hope that answered all of your questions.

JP
jpeger
Site Admin

Postby NoneNeeded » July 8th, 2013, 7:56 pm

Thanks for the update.

I did try to click/r-clk as that seems to work at the MetroBay site. But here, the r-clk dismissed the re-sized image(using Firefox 22). I can try with other browsers if it would help.

Edit: Checked and it seems to work from IE9

Also R-Clk then Save Link As .. seems to work to download the original sized image in FireFox.

But no floppy icon that I can see.

So while not as easy as simply bundling up the set and downloading a zip, it isnt as bad as I feared.

Thanks for the followup.
NoneNeeded

Postby jpeger » July 8th, 2013, 8:16 pm

The zip function also will download the full sized versions. So there's another option for you.

On a sidenote, we have no affiliation with Metrobay, So I cannot comment nor can I compare abstract functionality. I'm doing what I feel is best for our site, and the members of our site.

Jp.
jpeger
Site Admin

Postby NoneNeeded » July 8th, 2013, 8:24 pm

jpeger wrote:The zip function also will download the full sized versions. So there's another option for you.

On a sidenote, we have no affiliation with Metrobay, So I cannot comment nor can I compare abstract functionality. I'm doing what I feel is best for our site, and the members of our site.

Jp.

I could not find a zip option in the new galleries. If it is coming, I am glad to hear it and can look forward to it arriving.

I will say that the presentation does seem a bit sleeker.

I'll shut up for a while and let others chime in. Good Luck.
NoneNeeded

Postby jpeger » July 8th, 2013, 8:28 pm

It's the floppy in the upper right, under the artists login button.
jpeger
Site Admin

Postby NoneNeeded » July 9th, 2013, 4:53 am

I don't see it. Don't want top waste your time on this so feel free to say you'll look into it and I'll shut up. I really am just trying to help and not be a PITA.

Could it be an author only setting?
mccomix.jpg
mccomix.jpg (7.67 KiB) Viewed 1235014 times
NoneNeeded

Postby jpeger » July 9th, 2013, 6:22 am

That was my fault, I was not as descriptive as I should've been, I only reactivated for the free section to show you the functionality. I went ahead and activated it for the members site also. But remember it only works chapter by chapter, if you try to download too much it's error 500's out the server. This is why I had it disabled, I need to find a solution to that issue before making it public.
jpeger
Site Admin

Postby jpeger » July 13th, 2013, 7:40 am

Today I switched the links from the old gallery to the new gallery on the site.

The old gallery is still available for archive purposes, but we ask that everyone look for new material in the new gallery.

Our new free site is located at http://www.mccomix.com/gallery3 and our new member's site is located at http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery3
jpeger
Site Admin

Postby bluemax2 » July 17th, 2013, 11:21 am

Dear Admin:
HOw do we download stories in the new gallery? Is that option available at all??

thanks.

Bluemax
bluemax2

Postby jpeger » July 17th, 2013, 12:00 pm

It is an option, but currently I have it turned off. There is a problem with the zip system as it's currently written into the gallery. If somebody from the first album attempts to add all of the artists into the cart, it crashes the server. It's just simply too much for the server to handle. Until I can figure out a way to limit the ability to download down the tree till it's just add an episode, I'm afraid I have to leave it toggled off.
jpeger
Site Admin

Return to Trishbot