Grime City Stories: The Lonely Man

Discuss "Metrobay Comix" and other stories with Doctor Robo!

Grime City Stories: The Lonely Man

Postby Doctor Robo » July 10th, 2011, 8:16 pm

This week’s update from Doctor Robo, Finister Foul, and Trishbot launches a brand new storyline for all of our erotic mind control and robot fans out there. Meet “The Lonely Man”!

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=26286

At his age, most of Gilbert Petto’s peers have started to wind down and settle in to their lives of peaceful retirement. But not Gilbert. As Metrobay’s master Dollmaker, he keeps busy doing what he loves - bringing happiness and pleasure to Metrobay citizens of all ages.

But Gilbert’s work masks a sad truth. He is lonely. VERY lonely. After losing his young fiancee decades ago, Gilbert threw himself into his career and never looked back. Now all those years of solitude have caught up to him, and he would appreciate some companionship in his golden years. That’s why he started creating his lifelike ‘dolls’, but not even the beautifully busty Mona can truly match the warmth and personality of a real woman. Or can she? Well Gilbert’s going to find out, and Mona will be his first test subject! Will he succeed? Or is he fated to remain “The Lonely Man” for the rest of his life? Find out in our latest “Grime City Stories” adventure, available only at MCcomix.com!

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... _itemId=22

For more information on Metrobay Comix, visit our Metrobay Encyclopedia wiki at http://metrobay.wetpaint.com/ or our deviantART page at http://metrobay-comix.deviantart.com/.
Doctor Robo

Re: Grime City Stories: The Lonely Man

Postby Hector2 » July 16th, 2011, 4:45 pm

Dear Dr. Robo:

I liked this tale, it gives us a glimpse of what it takes to program a robot. Given Petto is one of the experts in Metrobay, this arises further questions:

1. What about Mechana? Is that Belinda technique of blending the brain patterns of three people gave her the edge against Peto tech?

2. What about Sentius? His “mechanical body” was very akward when you compare it with Mechana, but he was a Artificial Intelligence, wasn’t he supposed to built the best robot?

3. Ted seems to be working in how to control the human mind, not robots, and Lisa seemed to be working fine without any special training, a better chip perhaps?
However, I love seeing Ted being appreciated, I think that is the principal difference with Belinda: Ted is much better with people that Belinda.

It seems to me that the problem with Belinda, Ted and Petto is that they are afraid of people and so they construct their own, they look for intimacy, but conform themselves with wild sex.

I’m anxious to see chapter 2

Hector
Hector2

Postby Doctor Robo » July 16th, 2011, 7:00 pm

Hector2 wrote:Dear Dr. Robo:

I liked this tale, it gives us a glimpse of what it takes to program a robot. Given Petto is one of the experts in Metrobay, this arises further questions:

1. What about Mechana? Is that Belinda technique of blending the brain patterns of three people gave her the edge against Peto tech?

2. What about Sentius? His “mechanical body” was very akward when you compare it with Mechana, but he was a Artificial Intelligence, wasn’t he supposed to built the best robot?

3. Ted seems to be working in how to control the human mind, not robots, and Lisa seemed to be working fine without any special training, a better chip perhaps?
However, I love seeing Ted being appreciated, I think that is the principal difference with Belinda: Ted is much better with people that Belinda.

It seems to me that the problem with Belinda, Ted and Petto is that they are afraid of people and so they construct their own, they look for intimacy, but conform themselves with wild sex.

I’m anxious to see chapter 2

Hector

Hi Hector. Thanks for your response. I'll try to answer your questions as best I can:

1) As you know, some of Gilbert's equipment came from APEX. So it's safe to assume that some of the technology used to create Mechana is also being used on Gilbert's dolls - but certainly not all of it.

2) Sentius was built as an AI first and foremost, but not originally designed to be mobile. He created that body for himself, but made it larger and tougher at the expense of quickness and fluidity.

3) Remember that Lisa was significantly upgraded by APEX during the story "Maid in Metrobay". Those upgrades give her the mind control powers, and a major increase in mental capacity compared to Mona.

Chapter 2 arrives tomorrow. I hope you enjoy it!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » July 17th, 2011, 10:15 pm

This week at MCcomix.com Doctor Robo, Finister Foul, and Trishbot proudly present chapter two of our new series: “The Lonely Man”.

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=29759

Ted Twiss is one of Metrobay’s foremost scientists and cybernetics experts. He has had a hand in creating much of the fabulous and futuristic android technology in Metrobay, whether he wants to admit it or not. Now an old friend has reached out to Ted for help with a very personal project, and Ted simply can’t say no to his friend, mentor, and father figure – the one and only Gilbert Petto.

We know that Gilbert wants to create a companion doll who can accompany him through his golden years. He can build the body – and boy, what a body he can build – but he needs help with the brain. That’s where Ted comes in. But Ted has a surprise for Gilbert when he comes to visit. That surprise? Gilbert’s very first (and greatest ) creation - Lisa!

How will Gilbert react to meeting Lisa for the first time since she was taken from him? And what will Ted think of Mona, knowing full well where her looks came from? Find out in “The Lonely Man” chapter two, available exclusively at MCcomix.com!

For more information on Metrobay Comix, visit our Metrobay Encyclopedia wiki at http://metrobay.wetpaint.com/ or our deviantART page at http://metrobay-comix.deviantart.com/.
Doctor Robo

Postby Hector2 » July 21st, 2011, 11:20 am

Hi there Doc Robo!

First of all, thanks for answering my questions, here and in the other forums. You're great!

To be absolutely sincere, I didn’t like the title of this series, “The Lonely Man”. I mean, I know Petto is lonely… Couldn’t you think of another title?

And then it hit me… this is not about Petto, is also about Ted Twiss, a handsome, intelligent and almost good man that is struggling with the notion that a robot is better for him than a woman. The title is perfect!

Given that Ted's last meaningful human relationship was Belinda Giolla, he could have a point.

This is almost going away the fetish category to get into philosophy: Is really a relationship with another human being worth it? If you had the tech, wouldn’t it better to have a robot? How many of us humans could accept or embrace that? What could have mean to the future of the species? Etc etc etc

Oh, well, I loved Sacharine’s uniform maiden, did you made a shout out of a fic?

And the cover for the next issue is great! Mechana against Omega Woman? Why? Who cares? They’re cool!

Hector2
Hector2

Postby Doctor Robo » July 24th, 2011, 8:54 pm

This week at MCcomix.com Doctor Robo, Finister Foul, and Trishbot proudly present chapter three of our new series: “The Lonely Man”.

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=30298

Gilbert Petto, Metrobay’s foremost toymaker, has enlisted the help of his former student Ted Twiss to create the ultimate female robot companion. Tagging along for the ride is L.I.S.A., who knows a little something about how to create a living doll – because she is one herself!

Meanwhile, back at Squad Headquarters, Mechana and Omega Woman are going toe-to-toe in what was supposed to be a friendly sparring session. But one of the two HATES to lose… care to guess which one?

Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » July 24th, 2011, 8:56 pm

Hector2 wrote:Hi there Doc Robo!

First of all, thanks for answering my questions, here and in the other forums. You're great!

It is my pleasure, Hector. I really enjoy reading the comments in these forums, and I do my best to answer them as often as I can.

I hope you enjoy this week's issue!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby MacroLass » July 25th, 2011, 12:44 pm

Just a couple of thoughts (I promise not to be silly like with Convert Another ;) )...

I like LISA's new outfit. It's simple like the greybots' uniforms but unique as well (though it harks back somewhat to Ginger's "racing" outfit from before). The fetishy costumes are okay for villains (like during her MilkMaid phase) or simple props (like MONA is now) but to be a character that people with empathize with she needs to have a look that's all her own. Plus wandering around naked just isn't right....

Speaking of MONA, what story arc was she created in? I can't seem to find it. Perhaps when you do montage scenes in these stories (which I think works well visually) you could put in a little Marvel style "tag" highlighting what story and issues the pictures came from.

LOOOOVED the ringtone... :D

On the other hand, I'm really disappointed in Omega Woman. One would expect that a woman from the 40's AND a Golden Age comic character (ala FemForce) would be a tad more restrained, especially since she was in a training session, even if she could justify that she was sparring with a robot. It seems like she's becoming the typical "angry/bitchy" character which would be a tragic waste of potential. I'm hoping this is the symptom of a deeper problem, like not fitting in with the modern era or such...which might be addressed in a future story.

I'm going to be SORELY disappointed if some day that Vespa Twiss is riding on doesn't transform into a fembot one of these days....

That's all for the moment. Nice work so far, I'm looking forward to the rest of it!
MacroLass

Postby Northern Chill » July 25th, 2011, 12:56 pm

Macrolass, MONA's origin is found in chapter 1 of the Tasty Treats arc...one of my personal favorite story lines on many levels.

I'm a huge fan of Omega Woman (may have mentioned this in passing a few times when talking to creative types here) and would dearly love to see this complex character get a future story arc that explores her history on so many levels.

Oh, and really enjoyed the "Luscious Lingerie" mention by Gilbert...nice...:D

Looking forward to seeing where this story goes...:D
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

"What does this story need?...more Franbot!!!"
Northern Chill

Postby Doctor Robo » July 25th, 2011, 8:52 pm

MacroLass wrote:I like LISA's new outfit. It's simple like the greybots' uniforms but unique as well (though it harks back somewhat to Ginger's "racing" outfit from before). The fetishy costumes are okay for villains (like during her MilkMaid phase) or simple props (like MONA is now) but to be a character that people with empathize with she needs to have a look that's all her own. Plus wandering around naked just isn't right....

LOOOOVED the ringtone... :D

On the other hand, I'm really disappointed in Omega Woman. One would expect that a woman from the 40's AND a Golden Age comic character (ala FemForce) would be a tad more restrained, especially since she was in a training session, even if she could justify that she was sparring with a robot. It seems like she's becoming the typical "angry/bitchy" character which would be a tragic waste of potential. I'm hoping this is the symptom of a deeper problem, like not fitting in with the modern era or such...which might be addressed in a future story.

I wanted to get Lisa out of the MilkMaid dress for pretty much the reasons you described. I think that particular costume served its purpose, and now that she has moved on from that persona the dress didn't feel right anymore.

I'm glad you liked the ringtone. I got a kick out of that one myself.

Don't be so hard on Omega Woman. She's the type who is all business, and always carries a chip on her shoulder. She's my way of saying that not every heroine is a sweetheart, just like not every villain (like Gilbert) is a jerk. I think there is room for shades of gray in Metrobay.

Thanks!
- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » July 25th, 2011, 8:55 pm

Northern Chill wrote:Macrolass, MONA's origin is found in chapter 1 of the Tasty Treats arc...one of my personal favorite story lines on many levels.

I'm a huge fan of Omega Woman (may have mentioned this in passing a few times when talking to creative types here) and would dearly love to see this complex character get a future story arc that explores her history on so many levels.

Oh, and really enjoyed the "Luscious Lingerie" mention by Gilbert...nice...:D

Looking forward to seeing where this story goes...:D

Thanks for digging up that reference. MacroLass has a point. I could probably start to leave editor's notes on those pages, although I have to be careful about adding yet another layer of text to some already busy pages.

I think I may have heard about your OW crush before. Fear not, this issue will not be her only appearance in this story. :)

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Hector2 » July 30th, 2011, 9:45 pm

Dear Doc Robo:

Editor notes, true believer? I think that you’re right, they add text to the pages. Could I suggest you could only refer your readers to the Metrobay wiki on the character? You can write all the text necessary there.

Reading Macrolass post, I must agree with her: I thought there would be something more about Omega Woman’s attack on Mechana than her “I hate to lose” attitude.

But then you have the advantage of being a good an experienced writer to explain this, maybe Omega Woman, born before robots, only see them as appliances and is wondering why Ted Twiss is so eager to repair “it”. Maybe you can show her hesitating about feeling guilt or not about this incident.

In earlier stories, I thought her characterization was not about a “win at all cost” personality, but someone out of time that is hotheaded and the “shoot first questions later” type, that really is introverted and insecure at modern world.

The bottom line is that I think you can explain this through good writing and characterization.

Hector2.
Hector2

Postby Doctor Robo » July 30th, 2011, 10:49 pm

Hector2 wrote:Editor notes, true believer? I think that you’re right, they add text to the pages. Could I suggest you could only refer your readers to the Metrobay wiki on the character? You can write all the text necessary there.

In earlier stories, I thought her characterization was not about a “win at all cost” personality, but someone out of time that is hotheaded and the “shoot first questions later” type, that really is introverted and insecure at modern world.

We certainly can refer readers to the wiki, but I would need to devise a plan to do so in a subtle manner. Also, I have been hesitant to mention the wiki within comics because I guess there's no guarantee it will always exist. I mean, I have no intention of doing anything to it, but like any website there's no expectation that it will last forever.

As for as Omega Woman goes, I don't think 'win at all costs' and 'doesn't like to lose' are exactly the same thing. Besides, the story isn't over yet. By the end you'll get a better idea of what actually happened during that sparring session.

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » August 14th, 2011, 10:44 am

This week at MCcomix.com, Doctor Robo, Finister Foul, and Trishbot proudly present chapter four of “The Lonely Man”.

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=31009

While Ted attends to important Squad matters, Lisa and Gilbert are left alone for the first time since Lisa was created. Lisa’s growing sense of curiosity gets the better of her, and she asks him what his idea of the ‘perfect’ woman is. You may or may not be surprised with his answers!

Then, smalltalk aside, Lisa offers Gilbert the chance to pick up where they left off before Max Indeks stole her away. Gilbert leaps at the chance, but he may be too old and tired to keep up with a literal sex machine. Or is he…?

Doctor Robo

Postby Hector2 » August 20th, 2011, 10:53 pm

Dear Dr. Robo, Finister and Trishbot:

I really must write about Gilbert and his “ideal” woman. To make it a combination of Liz Trance, Raquel Summers, Omega Woman and Ms. Metrobay is something great. I have the same idea: just mix some characteristics with others and boom! The ideal woman.

But the best part is that I have realized something that I have not realized before, something so obvious I must have noticed in “The doll new clothes # 2”: Lisa has one of the most incredible superpowers there are: she is a truly, even temporally, youth fountain!

Imagine that, the true elixir of temporal youth. There are a lot of interesting stories with that superpower! It could be explained because Ms. Metrobay, as all the West sisters, have a unexplained longevity. Lisa doesn’t realize how much power she possesses. Could Gilbert explain that to her?

I am anxious to see the next issue and check how this tale develops.

Thanks a lot

Hector2
Hector2

Next

Return to Doctor Robo