Metrobay Chronology

Discuss "Metrobay Comix" and other stories with Doctor Robo!

Re: Metrobay Chronology

Postby Northern Chill » July 28th, 2011, 11:00 am

Perhaps, for timeline purpose, a note in the wiki stating that Erica's appearance is in error due to the reasons stated.
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

"What does this story need?...more Franbot!!!"
Northern Chill

Postby mctek » July 28th, 2011, 11:07 am

oh about Ring mistress's appearance at the end of Pet, at that time she was still working at Apex, this is set a year before Sword and shield, and has just started her villain ID so really that would mark her first time actively doing villainous work which so happen to start with Marina :D what she used Marina for is a story for next time :D

MCtek~
mctek

Postby Tecknophyle » July 28th, 2011, 11:32 am

So noted (both things).

A few other changes I made: I moved Club Pump and Serve and Protect to the same time: in the latter, Jenny Han has been a member "for over a month", while the story of Club Pump spans about two months.
Tecknophyle

Postby Trishbot » July 28th, 2011, 12:28 pm

Tecknophyle wrote:Actually, there's a timeline issue.

Changing of the Guard and Forbidden Fantasy must follow each other due to the Sparrow and Bluebird kidnapping/brainwashing which starts in one and ends in the other, with no room for anything in between (the first story literally says they are kidnapped a few hours after Donovan's brainwashing). The problem is that L.I.S.A. has clearly, by the second story, been in Twiss's custody for some time (his daydream about L.I.S.A. and Ms Metrobay happens after Bluebird is brainwashed and before/at the same time as Sparrow). Gynoid Dilemma also has Ted with L.I.S.A., and clearly happens before Forbidden Fantasy as well.

King of Hooter County is where they captured L.I.S.A.

There is no way to get those to work. You can't even say that it was another guard and not Donovan because Changing of the Guard states the guard uniform was created for Donovan first. The only way to retcon this is to either remove Donovan entirely from that single panel, or have the guard referred to by another name and in Changing of the Guard change a few words to indicate Donovan is being given a new guard uniform that a few have already tried out.

Hmm. Removing the entire panel is really the easiest. There's nothing critical that goes on in it anyway.

I think things can be harmonized.

I believe some of these stories cross over. I'd say the order goes "Changing of the Guard", "King of Hooter County", "Gynoid Dilemma", and then "Forbidden Fantasy".

Here's the breakdown:
"Changing of the Guard", as noted, has to come first. Erica gets converted and gets a custom uniform (as seen later in KoHC). Bluebird and Swallow get captured as well, with Bluebird converted.
"King of Hooter County" has LISA put into Ted's hands and Erica shows up at the end. So far, so good.
"Gynoid Dilemma" picks up with Ted actively studying LISA directly after acquiring her in KoHC and Crissy begins to follow her interest in becoming a robot.
"Forbidden Fantasy", at the beginning, states that Bluebird had been pleasuring Swallow for "day after day", thus implying that there had been a lengthy period between their capture in CotG and this story. This segues into Ted's fantasies about LISA and Ms. Metrobay, due to his involvement with LISA from Gynoid Dilemma.

Is there any contradiction between these events I'm unaware of? If not, I think they line up.
Trishbot

Postby MacroLass » July 28th, 2011, 1:09 pm

Northern Chill wrote:Macrolass, MONA's origin is found in chapter 1 of the Tasty Treats arc...one of my personal favorite story lines on many levels.

I

Is Tasty Treats still up in the archives? I can't seem to find it... :x
MacroLass

Postby Northern Chill » July 28th, 2011, 1:14 pm

Tasty Treats is still in the member's section at HiP...

http://memberslogin.hipcomix.com/galler ... emId=96675
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

Northern Chill

Postby Tecknophyle » July 28th, 2011, 4:21 pm

Alrighty then, I did some pretty massive re-arrangement of stories. Here's what we've got:

The Ted Twiss Origin Arc (I'm not going to list all the stories, and screw Sentius, I want it named after the Big Damn Hero)
Teacher's Pet
Agents of Desire: Isle of Ick (Valiant Woman Return)
Wireless (Mayor Turner subverted)
Hypnotica (Hypnotica origin)
Body Image (not done yet)
Mesmerella
Adult Toys
Digital Desires
Maid in Metrobay
Halloween Havoc 1 (Brust looking pretty good. For a corpse.)
Platinum Earth Crossover
Mind over Magic (Several weeks after Mesmerella: two months maybe?)
Sword and Shield (moved way up to seem more like it's only a year after Teacher's Pet, not done yet)
Feeding Frenzy
Tasty Treats/Mad Science Annual 1 (crossover)
Gothikk Girls (Gothikka hasn't gone into hibernation, not yet done)
Halloween Havoc 2: The Bride (at least a year after Gothikka's origin, Noctrissa and Spideretta haven't been arrested, Gothikka goes into hibernation)
Crissy Tanner's Nightmare (She is stated to be dreaming it's Halloween: same night as HH2 or soon after?)
Club Pump, Protect and Serve (Club Pump covers roughly 2 months, Protect and Serve happens just over a month after Jenny Han joins Club Pump, so the stories are simultaneous. Gothikka being in hibernation explains Noctrissa and Spideretta acting as free agents)
Changing of the Guard (Sgt Donovan subverted, Ginger seen as normal human a few hours later to capture Bluebird and Sparrow, Bluebird brainwashed)
King of Hooter County (Sgt Donovan shows up at end)
Gynoid Dilemma (covers at least a day, given that Ted spends the night with L.I.S.A.)
Penny for Her Thoughts (Brown Sugar subverted)
Illicit Rendezvous (begins the evening Brown Sugar is subverted, Ginger and Dani converted to cyborgs)
Catatonic Kitty (Ginger and Dani seen as cyborgs, Fran converted into one, headsets delivered to Squad headquarters, not yet done)
Forbidden Fantasy (happens at least a few days after Changing of the Guard based on Sparrow having been tortured for that long)
Belinda's Bed, Bath and Body (only Valiant Grrl seen)
Girl Next Door
The Resort Tales (the exact placement of this one is iffy)
A Day in the Life of Belinda Giolla
Doll's New Clothes
Thief in the Night
The Lonely Man - A New Drone in Town - Convert Another (exact chronological relationship with each other undetermined as of yet)

And that all seems to fit together thus far. Of the unfinished stories, Body Image doesn't look like it has the potential for causing problems (as long as references to much later story events don't appear). Gothikk Girls is a bit iffy because of the relatively tight Gothikka active timespan available: it either happens roughly where it is now or drops way down to later in the timeline after Gothikka re-awakens at some point in the future. Platinum Earth isn't a problem (even if it remains uncompleted) because the crossover is done. Sword and Shield might cause some problems depending on how it continues: it's potential final position is pretty narrow as well based on it happening a year after Teacher's Pet, so references to other stories had best be pretty sparse (it would not be cool if at the end of it she's heading over to grab Bea Flowers at the resort the next day...I'm just sayin' ).

Catatonic Kitty is the real wildcard in term of timeline-breaking things. It's position is fixed: it must occur between Illicit Rendezvous and Forbidden Fantasy but those headsets delivered to the Squad, and who they effect, could have issues with stories set later.
Tecknophyle

Postby PsiLance » July 28th, 2011, 4:32 pm

I had thought Bed, Bath, & Body was an expansion of the shower scene in A Day in the Life?
PsiLance

Postby Tecknophyle » July 28th, 2011, 4:42 pm

PsiLance wrote:I had thought Bed, Bath, & Body was an expansion of the shower scene in A Day in the Life?

Could be. It doesn't make a difference one way or the other, to be honest. It could be just some random day. But I have changed it to be simultaneous.
Tecknophyle

Postby Tecknophyle » July 28th, 2011, 4:56 pm

Okay, so now that things seem to be reasonably sorted out, the timeline does raise some questions. Right now, primary among them, how does Valiant Grrl explain the sudden transfer request to the Funhouse (not to mention living there) to her still very-much girlfriend Alpha Woman? In the story she senses something is wrong when the brainwashing occurs but doesn't mention a problem in The Resort Tales. The other three are easy since Sparrow and Bluebird aren't a big deal as they didn't have as much interaction with others, and Crissy could always have "want more experience" excuse, and again, she doesn't interact with many people (and her rows with Ted and Marcie could be used as an excuse to get some space).
Tecknophyle

Postby mctek » July 28th, 2011, 5:13 pm

Did mention Resort does happen before FF so no need to mention what's wrong with VG atm. For sword, there is some time between that and Resort itself, so it's not a next day deal, at least last time i checked it wasn't :P There is also one more error, with HD, during Resort me and fin goof and forgot about the big boob thing for her, by that time we realized this, we were halfway into that story with her long ago mc'ed. So this also puts musk before Resort and Wicked over at HiP after.

MCtek~
mctek

Postby MacroLass » July 28th, 2011, 5:19 pm

That'd explain that then. Thanks.
MacroLass

Postby Northern Chill » July 28th, 2011, 5:20 pm

If and when the PP adventures get merged into this timeline, Wicked takes places after Catatonic (Tamry O'Sullivan).

Northern Chill

Postby mctek » July 28th, 2011, 5:35 pm

If i got my order straight, and it should be. Man Fin is gunna kill me.....

Teacher's pet :1 year before/ Also the enslavement of New Guard happens at this time.

Pleasure Pets : between this time.

Queen of Hearts/Guardian Gals: happens at same this as time

Sword and Shield: year 1/ New Guard still enslaved

Musk of Mynx: happens in between this time

Resort Tales: several months later

Prized Displays: 3 Months later

Wick some time later
mctek

Postby Northern Chill » July 28th, 2011, 5:47 pm

For Love and Obey, I would place it between Illicit Rendezvous (Danibot and Gingerbot cameos) and Resort Tales/Musk of the Mynx (HD cameos looking normal and not after events of Musk).

Northern Chill

PreviousNext

Return to Doctor Robo