Catatonic Kitty

Discuss the "Metrobay Universe" and other stories with Finister Foul!

Re: Catatonic Kitty

Postby Northern Chill » March 24th, 2011, 9:34 am

Hector2 wrote:Dear Finister:

Do robots dream of electric sheep?

I ask you this because the Apex technology JT is using could have worked with Marcy, but how could have worked in an artificial construct like Mechana, who has not the need to sleep? What if Mechana’s err.. Antivirus defenses checked the program in the technology sent to them? Mechana is not someone whom you will risk being angry at you, as JT knows so well from past interactions…

Anyway, I loved this chapter, but I think Mechana was one of the only members of the Superheroines who could have been unaffected by this device… unless you know, the guy behind the technology was coached by Belinda or Ted… But I digress as always.

Northern Chill here. This actually was a bit of a plot point that I had to sort out mentally and was brought up at length by other creative types here at the site.

As noted in this story chapter, Mechana doesn't sleep, no, but the coding built into the visors shipped to SS and Mechana work on different levels for each (the human mind for SS, Mechana's computer circuits). If this was an aggressive computer coding, yes, Mechana and SS would have both have made it go bye bye in the matter of a second or so with their individual defenses. However, this coding is geared to work where the path of least resistance would occur and incoroporate past memories of the subject into it.

Now, the notion that only Belinda or Ted might be able to think a way to tweak Mechana's codes would be true if Mechana was new and just out of the shop, so to speak. However, time has passed and technology never stands still. It's not beyond the realm of possibility of a APEX tech guy like J.T. to be able to incorporate coding specific to Mechana given the knowledge he would have of what makes her tick.

And about the last panel: Why everyone in Metrobay is a jerk? Why O’Sullivan parks in prohibited space just out of a Police precint? What’s with the uniform? I’m not complaining, by the way.

For delivery people, it's all about getting the delivery on time and quick as possible. I'm sure that Tamry could say she's there on Squad business and she'd get a warning, at best.

The uniform...?...why, I'd like to think that it fits the company's name rather perfectly. Besides, it helps avoid problems like illegal parking quarrels methinks. (Many thanks to Finister on that look).

Glad you enjoyed the chapter..look for more as the plan proceeds!!... :twisted:
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

"What does this story need?...more Franbot!!!"
Northern Chill

Postby Northern Chill » March 24th, 2011, 9:39 am

dumbtime wrote:Super hot update. Loved seeing Silver Satin/Marcy getting it on with J.T. I think duping her and Mechanca was the best way to get them inside SS. They were the best lithmus test for the visors.

For a future idea in the series, It would be awesome to see the process as it is happening to the victim as the devices makes them slip into the deep slumber that puts them in the dream scenario.

Thanks, dumbtime. When Finister asked me to start writing this series, I mused over a way to best incorporate the Squad into it and how to get the "trojan horse" (visors) into their hands. SS and Mechana were the best, and most logical, way without getting too complicated or too simple (does that make sense?..not really...;) ).

Lots of fun lays ahead.

Northern Chill
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

Northern Chill

Postby Hector2 » March 25th, 2011, 12:00 am

Hi Northern Chill

Thanks for adressing all my questions! I regularly overwhelm Finister with them, but thanks for some very well tought answers.

Now that I think of it, it's only logic that JT, after meeting Marcy and Mechana, would be interested enough in her to research his robotic brain, and so being capable of make the tech necesary to enslave the sexy robot.

Just one question: When they are talking, Marcy mentions to Mechana "Baby doll", she ask her again and Marcy tells her to forget it. I didn't get the reference... is she refering to Pris Wellington?

Thank you

Hector
Hector2

Postby Northern Chill » March 25th, 2011, 11:42 am

Hector2 wrote:Hi Northern Chill

Thanks for adressing all my questions! I regularly overwhelm Finister with them, but thanks for some very well tought answers.

Now that I think of it, it's only logic that JT, after meeting Marcy and Mechana, would be interested enough in her to research his robotic brain, and so being capable of make the tech necesary to enslave the sexy robot.

Just one question: When they are talking, Marcy mentions to Mechana "Baby doll", she ask her again and Marcy tells her to forget it. I didn't get the reference... is she refering to Pris Wellington?

Thank you

Hector

The "baby doll" reference was a bit of a nod to a passing thought by Marcy back in the "Digitial Desires" arc. Given the intimate nature of the relationship between Marcy and Mechana, pet names, shared or private, might exist between the two.

Northern Chill

Postby steverogers5 » March 27th, 2011, 12:25 pm

Oh the possibilities of thse visors intrigues me... :twisted: Reminds me a little of the ancient Next Generation episode of 'The Game. :ugeek: ' I wonder if we're going to be seeing a similar hostile takeover of the police squads HQ? :)
steverogers5

Postby lordsomno » May 9th, 2011, 12:46 pm

I really am enjoying this series. When will the next installment be ready? What kind of things can we expect to see?
lordsomno

Postby Northern Chill » May 9th, 2011, 1:08 pm

lordsomno wrote:I really am enjoying this series. When will the next installment be ready? What kind of things can we expect to see?

Hi Lordsomno,

Glad to see you're enjoying the series. I"m not sure when the next chapter will fall (we're busy as beavers behind the scenes) but I'm hoping it won't be too long.

As for what kind of things to see, no spoilers specifically but I think you'll find the visors will definitely show a steamy side of their wearer's minds as they sleep and dreams are twisted/warped by the APEX tech. You'll also see a wide range of characters show up during the arc and I can pretty much guarantee that some future chapters are going to be phenomenal.

Northern Chill

Postby lordsomno » May 9th, 2011, 5:50 pm

I can see it now, the sleeping members of the Superheroine Squad dream they are actually criminals committing crimes. And they act out their dreams nude!
lordsomno

Postby finister » May 17th, 2011, 1:38 pm

Thanks all and NothernChill for patience with the goofball artist! :P

A new Catatonic update should be released very soon! :D
finister

Postby Northern Chill » June 4th, 2011, 8:28 am

Just a note for those waiting for the next update in the Catatonic story arc....it should be uploaded some time today. Sorry about the wait!

Edit: Apologies to everybody....looks like the update won't be going up until Sunday or Monday due to unforeseen delays. Sorry again to everybody!

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby nitpicker » June 4th, 2011, 8:11 pm

I am sure the next installment will be worth the wait.
nitpicker

Postby Northern Chill » June 5th, 2011, 4:16 pm

Good news all around, everybody...:)

First off, talking with Finister Foul, we're going to try and update this story arc more often in the future until it finishes. Now, with that said, it means the times for updates might be a a bit smaller and unpredictable on the day it falls. With that in mind, the story is moving to the free section here at the site.

If you're not a member here at the site, this will be a good story for you to read as it touches not only upon a large number of characters in Metrobay but also references past story arcs involving Doctor Robo and Finister Foul's amazing characters.

With the latter in mind, Chapter 4 is posted and in this installment, the visors are in the hands of the Squad members and the first to sample it in the headquarters is Valiant Woman. However, she soon learns that the dreams she normally experiences are now changed thanks to APEX tech. Find out how as Max's plan gets under way...

Chapter 4: http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=25260

Catatonic story: http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=25005

Enjoy!

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby TheAngelicOne » June 5th, 2011, 5:30 pm

That's great news! Another brilliant installment, and very hot with the visor and erotic dreams. :3

Small question, does our fav kitty reappear soon? Hope I'm not sounding rude, just curious... ^^;
TheAngelicOne

Postby Northern Chill » June 5th, 2011, 5:46 pm

TheAngelicOne wrote:That's great news! Another brilliant installment, and very hot with the visor and erotic dreams. :3

Small question, does our fav kitty reappear soon? Hope I'm not sounding rude, just curious... ^^;

Ahhh, the Pink Pussycat question....although the story may have shifted focus to the Squad HQ, rest assured PP, and perhaps a few friends, shall appear again at some point.

Glad you enjoyed this installment!

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby Hector2 » June 11th, 2011, 11:04 pm

Hi Finister and Northern Chill!

First of all, I’m not critizing your work or characterization, I’m complaining about the character, Valaya’s, attitude. I hope my words don’t seem offensive and if this sounds like this, I sincerely apology for that.

I was looking at Valaya’s sexist attitude and how stupid and jerkish she was being (read: normal, being stupid is a pre – requisite to be sexist) but then, looking at his dreams… well, it was incredible!

I just cannot believe that Valaya could fall (even with that visor) for Draven Ophidian… the guy who destroyed her entire world just before the meteorite could finish the job…

Seriously, if we think about it, the meteorite somehow salved the situation… without that terrible accident, Draven will be now the absolute master of the world… the only redeeming quality of Valaya’s constant sexist and classist attitude (remember she is a true aristocrat) was the fact that she was the only woman who stood between total power and Draven, and now we see this?

I mean, falling for Von Ick is slightly less demeaning…

And about that, why Valaya is not at least remembering Ramrod? He was the only decent guy she has known in all his life, and instead is having fantasies with two of the most complete monster villains of all the Metrobay Universe? Outrageous.

I really hope the visor is to blame, because Valaya was a very flawed heroine and with this, is even worse.

And about AngelicOne question, isn't Pink Pussycat still a prisoner on APEX?

Thanks for your work!

Hector2
Hector2

PreviousNext

Return to Finister Foul