Mad Science Chronicles: Space Station Venus

Discuss "Metrobay Comix" and other stories with Doctor Robo!

Re: Mad Science Chronicles: Space Station Venus

Postby Doctor Robo » July 18th, 2011, 7:32 pm

bluemax2 wrote:Doc and Uroboros:
Love the series and the story. The art is fantastic.
Please no cavalry to the rescue!
The last survivor could make her rescue attempt but in vain.
A drawn out episode or two of her being captured, lectured to, bound, groped, then brainwashed, depiliated and fully converted....would be oh so nice!

Perhaps that will allow the now fully converted troop to leave the space station with the mistress seeking out new lifeforms to convert and assimilate?

Hi Bluemax. Thanks for the kind words. I don't want to spill the beans too much, but I think you'll be satisfied with what we have planned for the final three chapters. Stay tuned!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Hector2 » July 29th, 2011, 9:14 am

Hi Doc and Uroboros!

Congratulations for issues 12's cover!

Beautiful girls and Big guns! Thats what comics are about!

Hector2
Hector2

Postby Doctor Robo » July 31st, 2011, 11:01 am

From the pages of MCcomix.com, Doctor Robo and Uroboros proudly present issue twelve of a special limited series – “Mad Science Chronicles: Space Station Venus”!

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=30384

Commander Violet Black has been searching the halls of the eerie space station, looking for her fellow Legionnaires who have been abducted and transformed into obedient human robots. Now she has finally uncovered The Administrator’s fiendish plot, and is the last hope her captain and crew have of escape!

But The Administrator isn’t going to let Violet just waltz in and steal back her prized possessions. Violet is going to have to fight her way out, and will likely have to battle her friends in order to save them! Can the commander rescue the team and get back to their ship? Or will her last stand be all for naught? Find out in “Space Station Venus”, available only at MCcomix.com!

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... _itemId=22
Doctor Robo

Postby Hector2 » July 31st, 2011, 8:45 pm

Hi there Doc Robo!

This is just a brief comment: this was one of the best chapters in the series: Violet was a competent soldier and pulled a pretty decent fight against the Administrator.

This issue had action, tension and suspense.

I cannot wait to see the next!

Thanks

Hector
Hector2

Postby steverogers5 » August 1st, 2011, 9:54 am

Yeah. Agree 100% with Hector. This was a really exciting chapter. Violet was soo close..and yet ultimately so far from escaping!.. :mrgreen: (Really love her Powergirlesque design as well!)

P.S. And on a purely personal trivial note. Glad you had her saying "WHAT the Hell?!?"..and not just "..the hell?!?" That's a recent tick that many modern comic book writers (Bendis in particular) seem to think makes dialogue sound more natural. When it certainly doesn't for me, and instead tends to take me right out of a story just because it irks me so! :evil: (And I've never heard anyone say it that way in real life either!) Glad to see you're not succumbing to that irritating trend! :D
steverogers5

Postby Hector2 » August 5th, 2011, 10:52 pm

Hi Dr. Robo and Uroboros!

Well, it seems that Commander Black is the only one left to resist the administrator. She also seems the most capable member of her crew. It’s a shame that the very first challenge the Administrator faces is almost at issue 12.

And then, Black had the common sense to shoot at at her own comrades (who are mind controlled), she also shoot to the machinery to create a diversion (and hopefully, really harmed the Administrator), she retires when she knows she is overpowered and outnumbered, she get to send a help plea, she tried to escape in the Vortex Venus… only to be knocked out.

The point is that she acted like a trained soldier, and even then, she was defeated, but not because her lack of effort.

She is the last of the crew. Still there are three issues left, so either someone will help them. So we have two issues more of the Administrator celebrating her victory (and with Adrienne’s ego, that´s quite possibly) or we still have some twists and turns.

I can’t wait to see them!

Please keep up the good job.

Hector 2
Hector2

Postby Doctor Robo » August 7th, 2011, 1:55 pm

steverogers5 wrote:Yeah. Agree 100% with Hector. This was a really exciting chapter. Violet was soo close..and yet ultimately so far from escaping!.. :mrgreen: (Really love her Powergirlesque design as well!)

P.S. And on a purely personal trivial note. Glad you had her saying "WHAT the Hell?!?"..and not just "..the hell?!?" That's a recent tick that many modern comic book writers (Bendis in particular) seem to think makes dialogue sound more natural. When it certainly doesn't for me, and instead tends to take me right out of a story just because it irks me so! :evil: (And I've never heard anyone say it that way in real life either!) Glad to see you're not succumbing to that irritating trend! :D

Thanks! I can understand why they want to do it that way. Most people don't enunciate every syllable of every word every time they speak. But, there's a fine line. In my opinion, too many contractions and too much slang make the balloons difficult to read.

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » August 7th, 2011, 1:58 pm

Hector2 wrote:The point is that she acted like a trained soldier, and even then, she was defeated, but not because her lack of effort.

She is the last of the crew. Still there are three issues left, so either someone will help them. So we have two issues more of the Administrator celebrating her victory (and with Adrienne’s ego, that´s quite possibly) or we still have some twists and turns.

That's exactly what we were going for. Of course the point of these stories is for the heroines to be captured and the villains to triumph, at least temporarily. But, we don't want to make our protagonists look like wimps or morons. We need to have them fight back, even just a little, in order for the capture and conversion to be that much more satisfying.

I'm happy that you are enjoying the show. I hope the final two issues will be worth the wait!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby docholodaze » August 22nd, 2011, 9:57 am

Hi All!
Thanks for a wonderful series so far! The story, art, all fantastic! I think it was bluemax who was worried that the cavalry would swoop in and save the day. Well, if that happens, may I suggest putting in the "Alternate Ending" feature like in the "Unity" Series? :roll: This way, it leaves things open for a possible comeback for "The Administrator". But, for me, the conversion of Commander Black would be icing on the cake! :twisted: I can see her now....sending bogus distress calls throughout the galaxy. :twisted: Just thinkin... Thanks again to all for the great site, it was worth the $$$ for the years subscription!

Have A Great Day!

Doc Holodaze
docholodaze

Postby leto17 » August 28th, 2011, 5:34 am

Commander Black was pretty awesome. It will be great to see her subverted.
leto17

Postby Doctor Robo » August 28th, 2011, 10:50 am

docholodaze wrote:Hi All!
Thanks for a wonderful series so far! The story, art, all fantastic! I think it was bluemax who was worried that the cavalry would swoop in and save the day. Well, if that happens, may I suggest putting in the "Alternate Ending" feature like in the "Unity" Series? :roll: This way, it leaves things open for a possible comeback for "The Administrator". But, for me, the conversion of Commander Black would be icing on the cake! :twisted: I can see her now....sending bogus distress calls throughout the galaxy. :twisted: Just thinkin... Thanks again to all for the great site, it was worth the $$$ for the years subscription!

Thank you very much! Whenever someone tells us that our comics are worth the money, I feel like that's the greatest compliment we can ever receive. I hope you enjoy the remaining two issues!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » August 28th, 2011, 10:52 am

leto17 wrote:Commander Black was pretty awesome. It will be great to see her subverted.

Thanks! It goes without saying that I have enjoying using her along with our "Mad Science" characters, and this alternate reality has been a blast to write. I'm glad you're enjoying the story!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » August 28th, 2011, 10:52 am

From the pages of MCcomix.com, Doctor Robo and Uroboros proudly present issue thirteen of a special limited series – “Mad Science Chronicles: Space Station Venus”!

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=33446

Violet Black has been captured by two obedient cyborg slaves, who just so happen to be her very own former crewmates now under The Administrator’s control. No doubt they plan to turn her into a fellow drone, but the resourceful Legion commander surely has one more trick up her sleeve… or does she?

This is the next to last issue of “Space Station Venus”, but it’s not too late to get in on all the hot mind control action. Just head to MCcomix.com to catch up on the story now before it all ends next month!

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... _itemId=22
Doctor Robo

Postby teridoll » September 3rd, 2011, 4:56 am

Great work. This has become my favorite series. I can't wait to see how it unfolds in the last chapter.
teridoll

Postby Doctor Robo » September 3rd, 2011, 6:04 am

teridoll wrote:Great work. This has become my favorite series. I can't wait to see how it unfolds in the last chapter.

Thank you, Teridoll! I'm glad you're enjoying it. May I ask what it is that you like?

- Doc
Doctor Robo

PreviousNext

Return to Doctor Robo