Character Conversation #6: Belinda Giolla

Discuss "Metrobay Comix" and other stories with Doctor Robo!

On a scale of 0-5, with 5 being the best, how do you rate Belinda?

No votes
No votes
13%
No votes
44%
44%

Total votes : 16

Character Conversation #6: Belinda Giolla

Postby Doctor Robo » March 10th, 2010, 9:43 pm

It may be hard to believe, not every character in Metrobay is a cute young pixie, a dashing crimefighter, or carries around a set of 44 HHs. For every light in this world there needs to be a little bit of darkness, and one of the darkest is Dr. Belinda Giolla. Belinda was one of the original villains in Metrobay, and I think is one of the more unique characters that we have in our stable. But what is it about her that you have come to love... or hate? Drop us a note below and get in on the conversation!

- Doc

Belinda's Metrobay Encyclopedia entry: http://metrobay.wetpaint.com/page/Belinda+Giolla
Doctor Robo

Re: Character Conversation #6: Belinda Giolla

Postby Trishbot » March 10th, 2010, 10:20 pm

I really love Belinda. Good heroes need good counterparts and Belinda fills that role beautifully.

Belinda is smart, patient, ruthless, and yet has moments of genuine tenderness and humanity behind her bitchy exterior. She's of small frame and modest proportions, yet is confident in her sexuality and natural beauty. She's older than most, yet aged gracefully with a youthful and adventurous spirit and (diabolical) enthusiasm that makes her seem younger and interesting to see strut her stuff in every page she's in.

She's dark and exotic, yet not immune to failure or setbacks. Nothing really seems to go her way, and as a woman at APEX she really had to fight to get what she wanted. She's strong and smart, yet horribly misguided, but not even altogether evil. That makes her one of the best characters, I think. She has the duality, of the ruthless villain and the tender mistress, to keep her compelling for a long time to come. She'll enslave a heroine like Metrobay and Valient Grrl, but then be upset if they're mistreated or if they're taken from her.

Even in prison, she's a ruthless and compelling character, orchestrating events from behind bars and twisting things from the inside out. Great villain in a great situation. Her relationships with Ted Twiss, Max Indeks, and her slaves are always amusing. She seethes with hatred and compassion with such a great divergence.

That and her infatuation with her own tush is always amusing. :P
Trishbot

Postby Akonkid » March 10th, 2010, 11:33 pm

Belinda's a great character. It was hard to decide if she was a 4 or 5, but I bumped her up to the top because there's nobody quite like her in Metrobay and that makes her not only memorable but important.

Here's my thing about Belinda. I find her insanely sexy and that's almost exclusively her personality. I don't normally have a thing for middle-aged, graying, small-breasted lesbians/bisexuals, but Belinda's got a sort of haughtiness and naughtiness unique to herself. That's not to say her looks aren't there. They are. She's stunning as an oddly attractive cougar type. As Trish mentioned, she's also not really that evil. She's not out to hurt anybody (except Ted and Max), rob any banks, destroy any property... she just likes to have fun and prove her genius to the world. If a troublesome heroine gets in the way of her goals, she'll deal with them, but she has no real vendetta against the heroines.

Personally, I feel she works best when Ted is in the equation. Those two have the greatest love-hate-hate relationship I've seen in awhile. Ted admits he found her attractive, and she's bitter he didn't make a pass at her when they got drunk together years ago. And a hilariously vicious cycle of stabbing each other in the back has begun and continues a bit to this day. While Belinda is decent on her own, she needs someone like Ted as a foil for her abrasive personality and as a match to her intellectual genius.

Belinda is arguably the greatest mad scientist now in Metrobay after Ted cleaned up his act. Her being the power behind the throne in the prison also opens the doors to a lot of the power and corruption that's been nipping at her heels for awhile now. Regardless, I really want to see more of her. And soon.

As a side note, Ted's dream sequence where he controls Belinda remains possibly my favorite single issue of any Metrobay story to date. Hard to explain, but that one gets me every single time I re-read it.
If she would just do what I asked, I wouldn't need to use mind control!
Akonkid

Postby leto17 » March 16th, 2010, 9:45 pm

Ah Belinda, one who proves that you don't have to be young to be a sexy sexbot maid. She was made for that uniform.

When she was mind-controlled in her dream and Ted's, she really was my favorite maid.

Belinda is one of my favorite characters. She's a bit older and more mature, and makes a very sexy business lady. She's also ruthless and intelligent, and I love how she's running the Funhouse. In fact, her her running of the Funhouse is awesome,especially as she has been able to keep it a secret-I wouldn't be surprised if she expanded the laboratory and research and devleopment and procurement of future additional subjects, often reinserting them into society as sleeper agents much as the greentooth technolgoy allows for.

Her capture of Bluebird and Sparrow also demonstrates her continued effectiveness as an antagonist going back to Valiant Girl. True, others have also taken Valiant Grrl down, but she did it while going literally toe to toe and face to face with the Amazonian musclebabe, and one that had been refined into the even more formidable Robogrrl. Her control over youthful, eager Erica Donovon and square, stern, hard-working Warden Smith was also great! There's something really sexy about this MILF-y 'dirty' old woman, especially when she has Erica's face between her thighs!. :twisted:

Her model texture has also gotten sexier and the pale skin tone is great.

She is also incredibly sexy when SHE is controlled. She looked absolutely fabulous in both her dream and Ted's dream when she was turned into the ULTIMATE sexmaid! It's so awesome I had to mention it twice. Her breast enhancements still bring a smile to my face! I also loved how she vamped it up with the Goth attire. She even looked cute in the prison outfit.

She also isn't evil as has been mentioned before. In fact, I think she actually views herself as doing a favor for those she subjects-giving and receiving and sharing in pleasure and doing it under her control as their dominant mistress.

She's also an excellent planner, and seems to have some sense of the "big picture" of Metrobay's power centers, and is able to find a niche for herself within it and make it all her own. I wonder if she's ever considered getting Mechana back, and maybe bringing along Marcy. I also think she would be a real terror in power and influence, one to rival Max, if she paired up with Gothikka, giving her a secure base in the funhouse. It's great going into her mind and seeing her thought process.

Imagine her and Gothikka at the funhouse, refining and conducting experiments on hapless busty superheroines, sitting back, enjoying the show, drinking martinis with one hand as they guide the heads of Warden Smith and and Erica Donovon as they dip their heads between their mistress's silky, smooth, and powerful thighs and mindlessly service them for hours on end ... :twisted:
leto17

Postby Doctor Robo » March 21st, 2010, 4:58 pm

Thanks for the comments, Trishbot, Akonkid, and Leto. I really appreciate them.

I am also pleased with how Belinda's story has played out so far. After getting a lot of screen time in "Twisted Tales" we dialed her back a bit for "Superheroine Squad" and the first set of Grime City Stories. We wanted to keep her on the shelf until we could get around to telling our Funhouse tale, which started with "Changing of the Guard" and will continue beginning in May or June, depending on how our current plans play out.

Leto is correct in saying that Belinda is now the de facto 'mad scientist supreme' for Metrobay now that Ted Twiss is on the side of the angels. I am hopeful that the little base we have set up for her inside The Funhouse will allow us to churn out a few good old fashioned MC stories before those do-gooder superheroines figure out what is going on and try to put a stop to it. :P

Again, thanks to everyone who has supported us with our stories, and continues to do so. Stay tuned to the pages of MCcomix over the next few months, for I have it on good authority that each of our artists and writers has some great comix in the pipleline that we think you all will really enjoy!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby leto17 » March 22nd, 2010, 8:35 pm

That's great to hear about Belinda. Let me just add that this could be a testing ground for a variety of different MC methods that are being tested and compared simultaneously for effectiveness and results. Perhaps a scientist's report relayed by Belinda in 3rd person comparing and contrasting different techniques in a collection of different chapters within the Changing of the Guard arc (told in a fashion similar to the old Unit 21 story in the Unity Arc line, for example). A specific victim, either someone already controlled like Erica Donovan, Warden Smith, Bluebird, or Swallow,is subjected to a mind control experiment to determine the effectiveness of a newly developed mental programming technique. Or new subjects could be added to the pool.
leto17

Postby Akonkid » March 26th, 2010, 4:20 pm

Belinda does fill the "mad scientist" role quite nicely. It's been interesting to see her sort of "lose" her mind more and more the further along she went with her experiments. Originally, it was for the greater good, then for money and power, then for revenge, and ultimately spite. Now she seems to just be doing it for the hell of it, a mad scientist in a playground of gadgets, toys, and victims to use them on. Should be great to see what she does.
Akonkid

Postby the_collector » March 29th, 2010, 11:05 am

In the very male dominated world of villainy in Metrobay it's good to see that a lady can be every bit as perverse and twisted as the men! In fact, I just love the fact that Belinda seems to revel in subjugating superheroines, thinking nothing of turning any beautiful woman into her compliant sex slave. It also makes it particularly satisfying when we see her get a taste of her own medicine!

I'd definitely love to see more stories about Belinda, perhaps exploring how she feels about other villainesses in the Metrobay universe? Does she harbour fantasies of enslaving those lovely ladies as well?
the_collector

Postby leto17 » March 29th, 2010, 5:51 pm

I don't mind if she goes a little mad, just don't make her "stupid evil"-she's too smart for that. By stupid evil, I mean pointlessly self-destructive as a plot convenience for tying up a story. None of that cliched "evil brings about its own self-destruction" bit for me.

Love the work. Love the lady. Just a caution.
leto17

Postby mctek » April 3rd, 2010, 1:53 pm

actually if i remember correctly, belinda is the first villain i read here, she has this odd balance of being a evil person to everyone, but have this caring love for her slaves. Still wouldn't mind seeing her get enslaved for a spell, giving her temp order what he wants with out the persona to content with. Thou she honestly needs a evil hench woman as well. :P

MCtek~
mctek

Postby Doctor Robo » April 6th, 2010, 10:31 pm

mctek wrote: Thou she honestly needs a evil hench woman as well. :P

I am trying to do that with Warden Smith, with varying degrees of success I suppose.

We'll definitely see more of Belinda in the coming weeks and months, and perhaps we can ratchet up her experiments a bit too...

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby mkmngr » April 9th, 2010, 5:05 pm

Good idea - I am sure that Warden Smith would be an ideal candidate for the role of Belinda's evil hench-woman.
Can anyone (with a longer involvement in HIP) please point me to the page where Warden Smith first received her Greentooth?
I just cannot find that page in the history of her enslavement.

And a personal plea. Please don't leave Erica Donovan in the limbo of mindless obedience for ever - it's time to move "Changing of the Guard" forward and arrange for her to bring in more fellow officers for a meeting with the Psycho-Slaver. Surely her continued absence would lead one of her female Commanders to start enquiring as to where she has gone - and perhaps the Commander needs to visit the Funhouse to find out how Erica has settled in..........

"Ah Commander, we've been expecting you. As an Officer of the Law, you'll automatically be part of our "Control Group" whilst you are on MPCI premises. We need to be able to communciate with all members of the Control Group at all times; please pop in this comfortable little earpiece whilst we guide you into the Institute and across to Erica's office".........

Little does our unsuspecting Commander realise, as the Greentooth earpiece is inserted gently into her left ear, that the Control will be exerted UPON her, rather than her willing participation in supervision. Her final moments as a free-willed senior police officer are ticking away. And, all too soon, the Commander's new MPCI uniform awaits her..........

Mike
mkmngr

Postby Trishbot » April 9th, 2010, 6:42 pm

mkmngr wrote:Good idea - I am sure that Warden Smith would be an ideal candidate for the role of Belinda's evil hench-woman.
Can anyone (with a longer involvement in HIP) please point me to the page where Warden Smith first received her Greentooth?
I just cannot find that page in the history of her enslavement.

Mike

Her first appearance wearing a greentooth was in the "Night of the Drones" story, page 478. It was never shown HOW she got her greentooth earpiece. It happened off-screen... perhaps a story for another time?
Trishbot

Postby mkmngr » April 10th, 2010, 12:40 pm

Belinda's Web.....

Thanks Trishbot for pinning down Warden Smith's first appearance as a Greentooth slave.
I offer a scenario for the design team to incorporate as they follow up on "Changing of the Guard".
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Belinda's Web.....

The Commander was in good mood as she stepped into her office at the end of an operational shift. She would be visiting young Erica Donovan over at MPCI - Erica's first deployment as a newly-promoted sergeant. Erica had been very quiet since her arrival, although Warden Smith's regular reports had been very positive.

As this was to be an official visit, the Commander had elected to change into her "dress blue" uniform - this consisted of a dark navy-blue high-necked tunic and pleated knee-length skirt over black, knee-high, stiletto-heeled boots. She discarded her utility belt and trousers, then her uniform shirt. Opening the wardrobe behind her full-length mirror, she admired her body as she pulled out her dress uniform on its hanger.

"Damn girl, that's a great body" she mused to herself; "as this tunic doesn't need a blouse, I could ditch the bra and hide a corset under this tunic". She buttoned up the brass buttons on her tunic, including the final one at her throat. The high collar of the dress tunic complemented her elegant throat - and, as we know, would hide any slim mind-control collar which Mistress Belinda might see fit to install once the unsuspecting Commander had fallen into Belinda's evil clutches. She checked that her hair was swept up in a neat regulation bun behind her head (leaving her ears completely exposed) and gave her reflection in the mirror one final, affirmative, smile.

Her mind wandered to the main event the following week - induction of the "Top Five" police cadets into the Service. For the first time ever, five women filled each highest-achieving post from the year's intake. The Commander had led the selection and training of the candidates for the honour and she was determined to look her best at the Graduation - hence her thought about digging out her corset to accentuate her figure and posture.

She quickly completed dressing (a Sam Browne harness supported the holster for the side-arm at her waist) and signed out, leaving the MPD Police HQ on her way to visit the Funhouse at MPCI to find out how Erica has settled in..........

Warden Smith spotted the ceremonial uniform immediately as the Commander stepped from her patrol car. Her enslaved mind led her to send a swift message to Mistress Belinda's Greentooth earpiece; a swift response back to the Warden's earpiece instructed her that the hapless Commander was to be the next unwilling recipient of Mistress Belinda's treatment. The Commander would become a very-useful MC'd implant in the upper echelons of the MPD command and control structure.

Warden Smith greeted the Commander with a handshake, holding in her left hand a small Greentooth earpiece - which would shortly be taking up residence in our Commander's unsuspecting left ear. Warden Smith had her approach laid out (it had been programmed into HER via her ever-present Greentooth control unit.)

"Ah Commander, we've been expecting you. Welcome to the Command Centre; please lock away your side-arm in this locker".

Warden Smith held up the Greentooth earpiece and smiled engagingly, gazing into the Commander's eyes. "As an Officer of the Law, you'll automatically be part of our "Control Group" whilst you are on MPCI premises. We need to be able to communicate with all members of the Control Group at all times; please pop in this comfortable little lightweight earpiece whilst we guide you into the Institute and across to Erica's office". Warden Smith stepped to the side of the Commander, chatting nonchalantly as she inserted the Greenooth captivator into the Commander's unprotected, unsuspecting ear. The Commander failed to notice the tell-tale reference to "Erica" rather than the more-formal "Sergeant Donovan"; but she was about to lose interest in everything other than those matters directed by Mistress Belinda......

"Here, let me lock - I'm sorry, latch - the retaining clip behind your ear" the Warden continued. "In the Control Group, we need to be in contact at all times, so these ear-pieces need the retaining clip to ensure that they stay put even if you are moving quickly".

The Commander felt slightly strange - she was used to the operational earpieces from the Police force, but those just rested in her ear. This MPCI device seemed to be burrowing into her ear canal under the gentle but persistent pressure of Warden Smith's elegantly-manicured index finger.....

"I just need to activate you" continued the Warden; "you'll hear a short musical tune, which precedes all official messages to the Control Group and as a protection against fake messages. The song title is just our little joke here at MPCI" she smiled, as the Commander listened intently, concentrating on hearing the first words of a song which is all-too-familiar to us aficionados of Greentooth.

"The lights are on;
but you're not home;
Your mind
is not your own
"

Little does our unsuspecting Commander realise, smiling at the song as the invading Greentooth earpiece burrows gently into her left ear, that the Control will be exerted UPON her, rather than her free-willed participation in supervision. Her final moments as a free-willed senior police officer are ticking away. And, all too soon, the Commander's shiny new MPCI uniform will be fitted by Warden Smith and Mistress Belinda to their new puppet, beneath her all-concealing tunic and skirt before she is returned to MPD HQ to carry out Mistress Belinda's dastardly bidding..........

Once she has been captivated by the Greentooth invader embedded in her ear, our dear obedient Commander's boot-heels clatter robotically across the cobblestones of the MPCI yard, as she walks mindlessly to her fate at the hands of Mistress Belinda.......
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Some time later +++++++++++++

Does Mistress Belinda wish to use a control collar on our hapless Commander?
(I leave these details to the MCCOMIX design team)
What does Belinda have in store for processing our freshly-captured high-ranking mind-slave?
Will the Psycho-slaver come out to play or is there even more-dastardly equipment available?
Watch the forthcoming pages...........
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A week later, the Commander surveyed the scene at the MPD Police Academy, as the audience prepared to welcome the new recruits at their passing out - and the "Top Five" cadets who were to be honoured. She stood tall and proud, luxuriating in the secret embrace of the patent-leather corset which held her body, hidden beneath her dress-blue tunic. Her hair was swept up - any MPCI team member would have no difficulty in assessing that she was another Grentooth-enslaved puppet.

In the hour before, she had met each of the cadets singly, one-to-one and alone, to brief them on the routine for the presentations and to pass on some "career advice" to each woman. The process also included the presentation of a framed certificate by Mayor Vanessa Turner, with photographs of the presentation taken by a smiling Warden Smith. After the photographs, the processing continued onto the main reason for the one-to-one meetings - the objective of isolating each cadet so that she could be enslaved by a Greentooth earpiece. The process finished by fitting each cadet with what the Commander presented to each cadet as a "personal communicator" on the pretext that "the Control Group" were trialling the small, snug devices for communications during coverts ops. The purpose was, ostensibly, to get the views on the "Top Five" on fit, comfort, wearability and ease-of-use!

The Commander presented the "offer" of a trial earpiece in a manner which discouraged dissent. The pressure to obey her was subtle but irresistible. The first three cadets accepted their Greentooth control units quickly and without even thinking (and completely ceased thinking freely straight afterwards!). The fourth cadet hesitated as Warden Smith approached, with a Greentooth earpiece in her outstretched hand. However, her "resistance" was short-lived and futile. She was surrounded by three smiling, reassuring women. Mayor Turner, "suited and booted" and fresh from presenting her with her certificate, nodded at the cadet in encouragement. Her senior Commander smiling reassuringly. Warden Smith smiled warmly as she held out the fateful device. All three senior women pointed out the Greentooth ear-pieces which were already installed in their left ears. The cadet relaxed - she could see that each senior woman seemed to be totally at ease and that the devices seemed very comfortable. The hapless cadet's objections subsided, and she offered her ear to Warden Smith for the insertion of the device which, in moments, would change her life and re-programme her chain of command.

Warden Smith smiled as she gazed into the trusting eyes of the young woman standing before her, and clicked the locking latch down behind the cadet's ear. Her fate was sealed - she would belong to Greentooth! The Commander stood by with a hair-brush as Warden Smith pressed the "activation" key on her phone to start the irresistible sonic assault on the young cadet's unprotected brain. Even if a quick-responding cadet had tried to grasp the Greentooth device in her ear, the retaining lock would hold the device firmly embedded in her ear until her resistance had been destroyed. No cadet retained free thought after the initial mind-grab. Four down, one to go!

Soon all five young women had been mind-slaved. They had been subjugated, unconsciously and without delay, to their fate. The Commander, the Mayor and the Warden all received congratulatory messages direct into their enslaved brains via their Greentooth control units as the final cadet marched from the room. Each senior woman shuddered as a small orgasm ripped through her, triggered by the Greentooth impulse. Of course, the room was under CCTV surveillance and a "higher intelligence" was watching proceedings with avid interest!

No-one was outside the room to notice that every cadet left that fateful pre-meeting with her hair brushed down over her ears and (to those of us in the know) the blank, robotic expression of the freshly-Greentoothed mind-slave. Exiting the meeting room through a different door (and thus remaining unseen by the next unsuspecting cadet who would follow her) each cadet was directed, under Greentooth control, into a holding room where the Greentooth devices relayed the instructions needed to deepen the obedience of all members of the "Top Five". After holding the usual rigid poses during the post-insertion processing, the mind-locked cadets' expressions relaxed and returned to normal just before the Graduation. With five minutes to go before the Graduation, all five young women were chatting happily and obediently confirming to each other that the new lightweight ear-pieces were no problem at all. They did not realise that they had no option in expressing the opinions; the Greentooth impulses ensured that the over-riding instructions, beamed direct into their brains via the ear-pieces, appeared to be their own free-willed thoughts. Enjoying their loss of free-will, the Puppet Master watched in delight over the CCTV circuits.

The culmination of the passing-out parade was the arrival of the "Top Five". The audience applauded as the five young women marched onto the stage, in perfect step (and, dear reader, in perfect mind-lock). Boots gleaming, tunic buttons shining, they were the perfect embodiment of the wholesome, clean, brave and uncorrupted police officers upon whom Metrobay would depend in the coming months and years. What a shame that no-one could see the fiendish device embedded in the ear of each already-subjugated young woman as she awaited the award of her shield by Mayor Vanessa Turner - which would trigger the next step in the subjugation of all members of the "Top Five" to MPCI control.......

Was it just a trick of the light, or did the little LED on the earpiece in Mayor Turner's left ear glow brighter as she inclined her head to each cadet, appearing to whisper a brief word of encouragement to each woman as she pinned the new shield on the left breast of each member of the "Top Five". Certainly, Mayor Turner did seem to be growing her hair longer since her encounter with the two subjugated interns on that fateful day in her office. Standing close to the cadet, Vanessa whispered "obedience is pleasure" into the right ear of each cadet as she unobtrusively caressed the woman's right nipple through the thin material of her uniform tunic. This post-hypnotic trigger deepened and finalised the Greentooth control over each young woman.

The "Top Five" posed, with the Commander and the Mayor, for a group photograph. MPCI's devious plan had been implemented swiftly, totally and without significant resistance. The next step would be to bring the five new puppets to MPCI for further deepening of their unthinking obedience to the body of the Control Group - and programme them with their individual missions and priorities.

Two days later, in the middle of a five-day post-Graduation furlough, all five women in the "Top Five" chose to visit The Funhouse at the Commander's suggestion. They had all "decided" to wear their MPD dress-blue uniforms, but curiously each woman had decided that she would wear no underwear beneath her tunic and skirt. Now what, dear reader, could possibly have given all five women such a risque idea for highly-regarded newly-minted police officers? And what use would Mistress Belinda make of five nubile young playthings? Did she have slim MC collars ready to supersede and enhance the Greentooth control, or fully-wired corsets ready to install? Only time will tell.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I leave it to the main team at MCCOMIX to show us what happened inside, but afterwards our five obedient enslaved "Top Five" officers began assuming their careers, moving steadily into positions of power within MPD, from which they would be able to direct the actions of every female police officer in Metrobay. This would include the allocation of assignments which could easily deliver every single unsuspecting female MPD officer to MPCI for an "MPCI assessment" - and an interesting one-way trip into Mistress Belinda's domain.

OK Belinda, over to you to fill in the blanks in your inimitable style....

Mike the Manager
mkmngr

Postby Akonkid » June 6th, 2010, 8:41 pm

Belinda's secretive experiments and ruling of the prison continues to be very interesting. I love how she pretends to be a fellow prisoner, yet is the queen bee of her lawless empire. Making Marcia her "right-hand" woman is also a great, kinky twist.

But I've grown interested in how she's slowly becoming more and more interesting in breaking beyond her prison limitations. She's manipulating law enforcers, abducting heroines, and seeking to get revenge on those she feels have slighted her, like Valient Grrl and probably Ted and others.

Speaking of Ted, the latest confirmation that she and him were more than just co-workers at some point makes their past interactions and conflicts MUCH more interesting. I was told once that she and him were the perfect couple... if they didn't hate each other so much, and that's never been more obvious. During different circumstances, Belinda could've been the one to be backstabbed and ultimately redeemed, or they could've both wound up working together as a nice couple on brilliant tech. Belinda's a total bitch, but not an entirely unsympathetic one. Wherever she goes, though, she makes things interesting. :)
Akonkid

Next

Return to Doctor Robo