Catatonic Kitty

Discuss the "Metrobay Universe" and other stories with Finister Foul!

Re: Catatonic Kitty

Postby Northern Chill » June 12th, 2011, 6:32 pm

Hector2 wrote:Hi Finister and Northern Chill!

First of all, I’m not critizing your work or characterization, I’m complaining about the character, Valaya’s, attitude. I hope my words don’t seem offensive and if this sounds like this, I sincerely apology for that.

I was looking at Valaya’s sexist attitude and how stupid and jerkish she was being (read: normal, being stupid is a pre – requisite to be sexist) but then, looking at his dreams… well, it was incredible!

I just cannot believe that Valaya could fall (even with that visor) for Draven Ophidian… the guy who destroyed her entire world just before the meteorite could finish the job…

Seriously, if we think about it, the meteorite somehow salved the situation… without that terrible accident, Draven will be now the absolute master of the world… the only redeeming quality of Valaya’s constant sexist and classist attitude (remember she is a true aristocrat) was the fact that she was the only woman who stood between total power and Draven, and now we see this?

I mean, falling for Von Ick is slightly less demeaning…

And about that, why Valaya is not at least remembering Ramrod? He was the only decent guy she has known in all his life, and instead is having fantasies with two of the most complete monster villains of all the Metrobay Universe? Outrageous.

I really hope the visor is to blame, because Valaya was a very flawed heroine and with this, is even worse.

And about AngelicOne question, isn't Pink Pussycat still a prisoner on APEX?

Thanks for your work!

Hector2

Hi Hector,

Thanks for the feedback. Keep in mind several things about the dreams that the Squad members experience:

- The dreams are going to be influenced by the visors they are wearing. We're talking APEX tech here so what they dream will be corrupted and highly erotic in nature.

- Valaya removing her tiara means her sex drive is going to be amped up even as she sleeps.

- The visor's purpose isn't just to warp the dreams of the Squad members. Think of the dreams as arousing distractions much like J.T. mulled over in an earlier chapter.

Yes, PP is still a captive at APEX...what part she plays will be seen in future chapters...good or... :twisted:

Northern Chill
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

"What does this story need?...more Franbot!!!"
Northern Chill

Postby bluemax2 » June 14th, 2011, 5:04 pm

Finn and Northern:
I do hope the visors are warping our heroines minds and reshaping them to take orders and do things they wouldn't usually or even think of.
More Greybots to be made? Sculpted? Formed?
You can never have enough white eyed greybots.

regards,

bluemax
bluemax2

Postby Tecknophyle » June 15th, 2011, 2:07 pm

There's a real-life version of mind control that I see far too little of in fiction that deals with the topic, and fits in perfectly with the setup thus far in the story.

The human mind is great at rationalization, and when confronted with something that it can't make sense of, often it will create a narrative, however ridiculous-sounding to an outside observer, that it can use to explain the situation. You can sometimes see this in patients that have had some form of brain injury.

One example is a guy who suffered a brain injury in a vehicle accident. What it did was cut the connection between his visual center and his emotional centers. Now, when you look at something familiar, the signal not only triggers a memory but emotional responses: if I see my parents, my siblings, my wife, or some guy I had a fight with, I get an associated emotional reaction, even if I'm not consciously aware of it. In the case of the accident victim, because his emotional center wasn't getting any input from his eyes, when he looked at something he knew (friends, family, his home), he recognized it but didn't get that emotional kick. His brain knew something was wrong, but couldn't understand why, and was therefore reaching the wrong conclusion to explain the discrepancy: that looks like my father, but I'm not getting the emotional response I should be getting, therefore that cannot be my father but someone who looks identical to him.

The accident didn't affect his hearing, so when he is on the phone with his parents the emotional response is just fine. But if he tried to talk to them face to face, the problem with his vision overrides his hearing, and he's absolutely convinced they are not his parents but someone who looks like them, it's not the house he lived in before the accident but an identical one that replaced the one he really did live in but had to have been torn down or something, and, most freakily, that is not his face in the mirror. And if you asked him why, his brain would create some kind of story to explain why someone who looked and sounded exactly like his parents and knew everything his parents should but clearly were not his parents was standing talking to him. The brain didn't recognize that the problem was with itself.

So, where this gets into mind control: if Max (or whoever) caused Valiant Woman to get aroused whenever she was around him (say due to dreams she was heaving that was unknowingly influencing her) and, most importantly, shut the hell up about why it was happening, her mind would create it's own rational explanations as to why it was happening. Maybe, (she rationalizes) Max is kind of attractive. And then she gets aroused being polite to him. Well, maybe he's not a bad sort. And then she gets aroused doing him a minor favour, and so on and so forth. And in the end, given enough time, you have a loyal servant who has essentially brainwashed herself. Do it skillfully enough and she might even rationalize that she wanted it to happen, so even if she finds out it doesn't matter any more.

The important part is gently guiding her down that garden path and allowing her to form her own conclusions: so no gloating, no showing off...well, okay, pretty much not Max then.
Tecknophyle

Postby Akonkid » November 21st, 2011, 6:24 pm

Just curious, but are there any plans for Catatonic Kitty/Catatonic Toys to continue? I've been enjoying it so far, and the idea of a dream machine that subjugates the wearer certainly allows for plenty of MC methods that don't need a complicated work-around, and for pairings that might otherwise not work.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that could see heroines like Alpha Woman or Ms. Metrobay enjoying them... but certainly Snowflake has her share of lust-crushes, Jade Lightning is long-overdue, and we could even get some insight into what turns on Crystal Cyclone, Omega Woman, or Solaria.

Food for thought.
If she would just do what I asked, I wouldn't need to use mind control!
Akonkid

Postby Northern Chill » November 30th, 2011, 6:11 pm

Akonkid wrote:Just curious, but are there any plans for Catatonic Kitty/Catatonic Toys to continue? I've been enjoying it so far, and the idea of a dream machine that subjugates the wearer certainly allows for plenty of MC methods that don't need a complicated work-around, and for pairings that might otherwise not work.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that could see heroines like Alpha Woman or Ms. Metrobay enjoying them... but certainly Snowflake has her share of lust-crushes, Jade Lightning is long-overdue, and we could even get some insight into what turns on Crystal Cyclone, Omega Woman, or Solaria.

Food for thought.

Well, if everything goes according to plan, look for at least one update in Catatonic this December...:)

No date set yet but things are getting sorted out...patience.

Northern Chill
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

Northern Chill

Postby Hector2 » November 30th, 2011, 9:58 pm

Hi Northern Chill

It's good to hear that! Also, I agree with Akon Kid, I think it would be cool to have more cameos from Jade, Crystal Ciclone or Solaria. Snowflake herself has a lot of cameos, but she is such a fan favorite that I don't think anyone will complain if she is presented again in next issues!

Hector
Hector2

Postby Northern Chill » December 13th, 2011, 11:24 pm

Hello everybody!..well, after several months, we are back with chapter 5 of Catatonic Toys.

Honeydoll is a unique crimefighting heroine in Metrobay...confident, a tech genius who uses all sorts of gadgets to fight the vilest villains. When visiting the Squad HQ, Honeydoll is introduced to a new gadget brought to the attention of her fellow crimefighters and is somewhat eager to give it a try? What awaits her as Honeydoll slips into slumberland and how does Pink Pussycat figure into all of this?

Find this steamy update at http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=42078

Major kudos to Fin for some truly outstanding art in this chapter and MCTek for great postwork and graphics details.

Enjoy this update, everybody!!!

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby TheAngelicOne » December 14th, 2011, 1:33 pm

Very sexy update. :3
TheAngelicOne

Postby Hector2 » January 7th, 2012, 1:06 pm

Dear Northern Chill and Finister Foul:

At least it’s easy to set the continuity of this tale: after Musk of the Minsk part 1 and before The Resort tales. Good work of foreshadowing with Bea’s commentary of “If only I had a sister to talk to”.

And now the visor has the power to change the perceptions of the wearer in reality? Something so integral of a personality like the sexual orientation? I didn’t realize that the visor could do that in the other issues, but then…

Then you did something incredible, you have made Max cool! This was a simple, well tought, foolproof, cost effective plan to enslave all the heroines without any risk! This move is sooo cool, I cannot believe Max pulled it! Could it be possible be Madam Minx or Belinda in disguise?

Eh… did Max take Pink Pussycat from Apex Lab into his bedroom? Well, that’s definitely the true Max after all.

I am anxious to see next issue!

Hector.
Hector2

Postby Northern Chill » March 22nd, 2012, 3:20 pm

Getting very close to another chapter being ready for posting here at the site but to sate your interest for now, the cover for it has been posted http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=45002

Interesting, yes...?

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby TheAngelicOne » March 22nd, 2012, 5:09 pm

Absolutely. :3
TheAngelicOne

Postby sohta123 » March 22nd, 2012, 5:41 pm

Drooooollll.... :twisted:
sohta123

Postby hypno85 » March 22nd, 2012, 9:17 pm

Yes Yes Yes :D
hypno85

Postby Northern Chill » March 23rd, 2012, 2:08 pm

Hello everyone...well, with everyone's frantic schedule, I thought today I'd release the first part of chapter 6 of Catatonic. Now, I will say that if everything goes to plan, the second part won't be long after this and will be well worth the wait and then some....

In this installment, Alpha Woman is the leader of the Squad and all the worries that come with it. As the famous heroine settles in for a solitary night of sleep, see how her visions and private beliefs are twisted by the visor she wears...or is it something more? Elsewhere, two heroines are endeavouring to rescue the vivacious Pink Pussycat unaware that their actions are being monitored by technology unique to APEX. Will they succeed or fall into the clutches of Max...?

Read part 1 of the next installment of Catatonic..."Catatonic Queen" at http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=45048

Thanks to Finister Foul and MCTek for their amazing work in this update!!

Enjoy!

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby hypno85 » March 23rd, 2012, 7:22 pm

Do you know ther is two 86 page
one is 86 and 86-001
both are the same thing.
hypno85

PreviousNext

Return to Finister Foul