Which storyline do you want to see more of?

Discuss "Metrobay Comix" and other stories with Doctor Robo!

Which storyline or characters do you want to see more of?

Belinda Giolla and her Funhouse guard-slaves
22%
Gothikka, Voltara, and the Zom-babes
15%
Vic Reno and his Headlights Hotties
26%
Marvin Quimby, Liz Trance, and Madame Mynx
9%
Gilbert Petto and his dolls
6%
The APEX graybots/robounits
11%
Ms. Metrobay, LISA, and Ted Twiss
11%

Total votes : 65

Which storyline do you want to see more of?

Postby Doctor Robo » June 7th, 2011, 9:44 pm

Hi all. Time for another poll question. This one is pretty simple. Of the current Metrobay storylines (and characters) on MCcomix.com, which do you want to see followed up on?

We can't promise that we'll get to these in any particular order, but your votes and comments may help influence our upcoming agenda. Also, I have enabled the option to vote for more than one, in case you have trouble breaking a tie.

Thanks!
- Doc
Doctor Robo

Re: Which storyline do you want to see more of?

Postby nitpicker » August 14th, 2011, 6:16 am

It would be nice to see an update to the Headlight Hotties story. At this point, it seems that every storyline listed above except Headline Hotties has had a recent update.
nitpicker

Postby Doctor Robo » August 14th, 2011, 10:10 am

nitpicker wrote:It would be nice to see an update to the Headlight Hotties story. At this point, it seems that every storyline listed above except Headline Hotties has had a recent update.

That's a great point. In fact, Trishbot and I have discussed doing a sequel to the Headlights story after we finish with "Convert Another". We'll send out more details as we get closer to a potential start date.

Out of curiosity, what is it about the Headlights storyline that you enjoy?

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby MacroLass » August 14th, 2011, 6:55 pm

Doctor Robo wrote:Out of curiosity, what is it about the Headlights storyline that you enjoy?

Ummm...the headlights? <duck>
MacroLass

Postby Akonkid » August 14th, 2011, 7:08 pm

Doctor Robo wrote:Out of curiosity, what is it about the Headlights storyline that you enjoy?
- Doc

For me, personally, I like the prospect of a R.O.P.E.-run "Hooters"-style restaurant. I'd like to see the restaurant split into two areas: public and private. In the public area, they're a family friendly diner that serves great wings. In the private area, the customers can order their meal and their women... "I'll take the breasts... and the other breasts". There, the women provide services, entertainment, and ROPE-style debauchery away from the front area.

And I'd like to see the women doing their jobs differently. For example, slaves in the kitchen (too many "women belong in the kitchen" jokes), slaves cleaning up the mess of former customers (and what messy customers they are), or perhaps even doing it like certain Japanese sushi bars, where the dinner plate is a naked woman's body that they eat the food off of. I'm sure you can think of something imaginative to use with that setting.

Couple that with various food-based villains (Dairy King, Chef Pasty, Dee Lisha Delight), and you can just simply have a lot of fun with the set-ups, recruitment, and use. You could have women mind controlled with thrallium-laced food, or taken back into the private area for a "private" show.

I'm particularly interested in the list that was shown earlier. Lots of names on that list. Nothing heard about those prospective waitresses yet...
If she would just do what I asked, I wouldn't need to use mind control!
Akonkid

Postby nitpicker » August 14th, 2011, 7:31 pm

Personally not a big fan of the robot fetish so the last 3 stories had little appeal to me. I mean if you want to revisit the Funhouse and give some back story of how Belinda took over the prison and converted the guards or how Warden Smith got her greentooth, I would not mind.

I think the main appeal for me with respect to a Headline Hotties story would be to see some diversity. I mean it has almost been a year to date since we last revisited the diner, i.e. Forbidden Fantasy 10. It would be nice to see Jade Lightning and Crystal Cyclone in a story as opposed to Valient Grrl, Ms. Metrobay, Alpha Woman, LISA or Crissy Tanner. Plus we got introduced to Penny and Carla. I think it was Trishbot who mentioned in Character Conversations re: Ms. Metrobay that the Metrobay Universe has gotten so large but we seem to have stories with the same characters. I also like story lines where someone goes undercover, winds up being revealed and "turned" to the other side, which is what exactly happened to Brown Sugar.

On a different note, I thought it would have been great to see some heroines in Uroboros Legion of Superheroines fall prey to the greentooth. While I enjoy a SF theme, the Space Station Venus story line has been disappointing. I enjoy women in distinctive costumes displaying their assets so having the heroines converted with some form fitting, body covering suits just has very little appeal to me. Thus, I really liked the new design changes to Ms. Metrobay's costume in The Lonely Man #4.

But when one's moniker is Dr. ROBO, it would make sense that most of your stories would tend to the robot side of things.

Just my 2 cents.
nitpicker

Postby Doctor Robo » August 14th, 2011, 8:02 pm

nitpicker wrote:I think the main appeal for me with respect to a Headline Hotties story would be to see some diversity. I mean it has almost been a year to date since we last revisited the diner, i.e. Forbidden Fantasy 10. It would be nice to see Jade Lightning and Crystal Cyclone in a story as opposed to Valient Grrl, Ms. Metrobay, Alpha Woman, LISA or Crissy Tanner. Plus we got introduced to Penny and Carla. I think it was Trishbot who mentioned in Character Conversations re: Ms. Metrobay that the Metrobay Universe has gotten so large but we seem to have stories with the same characters. I also like story lines where someone goes undercover, winds up being revealed and "turned" to the other side, which is what exactly happened to Brown Sugar.

On a different note, I thought it would have been great to see some heroines in Uroboros Legion of Superheroines fall prey to the greentooth. While I enjoy a SF theme, the Space Station Venus story line has been disappointing. I enjoy women in distinctive costumes displaying their assets so having the heroines converted with some form fitting, body covering suits just has very little appeal to me. Thus, I really liked the new design changes to Ms. Metrobay's costume in The Lonely Man #4.

But when one's moniker is Dr. ROBO, it would make sense that most of your stories would tend to the robot side of things.

That's very true. While I enjoy mind control stories as much as anyone else, I am called Dr. Robo for a reason, as you so astutely noted. I do try to diversify my themes, but I also know enough to write about what I am familiar with and what I enjoy. I just hope that there are enough like-minded individuals along for the ride for me to remain employed with this fine website.

I am interested in hearing more about your call for diversity. I think that is one of the most common debates I have with myself when I am choosing the characters for my next story. Should I go with the 'big guns' of the Squad, like Ms. Metrobay, Valient Grrl, Omega Woman, and the others you mentioned? Or should I spread the love around and spotlight other characters that may not have gotten as much shine over the years? In fact, I believe I have publicly asked that question in the past, and the answers are usually mixed. So I try to do both: utilize the top stars of Metrobay alongside minor players in featured roles. My use of Jade and Crystal in "Forbidden Fantasy" is one such example.

I also find it interesting that you aren't a fan of "Space Station Venus", specifically for the reason you mentioned. I can't tell you how many people have told me that they like the serial recruitment, and the forced anonymity or homogenization of the victims. All I can say is that I will do my best to make as many readers happy as I can, but I realize that I can't please everyone all the time. Such is life, I guess.

At any rate, thanks for the feedback. It is much appreciated!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » August 14th, 2011, 8:06 pm

Akonkid wrote:For me, personally, I like the prospect of a R.O.P.E.-run "Hooters"-style restaurant. I'd like to see the restaurant split into two areas: public and private. In the public area, they're a family friendly diner that serves great wings. In the private area, the customers can order their meal and their women... "I'll take the breasts... and the other breasts". There, the women provide services, entertainment, and ROPE-style debauchery away from the front area.

That was my original plan for Headlights in "Penny for her Thoughts", but we probably could have expanded on that better. We could have built a second dining room for the public to visit, but I decided to cut to the chase and get to the fun stuff. Perhaps in the sequel we can delve more into the business of the restaurant, alongside the mind control and general debauchery.

Thanks for the comment!
- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby nitpicker » August 14th, 2011, 8:19 pm

Every person's interest is different and I appreciate that you listen and respond to feedback. It's impossible to appeal to everyone all the time and for all my criticism, I enjoy the site. I mean if this site became robocomix.com, then I might start to lose interest. What keeps me coming back is that other artists and writers have explored more of the superheroine theme such as McTek and Northern Chill in their Naughty Nurse saga or Trishbot in her Mind over Magic series.

In terms of homogenization and forced anonymity, the entire Robotica Erotica involving Sentius focused on those themes but at least the members of the Superheroine Squadron were allowed to keep their hair and had different color of uniform. I thought that was a nice compromise. I guess I am not a big fan of baldness.

Keep up the good work.
nitpicker

Postby Doctor Robo » August 16th, 2011, 7:28 pm

nitpicker wrote:Every person's interest is different and I appreciate that you listen and respond to feedback. It's impossible to appeal to everyone all the time and for all my criticism, I enjoy the site. I mean if this site became robocomix.com, then I might start to lose interest. What keeps me coming back is that other artists and writers have explored more of the superheroine theme such as McTek and Northern Chill in their Naughty Nurse saga or Trishbot in her Mind over Magic series.

In terms of homogenization and forced anonymity, the entire Robotica Erotica involving Sentius focused on those themes but at least the members of the Superheroine Squadron were allowed to keep their hair and had different color of uniform. I thought that was a nice compromise. I guess I am not a big fan of baldness.

Thank you very much. I appreciate the honest feedback. You're exactly right... it's impossible to make everyone happy all the time. But, we know we are lucky to have so many readers such as yourself who have supported us all these years, and we will do our best to keep you all coming back for more.

So no baldness, huh? Duly noted. You'll be happy to know that there are no shaved heads in our immediate story plans. :)

As for the mind control vs. robots debate, well, you know where I stand on that one. I will offer that the next few issues of "The Lonely Man" will swing heavily in the favor of MC, and will do so fairly soon. Stay tuned!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby nitpicker » December 27th, 2011, 11:00 pm

Any chance we will be seeing any more Headlight Hotties? Except for the Naughty Nurse saga, it seems that storylines abound involving drones and robotization.
nitpicker

Postby Doctor Robo » December 28th, 2011, 6:30 am

nitpicker wrote:Any chance we will be seeing any more Headlight Hotties? Except for the Naughty Nurse saga, it seems that storylines abound involving drones and robotization.

Absolutely. I have been working on an idea for a Headlights sequel for some time now, but other ideas keep popping up that are more polished and ready to work on right away. However, we will get to Headlights 2 someday.

Any thoughts on which Metrobay character you'd like to see take a shift or two as a Headlights Hottie?

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby nitpicker » December 28th, 2011, 9:01 am

Personally, I would like to see a character when have not seen much of. Ms. Metrobay is practically in every story either as herself or her drone replica.

Logically Crystal Cyclone and Jade LIghtning come to mind since an earlier issue hinted that they might make a trip. Rollergrll might make sense as she could service all the customers in drivethru haha.
nitpicker

Postby bluemax2 » December 30th, 2011, 10:33 am

Dear Doc, et al:
I'd love to see more greybot episodes. Lots more.
In fact I think Belinda, MsMetrobay and other heroines should become greybotified, one at a time in excruciating detail.
Also Max's wife and Pink Pussycat too.

It could be different stories and series.
And how bout the return of Sentius in some capacity, pertaining to greybots as well?

thanks and happy new year all.

bluemax
bluemax2

Postby bluemax2 » December 30th, 2011, 10:35 am

Doc and all, especially Akonkid:
One more favorite and overriding storyline for 2012 if possible:

Unity; the sequel!!!

Absolutely the best storyline should be continued, revisited, modified, enhanced, expanded,etc......

regards,

Bluemax
bluemax2

Next

Return to Doctor Robo