Grime City Stories: The Girl Next Door

Discuss "Metrobay Comix" and other stories with Doctor Robo!

Re: Grime City Stories: The Girl Next Door

Postby PsiLance » March 21st, 2011, 9:43 pm

Okay, I'm might be crazy and mad for saying this (though some would say that about me even without this comment), but Marvin Quimby looks like Michael Rosenbaum.
PsiLance

Postby steverogers5 » March 25th, 2011, 1:44 pm

PsiLance wrote:Okay, I'm might be crazy and mad for saying this (though some would say that about me even without this comment), but Marvin Quimby looks like Michael Rosenbaum.

You're not crazy! :) He looked like him to me too. Starting to tread down a similarly evil path too. Heck he's even dressing in white already like the Smallville Lex was always destined to...Maybe somewhere down the line he'll change his name, and start losing some hair.. ;)

(Remind's me a little of that great line Dwayne McDuffie wrote for the Question in the superb JLU episode 'Question Authority'...'No matter what reality he call's home..Luthor is Luthor!' 8-) )
steverogers5

Postby steverogers5 » March 25th, 2011, 4:06 pm

Doctor Robo wrote: That was actually one of the reasons why I wanted to write this particular story. You'll notice there are no superpowers anywhere to be found. I wanted to show that there is more to Metrobay than just superheroines and supervillains, and not all of the sexy women in town are members of the Superheroine Squad!

- Doc

Fascinating..I like this 'sampling' of what's going on outside of the superhero world. With the mayor's office under their control the power players of Apex and the Circle of R.O.P.E must be getting away with a lot of devious acts outside of their clashes with the superheroines! 8-)

Interesting to see in this story how the youth of yesteryear, are being developed and encouraged by Apex into using their fresh minds, and new ideas to further the villain's devleopment of sinister technologies. Can't wait to see if Max et al are planning to do something with Marvin's subliminal dvds/television ideas... :mrgreen:
steverogers5

Postby Doctor Robo » March 27th, 2011, 6:55 pm

From the pages of MCcomix.com, Doctor Robo and Finister Foul proudly present “Grime City Stories: The Girl Next Door” chapter 6!

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=21354

Marvin has everything he’s ever wanted in a dream girl. Liz is beautiful, busty, flirty, kinky, obedient, and a demon in the sack. But for all that is suddenly going right with his home life, a terrible turn has taken place at work. Have you ever been called to your boss’s office, but you don’t know what you did? Well imagine your boss is the most ruthless villain in town, known to send employees to prison (or worse) at the drop of a hat. Well, Marvin just got the word to report to Max Indeks’s office, and the poor kid has no idea why…

This wraps up “The Girl Next Door” here at MCcomix.com. Thank you all for your support during the making of this comic. Next week Uroboros and I will offer up another chapter of “Space Station Venus” for your enjoyment:

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=20840

And in two weeks Finister and I will have an all new Metrobay short story ready to go, starring Ms. Metrobay, Ted Twiss, LISA, and… Trudy Goodheart?

For more information on Metrobay Comix, visit our Metrobay Encyclopedia wiki at http://metrobay.wetpaint.com/ or our deviantART page at http://metrobay-comix.deviantart.com/
Doctor Robo

Postby steverogers5 » March 27th, 2011, 9:10 pm

Wow! Max has a REALLY big office! LOL! That was a fun ending. Couldn't help but think of the scene in Superman III when Richard Pryor is summoned to his boss Robert Vaughn's office. Wonder if Marvin will ever come to regret his step into the big time as well? Guess it'll all depend on their use of Liz in the future..

In the meantime, Nice work by everybody on this little tale! It shone a light on just how dangerous the further development of mind control by Apex is proving to be. (Looks like it really sucks to be a good looking gal in Metrobay! Quite literally too.. :roll: ;) ) Just read up on Professor Summers in the encyclopedia and when reading the line "It is a testament to Raquel’s lovely personality and genuine kindness that she hasn’t gotten caught up in too many of the mind games that seem to go on around town, although in this city no one is immune forever" I couldn't help but laugh given Marvin's interest in Liz's friend. Guess this all doesn't bode well for her. Or Marvin's snooping sister, for that matter..

Anyway keep up the good work, I can't wait to see what you have planned in the next tale! :)
steverogers5

Postby Hector2 » March 28th, 2011, 7:54 pm

Hi Doctor Robo!

It’s really hard to believe that we have six issues of Marvin adventures with Lisa, but here it is. To tell you the truth, I didn’t get what the point of this tale was in the beginning, but I think at last I got it: it’s to show us the recruitment of another young member of R.O.P.E.

I also loved the bit when Liz and Professor Summers are revealed to be friends. I think that could be a plot point for another tale. I love those little details that add to the continuity of a comic.

But the best part is seeing Marvin getting paranoid about his own actions: busted by his half sister! And that will not prepare him for being busted by Super Freak for a little talk with Mister Max Indeks.

Now we get to my favorite part: For one thing, Ava La Pette is very much like the Catwoman of the old Batman TV Show with Adam West: she is one of the few characters who seem more gorgeous in her normal clothes than in her super villainess costume. I can understand Marvin.

Is this the last issue? What is Max and Minx new scheme? I hope we can have the answers soon.

Hector
Hector2

Postby bluemax2 » April 1st, 2011, 9:16 am

Doc, Finn and Trishbot:
Love this series.
Especially weaving the greybots back into it.
And the Minx too. Yummy.

I do hope you continue this theme in an upcoming series with Marvin's ongoing corruption by Max. Very devious and interesting.
The three greybots were an ingenious touch too.

I do hope we can look forward to more women getting grey latex mindwiped.
How bout having the heroine/girl next door; Elizabeth Trance.
She would look Fantastic in grey latex and heels with white eyes, robotified. Wow!

How bout it?
Any others, you may have in mind?

What about the Minx herself? Say she tries to double cross Max and gets caught at it?
Or perhaps Marvin's nosy stepsister, April?

Please do keep the great work and ideas coming.
We all love the stories, themes and incredible artwork.

regards,

Bluemax
bluemax2

Postby Doctor Robo » April 1st, 2011, 12:40 pm

Hi Hector and Bluemax. Thanks for your questions!

Yes, this was the last issue of "The Girl Next Door". Finister and I are moving on to a new comic next week starring Ted, Kelly, Lisa, and Trudy. I think you all will enjoy it.

Max and Ava definitely have something up their sleeves. I don't think I'm ruining any surprises by saying that ROPE is taking a new angle on their continuing plot to control Metrobay. Instead of some grand mass-enslavement scheme like Sentius's factory, they're concentrating on spreading their influence through small businesses such as Headlights, Club Pump, and Mynx's beauty salon. Trishbot and I are working on something to further this new idea, but no timeline is in place just yet.

As for the 'graybots', we do have a plan for them too. Northern Chill will be writing a story starring Fran, Ginger, Dani, and the APEX crew. I believe MCtek will be providing the art. Stay tuned for more information over the coming weeks.

Thanks again!
- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby leto17 » April 3rd, 2011, 5:51 am

I really enjoyed this story and the happy ending for Marvin and, frankly, Liz Trance. My favorite part, however, was, as always, the Graybots, especially Fran. The Robounit Design is just so damn sleek and sexy and erotic! I'm very pleased that Max found how wonderful they truly are in bed, especially after his initial despair when he converted Ginger for what she did. It might be interesting to do a story where Max discovers, to his pleasant surprise, just how good the Greybots are. I'd also like to see what's up with fembot sometime Bambi. She had a pretty sleek uniform. I like the small businesses idea, too! Why put all your chips in one massive project when it could all come crashing down if discovered?
leto17

Postby leto17 » August 28th, 2011, 5:35 am

The more I think about it, the more I like Marvin.
leto17

Postby Doctor Robo » August 28th, 2011, 10:53 am

leto17 wrote:The more I think about it, the more I like Marvin.

What exactly is it that you like about him?

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Previous

Return to Doctor Robo