A Thought About "Greybots"

Got a great idea for a comic or pinup? Want to share it with our artists and writers? Write it up and post it here, and maybe someone will use it in a future MCcomix story!

Re: A Thought About "Greybots"

Postby leto17 » October 2nd, 2011, 7:13 pm

Yes, Techophyle's work is awesome. I hope to see more sometime in the future...that who "School" title sounds really intriguing to me.
leto17

Postby Tecknophyle » October 12th, 2011, 10:08 pm

Have I mentioned how much I like PoserPro 2012?

This is a raw image from something I'm working on right now. I've mostly got the settings I need to pump out renders at the level I want them at in a reasonable time frame (so not waiting for hours to push out something of this quality). It's still a significant time so it means it takes a while to produce a comic.
Attachments
Promo02.jpg
Tecknophyle

Postby bluemax2 » October 16th, 2011, 6:16 pm

Technophyle:
Do you post elsewhere?
Do you have other work we can see online?
Please do consider some McComix series.

Keep it up.

regards,

bluemax
bluemax2

Postby leto17 » November 2nd, 2011, 2:05 pm

Hey Technophyle, got plans for a story with the Greybots? I hope to see more of your work; it is always fantastic and I'd love to see what story you could generate.
leto17

Postby Tecknophyle » November 2nd, 2011, 11:56 pm

I have something in the works, but it will probably be a bit to get done: real life strikes as I'm traveling the next two weeks for work, then a good chunk of early December in Hawai'i for my first real vacation in years, and due to various commitments I didn't get as much done this past month as I would have liked.
Tecknophyle

Postby leto17 » November 3rd, 2011, 5:13 am

Okay thank! Enjoy your vacation!
leto17

Postby MacroLass » December 28th, 2011, 5:14 am

Here's a picture a friend sent me in a similar vein to what I was saying before about markings. I would credit the original artist if I knew who they were.

MacroLass

Postby leto17 » December 29th, 2011, 5:36 pm

Awesome! Thank you!
leto17

Postby Ghosthand » May 14th, 2012, 5:19 pm

I’m of two different minds about the Greybots. To me there are really two very different styles of robotized women in these comix and although for most the terminology is interchangeable I’ll define it as two separate types, Robowomen and Drones.

Robowomen are, to me, what the current version of the Greybots like Danibot and Franbot are. Although they are fully robotized their minds are still there, just suppressed and they have different physical characteristics to tell them apart. These are more like the type of robots Max would, and has made. He’s not looking to make a robot army to take over the world, he just enjoys his toys. And what fun would his toys be if they looked nothing like the women he conquered? Even Sentius saw a use for robowomen when he turned the heroines into Controlunits instead of the standard Robounit.

Drones are like the Barbie doll of the robotized women, punched out on an assembly line, each one the same as the next. All traces of individuality erased.

To me these robots would also have had their minds erased instead of just suppressed. What use would a true drone have for their former memories? Better to just erase them to make more room for their programming. Reformat the hard drive so to speak.

Sentius did not do this to this to his Robounits and you could theorize that this was because his programming was not advanced enough to fully run a biological body and to erase the mind would have killed the subject although there is probably a more real life reason for this. For a writer it would be very hard to figure out what to do with hundreds of mindless women once the heroines win and the bad guys are defeated!! It’s much better to leave yourself the option for the miracle cure that returns everyone to normal so they can live to be a victim another day:)

So I’m all for both types of robotized women, the individual controlled Robowomen with their hair and minimal exterior robotic appearance, and the sleek sexy Drone armies.

OOOHH, awesome idea for a picture just popped into my mind, the warehouse scene in the movie I Robot, Will Smith standing in front of row after row of sexy Drones with Danibot leaned slightly out of line towards the middle:)
Ghosthand

Postby Doctor Robo » May 15th, 2012, 5:57 am

Ghosthand wrote:I’m of two different minds about the Greybots. To me there are really two very different styles of robotized women in these comix and although for most the terminology is interchangeable I’ll define it as two separate types, Robowomen and Drones.

Hi Ghosthand. You bring up some really good points about the differences between the different types of 'robot women' that we have featured in our comix. I don't know which I prefer either, which is why I make liberal use of both!

How do Gilbert Petto's dolls factor into the equation for you?

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Ghosthand » May 15th, 2012, 10:28 am

Doctor Robo wrote:
Ghosthand wrote:I’m of two different minds about the Greybots. To me there are really two very different styles of robotized women in these comix and although for most the terminology is interchangeable I’ll define it as two separate types, Robowomen and Drones.

Hi Ghosthand. You bring up some really good points about the differences between the different types of 'robot women' that we have featured in our comix. I don't know which I prefer either, which is why I make liberal use of both!

How do Gilbert Petto's dolls factor into the equation for you?

- Doc

They really don't fit into it, they are another whole can of worms so to speak. They were not women transformed into robots, they were made that way. And being a different creature all together they also have very different stories to tell. From Mecha's desire to be more human to L.I.S.A.'s need to fullfill her programming. they are also kind of the polar oposite of robot women. When a woman is transformed into a robot they lose what makes them human and become a machine, dolls and robots start out as just machines and lose some of that as they become more human. I love the interactions between l.I.S.A. and Ms. Metrobay primarily because of this difference. With L.I.S.A.'s help Ms. Metrobay is slowly becomming more robot while L.I.S.A. is slowly becomming more human. It will be interesting to see if they ever meet in the middle, and if they do who will be in charge:)
Ghosthand

Postby Ghosthand » May 15th, 2012, 10:33 am

I wish to add that I may have been a little hasty on saying that the Greybots of today are true Robowomen. Between the Robowomen and Drones there is a very large grey area. Although the Greybots are probably a lot closer to the Robowomen they certainly fall into the grey area:)
Ghosthand

Postby sohta123 » May 17th, 2012, 9:35 pm

Ghosthand wrote:They really don't fit into it, they are another whole can of worms so to speak. They were not women transformed into robots, they were made that way. And being a different creature all together they also have very different stories to tell. From Mecha's desire to be more human to L.I.S.A.'s need to fullfill her programming. they are also kind of the polar oposite of robot women. When a woman is transformed into a robot they lose what makes them human and become a machine, dolls and robots start out as just machines and lose some of that as they become more human. I love the interactions between l.I.S.A. and Ms. Metrobay primarily because of this difference. With L.I.S.A.'s help Ms. Metrobay is slowly becomming more robot while L.I.S.A. is slowly becomming more human. It will be interesting to see if they ever meet in the middle, and if they do who will be in charge:)

Ghosthand's comments here had me thinking today. I think a great turn of events for the robot women and their human counterparts would be a rather lengthy plotline in which a mechanized virus or 'Project Nanoleash' causes the women become totally robotic and subservient, while the robots become very human and they treat the real women as robots. While that's not anything new what would be new is the dynamic of the other superheroines in how they would wind up treating their former colleagues over time. Some would fret and try to console themselves that a solution must be found where others might begin treating them the same as they would any other appliance and start dehumanizing them for there own selfish needs.

Might make a good lead in to the the main storyline that the Drone Agenda is leading up to. If people stop caring then they have already lost. I would certainly be interested in Silver Satin's take on it since she's kind of a hybrid now. Would she be empathetic towards a permanent Ms Metrobay or would some sinister lurking in her find delight in her loss of her self to the machine or science.
sohta123

Postby Ghosthand » May 17th, 2012, 10:31 pm

sohta123 wrote:
Ghosthand's comments here had me thinking today. I think a great turn of events for the robot women and their human counterparts would be a rather lengthy plotline in which a mechanized virus or 'Project Nanoleash' causes the women become totally robotic and subservient, while the robots become very human and they treat the real women as robots. While that's not anything new what would be new is the dynamic of the other superheroines in how they would wind up treating their former colleagues over time. Some would fret and try to console themselves that a solution must be found where others might begin treating them the same as they would any other appliance and start dehumanizing them for there own selfish needs.

Might make a good lead in to the the main storyline that the Drone Agenda is leading up to. If people stop caring then they have already lost. I would certainly be interested in Silver Satin's take on it since she's kind of a hybrid now. Would she be empathetic towards a permanent Ms Metrobay or would some sinister lurking in her find delight in her loss of her self to the machine or science.

I think it would make a great story too. After Sentius changed almost all the heroines into robots they locked them away till they were fixed, but what if they couldn't be fixed? Would they still be allowed to be in the group? How would the others treat them? I imagine if they still looked pretty much like themselves there might not be much of a difference but what if they had a more robotic look like the robounits or Chrome would the others start treating them like a machine? And who would be their controller?

yeah, I could see it making a very interesting stoy:)
Ghosthand

Postby madcap » May 19th, 2012, 8:03 am

I concur with Ghosthand's view of the difference between the robot women and the drones. I like that the greybots still retain some individuality in terms of their appearance.

And I also have to agree that Teknophyle's work looks great, and I would love to see a picture series or a story on here or elsewhere!!
madcap

PreviousNext

Return to Requests