Metrobay Chronology

Discuss "Metrobay Comix" and other stories with Doctor Robo!

Re: Metrobay Chronology

Postby steverogers5 » August 6th, 2011, 7:43 pm

PsiLance wrote:The placing of Resort Tales is not that big an issue really. Even if Kristen was gone, perhaps Tina thinks she's just busy. Never let it be said that the Squad is quick on the whole abduction thing.

"But we're all going to the resort."

*whisper whisper whisper* "I'm really busy with the thing, Tina. I promise I'll get there if I can. Go have fun. I know you could all use the break, especially after the things that have been happening in the city."

"You sure you don't need help?"

*whisper whisper whisper* "I'm sure. Go have fun. For me."

"Alright...if that's what you want. I love you."

"Love you, too. Bye. *hang up* Did I do well, Madam?"

Beautiful! :) I was thinking much the same thing. But I never would have been able to articlulate it as well as you did here. That passage is gonna be pretty much my personal canon now for what exactly went down there! ;) :D
steverogers5

Postby Tecknophyle » August 6th, 2011, 11:13 pm

Doctor Robo wrote:
Tony wrote:There is an issue with Goldwing in the Chronology.

Goldwing is seen in character in Hostile Takeover and again Operation Resurrection though Night of the Drones. However, in Stripper Transformation, she and Knyght Fighter are last seen as Strippers.

On page 206 of Superheroine Squad I wrote "You may recall how Goldwing and Knyght Fighter were captured by the supervillain Syman Sayz and used by APEX as guinea pigs to test their latest wicked invention. Well luckily for the young heroines the body morphing process was flawed and they eventually returned to their original forms."

It wasn't a major plot point or anything, but it does appear in print that GW and KF reverted to their normal selves at some point between Stripper Transformation and Robotica Erotica.

- Doc

It's also mentioned in The Resort Tales when Goldwing is captured by Ring Mistress and recognizes her that the change reversed after a few months to a year. I'll note that in the Chronology.
Tecknophyle

Postby Tecknophyle » August 6th, 2011, 11:56 pm

As a result of the conversation regarding Goldwing, that triggered some memories. Members Request 7 has Goldwing as normal, so I moved it down to right after/during Twisted Tales due to the comment the two characters were transformed for several months to a year, so I assume the change back happened around that time.

This does create a problem in that Ginger Monroe's origin in Superheroine Squad is implied to have happened some time previously early in Max's career, and that the two heroines changing back had to have happened before that, but it's an easily overlooked thing, so I'm pretending it didn't happen quite that way.
Tecknophyle

Postby Northern Chill » August 7th, 2011, 11:35 am

I would suggest adding Rubberbound to the Chronology with the notation that it reveals that Dr. Tinker and Changeling are married for first time and it could be placed before the Thief in the Night arc.
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

"What does this story need?...more Franbot!!!"
Northern Chill

Postby Tecknophyle » August 7th, 2011, 1:03 pm

Northern Chill wrote:I would suggest adding Rubberbound to the Chronology with the notation that it reveals that Dr. Tinker and Changeling are married for first time and it could be placed before the Thief in the Night arc.

It would take place during "Musk".
Tecknophyle

Postby Tony » August 7th, 2011, 3:14 pm

I missed the note in the Super Heroine story entirely. Thanks for the explanation though I think the time between those early stories and the principle start of Twisted Tales needs to be a little longer to account for the Ginger's transformation being a little more successful than the previous two we know about.

On a different note, I see that Original Sin is placed back in 1946 though unlike Primal Urge, Original Sin's main story line is a flashback to 1946 being told by someone that lived it. It might help if the flashback is noted in the chronology as well as when it was flashing back from. It seems that Marcy (sorry, Silver Satin) knows of Valiant Women (not Valient Grrl right?) and that Ted is assisting the heroines. Can you figure out when in the sequence the diner scene fits into the present time period?
Tony

Postby Northern Chill » August 7th, 2011, 8:18 pm

If I was to hazard a guess, I would place the diner framing sequence of Original Sin to happen shortly after Night of the Drones given SS's mentioning of her past experiences and seeming newness to the heroine experience.
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

Northern Chill

Postby Tecknophyle » August 7th, 2011, 8:48 pm

Northern Chill wrote:If I was to hazard a guess, I would place the diner framing sequence of Original Sin to happen shortly after Night of the Drones given SS's mentioning of her past experiences and seeming newness to the heroine experience.

I left it out because there's no particular place that it has to be (except after Drones), as there's nothing of consequence that happens during the framing narrative.
Tecknophyle

Postby Northern Chill » August 7th, 2011, 8:55 pm

Tecknophyle wrote:
Northern Chill wrote:If I was to hazard a guess, I would place the diner framing sequence of Original Sin to happen shortly after Night of the Drones given SS's mentioning of her past experiences and seeming newness to the heroine experience.

I left it out because there's no particular place that it has to be (except after Drones), as there's nothing of consequence that happens during the framing narrative.

Alpha Man introducing at end..about all.

Northern Chill

Postby Hector2 » August 10th, 2011, 10:57 pm

Hi everyone

I have a particular question that I don't know where to post... so I post it here.

If there is some other forum that this question belongs, could you please tell me? I'm sorry if I'm invading this chronology post.

The question is: at the Metrobay wiki, there is this article:

http://metrobay.wetpaint.com/page/Mildred+Glestein

But I don't remember Mildred for any of the comics, could you tell me where is her apparition?

Thanks!

Hector.
Hector2

Postby Northern Chill » August 11th, 2011, 11:17 am

Hector2 wrote:Hi everyone

I have a particular question that I don't know where to post... so I post it here.

If there is some other forum that this question belongs, could you please tell me? I'm sorry if I'm invading this chronology post.

The question is: at the Metrobay wiki, there is this article:

http://metrobay.wetpaint.com/page/Mildred+Glestein

But I don't remember Mildred for any of the comics, could you tell me where is her apparition?

Thanks!

Hector.

Mildred is a character created by Trishbot a few months ago and we have several stories in various stages of development that will have her appearing in though none published as of yet. Rest assured though she will show up at some point..:)

Northern Chill

Postby Hector2 » August 11th, 2011, 5:10 pm

Hi Doctor Robo

Thank you for your response!

Hector2
Hector2

Postby Doctor Robo » August 11th, 2011, 7:28 pm

Northern Chill wrote:Mildred is a character created by Trishbot a few months ago and we have several stories in various stages of development that will have her appearing in though none published as of yet. Rest assured though she will show up at some point..:)

Sometimes we get a little overexcited about our new creations and put them in the wiki before they have actually debuted. Our apologies for the confusion. We're like proud parents, and these characters are our kids!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Northern Chill » August 11th, 2011, 9:40 pm

Just to clarify things, Catatonic must happen before Forbidden Fantasy due to Fran cameo in Fantasy. Aha, you say, but Fran was undroned in New Drone...well, the cameo of VG as a Funhouse guard in New Drone means the story must happen after Fantasy.

Northern Chill

Postby Tony » August 21st, 2011, 4:50 am

S.A.R.A. first appears in Forbidden Fantasy.
Tony

PreviousNext

Return to Doctor Robo