Grime City Stories: The Lonely Man

Discuss "Metrobay Comix" and other stories with Doctor Robo!

Re: Grime City Stories: The Lonely Man

Postby Doctor Robo » September 3rd, 2011, 6:07 am

Hector2 wrote:But the best part is that I have realized something that I have not realized before, something so obvious I must have noticed in “The doll new clothes # 2”: Lisa has one of the most incredible superpowers there are: she is a truly, even temporally, youth fountain!

Imagine that, the true elixir of temporal youth. There are a lot of interesting stories with that superpower! It could be explained because Ms. Metrobay, as all the West sisters, have a unexplained longevity. Lisa doesn’t realize how much power she possesses. Could Gilbert explain that to her?

Thanks Hector! The idea of Lisa's 'milk' having a revitalizing effect on older characters was kind of a spur of the moment thing, but I'm happy that you are enjoying it. I'm not sure if it has any direct relation to Ms Metrobay - I kind of figured it would be a side effect of the Thrallium which gives Lisa her hypno powers.

What do you think about that?

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby MacroLass » September 3rd, 2011, 9:20 am

Doctor Robo wrote:What do you think about that?

I like it. I enjoy the sense of history you get seeing the women and men from earlier times still around and having LISA's milk as a plot device to have them able to be "frisky" for a time with the modern characters is a treat. The only thing that would concern me about it is if Max or anyone in APEX ever finds out about it. They'd surely kill the golden goose to try to figure out how she does it. After all, HE isn't getting any younger either....
MacroLass

Postby Hector2 » September 3rd, 2011, 4:55 pm

Hi there Doc!

First of all, thanks for answering my post!

Second, I agree with Macrolass: If Apex could know what Lisa is capable, they will retrieve it. And given that she, as Mechana “itself”, is nothing more than a robot, and given his power over the justice system in Metrobay, that would not be a crime.

Imagine a dark story where Madam Minx, Belinda Giolla or Vivian Indeks herself knew that this robot could give them youth, even temporary. Yes they are all gorgeous for their age but Macrolass is right, they aren’t getting younger. Apex kidnaps (stole) Lisa from Ted. All the Superheroines try to rescue them. Then evil lawyer Janice Prissman comes and tells them is perfectly legal. The Dairy King just put her (it) in one of his infernal devices and Lisa is converted in the literal golden cow, forever.

Naaah, I didn’t like that story. But the possibilities are there.

The thing that truly surprised me was to know that you didn’t think of this as one of the Ms. Metrobay superpowers, but as a side effect of the Thrallium powers. First of all, I don’t think of me a better writer than you and I hope you don’t take this as a critic, (I’m only writing this because you invited me to do it) but I think hypnotic powers have nothing to do with a elixir of temporal youth. However, this could be consistent in how Ms. Metrobay and all the West Sisters have that unexplained longevity.

This also could be exploited for Ms. Metrobay too. I have read critics about how her only power seems to be “Cheesecake”. But she has an impressive superpower. She can process external energy like a battery. That means she is like Superman and like him, could be unbeatable. I think that you have a lot of possibilities here to ignore.
Anyway, I love this tale. Oh, and just an observation: Lisa behaves like a little child (too much questions) but she (it) never behaves as cool as Mechana. It´s almost as Mechana is newer generation robot, but she was the first generation. Is Belinda that genius? Or are Ms. Metrobay and Valiant Grl personalities so cool?

Thanks

Hector 2
Hector2

Postby Doctor Robo » September 4th, 2011, 5:45 pm

This week at MCcomix.com, Doctor Robo, Finister Foul, and Trishbot proudly present chapter five of “The Lonely Man”.

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=32345

LISA was created by Professor Gilbert Petto to be a highly advanced sentient android, programmed for pleasure and service. Gilbert has not been able to replicate LISA’s personality programming with his second creation, MONA, which is a source of great frustration to him. Now that LISA has come ‘home’ to help her creator, she has decided to teach MONA how to best please her master and serve his every whim.

The sparks are sure to fly when these two busty bimbots get together for some one-on-one tutoring, and Gilbert hopes that he is man enough to handle both of them. Is he? Only members of MCcomix.com will know for sure!

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... _itemId=22

For more information on Metrobay Comix, visit our Metrobay Encyclopedia wiki at http://metrobay.wetpaint.com/ or our deviantART page at http://metrobay-comix.deviantart.com/.
Doctor Robo

Postby Graham » September 5th, 2011, 4:10 am

I love the direction you've taken with LISA's developing initiative -- keeping her personality robotic and devoted to her directives, while causing people to underestimate her independence while not supervised. It's an elegant solution!
Graham

Postby Doctor Robo » September 5th, 2011, 12:32 pm

Hector2 wrote:The thing that truly surprised me was to know that you didn’t think of this as one of the Ms. Metrobay superpowers, but as a side effect of the Thrallium powers. First of all, I don’t think of me a better writer than you and I hope you don’t take this as a critic, (I’m only writing this because you invited me to do it) but I think hypnotic powers have nothing to do with a elixir of temporal youth. However, this could be consistent in how Ms. Metrobay and all the West Sisters have that unexplained longevity.

This also could be exploited for Ms. Metrobay too. I have read critics about how her only power seems to be “Cheesecake”. But she has an impressive superpower. She can process external energy like a battery. That means she is like Superman and like him, could be unbeatable. I think that you have a lot of possibilities here to ignore.
Anyway, I love this tale. Oh, and just an observation: Lisa behaves like a little child (too much questions) but she (it) never behaves as cool as Mechana. It´s almost as Mechana is newer generation robot, but she was the first generation. Is Belinda that genius? Or are Ms. Metrobay and Valiant Grl personalities so cool?

I actually look at it the other way. LISA is actually slightly more advanced than Mechana because she is starting to develop the very early stages of what we someday might call 'emotions', or at the very least an understanding of human emotions. She is also learning to develop a bit of independence that Mechana does not yet have. Maybe Mechana can learn something from LISA if they were to ever get together again...

As for your suggestions, I certainly don't mind the criticism. It comes with the territory. I think it's fabulous that you all care about our stories as much as you do. But to answer your question, the Thrallium crystal in Lisa's body was initially designed to power her systems. The hypnotic powers were a welcome bonus. No one knew about the revitalizing effects at all until just recently, because it only seems to work on older characters. You and I know that it's because of the strange properties of the Thrallium, but the rest of the world hasn't figured that out yet.

Thanks again for your comments!
- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » September 5th, 2011, 12:34 pm

Graham wrote:I love the direction you've taken with LISA's developing initiative -- keeping her personality robotic and devoted to her directives, while causing people to underestimate her independence while not supervised. It's an elegant solution!

Thanks Graham! I have been looking for ways to differentiate Mechana, LISA, and MONA. I think this is one way to do that. Glad you approve!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Tony » September 5th, 2011, 12:56 pm

Doctor Robo wrote:Thanks Graham! I have been looking for ways to differentiate Mechana, LISA, and MONA. I think this is one way to do that. Glad you approve!

- Doc

It sounds like S.A.R.A was really shelved since you don't even mention her. :)
Tony

Postby Doctor Robo » September 5th, 2011, 12:58 pm

Tony wrote:It sounds like S.A.R.A was really shelved since you don't even mention her. :)

I have plans for her. She's on the bench for now, but eventually she'll be back in the game in a major way. We just need to get some other stories told first.

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Hector2 » September 5th, 2011, 9:32 pm

Hi there!

Sorry I don't remember now: Who is S.A.R.A?
Hector2

Postby mctek » September 5th, 2011, 9:50 pm

Sorry I don't remember now: Who is S.A.R.A?

Hey Hector, S.A.R.A is the robot double of Chrissy Tanner aka Chrome.

MCtek~
mctek

Postby Hector2 » September 6th, 2011, 8:52 am

Hi there

Thanks for your answer MCtek, the problem is, I don't remember her, maybe I must re - read that comic...

Thanx
Hector2

Postby mctek » September 6th, 2011, 9:24 am

She can be found in the story arc, Forbidden Fantasy. :D

MCtek~
mctek

Postby Hector2 » September 10th, 2011, 5:43 pm

What’s up Doc?

I have been thinking about your comment regarding who (what) is the better robot: Mechana or LISA? I tought the answer was Mechana: she is cool, has chosen the light side, has defeated Sentius when all seemed lost, and is living a “relationship” with Silver Satin.

But you affirm that is LISA, and her we can see why: she is still living with his parents (masters) and is trying to grant them their desires, but being a robot, she cannot even guess that the majority of humans doesn’t have any idea about that either.

Ignorant of this sad truth, Lisa tries to achieve her (it?) master’s dreams, only to take literally all their dreams… like a human child could do.

So there, maybe Lisa has potential to truly understand the human condition, but not today… However, one wonders: What is the exactly nature of the “instruction” Lisa is giving to Mona, and what are the data Mona is assimilating?

And what is the sad memory Toymaker was having?

And does Lisa has an integrated phone guide, or at least a wireless internet connection to know Liz Trance’s address?

Oh my! Another of my favorite characters! Bambi Bambino a taxi driver? My, an ex mafia princess now doing… a honest job? Didn’t his pal Bug Eyez get her a part of ROPE action? And what about the “FF2011” plate?

Well, at least I have a cameo of Bambi… (by the way, those dices are exactly the kind of thing I was thinking Bambi would have in his car!

Hey, did you notice that the music in page 70 was not green, but blue… does that makes any sense?

Well, I must say that Lisa not only has Liz Trance under his control, but is also cheating Bambino of his pay? That is a crime!

I wait for the next part, and please, give us another cameo of Bambi wearing a kick ass villain costume!

Hector2
Hector2

Postby Doctor Robo » September 11th, 2011, 11:03 am

This week at MCcomix.com, Doctor Robo, Finister Foul, and Trishbot proudly present chapter six of “The Lonely Man”.

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=33740

With Gilbert Petto passed out from his tryst with two insatiable sex dolls, LISA takes it upon herself to continue her creator’s work and assemble the pieces for the ultimate companion doll. Her first stop is to visit the future ex-wife of a former Petto colleague, and let’s just say with two of Metrobay’s bustiest babes under one roof there’s sure to be plenty of hot jiggling action to go around!

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... _itemId=22

For more information on Metrobay Comix, visit our Metrobay Encyclopedia wiki at http://metrobay.wetpaint.com/ or our deviantART page at http://metrobay-comix.deviantart.com/.
Doctor Robo

PreviousNext

Return to Doctor Robo