Tales of....

Got a great idea for a comic or pinup? Want to share it with our artists and writers? Write it up and post it here, and maybe someone will use it in a future MCcomix story!

Re: Tales of....

Postby mctek » April 6th, 2010, 7:15 pm

MC Presents, another recent to MC comix, now I know he comes from HIP, and seen about 1/4th of what he has there and all of what is here. He's as done some risky things, if not out there at times certainly things that wouldn't have dawn on some of us. He did have some ideas that looked cool, maybe better if they stood on there on such as the MC sports team. His rendering is done pretty well, thou I wonder why he leaves out shadows, I assume it takes a lot of his computer. While there is potential, some improvements could help out a bit. Pacing being the main culprit as the story jumps around quite a bit, and not giving enough time to character development. His multi panel work is missing from club pump and it probably would have benefit more if he kept to that format here.

Man, Finister Foul, one of the best artists for both HIP and MCcomix, certainly one of the busiest I know. His ability to bring Doc and Trish's stories to life is awe dropping. His character creation skills outstrip a lot of others I seen, certainly a lot better then mine, and I do 2D work. How he finds the time to teach me a bit of his craft is beyond me. I have a love for his work on Illicit Rendezvous, Mind over Magic, Hypnotica as well night of the drones, man some awesome stuff. His early work had issues; man those issues are long since gone. Eer, Long live Fin?

Dumbtime, one more new person who kind of has that one great idea you wish you had, only he has more then one of those. Seriously his American Amazon shorts I really dig. The storytelling is good, certainly closer to Doc and Trish while his art renders are fantastic and fresh. While his central focus is AA, would like to see him do other characters as well. Maybe a cross over or two with the superheroine squad or Pink Pussycat. Just food for thought on my part, he certainly deserves more attention for his work.

man that was alot @.@ thanks for read! Might have some new later guys

til then

MCtek~
mctek

Postby Doctor Robo » April 7th, 2010, 9:24 pm

mctek wrote:First up is Doc as the master of the site, Doc has travelled along way since HIP started, like most of the other artists and writers here we all had a start somewhere. Originally a lot of those characters you read about such as Valiant Grrl, were one time use characters. Naturally you guys plead for more and he started using them more often, leading to big stories and events. Story telling wise Doc has a great sense of direction and planning to his stories, at first there was a lack of character development there mainly for the above said reason. As the site grew, the characters grew. It's nice that quality over quantity has been more of Doc's thing now. Instead a mass amount of characters getting control there's a focus on a few with more thought given to plot and detail. Loving his current story arc, nice to see Ginger being more then cardboard cut out, even enthrall to Max as she is she has feelings and thoughts she calls her own. If anything my only real concern if there will be more like this.

Hi MCtek. Thanks for the wonderful comments. It's apparent that you put a lot of thought into you recent posts, and I think I speak for all of us at MCcomix when I say that we are most appreciative.

I have been following your forum threads since you started posting here at MCcomix and I have admired your work. You have a very simple yet pleasing art style, one that translates well in either pin-up or comic form. I look forward to seeing more of what you have to offer in the future.

Thanks again,
- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby leto17 » April 8th, 2010, 7:56 pm

I love the beehive picture! Thanks!
leto17

Postby mctek » April 9th, 2010, 8:56 pm

thanks Doc, glad you enjoyed it leto, and now for my bit o news!

*ahem*

Sword and Shield # 2 : The Ring Mistress!

Ever wonder how the hell The Ring Mistress managed to beat 3 of Liberty grove's finest martial artist? If not and still wanna know anyway, look no farther then this issue my friends, as things will be explained, women will be hypnotized and a certain feline makes her way to the city of Liberty grove. And find what sword and shield have been doing since their first official comic debut.

Coming Soon! ( no clue when though, still coloring this one, much longer a story then the last one with more effects too.)
Attachments
cover2_1.jpg
mctek

Postby mctek » April 28th, 2010, 8:14 pm

Hey gang!

Mctek here with some bit o news! First off thanks to trishbot for the awesome stuff she does for sword and shield along with the other awesome stories she works on. Although I would also like to take the time to thank Fin for suggesting a comic in the first place :D And Doc for letting me drop this story for you guys, which by the way doc sorry for the small reply i gave earlier school and the comic had me busy, mostly art school, y~ay physics.....if anyone knows how to do physics please teach me! freebie art in return

On to the news! As you guys know this started with a request i posted here which you can see the earlier versions here on my thread, and has led to this comic, sadly with the super busy amount of work both akon and Fin are up too, they will be unable to do it at this time, but fear not i see 3D covers in the future! Which i'm ok with as i know they are committed to other stories first, since my story is a request. So instead i will be undertaking the rest of my request my self. Hopefully you guys like my run as i do things much differently from Fin and akonkid(still can't master his jack kirby ish dramatic angles thou, working on it!). I did plan a couple of issues for this, so i'm looking at an issue per month, i wanna say by September is when my run ends plus an extra bonus mini issue. I'll try to keep on track as best i can. thanks again for reading sword and shield!

MCtek~

Sword and Shield #3

Look out Libery Grove Pink Pussycat is on the prowl! Pink has finally arrived and is looking into the weird events that seem to have spread from Liberty Grove to Metrobay City, but has she fallen into a trap? The twin crime figthers known as sword and shield are at it again this time taking down a group of misfit crooks. While Shield's girlfriend Megan Plainsmith formerly Cybergrrl is pondering her decision to hang up her cape.
Attachments
sscover3.jpg
mctek

Postby TheAngelicOne » May 1st, 2010, 9:22 pm

mctek wrote:Hey gang!

Mctek here with some bit o news! First off thanks to trishbot for the awesome stuff she does for sword and shield along with the other awesome stories she works on. Although I would also like to take the time to thank Fin for suggesting a comic in the first place :D And Doc for letting me drop this story for you guys, which by the way doc sorry for the small reply i gave earlier school and the comic had me busy, mostly art school, y~ay physics.....if anyone knows how to do physics please teach me! freebie art in return

On to the news! As you guys know this started with a request i posted here which you can see the earlier versions here on my thread, and has led to this comic, sadly with the super busy amount of work both akon and Fin are up too, they will be unable to do it at this time, but fear not i see 3D covers in the future! Which i'm ok with as i know they are committed to other stories first, since my story is a request. So instead i will be undertaking the rest of my request my self. Hopefully you guys like my run as i do things much differently from Fin and akonkid(still can't master his jack kirby ish dramatic angles thou, working on it!). I did plan a couple of issues for this, so i'm looking at an issue per month, i wanna say by September is when my run ends plus an extra bonus mini issue. I'll try to keep on track as best i can. thanks again for reading sword and shield!

MCtek~

Sword and Shield #3

Look out Libery Grove Pink Pussycat is on the prowl! Pink has finally arrived and is looking into the weird events that seem to have spread from Liberty Grove to Metrobay City, but has she fallen into a trap? The twin crime figthers known as sword and shield are at it again this time taking down a group of misfit crooks. While Shield's girlfriend Megan Plainsmith formerly Cybergrrl is pondering her decision to hang up her cape.

That cover's so damn hawt, I can't wait! X3
TheAngelicOne

Postby mctek » May 4th, 2010, 1:02 am

lol thanks One. if you like the cover, the comic should send ya to cloud 9.

MCtek~
mctek

Postby mctek » May 4th, 2010, 12:09 pm

:D if anyone would like to chat on yahoo, just send me a pm, lol just be aware i can't give away spoilers and so forth.

MCTek~
mctek

Postby TheAngelicOne » May 5th, 2010, 10:38 am

mctek wrote:lol thanks One. if you like the cover, the comic should send ya to cloud 9.

MCtek~
Awesome, can't wait even more. XD
TheAngelicOne

Previous

Return to Requests