"Sword & Shield" Update!

Discuss "Metrobay Comix" and other stories with Trishbot!

"Sword & Shield" Update!

Postby Trishbot » July 8th, 2011, 9:55 pm

Hey everyone!
After a long stretch, I'm very pleased to officially unveil the artist for the big conclusion to Sword & Shield.
But perhaps I should let the man do the honors instead.

AND NOW A WORD FROM OUR ARTIST:

It's still a bit off before we can post the issue, but we should have plenty of teasers to come very soon to tie you all over, and you can be sure to see more of Sword & Shield in MC Tek's exciting stories!

Thanks again for being so patient!

-Trish
Trishbot

Re: "Sword & Shield" Update!

Postby begbie_rentonspud » July 8th, 2011, 10:51 pm

Well... It looks like the pressure is officially on. :P But seriously...

First off, I would just like to thank Trish and MC Tek for this opportunity. I've been wanting to make a splash here at MC Comix for the longest and when this project presented itself, I had to take it. And who knows, maybe I'll start doing something along the lines of my own work... Maybe.

Now, I just wanted to also say that your patience is much appreciated. I don't have a definite date of when exactly this comic will be finished, but I swear on Mjolnir, the almighty hammer of Thor, that it will get done. But this whole entire process has taught me that I need to go far and beyond what I know and bring you the best daggum artwork you have seen out of me yet. Don't believe me? Here.

SSTeaser1.jpg

Just kidding. Heh... Stick figures with bewbs... :P

Anyway, just bear with me, folks, and I will promise you the same quality you always expect out of the artists and writers here at MC Comix. Now, back to the cave.

Begbie_Rentonspud
begbie_rentonspud

Postby Hector2 » July 27th, 2011, 10:21 pm

HI there Trishbot and Begbie_Rentonspud!

I only want to tell you that I'm expecting the final chapter anxiously! I seem to remember that RingMistress mentioned at "The Resort Tales" that Liberty Grove was a "fiasco", so I want to know what happened.

There's something I don't like about the character Ringmistress, but I could not point exactly what it is. But I have to concede that she is the only villain who has been capable of enslaving an heroine (besides Belinda) for a long time. Maybe the thing is the constant references to Doogal.

This is not a critique, I recognize the character is well written, only that something doesn't ring with me, if I am sounding pompous, please forgive me.

Keep up the good work

Hector 2
Hector2

Postby Trishbot » July 30th, 2012, 11:29 am

What's this?

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=51830

Is that... a release date? Of THIS WEEK?!

It sure is! New Sword & Shield chapter coming your way, folks!
Trishbot

Postby TheAngelicOne » July 30th, 2012, 11:48 am

And that (As well as Fini, NC and MCTek's feedback on my fanart) made my day. :)
TheAngelicOne

Postby Champ » July 30th, 2012, 3:15 pm

*cries* I am burning with excitement.
Champ

Postby sohta123 » July 30th, 2012, 7:53 pm

TheAngelicOne wrote:And that (As well as Fini, NC and MCTek's feedback on my fanart) made my day. :)

What she said!!!
sohta123

Postby MacroLass » July 30th, 2012, 9:50 pm

Woo hoo! <gets out the popcorn and makes ready the comfy chair>

So glad to see this. About the only thing that'd make it better would be a MacroLass cameo. < j/k > ;)
MacroLass

Postby begbie_rentonspud » July 30th, 2012, 10:28 pm

MacroLass wrote:Woo hoo! <gets out the popcorn and makes ready the comfy chair>

So glad to see this. About the only thing that'd make it better would be a MacroLass cameo. < j/k > ;)

Well, Macrolass... I'll see if I could work it out. ;) But come to think of it, I am lacking a Macrolass drawing... Hm...

As for this new comic... Seen bits... And day-mn... For my part, this is some of the best work. And Trish is making this really shine. Simply awesome.

~Begs
begbie_rentonspud

Postby Hector2 » July 31st, 2012, 8:05 am

Great news! I'm sure it would be awesome!

So, this will be the final issue, won't it?
Hector2

Postby begbie_rentonspud » July 31st, 2012, 3:50 pm

Hector2 wrote:Great news! I'm sure it would be awesome!

So, this will be the final issue, won't it?

No... I got carried away with this issue that we have to make one more. You'll see why on Saturday.

~Begs
begbie_rentonspud

Postby Hector2 » July 31st, 2012, 4:50 pm

Ok, I always thought there were a lot of story to tell for finishing in onlly a issue!
Hector2

Postby Hector2 » August 25th, 2012, 6:21 pm

Dear Trishbot and Begbie:

Issue # 7 was great, I think that I was so eager to see the conclusión of this story that I am willing to Exchange the resolution only to see more of your work!
I think the pencils are even better than other issues and the colors are so bright that this reminds me of a lighter comic book and not the conclusion of a fairy dark story.

Page 1: The heroines to the rescue!

Page 2: I love the change of focus to show the dialog, clever trick!

Page 4: Ring Misstress is truly showing a deranged behavior, but I think she is intoxicated with victory: Everything has gone as her plan, even her dangerous experiments with DNA. It’s understable she feels smug.

Page 5 to 8: Here we see Ring Mistress treating Fluffy very bad, she is condescending even when she herself lowered Fluffy’s IQ. This is so smug, that only when we read Chain Reaction we can begin to understand that Ring Mistress has several issues with Fluffy.

Page 8 to 20: An orgy with all her slaves? Ring Mistress certainly had issues!

Page 21 and 22: I would have thought that this kind of situations could have been managed by the heroines who are part of a group and specifically trained, but if you see someone you love in an orgy with some strange mutants, what would you do except charge?

Page 24: I just loooove when a villain put her best “Oh Crap” face when the heroines come! Congratulations!

The thing I love the most is that we already know the end: Ring Mistress will escape with her love… or at least her obsession, and now we have a tale with were – kitties! I certainly will love to see more endings like that: the villain is defeated, but he escapes with her most precious conquest and swears to come back and destroy those meddling heroines and their talking dog!

I am anxious to see next issue!
Hector2

Postby Champ » August 25th, 2012, 6:32 pm

Its top notch! I am excited for the conclusion! :)
Champ

Return to Trishbot