Mad Science Chronicles: Space Station Venus

Discuss "Metrobay Comix" and other stories with Doctor Robo!

Re: Mad Science Chronicles: Space Station Venus

Postby Doctor Robo » September 28th, 2011, 6:05 pm

MacroLass wrote:Speaking of outfits (harking back to the Greybots thread), I had a couple of questions/thoughts about the Administrator's drones...

Given the pages that had lavished on turning the human women into the drones (a "minute or so" process according to an earlier chapter) I'm surprised that they were able to change back to their more human looks so casually and quickly. Don't get me wrong, they did look sexy but it was rather...solid looking, as if there were metal plates grated onto them. So what it all metal or just cloth?

If you do do a sequel I'd like to see a scene with the reconversion, not only physically but mentally, restoring the old self for just a moment before the "you will seduce our guests to be processed" mindset. Given that just a page or two before they'd been robotic, seeing the girls vamping was...odd and it caused a bit of a disconnnection for me, especially with the new outfits.

This might be something of a morbid question but what happened to their hair when they were converted? Was it saved and made into a skullcap to be reattached when needed or are they given a brand new wig every time? It just amazes me with all the trouble I have with my hair how they could have it all taken away and then be perfectly coiffed when they become human again! :lol:

The suits are fabric, but most of the implants are cybernetic. At least that's how I see it. That's why they wear long sleeves and leggings with those silvery skirtsuits. Don't want to give too much away, right?

As for the hair, I think it's safe to assume they wear wigs. When Number One first reveals herself to the captain on page 68 she peels her hairpiece right off.

Thanks for the great questions!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Hector2 » October 14th, 2011, 7:46 pm

Hi Doc Robo!

Talking about questions, I have one about issue 3, page 31, when Chylana finishes her shower, she looks around and realizes that her host have forgotten to provide any way for her to dry off. It’s a foreshadowing that the installations at the Venus Station are not maintained for human needs anymore? The water is still there, but there are no need for towels…

As everyone, I’m very sad that this tale has finished. And the best part of the last issue was seeing the crew of the metro. Uroboros is a incredible artist, his depictions of the heroines are breathtaking. My favorite is Morgan Mckinley.

Congratulations for this job, Doc

Hector2
Hector2

Postby Doctor Robo » October 16th, 2011, 1:24 pm

Hector2 wrote:Talking about questions, I have one about issue 3, page 31, when Chylana finishes her shower, she looks around and realizes that her host have forgotten to provide any way for her to dry off. It’s a foreshadowing that the installations at the Venus Station are not maintained for human needs anymore? The water is still there, but there are no need for towels…

As everyone, I’m very sad that this tale has finished. And the best part of the last issue was seeing the crew of the metro. Uroboros is a incredible artist, his depictions of the heroines are breathtaking. My favorite is Morgan Mckinley.

Congratulations for this job, Doc

Thanks, Hector. As I have said before, I am lucky to be able to work with such talented artists, and Uroboros is certainly among the best in the business.

As for your question - Yes, that was the point I was subtly trying to make. There weren't any towels because the station hadn't seen any guests in a LONG time. Great catch!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby fembotheather » March 21st, 2012, 6:46 am

I vote for a Space Station Venus Two, at some point :)
fembotheather

Postby Doctor Robo » April 14th, 2012, 12:09 pm

fembotheather wrote:I vote for a Space Station Venus Two, at some point :)

You never know... maybe someday!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Previous

Return to Doctor Robo