Grime City Stories: The Lonely Man

Discuss "Metrobay Comix" and other stories with Doctor Robo!

Re: Grime City Stories: The Lonely Man

Postby Doctor Robo » September 11th, 2011, 11:13 am

Hector2 wrote:So there, maybe Lisa has potential to truly understand the human condition, but not today… However, one wonders: What is the exactly nature of the “instruction” Lisa is giving to Mona, and what are the data Mona is assimilating?

And what is the sad memory Toymaker was having?

And does Lisa has an integrated phone guide, or at least a wireless internet connection to know Liz Trance’s address?

Oh my! Another of my favorite characters! Bambi Bambino a taxi driver? My, an ex mafia princess now doing… a honest job? Didn’t his pal Bug Eyez get her a part of ROPE action? And what about the “FF2011” plate?

Well, at least I have a cameo of Bambi… (by the way, those dices are exactly the kind of thing I was thinking Bambi would have in his car!

Hey, did you notice that the music in page 70 was not green, but blue… does that makes any sense?

Well, I must say that Lisa not only has Liz Trance under his control, but is also cheating Bambino of his pay? That is a crime!

Hi Hector2! I'll try to answer your questions as best I can:

- LISA is trying to teach MONA how to best serve her master. Instead of programming the data into MONA's brain, LISA decided to show her how to do it and have her learn from experience.

- I don't want to give too much away about Gilbert's dream. That will pay off later on in the story. Suffice it to say, there's a reason why he is so lonely.

- Yes, I figure in this day and age a sentient robot would have some sort of built-in wireless internet access, at least enough for an onboard GPS and phone book.

- I figure Bambi took an 'honest' job to try to stay clean while on probation from her latest crime. Finister was kind enough to let me use her in a cameo, so I ran with it. I wouldn't expect much more of an appearance from her aside from her role as LISA's impromptu chauffeur.

- The music was not green for a reason. In my mind the color green represents Thrallium, or more generally speaking it represents mind control. Not every video and song Liz uses will have subliminal MC embedded in it, just the one specific clip Marvin gave to her in "The Girl Next Door".

- LISA isn't fully up to speed on the concept of 'right' and 'wrong' just yet. She only knows 'obey' and 'disobey', or 'serve' and 'not serve'. So she may do things that are a little on the naughty side in order to carry out what she thinks is her top priority: serving and pleasing her master.

Thanks for the questions!
- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Hector2 » September 11th, 2011, 4:47 pm

Hi Doctor Robo:

Thanks for answering my questions!

The first question was poorly worded: My idea is that LILSA is not only teaching MONA to serve her master, but her unique “proactive” approach, how to serve him “better” (Making MONA the second AI who has this particular approach to obedience, after all, that is the point with LISA.

And about the FF2011 plate?

Poor, poor Bambi, she is not only doing a small cameo, working in an honest job, but she is victimized by a cheating robot! I assume for your response that she would not get a tip, but her entire fare? Now that’s petty!

Thanks again!

Hector2
Hector2

Postby MacroLass » September 11th, 2011, 6:16 pm

Hector2 wrote:And about the FF2011 plate?

Obviously that stands for Finister Foul 2011....
MacroLass

Postby Hector2 » September 12th, 2011, 6:33 pm

Hi Macrolass!

Thank you, it was really obvious, I don't know how I missed it.

Hector2
Hector2

Postby PsiLance » September 13th, 2011, 3:27 pm

Oh No! Shin Chan has infected MC Comix!!
PsiLance

Postby Doctor Robo » September 14th, 2011, 6:04 pm

PsiLance wrote:Oh No! Shin Chan has infected MC Comix!!

Not to worry. It's been handled.
Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » September 18th, 2011, 7:51 pm

This week at MCcomix.com, Doctor Robo, Finister Foul, and Trishbot proudly present chapter seven of “The Lonely Man”.

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=34202

Liz Trance: Housewife, soon to be divorcee, part-time beautician, exercise aficionado.

Raquel Summers: Single mom, college professor, good workout partner, better friend.

What else do these two have in common? Apparently their taste for sexy leotards and silky tights. Oh, and one of them is currently a slave to the android LISA’s hypnotic powers, and the other is about to follow suit. Doesn’t that sound like fun?

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... _itemId=22
Doctor Robo

Postby MacroLass » September 19th, 2011, 9:24 am

Nice offering this time. It's good to see other fetishes addressed like hose wearing (which is a interesting change from the totally nude look) and haigure (which is just plain silly, but there you go :lol: ).
MacroLass

Postby MindChanger » September 20th, 2011, 1:49 am

Congrats on haigure attempt. Good to see some random humor in the series. Haven't laughed so hard since Trish's "power of cuteness".

Good job.
MindChanger

Postby Doctor Robo » September 28th, 2011, 6:08 pm

MacroLass wrote:Nice offering this time. It's good to see other fetishes addressed like hose wearing (which is a interesting change from the totally nude look) and haigure (which is just plain silly, but there you go :lol: ).

MindChanger wrote:Congrats on haigure attempt. Good to see some random humor in the series. Haven't laughed so hard since Trish's "power of cuteness".

Thanks! I do try to mix in other fantasies that may not be my own, just for variety's sake. The haigure was just a random little thing I threw in there for some giggles. I'm glad you approve!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Hector2 » October 1st, 2011, 9:02 pm

Hi Doc Robo!

This review is of issue 7.

Even when I understand the reason for focusing on Liz’s better assets (he he), I found this chapter a little repetitive. Not a lot happens except LISA controlling Liz and discovering that his powers can harm an human being.

I hope I’m not sounding strange but, do MECHANA, LISA and other robots had the three robotic laws in this universe?

Hector2.
Hector2

Postby Doctor Robo » October 2nd, 2011, 11:22 am

Hector2 wrote:Hi Doc Robo!

This review is of issue 7.

Even when I understand the reason for focusing on Liz’s better assets (he he), I found this chapter a little repetitive. Not a lot happens except LISA controlling Liz and discovering that his powers can harm an human being.

I hope I’m not sounding strange but, do MECHANA, LISA and other robots had the three robotic laws in this universe?

Hector2.

Well, what can I say? Some people ask for more character development. When I try to deliver it, others will say that there's no action taking place. I guess all I can ask is that you give me a chance to make it up to you over the next few chapters. :)

As for the 'three laws', I would have to say no. I mean, Mechana had no problem manhandling Ted when she was under Belinda's control, did she?

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Hector2 » October 2nd, 2011, 1:43 pm

Hi there Doc Robo!
I have to recognize that you’re right. When a writer focus on characterization there is not room for action and the same occurs the other way around.

But please, none of my comments mean to critic your writing, are only mere comments, and if one of them sounds offensive, I apologize. It’s because communicating any message is difficult, and I must confess I am not a good writer as you.

Hector2.
Hector2

Postby Doctor Robo » October 5th, 2011, 3:14 am

Hector2 wrote:Hi there Doc Robo!
I have to recognize that you’re right. When a writer focus on characterization there is not room for action and the same occurs the other way around.

But please, none of my comments mean to critic your writing, are only mere comments, and if one of them sounds offensive, I apologize. It’s because communicating any message is difficult, and I must confess I am not a good writer as you.

Hector2.

Hi Hector. No need to apologize. I didn't take offense to any of your comments. In fact, I welcome the discussion. Please keep the posts coming!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby MacroLass » October 5th, 2011, 9:05 am

Doctor Robo wrote:
Hector2 wrote:Hi there Doc Robo!

Hector2.

Hi Hector. No need to apologize. I didn't take offense to any of your comments. In fact, I welcome the discussion. Please keep the posts coming!

Well as long as you're encouraging the debate.... :D

I think it is possible to do good characterization during action scenes. An off the cuff remark, the weapon or fighting style used, even who is being attacked or how can give insight into the antagonists. For example, compare the following two scenes:

Bronk took the young girl into the abandoned tenament building. However before he could get it on with her though, MacroLass showed up and beat the crap out of him.

As compared with this:

With the young police officer over his shoulder, Bronk kicked in the door of the tenament building. Fingers and Dipstick were always cutting in on his action so for once he wanted to have a lay without them cutting in. He tossed her down on a filthy mattress and grinned...

Unfortunately for him, Emily Easton just happened to be passing by and she saw the cop being abducted. Quickly changing her clothes in the nearby alley, she followed him in, her nose wrinkling from the rank smell of the abandoned housing development. She also realized that the unsafe building could collapse if she used her growth or density powers. Bronk was a tough customer so he'd need to be taken out quick and clean...without her two most powerful abilities.

Bronk leered at his prey as he pulled down his tights...only to see a tiny blue figure on the floor swell up to his height, using the momentum to add force to the blow. Her fist caught him clean under the chin and sent him stumbling back. Pressing the advantage, the heroine pummelled him with another double fisted roundhouse which sent him to the floor, out cold.

See? Same scene but a lot more detail that shows facets of Bronk and Emily/MacroLass' personalities. Fight scenes CAN show a lot about the characters involved...if it's done carefully.

While prose and even comics don't have the advantage of the dynamic flow of action in a movie, that can be countered with the ability to show a lot more detail if the author so chooses.
MacroLass

PreviousNext

Return to Doctor Robo