"Forbidden Fantasy" - A Grime City Story

Discuss "Metrobay Comix" and other stories with Doctor Robo!

Re: "Forbidden Fantasy" - A Grime City Story

Postby sohta123 » January 24th, 2011, 9:59 pm

Great episode! Crissy/Chrome has a great distinct look. Hope Belinda makes full use of Chrome's nullifying powers to bring down the rest of the team. Would love to see Chrome and Silver Satin 'interface'. Also hoping that Sentius is buried somewhere here and manifests in either Chrome, SS, Mechana or LISA. Or all of them!
sohta123

Postby madcap » January 24th, 2011, 11:32 pm

I wanted to say a couple more things about the design of Chrome...first off, Fin, I LOVE the design of her feet. The high-heeled metallic boot look is very sexy, and it even looks like she may have little rockets on the bottom of them? Perhaps she is capable of flight? I also like how the heel part of the boot almost looks like the kind of fin you might see on an old car.

And I also LOVE the blank wide-eyed expression you captured on pages 411-413 in particular. On page 416 she almost looks slightly happy, or at least content, which I'm kind of torn about, because on one hand she finally got what she's wanted for some time, and on the other, she's supposed to be emotionless! So I guess I'm a bit ambivalent about that.

Also, while I do love the overall design of Chrome very much, I am a little surprised that her erogenous zones don't look like they're set up for easy access! I would think that perhaps Belinda would get frustrated by that after a time and make them more accessible. :P And that brings up another point...the fact that I'm sure Chrome is upgradable down the road, and perhaps it'd be fun to see some enhancements later on. And as sohta123 has hinted at, if Sentius ever shows up again, I see great potential for the things he may be able to do to/with Chrome.

Whatever her future brings, I am looking forward to seeing it! The payoff here has been fantastic!
madcap

Postby Doctor Robo » January 30th, 2011, 8:41 pm

From the pages of MCcomix.com, Doctor Robo and Finister Foul proudly present “Forbidden Fantasy” chapter 23 – the final chapter!

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=18029

Well, what’s done and done. After more than eight months (but only a single day in Metrobay time), we have come to the last installment of “Forbidden Fantasy”. The story has been a blast to create, and if it has been even half as much fun to read then I’ll consider it a success. My thanks to Finister Foul for the wonderful art, and Trishbot for the excellent postwork!

Now, for the matter at hand. Crissy Tanner has finally gotten her wish and has been transformed into a mindlessly obedient human robot. So everyone lives happily ever after, right? Well, there’s the little matter of Belinda’s grudge against Max for refusing to spring her from The Funhouse. Plus, eventually SOMEONE’S going to notice when four superheroines don’t show up for work tomorrow morning… right?

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... _itemId=22

For more information, visit the Metrobay Comix wiki at: http://metrobay.wetpaint.com/
Doctor Robo

Postby leto17 » January 31st, 2011, 10:29 am

I loved this series. Unfortunately, I'm busy and can't comment more right now. I hope to explain what I enjoyed about the ending in the future.

Of course, there is one nagging questions: If Valiant Grrl and Alpha Woman are in a relationship, how will the transfer to the prison affect this? Also, was I mistaken in assuming that Belinda knew of their relationship?

There's so much more I'd like to add, but I'm so busy it has to wait:(

Hope to comment soon.

All I will say is that I love what happened and what it's setting up!
leto17

Postby abashful1 » January 31st, 2011, 5:10 pm

As always, I absolutely loved the 'Forbidden Fantasy', just like I did all the 'Grime City Stories'. I am a huge fan of all the Metrobay stories both here and on Hipcomix and thought you should know how much I look forward to each installment. I can't wait to see where your creative muse takes you, Finster, and Trishbot next. :D
abashful1

Postby madcap » January 31st, 2011, 10:53 pm

Bravo Doc, Fin and Trish on an excellent conclusion to an excellent story! It was particularly fun seeing Shelley revert back to her old confused self, only to go back to "hulking" out again and have her chasing Max around in anger. Of course, I fully expect the next time we see her she'll probably have that collar back on. And again, seeing Chrome in all her glory, even when she's just standing there at attention and not even doing anything at all, is just fantastic.

I have to admit though that the teaser for where the story is headed from here doesn't really grab my interest much. I do get that there's probably not a lot of continued story potential for the good guys using MC against the bad, as "you're under my control. Now walk into this prison cell" doesn't really hold much longterm interest, and it's not like they're going to be enslaving the baddies and abusing their power over them, seeing as how they're the good guys. Many of the bad guys are male, and I myself have no real interest in seeing them enslaved anyway (though perhaps there are readers who would like to see that).

Though I suppose there could be some corruption potential in having a heroine abuse that power and go bad, and I do expect that there will be some twists and turns in store for the heroines as they try to implement this plan. But I have to say that I don't much care for the idea of the heroines "levelling the playing field"! You haven't led us astray thus far though, so I have faith that this will go in an interesting direction.
madcap

Postby pelusa1ca » February 1st, 2011, 12:52 pm

madcap wrote:I have to admit though that the teaser for where the story is headed from here doesn't really grab my interest much. I do get that there's probably not a lot of continued story potential for the good guys using MC against the bad, as "you're under my control. Now walk into this prison cell" doesn't really hold much longterm interest, and it's not like they're going to be enslaving the baddies and abusing their power over them, seeing as how they're the good guys. Many of the bad guys are male, and I myself have no real interest in seeing them enslaved anyway (though perhaps there are readers who would like to see that).

Though I suppose there could be some corruption potential in having a heroine abuse that power and go bad, and I do expect that there will be some twists and turns in store for the heroines as they try to implement this plan. But I have to say that I don't much care for the idea of the heroines "levelling the playing field"! You haven't led us astray thus far though, so I have faith that this will go in an interesting direction.

I am hoping it is along the lines of the heroines getting Ted to use mind control on them to prevent falling into the hands and control of Metro Bay's villains. Especially when the bad guys have an near super weapon in the form of Chrome... Can't you see it now, Ted trying to resist his carnal urges, heroines willingly going under some form of mind control to protect themselves.

Loved the story, loved the art, loved the fact there are lots of loose ends, as that is what really great comics do, they keep you waiting for more.

P
Supporter of MCComix and HIPcomix
pelusa1ca

Postby steverogers5 » February 3rd, 2011, 1:32 pm

madcap wrote:
I have to admit though that the teaser for where the story is headed from here doesn't really grab my interest much. I do get that there's probably not a lot of continued story potential for the good guys using MC against the bad, as "you're under my control. Now walk into this prison cell" doesn't really hold much longterm interest, and it's not like they're going to be enslaving the baddies and abusing their power over them, seeing as how they're the good guys. Many of the bad guys are male, and I myself have no real interest in seeing them enslaved anyway (though perhaps there are readers who would like to see that).

Well I'd made a request/suggestion that maybe the heroines should try to form some kind of tech defense against some of the mind control going around, as it seems only natural that they eventually would try something like that. So hopefully the next story might explore some of those sort of themes, as it would really add another layer of believabilty to the superheoine's tales. But I wouldn't worry about it turning into a TTT saga. Think about it. How many of the squad, and associated do-gooders, have secretly been placed under the sway of villians. That being the case, the potential for sabotage in such plans, or even their new defenses being used against them is huge.

Anyway, I really loved this story, so thanks to everyone who worked on it. Can't wait to see what you all do next! :)
steverogers5

Postby Doctor Robo » February 3rd, 2011, 8:34 pm

Thank you everyone for the kind words and great comments throughout this series. It is your feedback which helps us to shape our stories, and knowing that you all are out there reading our work each and every week keeps us striving to create the best possible comix we can.

Next weekend we start a brand new series which will be a bit of a departure from our traditional fare. I hope to have a cover image and some more details available in the next few days.

Of course this thread will stay open if anyone wants to continue discussing "Forbidden Fantasy". Keep those questions and comments rolling in - we really do appreciate them all!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby ashleychloroformed » January 10th, 2012, 1:51 am

Finally caught up on this series :)

Loved scenes where Chrissy played dirty on using Kristen to defeat her own lover :) Super hot! Eating her while she is fighting of boob mind control :)

Plus I still love the Funhouse. Hope to see a series on ''a day in the funhouse''
ashleychloroformed

Postby Northern Chill » January 10th, 2012, 3:44 pm

ashleychloroformed wrote:Finally caught up on this series :)

Loved scenes where Chrissy played dirty on using Kristen to defeat her own lover :) Super hot! Eating her while she is fighting of boob mind control :)

Plus I still love the Funhouse. Hope to see a series on ''a day in the funhouse''

You should check out http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=21678 - a nifty collaborative effort by the creative types here at the site. A short arc that will be steamy fun to read.

Also, check out http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=22202 - a companion piece to A Day in the Life that is a good read.

Both stories are in the member's section here at the site.

Northern Chill
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

"What does this story need?...more Franbot!!!"
Northern Chill

Postby Ghosthand » June 30th, 2012, 5:41 pm

It has been a while since the events here have transpired and there are still a few unanswered questions. Primarily what has happened with VGs life? She obviously couldn't have just changed jobs to be a prison gaurd and dropped everything else without someone noticing, esspecially Alpha Woman!
Perhaps it's time for "A Day in the Life of Valient Girl" detailing how she jumbles her mindless devotion to Belinda, her superheroine carrer, and her life with Alpha Woman.

Also we haven't heard anything more about project D.E.M. was this a failed project or is there still work being done with it?

And last, does anyone miss Chrissy Tanner?
Ghosthand

Postby Tony » June 30th, 2012, 6:16 pm

There have been some references to VG in various later issues. (And it was Alpha Woman making the references) She isn't balancing anything, she works as a guard 24 hours a day. (Strange job but that's all that seems to fit.)

The latest word on VG was in the first issue of Chrome Virus. Unfortunately, further issues from that arc are on hold until other arcs catch up. That's also the last place we see Chrissy as Chrome.

In reference to D.E.M., as a reader and a speculator on the subject only, I think we are going to find that the "Convert Another" has something to do with it. Though we won't be sure until most of the current arcs are done with and Chrome Virus or later is on the active issue lists.
Tony

Postby msgrey » July 1st, 2012, 10:43 am

some comments: yes I wish to see a "A Day in the Life of Valient Girl" as well.

Reading through Forbidden fantasy that ended so long ago it looks very odd that her lover would not even check up on her or she would work 24 hours and no one notices.

I hope we see a Alpha Woman Valient Grrl reunion because they have spent so much time apart I think it is deserved.

I am a new reader, but such a long time has passed that it seems they will never reunite :( .
msgrey

Postby Doctor Robo » July 1st, 2012, 12:53 pm

Hi Ghosthand, Tony, and msgrey. Thanks for the posts. I didn't know "Forbidden Fantasy" was still fresh in your minds! I'll try to answer your questions as best I can without giving away too many details of future storylines.

- First off, please keep in mind that just because it has been a year and a half since the end of "Forbidden Fantasy" in real time doesn't mean the same is true in "Metrobay time". Our stories tend to have a bit of what I like to call 'flexible time' to them, in that they may not happen in the order that they are told. Also, since many of us post on a monthly, bi-weekly, or even weekly basis certain stories may simply take a long while to complete. Take "The Lonely Man", for example. That entire 17 chapter story took about 7 months to publish, but the story itself happens over the course of a single day.

My point is that Valient Grrl (and Crissy Tanner, in a similar fashion) hasn't really been working at The Funhouse for that long in "Metrobay time". It could be a few days at most. If the guards' shifts are like professional firefighters', which is certainly possible, they would work for two or three days straight before getting a few days off. So, while Alpha Woman may know that VG is working at The Funhouse, she may not think it's overly strange that she hasn't heard from her girlfriend in a couple of days.

However, "A Day in the Life of Valient Grrl"? That sounds like a great idea to me! :)

- "Project DEM" has not been forgotten. I occasionally like to toss a little morsel of an idea out there and let it marinate for a while before doing anything with it. We'll get to DEM in good time for sure. In fact, we'll likely address both DEM and VG at The Funhouse when we start "The Chrome Virus" back up later this year.

I hope that helps!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

PreviousNext

Return to Doctor Robo